Official LG BD550/BD560/BD570/BD590 Owners Thread - Page 107 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3181 of 6388 Old 12-09-2010, 04:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Someone said that hardware of the BD560 is equals BD570...

Looking for this, is it possible update a BD560 with a BD570 firmware to get more NetCast channels, just changing de name of the file?!?!

tnx...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3182 of 6388 Old 12-09-2010, 04:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by quincy72 View Post
OK, here is a new one that I am unable to find on this message board. I have the LG BD 570 with the most updated firmware (just updated), And am connected to a Samsung LCD HD Television (1080P, 24hz, LN46A650). Have read and experienced the issue with skipping of discs when 1080p is set to 24hz (found this issue with every movie I have watched thus far). Now, the problem is, if i set the 1080p hz setting to 60 (which apparently fixes the skipping problem?), the menu starts flickering and my TV eventually gives the message "mode not supported". I would think that it is a TV issue but in fact have had other devices that play 1080p @ 60hz fine (my older samsung bd player), so it just seems to be this player (this and other device have been plugged into the same HDMI port on the television). FYI, setting to 1080i works fine with the player. Also, when the player is set to 24hz, Youtube, weather and Cinema Now also flicker when i enter into them (since I think it is sending a 1080p 60hz signal. Is ANYONE else having this problem?
Re: Flickering - sounds like you've run into the same problem as projectalpha (the post 3 above.) 1080p @ 24Hz is pushing a hell of a lot of data through the HDMI cable, and 1080p @ 60Hz is pushing more than twice as much as that. Too much crosstalk in the cable at that frequency and the digital signal is toast. Try a different HDMI cable.
post #3183 of 6388 Old 12-09-2010, 07:03 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapchaser View Post
I received my BD 570 on Monday. I connected to my wireless network with ease, and upgraded to the latest firm ware.

1.first it downloaded, which took a long time and then it said i have to update, which also took a long time then the player powered itself off, is that normal? or should i do this whole thing again?

2. I shared all my video files, mp3 etc from my PC using the media server disk that came with the player,. It played every type of video file i had which is awesome.

3. But yesterday when i played "Bounty Hunter" blue ray, it played fine for a while an d then it became choppy !! sometime audio was out of sync, and the movie was not played continuously. It was so irritating, so i pressed stop on the remote and i pressed play again thinking it will resume,, but to my surprise it started all over from the beginning. But again the same issues,, so took the Blue ray disk out to check if there were scratches or dust, but the disk looked clean. But when played again we have the same issues,, where its not playing smoothly. Is there a fix for this, i tried changing the video resolution to 24 from 6x. Still the same problem, do i have to go to a downlevel firmware? I played the same movie from netflix which was fine.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated. I am wondering if this player is going to have lot of issues with playing Blue ray !!
Rgds

I am getting more and more frustrated with this LG BD 570 Blue ray player.

I played my 2nd movie yesterday. "Blue thunder" which is got form the library, it was playing fine for a while and then i had to pause it to attend to my kids. Then when i resumed it started giving problems like every few seconds or so it wold stop and then play. Tried all kinds of things from switching off the player and on, changing the out put display from 1080i to 1080p, changing to 60 hz. None of it made any improvements. I have two more blue rays to test, at this point i am totally frustrated, i have the latest updates from LG for the firm ware. please let me know what i am missing.

I resumed the same movie from Netflix it plays fine, and it also connects thru home link to my pc fine and plays anything i want. Just the BD disks it has issues with !!!!!!!!

RGds
post #3184 of 6388 Old 12-09-2010, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I played my 2nd movie yesterday. "Blue thunder" which is got form the library, it was playing fine for a while and then i had to pause it to attend to my kids. Then when i resumed it started giving problems like every few seconds or so it wold stop and then play. Tried all kinds of things from switching off the player and on, changing the out put display from 1080i to 1080p, changing to 60 hz. None of it made any improvements. I have two more blue rays to test, at this point i am totally frustrated, i have the latest updates from LG for the firm ware. please let me know what i am missing.

I resumed the same movie from Netflix it plays fine, and it also connects thru home link to my pc fine and plays anything i want. Just the BD disks it has issues with !!!!!!!!

RGds

It sounds like you may have a dodgy Blu-ray laser in your unit (DVD reading and Blu-ray reading use different lasers). I'd see about exchanging it if you can. The BD570 definitely has a handful of minor issues (jumpy 24p output being one), but otherwise it's turning out to be a fairly decent little player, IMHO.
post #3185 of 6388 Old 12-09-2010, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbenash View Post

I went with the 2TB:

LP ST32000542AS 2TB 5900 RPM, which is the 2TB model w/6GB SATA Intfc

This model is on sale today only at Dell.ca (part of their Days of Deals sale). $99 with free shipping. LINK

Samsung Plasma PN58C6500, LG Blu-Ray BD590, Pioneer Elite Rcvr SC-05, Bell TV 9400, Apple TV 1 Jailbroken XBMC, WDTV Live+, Patriot BoxOffice, Xbox 360, PC, Harmony 550
post #3186 of 6388 Old 12-09-2010, 10:07 AM

http://gizmodo.com/5710109/lg-home-t...web-portal-now

The compatible models include the BD550, BD570 and BD590 Blu-ray players, and the LHB335, LHB535 and LHB975 home theater systems, and only them!!

Not sure of the quality of the content though...
post #3187 of 6388 Old 12-09-2010, 10:20 AM

I have been having problems with VUDU HDX on LG550. I have all sorts of buffering issues, although I have a 15mb connection. Admittedly I have not updated the firmware in about five months, but is this something that can be fixed by a firmware update or .. will upgrading to the 570/590 give me better results.

I have been looking on this thread for a while and can't seem to find the Answer
post #3188 of 6388 Old 12-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

RGds

Coming from the Library, I would guess that the disc is dirty or scratched. It doesn't take much to mess up a Blu Ray.

"It's not a lie if you believe it's the truth" --- George Costanza
post #3189 of 6388 Old 12-09-2010, 11:15 AM

I have a bd550 and bd570. The big TV plays video files directly but has no ethernet locally so I use the bd570 with it. The little TV has an ethernet connection next to it but it does not play video files, I do have a media player connected to the TV.

Is there any chance the bd550 will get the ability to play video files with future firmware? I would like to reduce the clutter and get rid of the video player.
post #3190 of 6388 Old 12-09-2010, 02:24 PM

Hello! I've just jumped into the blu-ray world so I'm a kind of newbie. I wonder what sorts of BD-writers are able to burn what sorts of BD-RE discs with what sorts of burning softwares creating playable discs on the BD570? The below mentioned configuration doesn't work for me (ie. the player doesn't recognize the disc):
LG BD570 (fw: BD.8.31.325.C)
LG BH10LS30 (fw: 1.00-09)
TDK BD-RE 50 1-2x speed (TDKBLD-Wfa-00)
Verbatim BD-RE 25 2x speed (VERBAT-IM0-00)
ImgBurn v2.5.2.0

I guess the LG writer doesn't support burning playable BD-RE discs on BD570, I hope I'm wrong though.
post #3191 of 6388 Old 12-09-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyPoutine View Post

This model is on sale today only at Dell.ca (part of their Days of Deals sale). $99 with free shipping. LINK

Could not find the LG570 at Dell. Could you refresh the link, please? (Perhaps to the exact location of the BD570---the link you provided gives all Deal of Deals but the BD570 was not there, unless I'm missing something)
post #3192 of 6388 Old 12-09-2010, 03:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grill View Post

Hello! I've just jumped into the blu-ray world so I'm a kind of newbie. I wonder what sorts of BD-writers are able to burn what sorts of BD-RE discs with what sorts of burning softwares creating playable discs on the BD570? The below mentioned configuration doesn't work for me (ie. the player doesn't recognize the disc):
LG BD570 (fw: BD.8.31.325.C)
LG BH10LS30 (fw: 1.00-09)
TDK BD-RE 50 1-2x speed (TDKBLD-Wfa-00)
Verbatim BD-RE 25 2x speed (VERBAT-IM0-00)
ImgBurn v2.5.2.0

I guess the LG writer doesn't support burning playable BD-RE discs on BD570, I hope I'm wrong though.

Thank is a big question. I found various threads in the home theater forum here to be of help. Also this site is a good start: http://www.mediasmartserver.net/

Your best bet is to rip to large external harddrives because it is much cheaper and more flexible than trying to burn to expensive and flaky BD discs. Plus you don't need an expensive BD Burner and can get by with a $70 internal BD player.

"It's not a lie if you believe it's the truth" --- George Costanza
post #3193 of 6388 Old 12-09-2010, 03:54 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by meschaefer View Post

I have been having problems with VUDU HDX on LG550. I have all sorts of buffering issues, although I have a 15mb connection. Admittedly I have not updated the firmware in about five months, but is this something that can be fixed by a firmware update or .. will upgrading to the 570/590 give me better results.

I have been looking on this thread for a while and can't seem to find the Answer

BD550 here and VUDU HDX works just fine, starts a full bar stream in seconds, with no buffering. Have a mostly 25Mb connection, your 15Mb should be more than enough if that's what your getting. Do a speed test? http://www.speedtest.net/ Maybe some network issues? I would defiantly update the firmware asap, should give you 1 or 2 more netcast channels, DviX TV and maybe Youtube? Not sure when that came out, as well as BD compatibility updates.
post #3194 of 6388 Old 12-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by meschaefer View Post

Works fine for me, and my router is 50 feet away. You may need to update your firmware.
post #3195 of 6388 Old 12-09-2010, 05:39 PM

I'm not sure how Vudu's content is distributed, but you might try changing your DNS to 4.2.2.1/4.2.2.2, which will automatically use the nearest Level3 DNS servers. Those, in turn, should route you to the nearest Vudu server, assuming they have multiple locations. If they don't, well, that might be the problem right there.
post #3196 of 6388 Old 12-09-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfarkas View Post
Could not find the LG570 at Dell. Could you refresh the link, please? (Perhaps to the exact location of the BD570---the link you provided gives all Deal of Deals but the BD570 was not there, unless I'm missing something)
You misread my post. I posted a link to the Seagate 2TB hard drive that another user said worked well as a replacement hard drive in his LG blu-ray player. See below..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbenash View Post
I went with the 2TB:

LP ST32000542AS 2TB 5900 RPM, which is the 2TB model w/6GB SATA Intfc
Quote:

Samsung Plasma PN58C6500, LG Blu-Ray BD590, Pioneer Elite Rcvr SC-05, Bell TV 9400, Apple TV 1 Jailbroken XBMC, WDTV Live+, Patriot BoxOffice, Xbox 360, PC, Harmony 550
post #3197 of 6388 Old 12-10-2010, 12:46 AM

hi,
i apologize if this question has been asked, i tried to read as much as I could, but i'm a little frustrated, so I'm hoping for some help.

I bought the 550 tonight hoping that I could play videos that I have on my macbook. I got out my seagate 2 TB external hdd and I put movies on it, different formats to see which ones would show up... and the 550 wouldn't read the hdd, I then reformatted the drive, it then recognized the drive but not any of the movies (formats- mkv, mpeg4, avi.. etc)

anyone have any recommendations?

thank you in advance!
post #3198 of 6388 Old 12-10-2010, 01:45 AM

after last "update" , which my bd 570 offered to me , and I accepted(few days ago) , player wont read most of the mkvs !
what the hell happened?

LG people , if you are reading this , please fix it , at least give us options to install updates that arent last ones .
I am from Croatia , dont know if this update was ment only for this part of Europe or not, but it sucks.

If there is options to reverse to older drivers , please tell how (I know how, via usb drive , but can I get older drivers for europe version ).
post #3199 of 6388 Old 12-10-2010, 02:26 AM

Hello there,

Hopefully someone can help. I tried to upgrade the firmware on the BD570 yesterday. However after downloading the update and after trying to upgrade the player I got the message "update failure". After an automatic reboot of the device it's not possible to enter the menu of the player anymore. I've send an e-mail to LG who suggested to send the unit back for repair. Is there any other way to get the unit back to work e.g. forcing it to go back to factory defaults or forcing it to upgrade again from USB stick.
The DVD player is also not reacting anymore to the remote control.

Luckily there is still warranty but good ideas are highly appreciated.
Best regars from the Netherlands.
Rob
post #3200 of 6388 Old 12-10-2010, 02:57 AM

Sorry for not checking the forum first, this issue was reported already. However good ideas on how to resolve this are still appreciated.

Best regards,
Robert
post #3201 of 6388 Old 12-10-2010, 04:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogsyay View Post
hi,
i apologize if this question has been asked, i tried to read as much as I could, but i'm a little frustrated, so I'm hoping for some help.

I bought the 550 tonight hoping that I could play videos that I have on my macbook. I got out my seagate 2 TB external hdd and I put movies on it, different formats to see which ones would show up... and the 550 wouldn't read the hdd, I then reformatted the drive, it then recognized the drive but not any of the movies (formats- mkv, mpeg4, avi.. etc)

anyone have any recommendations?

thank you in advance!
The drive would need to be formated as either NTFS (which the macbook won't write) or FAT32 (which in theory would work but the FAT for a 2TB will be HUGE - just mounting the drive could take a minute or more - and there's no guarantee the 550 could deal with a FAT that large.)

Assuming you've crossed that barrier (e.g.: created a smaller FAT32 partition), read the many posts above that say that the 550 doesn't play videos from a usb hard drive (and, confusingly, some that say it does!)

The 570 surely does, though formats such as mkv, divx, and avi would appear from the posts here to be pretty iffy. I use plain-ol-mpeg (1 and 2) and... LG (Life is Good). Try a simple .mpg on your 550, see what happens, and let us know.
post #3202 of 6388 Old 12-10-2010, 05:53 AM

Quote:

It's still at NewEgg for $89 free shipping. I paid $99, next day it went cheaper and they credited me $10 right away after I sent an email. Straight up company IMHO.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ate%202tb%20lp
post #3203 of 6388 Old 12-10-2010, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
After one week with my LG BD570 I'm overall happy with it, Netcast works great but there are a few cons:
1. The DLNA format support is weak.
2. The update process is lengthy and the website doesn't help much, the documentation links don't work and it shows two BIN files. I finally was able to update via wireless(after cycling the power several times).
3. No way to dim the front panel and turn off HDMI-CEC.
post #3204 of 6388 Old 12-10-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviegeek View Post

1. The DLNA format support is weak.

This is rather a matter of the sever DLNA software. The player just receives the stream that is offered from the DLNA program.

Best regards, maris
post #3205 of 6388 Old 12-10-2010, 08:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maris View Post

This is rather a matter of the sever DLNA software. The player just receives the stream that is offered from the DLNA program.

Best regards, maris

Yeah. I have no problems streaming my DLNA stuff. 14GB MKV files stream just fine, 50 feet away from my wireless router, too. There was only a couple of files that I had trouble playing, but once I re-encoded them (or re-muxed them), I was good to go.
post #3206 of 6388 Old 12-10-2010, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

One more con:
4. If you initialize the firmware update you lose all your Netcast passwords, major PITA.
post #3207 of 6388 Old 12-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

One more con:
4. If you initialize the firmware update you lose all your Netcast passwords, major PITA.

Haha, well, that should be expected. It's not really a con. I mean, initializing = factory reset. Of course, everything is going to be reset. I wouldn't have it any other way. That's pretty much the point of using "Initialize."
post #3208 of 6388 Old 12-10-2010, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

They could put a Default Settings and Turn Off HDMI-CEC setting in Setup, other manufacturers do it. My Toshiba and Panasonic players have both settings, Toshiba calls it Regza-link and Panasonic calls it Viera-link.
post #3209 of 6388 Old 12-10-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kielfje View Post

Hello there,

Hopefully someone can help. I tried to upgrade the firmware on the BD570 yesterday. However after downloading the update and after trying to upgrade the player I got the message "update failure". After an automatic reboot of the device it's not possible to enter the menu of the player anymore. I've send an e-mail to LG who suggested to send the unit back for repair. Is there any other way to get the unit back to work e.g. forcing it to go back to factory defaults or forcing it to upgrade again from USB stick.
The DVD player is also not reacting anymore to the remote control.

Luckily there is still warranty but good ideas are highly appreciated.
Best regars from the Netherlands.
Rob

I think the player is bricked. Since there is no working software or Operating System anymore on the player (it has been corrupted by the failed update) it cannot read a USB stick or perform a second update. As far as I know, after a reboot the contents of the internal RAM are erased so you can't go back to a previous state. There is no dedicated internal memory available for an automated update process or backup purpose as some PC motherboards offer, sadly.

I am afraid you have to send it back..
post #3210 of 6388 Old 12-10-2010, 08:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

They could put a Default Settings and Turn Off HDMI-CEC setting in Setup, other manufacturers do it. My Toshiba and Panasonic players have both settings.

I'm not arguing about that. I'll just assume you meant that the con was that there was no default setting, and not that a factory reset actually does a full factory reset. I totally agree about the HDMI-CEC. I imagine it can be a pain for those without LG TVs.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Lg Bd550 Network Blu Ray Player , Blu Ray Players , Lg Bd570 Network Blu Ray Disc Player , Lg Bd590 250gb Hd Network Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - Bd570 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page