Official LG BD550/BD560/BD570/BD590 Owners Thread - Page 213 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-31-2013, 12:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi everyone, new member here. I have owned the BD550 for around three years now, but have recently decided to get a firmware update. However, as I currently do not have access to a LAN or Ethernet cabe, I decided to use a USB and download the update onto them.

I downloaded LG_BD_5100B30.ROM.zip and put it on a blank USB. However, upon plugging the usb into the BD550, it simply keeps loading the USB and nothing actually happens. Any solutions or suggestions for this? Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2013, 06:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by deviantspirit View Post

Hi everyone, new member here. I have owned the BD550 for around three years now, but have recently decided to get a firmware update. However, as I currently do not have access to a LAN or Ethernet cabe, I decided to use a USB and download the update onto them.

I downloaded LG_BD_5100B30.ROM.zip and put it on a blank USB. However, upon plugging the usb into the BD550, it simply keeps loading the USB and nothing actually happens. Any solutions or suggestions for this? Thank you!

You need to decompress the downloaded zip file on your computer and put the extracted file(s) on the flash drive before connecting to your player.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:14 PM

My HDD went from working, to random, to inaccessible? any ideas because the player hasn't moved and has been in the same place since i first got it so, it's not like it's been knocked around or anything.

Old 12-03-2013, 12:36 PM

Hi everyone,i'm an owner of bd560.
I have only one real question (in passing).
Since lgcom.rs does not want to answer a question,so the question I ask here might have an answer.
Are LG believes that there are visually impaired who do not see their small letters even in 42" tv?

Especially when playing "AVI" movies with .ssa, .srt, .sub and other formats.
1. Do you think LG ever increase, adds shadows or transparent background in any one of the following firmwares for BD550,560,570?
I hope in this way to reach out to LG of course not my regional LG support.
Thanks.

Only good things are called devices !
Old 12-04-2013, 07:08 PM

I have been out of the loop a while. I have the BD570 and I think I passed on the last update offered via WiFi. Is there a way to get access to Netflix on this unit in Canada? Or just a no go. Setting up a whole new HT media room and am considering using this player w another tv in house but can it get Netflix or be modded w a firmware flash to get Netflix?

just checked and firmware is the latest....
Old 12-20-2013, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 70
I have a LG BD590. It just started shutting itself down when I try to access Homelink for my DLNA. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Old 12-20-2013, 05:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bori View Post

I have a LG BD590. It just started shutting itself down when I try to access Homelink for my DLNA. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Have you tried cold booting the player (power off, unplug for a minute or so , then restart)?

If that doesn't help, you might troubleshoot on the DLNA side by reducing the available files (for example try setting the server to only share a single file that you have successfully played in the past). If that has an impact, it could be that the player is choking on something that is being shared, perhaps files added since the last time it worked for you.

Overall, my experience has been that LG's DLNA implementation in these players is buggy and unreliable. My DLNA life has been much more fulfilling after switching to Sony players, which I have found to be much more dependable and trouble free.
bori likes this.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:40 AM
AVS Special Member

The clearing the running servers on my PC fixed my issue. Thanks for your help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampidemic View Post

Have you tried cold booting the player (power off, unplug for a minute or so , then restart)?

If that doesn't help, you might troubleshoot on the DLNA side by reducing the available files (for example try setting the server to only share a single file that you have successfully played in the past). If that has an impact, it could be that the player is choking on something that is being shared, perhaps files added since the last time it worked for you.

Overall, my experience has been that LG's DLNA implementation in these players is buggy and unreliable. My DLNA life has been much more fulfilling after switching to Sony players, which I have found to be much more dependable and trouble free.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Old 12-26-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bori View Post

I'm having the same issue that you were having. What exactly do you mean by clearing servers? I'm running plex and serviio on my pc. please help. thank you.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson12 View Post

I'm having the same issue that you were having. What exactly do you mean by clearing servers? I'm running plex and serviio on my pc. please help. thank you.

Go to your PC and clear all the servers running then try to go to homelink on your lgbd590. Then see if it works.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:05 PM

worked great! thanks so much! you're a life saver.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:30 AM

Hi everyone,i'm an owner of BD550
I have selected 24Hz on 1080p Display Mode option but when playing 1080p MKV movies via either dvd disk or usb they are playing at 50hz (my TV Panasonic TX-P42G20E is compatible with 1080p/24 Hz)

1)Why the input signal on TV is at 50 Hz ?
2)Is much better at 24Hz instead of 50Hz ?
Thanks
Old 01-29-2014, 07:38 PM

Hi Folks,

I've been reading this forum for awhile... first time I need any serious help with my BD590.

I connected a USB drive to the unit and the screen immediately when black and the system hung. Not the first time the unit has hung, I ended up holding down the power button for 8 or 10 seconds to cycle the power off.

Now whenever I choose any function that involves the hard drive (Movies > HDD, or Copy from USB to HDD) the unit hangs. Blank (grey) screen when trying to go to the HDD for a movie, and a hang at the Copy screen after selecting a file and clicking 'Start'.

If anyone has any advice/suggestions as to a course of action it would be greatly appreciated (especially if the course of action doesn't involve me losing my ~750Gb of data). Funny enough, the USB drive I was plugging into the device was to do a long-overdue backup.

Thanks

This gets more interesting... I can access content on the drive via either the 'Pictures' or 'Music' options... only hanging when I choose the 'Movie' > HDD option...

Old 01-30-2014, 12:02 PM

Hi All,

Im trying to connect my LG Blu-Ray player, BD570 to my amplifier using an HDMI cable (worked fine till last week), but no picture will show. I see the "LG" splash screen but the screen goes blank after that. I plugged the player directly to the tv(Sharp and it is working, but not thru the amplifier . I've changed to different inputs on the amplifier I've also changed inputs still does not show picture. when I plug the HDMI directly to my TV from the BD570 I do see the picture fine.

P.S. I have also tried different HDMI cables in different inputs.

Thanks in Advance!!!
Old 01-30-2014, 07:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaniv View Post

Hi All,

Im trying to connect my LG Blu-Ray player, BD570 to my amplifier using an HDMI cable (worked fine till last week), but no picture will show. I see the "LG" splash screen but the screen goes blank after that. I plugged the player directly to the tv(Sharp and it is working, but not thru the amplifier . I've changed to different inputs on the amplifier I've also changed inputs still does not show picture. when I plug the HDMI directly to my TV from the BD570 I do see the picture fine.

P.S. I have also tried different HDMI cables in different inputs.

Thanks in Advance!!!

Did you try swapping out cables in both sides if the receiver? If not a cabling issue, maybe a setting got changed somewhere?

I would make sure HDMI- CEC is off on your receiver and try setting the player to lesser video settings (480 p, 60Hz maybe ). Make the changes initially with player directly connected to the set. If that helps you may be able to further isolate the issue via setting changes.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:29 AM

Dear Vampidemic,

I trie to do all you suggested, and still the same I see the LG logo on the screen and then is goes black. How o I reset the Player/ I know that you can so a factory Set I ave trie I am talking a main reset to the player

thank you on advance for all your help!
Old 01-31-2014, 06:29 PM
Advanced Member

Have you checked the manual for factory reset procedure? I think it is covered. You can download the manual online.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:03 PM

For some reason after some win7 updates i can not log on to CIFS. It used to see my drive and now even after a sign in in does not see it? Getting real pissed off at this?

Yamaha HTR-8063
B&W DM-604
B&W CC6
B&W L1
Fluance AVBP2 Bipolar Surround Sound Satellite Speakers
Polk Audio PSW125 Sub
Klipsch AW-400 out door
Old 02-01-2014, 06:29 AM

i have restored my computer and it works again. And shut off updates as i do not know which update caused this. I should'nt have to do this.

Yamaha HTR-8063
B&W DM-604
B&W CC6
B&W L1
Polk Audio PSW125 Sub
Klipsch AW-400 out door
Old 02-05-2014, 01:36 AM

Dear Vampidemic,

Yes I have !!

I did factory reset to the unit.....I am a bit clueless

Yaniv
Old 02-21-2014, 01:00 PM

Found a fix that works!!!

1. Open the Run command and type "secpol.msc".
Optional: (2. Press "continue" when prompted by UAC.)
3. Click on "Local Policies" --> "Security Options"
4. Navigate to the policy "Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level" and open it.
By default Windows Vista sets the policy to "NTVLM2 responses only". Windows 7 was set as "undefined" in my experience.
5. Change this to "LM and NTLM – use NTLMV2 session security if negotiated".
6. Click OK.

Yamaha HTR-8063
B&W DM-604
B&W CC6
B&W L1
Polk Audio PSW125 Sub
Klipsch AW-400 out door
Old 02-21-2014, 01:52 PM

thanks
Old 03-13-2014, 02:39 PM

Hi all/anyone:

I have LG BD570 and Windows 7. I can browse to all of my MP3 directories on my computer, and see all of the files, but when I try to play them the player "looks" like it tries to play them but after 2-3 seconds it moves on to "play" the next MP3. It does this for all the files in the current folder. This used to work = I was once able to play MP3's, but now it no longer works frown.gif

I've scoured the Internet and these forums looking for an answer.

I've made several configuration changes to my Network, and I've removed the ID3 tags from the MP3 files. I've made sure the files are shared properly.

Bottom line: My player can see everything on the network but when I select something to play, it won't.

Has anyone had this same issue? Does anyone know of a fix or a workaround?

Thanks
Old 04-21-2014, 09:49 PM

I have a BD570 (US model) for which I have lost the remote (international moves suck). Ideally I'd like to control it from my Android phone (Galaxy S4). I can find various IR apps for this, but none seem to support the BD570, specifically, the "return" and color buttons don't work. The missing "return" function is particularly annoying, since it's needed almost everywhere in the menus!

Can anyone point me to an app that actually works to do this?

Thanks,

Tony.

Old 04-21-2014, 10:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geggle View Post

I have a BD570 (US model) for which I have lost the remote (international moves suck). Ideally I'd like to control it from my Android phone (Galaxy S4). I can find various IR apps for this, but none seem to support the BD570, specifically, the "return" and color buttons don't work. The missing "return" function is particularly annoying, since it's needed almost everywhere in the menus!

Can anyone point me to an app that actually works to do this?

Thanks,

Tony.
Did you try the LG app ?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lge.hms.remote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:

Did you try the LG app ?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lge.hms.remote

This app isn't for the BD570 - it is for the newer (!) models which allow remote control via WiFi. The BD570 doesn't have this feature.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geggle View Post

Quote:

This app isn't for the BD570 - it is for the newer (!) models which allow remote control via WiFi. The BD570 doesn't have this feature.

Did you try it? I don't have an Android device, but I know that I used the iOS version of this app to control my BD570. In the case of the iOS app, they released the app prior to the 2011 model year, then updated the app once the new models came out. Though the description suggested that a 2011 model player is required, I was still able to use the updated version of the app with my 2010 model BD570 at the time.
KJSteward likes this.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:03 AM

Yes, this Android LG Remote app works for BD570. Connect the BD570 to the same network as your Android device and the app sees it.

Tags
Lg Bd550 Network Blu Ray Player , Blu Ray Players , Lg Bd570 Network Blu Ray Disc Player , Lg Bd590 250gb Hd Network Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread