UPDATE ON NETFLIX PROBLEMS:
I spent an hour on the phone with Sony today, and made it up to level 3 tech support where I finally got a response on the BDP-S570 & Netflix problem with choppy video. After not being able to resolve my issues, the level 3 tech support guy (Ulysses, if that's not just a phone alias) spoke with his engineering contact and was only then told that Sony is aware of the issue with "frames dropping" and are looking into it. I tried pressing for an answer as to whether or not it will be fixed in a future firmware update, and all I could get the tech support guy to commit to was "we're looking into it" and I should periodically check to make sure my firmware is up to date.
A quick summary of what was determined throughout the length of the call:
1. These problems are NOT network related (in fact, the Sony rep said I had a great connection getting over 15mbps down when last using Netflix)
2. This appears to be a software problem with the players themselves
3. Frames are getting dropped during Netflix playback, particularly on panning/motion sequences
4. Other video content is not effected
5. Sony is looking into it and may or may not address it in a future firmware update
My hope is that this does get resolved in a future update. Other than that, if you're considering purchasing this unit for Netflix, I'd pass until you hear that this has been resolved.
It literally took over an hour to get this information [it seems like the people outside of "engineering," particularly the phone reps, are completely unaware of this "known issue"], but if you're inclined to complain (to add your voice to the chorus chanting "fix it"), here is Sony's tech support number: (800) 222-7669 in the U.S. or (239) 768-7669 Intl.