Official Sony BDP-S570 Owners Thread - Page 133 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #3961 of 3974 Old Yesterday, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
The S570 has a better screen saver with Pandora and the front panel LED can be turned off. The S6200 has much more capability in the audio CODEC area though. The S6200 is smaller but cheaper with that funky top. I solved the problem by keeping both. I do wish I had tried the S790 though.

I had the S570 before Joe and I never should have got rid of it. I like the feel of the 570's build quality over the 6200 and honestly I dont like the 6200's design all that much. Dont get me wrong the 6200 is a damn good player but in the end I preferred the 570 so that is why I might go back to it this Friday. I have a decision to make. I dont need 2 Blu ray players, one is sufficient enough! 6200 or S570.....its going to be tough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3962 of 3974 Old Yesterday, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Official Sony BDP-S570 Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
The S6200 has much more capability in the audio CODEC area though..

Huh? It doesn't even decode TrueHD to multi-channel PCM output.

- AVStefan
If you like someone's post, just use the Like button to give thanks.

Last edited by AVfile; Yesterday at 07:20 PM.
post #3963 of 3974 Old Yesterday, 07:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVfile View Post
Huh? It doesn't even decode TrueHD to multi-channel PCM output.
I cant remember but does the S570?
post #3964 of 3974 Old Yesterday, 07:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post
I cant remember but does the S570?

Yes - they started cheaping out in 2013.
steve1971 likes this.

- AVStefan
If you like someone's post, just use the Like button to give thanks.
post #3965 of 3974 Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 775 Post(s)
Liked: 490
I started to get all nostalgic about my old 570 too, then I remembered the Netflix and Amazon apps on it SUUUUCK. So I'll take a newer, faster, cheaper unit any day with decent streaming apps. And like most modern AVR's, mine decodes all HD audio just fine, so I'm happy not to have to pay those license costs twice to get PCM I'll never use. Smart move by Sony, IMO.

BTW, you may want to give the 2015 models a look since they went back to the flat top design. Not bad looking little units this year, plus they have PlayStation integration of some sort. I'm not a gamer, so I didn't pay much attention to that part.

Last edited by mdavej; Yesterday at 08:03 PM.
post #3966 of 3974 Old Yesterday, 08:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
I started to get all nostalgic about my old 570 too, then I remembered the Netflix and Amazon apps on it SUUUUCK. So I'll take a newer, faster, cheaper unit any day with decent streaming apps. And like most modern AVR's, mine decodes all HD audio just fine, so I'm happy not to have to pay those license costs twice to get PCM I'll never use. Smart move by Sony, IMO.

BTW, you may want to give the 2015 models a look since they went back to the flat top design. Not bad looking little units this year, plus they have PlayStation integration of some sort. I'm not a gamer, so I didn't pay much attention to that part.

That's funny. I dont remember having any issues with Netflix or Amazon streaming when I owned the 570, in fact I thought streaming from those 2 sites were very good. Second I have no interest in Sony's 2015 Blu ray players because they look small and cheaply built plus Playstation integration does nothing for me at all.
post #3967 of 3974 Old Yesterday, 08:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 775 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
That's funny. I dont remember having any issues with Netflix or Amazon streaming when I owned the 570, in fact I thought streaming from those 2 sites were very good. Second I have no interest in Sony's 2015 Blu ray players because they look small and cheaply built plus Playstation integration does nothing for me at all.
Blind, barely controllable ffwd/rewind, tiny unreadable thumbnails, no Super HD, no profiles, no 1080 at all for Amazon, I could go on and on. I don't miss those apps at all. The x90 series was a huge improvement in that department, and the x100 and x200 are better still.

I agree about the cheap build, but at the end of the day you don't need a box built like a tank to spin a disc and stream from the internet. It just looks better.
JoeKustra, steve1971 and david0406 like this.
post #3968 of 3974 Old Today, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Blind, barely controllable ffwd/rewind, tiny unreadable thumbnails, no Super HD, no profiles, no 1080 at all for Amazon, I could go on and on. I don't miss those apps at all. The x90 series was a huge improvement in that department, and the x100 and x200 are better still.

I agree about the cheap build, but at the end of the day you don't need a box built like a tank to spin a disc and stream from the internet. It just looks better.

Well I look at it this way. I dont stream alot of movies anymore so that's really no big deal. I dont care for the cheap plastic look of the new players that Sony started rolling out in 2013 and the design really never rubbed off on me. So that's partly what made me regret getting rid of my first S570 and that's what is more then likely going to make me go back to it tomorrow. I will make up my mind then.
post #3969 of 3974 Unread Today, 07:40 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Well I look at it this way. I dont stream alot of movies anymore so that's really no big deal. I dont care for the cheap plastic look of the new players that Sony started rolling out in 2013 and the design really never rubbed off on me. So that's partly what made me regret getting rid of my first S570 and that's what is more then likely going to make me go back to it tomorrow. I will make up my mind then.
I still have my old S770 which I believe it's the same generation as the S570. I rarely do streaming, and when I do, i use my Sony TV for that which I think is more than capable for my needs. My Sony S770 is still my favorite Sony player. I even like it more than the S790 I had. It's a real nice looking unit, good build quality, internal memory, and awesome PQ/AQ plus it decodes all the HD formats internally and none of that non-sense of 2CH decoding the newer Sony players have.

Steve, if you don't mind me asking, are you getting another S570 unit or do you still have your old unit?
steve1971 likes this.
post #3970 of 3974 Unread Today, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Streaming is a function of your network interface. To compare your Sony devices, use the Opera network test app. It's on everything. The exact numbers are silly, but they do make for a good comparison between your equipment. I don't stream much and don't have any subscriptions now. That may change.
post #3971 of 3974 Unread Today, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortiz View Post
I still have my old S770 which I believe it's the same generation as the S570. I rarely do streaming, and when I do, i use my Sony TV for that which I think is more than capable for my needs. My Sony S770 is still my favorite Sony player. I even like it more than the S790 I had. It's a real nice looking unit, good build quality, internal memory, and awesome PQ/AQ plus it decodes all the HD formats internally and none of that non-sense of 2CH decoding the newer Sony players have.

Steve, if you don't mind me asking, are you getting another S570 unit or do you still have your old unit?
First no I dont have my old S570 anymore and second I may be getting another S570 tomorrow to replace my current S6200. Dont get me wrong I think the 6200 is a great Blu ray player and it does alot well but it also has trouble connecting to wifi among other things and the 6200 is prone to scratches on its caseing due to its build quality which is pretty much plastic. It doesnt have the same quality feel of the S570. Yes with the 570 you lose some things due to its an older model but its what you gain in performance that matters to me. I should never have gotton rid of my old S570 in the first place but I got bit by the "I need the next best thing" bug when what I had did more then just fine.
Cortiz likes this.
post #3972 of 3974 Unread Today, 08:41 AM

Quote:
First no I dont have my old S570 anymore and second I may be getting another S570 tomorrow to replace my current S6200. Dont get me wrong I think the 6200 is a great Blu ray player and it does alot well but it also has trouble connecting to wifi among other things and the 6200 is prone to scratches on its caseing due to its build quality which is pretty much plastic. It doesnt have the same quality feel of the S570. Yes with the 570 you lose some things due to its an older model but its what you gain in performance that matters to me. I should never have gotton rid of my old S570 in the first place but I got bit by the "I need the next best thing" bug when what I had did more then just fine.
Where are you getting the S570 from? I might seek one for my bedroom if I can find one cheap.
steve1971 likes this.
post #3973 of 3974 Unread Today, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortiz View Post
Where are you getting the S570 from? I might seek one for my bedroom if I can find one cheap.

I might be getting one from my local BB. Its an open box unit and its all checked out covered by warranty. They are holding it for me until tomorrow night so I can make up my mind if I want it or not.
post #3974 of 3974 Unread Today, 08:47 AM

Quote:
I might be getting one from my local BB. Its an open box unit and its all checked out covered by warranty. They are holding it for me until tomorrow night so I can make up my mind if I want it or not.
Cool. If I were you, I would definatley get that S570. Sony 70's series were probaly their best players aside from the short lived ES series.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Sony Bdp S570 3d Blu Ray Disc Player , Blu Ray Players , Sony Bdp S370 Blu Ray Disc Player , Sony Bdp N460 Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - S570 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page