Official Sony BDP-S570 Owners Thread - Page 133 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #3961 of 3967 Old Today, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
The S570 has a better screen saver with Pandora and the front panel LED can be turned off. The S6200 has much more capability in the audio CODEC area though. The S6200 is smaller but cheaper with that funky top. I solved the problem by keeping both. I do wish I had tried the S790 though.

I had the S570 before Joe and I never should have got rid of it. I like the feel of the 570's build quality over the 6200 and honestly I dont like the 6200's design all that much. Dont get me wrong the 6200 is a damn good player but in the end I preferred the 570 so that is why I might go back to it this Friday. I have a decision to make. I dont need 2 Blu ray players, one is sufficient enough! 6200 or S570.....its going to be tough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3962 of 3967 Old Today, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Official Sony BDP-S570 Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
The S6200 has much more capability in the audio CODEC area though..

Huh? It doesn't even decode TrueHD to multi-channel PCM output.

- AVStefan
If you like someone's post, just use the Like button to give thanks.

Last edited by AVfile; Today at 07:20 PM.
post #3963 of 3967 Old Today, 07:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVfile View Post
Huh? It doesn't even decode TrueHD to multi-channel PCM output.
I cant remember but does the S570?
post #3964 of 3967 Unread Today, 07:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post
I cant remember but does the S570?

Yes - they started cheaping out in 2013.
steve1971 likes this.

- AVStefan
If you like someone's post, just use the Like button to give thanks.
post #3965 of 3967 Unread Today, 07:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 774 Post(s)
Liked: 487
I started to get all nostalgic about my old 570 too, then I remembered the Netflix and Amazon apps on it SUUUUCK. So I'll take a newer, faster, cheaper unit any day with decent streaming apps. And like most modern AVR's, mine decodes all HD audio just fine, so I'm happy not to have to pay those license costs twice to get PCM I'll never use. Smart move by Sony, IMO.

BTW, you may want to give the 2015 models a look since they went back to the flat top design. Not bad looking little units this year, plus they have PlayStation integration of some sort. I'm not a gamer, so I didn't pay much attention to that part.

Last edited by mdavej; Today at 08:03 PM.
post #3966 of 3967 Unread Today, 08:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
I started to get all nostalgic about my old 570 too, then I remembered the Netflix and Amazon apps on it SUUUUCK. So I'll take a newer, faster, cheaper unit any day with decent streaming apps. And like most modern AVR's, mine decodes all HD audio just fine, so I'm happy not to have to pay those license costs twice to get PCM I'll never use. Smart move by Sony, IMO.

BTW, you may want to give the 2015 models a look since they went back to the flat top design. Not bad looking little units this year, plus they have PlayStation integration of some sort. I'm not a gamer, so I didn't pay much attention to that part.

That's funny. I dont remember having any issues with Netflix or Amazon streaming when I owned the 570, in fact I thought streaming from those 2 sites were very good. Second I have no interest in Sony's 2015 Blu ray players because they look small and cheaply built plus Playstation integration does nothing for me at all.
post #3967 of 3967 Unread Today, 08:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 774 Post(s)
Liked: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post
That's funny. I dont remember having any issues with Netflix or Amazon streaming when I owned the 570, in fact I thought streaming from those 2 sites were very good. Second I have no interest in Sony's 2015 Blu ray players because they look small and cheaply built plus Playstation integration does nothing for me at all.
Blind, barely controllable ffwd/rewind, tiny unreadable thumbnails, no Super HD, no profiles, no 1080 at all for Amazon, I could go on and on. I don't miss those apps at all. The x90 series was a huge improvement in that department, and the x100 and x200 are better still.

I agree about the cheap build, but at the end of the day you don't need a box built like a tank to spin a disc and stream from the internet. It just looks better.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Sony Bdp S570 3d Blu Ray Disc Player , Blu Ray Players , Sony Bdp S370 Blu Ray Disc Player , Sony Bdp N460 Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - S570 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page