Official Sony BDP-S570 Owners Thread - Page 2 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews > Blu-ray & HD DVD > Blu-ray Players > Official Sony BDP-S570 Owners Thread

Blu-ray Players

Anamorpheus's Avatar Anamorpheus
12:14 PM Liked: 10
post #31 of 4009
03-05-2010 | Posts: 237
Joined: Aug 2002
I just picked up this player at BB today (last one on the shelf). So far, I have found only one minor annoyance: the player makes a constant high-pitched whining noise when a disk is in, even if the movie is not playing. There is no noise if the player is empty. Has anyone else noticed this? All functionality works great, though!
dzirkelb's Avatar dzirkelb
12:52 PM Liked: 10
post #32 of 4009
03-05-2010 | Posts: 498
Joined: Aug 2009
I have not noticed this on my player. I can't remember if I have the quick boot enabled or not though.
cohenfive's Avatar cohenfive
06:06 PM Liked: 10
post #33 of 4009
03-05-2010 | Posts: 166
Joined: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcoholic247 View Post

debating if i should get the sony bdp-s570 or the lg bd570.

So far the only difference I can think of is that Sony does not support DLNA but supports 3d via a firmware upgrade and vice versa for LG.

the sony will support dlna via a firmware upgrade coming in july, or at least that's what their website says. original specs had dlna support out of the box but i guess they didn't get it done in time for launch.
bigpapy's Avatar bigpapy
10:07 PM Liked: 10
post #34 of 4009
03-06-2010 | Posts: 78
Joined: Nov 2007
Hi
any one know the audio settings for streaming I want my receiver to decode and not the player I been looking and I can't find that option,I let the player do the decoding but I notice audio lip syng problems
Thanks.
slimoli's Avatar slimoli
10:14 PM Liked: 43
post #35 of 4009
03-06-2010 | Posts: 4,746
Joined: Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpapy View Post

Hi
any one know the audio settings for streaming I want my receiver to decode and not the player I been looking and I can't find that option,I let the player do the decoding but I notice audio lip syng problems
Thanks.

Under AUDIO SETTINGS, turn BD AUDIO MIX to "OFF" and leave AUDIO (HDMI) to "AUTO".
bigpapy's Avatar bigpapy
12:06 AM Liked: 10
post #36 of 4009
03-07-2010 | Posts: 78
Joined: Nov 2007
Got it

Thanks
erg0010's Avatar erg0010
01:10 AM Liked: 10
post #37 of 4009
03-07-2010 | Posts: 70
Joined: Dec 2004
Picked up the last 570 at my Best Buy. Very impressed so far. Have seen comments on the SD upconversion not being that good, but it looks great to me. Also have an LG BD390, a fat PS3, three LG Bh200s, A cheapo Pioneer from Walmart, and a couple of HDA3s. None of those players have anything on the 570.

One question.....I have the 570 hard-wired on the network. Other devices on the network see a "sony dvd player". The 570 goes on the internet fine for Netflix, Amazon, etc. But, I thought I understood that I could play video files from my home network. The 570 sees nothing on my home network. There are at least three computers and a NAS all with video files. What am I missing?

Gene
pyedog's Avatar pyedog
08:27 AM Liked: 10
post #38 of 4009
03-07-2010 | Posts: 220
Joined: Nov 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by erg0010 View Post

One question.....I have the 570 hard-wired on the network. Other devices on the network see a "sony dvd player". The 570 goes on the internet fine for Netflix, Amazon, etc. But, I thought I understood that I could play video files from my home network. The 570 sees nothing on my home network. There are at least three computers and a NAS all with video files.

This is supposed to be fixed in a firmware update in July. Until then, no DLNA support ...
slimoli's Avatar slimoli
10:05 AM Liked: 43
post #39 of 4009
03-07-2010 | Posts: 4,746
Joined: Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyedog View Post

This is supposed to be fixed in a firmware update in July. Until then, no DLNA support ...

That was my understanding until I saw this post:

http://winstonsreviews.com/
Gooseboy's Avatar Gooseboy
03:04 PM Liked: 10
post #40 of 4009
03-07-2010 | Posts: 95
Joined: Dec 2002
When will Pandora be available?
hAPPY1977's Avatar hAPPY1977
10:24 PM Liked: 10
post #41 of 4009
03-07-2010 | Posts: 233
Joined: Jul 2007
Has anyone compare the start up, loading time of BDP-S570 to fat PS3?
blindbartimaeus's Avatar blindbartimaeus
06:12 AM Liked: 10
post #42 of 4009
03-08-2010 | Posts: 366
Joined: May 2006
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbV8vf7nuMA

Load times as requested
cohenfive's Avatar cohenfive
09:18 AM Liked: 10
post #43 of 4009
03-08-2010 | Posts: 166
Joined: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimoli View Post

That was my understanding until I saw this post:

http://winstonsreviews.com/

according to the sony site the 570 will have dlna in july. i'm not sure about the 470...right now of the new players (sony, panny, lg) only lg has dlna....to me the sony is interesting as you will have a 3d option via firmware as well, but dlna has to wait until the summer.
slimoli's Avatar slimoli
09:37 AM Liked: 43
post #44 of 4009
03-08-2010 | Posts: 4,746
Joined: Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohenfive View Post

according to the sony site the 570 will have dlna in july. i'm not sure about the 470...right now of the new players (sony, panny, lg) only lg has dlna....to me the sony is interesting as you will have a 3d option via firmware as well, but dlna has to wait until the summer.

According to the website all new players will have DLNA in July but when I bought the 570 there was nothing about firmware upgrade. The footnote was updated after I bought it ,assuming DLNA was ready. Now we have a msg from Sony about no DLNA at all. Bad service, bad marketing,bad company.
atye's Avatar atye
10:26 AM Liked: 10
post #45 of 4009
03-08-2010 | Posts: 385
Joined: Dec 2004
Anyone have a hunch if this player might get the VUDU app in a future update?
Mr. M's Avatar Mr. M
11:24 AM Liked: 10
post #46 of 4009
03-08-2010 | Posts: 57
Joined: Jun 2005
After a solid weekend of testing out the player I have to say that I am very impressed. It has played everything I have thrown at it with no issue, loads all of my BluRay Discs extremely fast, offers a great looking BD picture and "fair enough" SD picture and the wireless works great.

I had intended on hardwiring a connection to the player as I had such nightmares with Wifi dropouts and signal problems from the Samsung and LG players I had tried but so far the wireless connection has been so good I think I am going to avoid the hassle.

I couldn't be more pleased with this unit. (Well they could add VUDU) but other than that...
blindbartimaeus's Avatar blindbartimaeus
02:28 PM Liked: 10
post #47 of 4009
03-08-2010 | Posts: 366
Joined: May 2006
Has anyone gotten a PREORDER from say amazon or J&R?
mmarki's Avatar mmarki
04:53 PM Liked: 26
post #48 of 4009
03-08-2010 | Posts: 481
Joined: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindbartimaeus View Post

Has anyone gotten a PREORDER from say amazon or J&R?

I preordered it about a week and a half ago and I am still waiting. I think I might cancel the order try to pick it up at best buy if I don' thear anything soon.
Gooseboy's Avatar Gooseboy
07:08 PM Liked: 10
post #49 of 4009
03-08-2010 | Posts: 95
Joined: Dec 2002
This player isn't showing my Xvid files. It says in the manual that it can play DivX files and I assumed that means Xvid as well. What's the deal?
slimoli's Avatar slimoli
07:21 PM Liked: 43
post #50 of 4009
03-08-2010 | Posts: 4,746
Joined: Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooseboy View Post

This player isn't showing my Xvid files. It says in the manual that it can play DivX files and I assumed that means Xvid as well. What's the deal?

Only the models sold in Canada can play Divx, it's clear on the manual.I'm assuming you have the US model.
Gooseboy's Avatar Gooseboy
08:31 PM Liked: 10
post #51 of 4009
03-08-2010 | Posts: 95
Joined: Dec 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimoli View Post

Only the models sold in Canada can play Divx, it's clear on the manual.I'm assuming you have the US model.

Really?? Then I'll be sure to return this piece of crap.
hAPPY1977's Avatar hAPPY1977
10:55 PM Liked: 10
post #52 of 4009
03-08-2010 | Posts: 233
Joined: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindbartimaeus View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbV8vf7nuMA

Load times as requested

Thanks but that's old news, I was referring to the "fat" PS3 compared to BDP-S570.
Randy Streck's Avatar Randy Streck
01:26 PM Liked: 10
post #53 of 4009
03-09-2010 | Posts: 25
Joined: Dec 2003
Does anyone know what the difference of these 2 models are? I see the S470 goes for $199.99 and the S570 goes for $249.99. thanks.
blindbartimaeus's Avatar blindbartimaeus
02:05 PM Liked: 10
post #54 of 4009
03-09-2010 | Posts: 366
Joined: May 2006
The 570 has integrated wireless.
slimoli's Avatar slimoli
02:47 PM Liked: 43
post #55 of 4009
03-09-2010 | Posts: 4,746
Joined: Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindbartimaeus View Post

The 570 has integrated wireless.

And a useless IP noise reduction supposed to improve picture quality on video streaming. I can't notice any difference setting it to off, 1,2 or 3. Maybe it has no effect when you use HDMI and upscale the source.
e_rock's Avatar e_rock
12:22 PM Liked: 10
post #56 of 4009
03-10-2010 | Posts: 19
Joined: Dec 2009
i'm fence sitting on this player at the moment. i'd love to hear some more impressions on the DVD upconversion if possible.
S-dogg's Avatar S-dogg
02:27 PM Liked: 10
post #57 of 4009
03-10-2010 | Posts: 419
Joined: May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_rock View Post

i'm fence sitting on this player at the moment. i'd love to hear some more impressions on the DVD upconversion if possible.

Same here. I'm waivering between Panny and Sony, and DVD upconversion is what will seal the deal.
atye's Avatar atye
01:07 PM Liked: 10
post #58 of 4009
03-11-2010 | Posts: 385
Joined: Dec 2004
I bought the LG BD570 and returned it for a Panasonic BD85, which also had issues, so I just returned the Panny for an S570.
Really impressed so far. I can't believe how much faster Blu-Ray discs load than the other players. Picture quality is better too.
(haven't tried standard DVD yet)
Wireless connection is very stable and reliable so far. (why I returned the Panny)
Kage's Avatar Kage
01:24 PM Liked: 11
post #59 of 4009
03-11-2010 | Posts: 1,091
Joined: Sep 2001
A few days ago I bought the S370 on sale at Fry's Electronics and I would like to know if there is a difference in picture quality on the S370 and S570?
slimoli's Avatar slimoli
01:26 PM Liked: 43
post #60 of 4009
03-11-2010 | Posts: 4,746
Joined: Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage View Post

A few days ago I bought the S370 on sale at Fry's Electronics and I would like to know if there is a difference in picture quality on the S370 and S570?

None whatsoever.
Tags: Sony Bdp S570 3d Blu Ray Disc Player , Blu Ray Players , Sony Bdp S370 Blu Ray Disc Player , Sony Bdp N460 Blu Ray Disc Player

Gear in this thread - S570 by PriceGrabber.com
Reply Blu-ray Players

Subscribe to this Thread

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3