post #811 of 3951 Old 07-20-2010, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post

Ok watch AVI. I can watch MKV, I have not tried MP3 (not a big music listener). I know Dvix does not work on US units. I think I will try a WMV and a audio avi tonight.

Best of luck. I just tried a WTV file from Win7 and it wasn't recognized.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 3951 Old 07-20-2010, 06:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimoli View Post

My S570 couldn't play Green Zone in BD. Player freezes after few minutes and it seems it never loaded the disk properly. I tried it on my PS3 and everything looks fine with the disk. I'm requesting a 2nd copy, just in case but it looks I will have to continue to search for a player that plays ALL BD disks (I had 6 already).

Will not play on my LG 590. Testing on Pioneer 320 right now.
post #813 of 3951 Old 07-20-2010, 06:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
plays on the 320
post #814 of 3951 Old 07-20-2010, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston9332 View Post

plays on the 320

Thanks. I thought since Sony invented the format, their players would play all the titles. They don't.

Standard Definition Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy
post #815 of 3951 Old 07-21-2010, 05:27 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Green Zone played on my 570 with no problems.
post #816 of 3951 Old 07-21-2010, 05:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

My S570 couldn't play Green Zone in BD. Player freezes after few minutes and it seems it never loaded the disk properly. I tried it on my PS3 and everything looks fine with the disk. I'm requesting a 2nd copy, just in case but it looks I will have to continue to search for a player that plays ALL BD disks (I had 6 already).

My first time playing the disc it wouldn't bring up the full menu; it brought up the background image and played the music, but the sidebar didn't appear. Stopping and restarting fixed it, though. Over time, the 570 is proving to have a lot more problems than my LG BD390 did. It's frustrating.
post #817 of 3951 Old 07-22-2010, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

No dice. Same result with 2nd copy from Netflix. I'm starting to lose faith on all these sub $ 500.00 players.

Standard Definition Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy
post #818 of 3951 Old 07-22-2010, 01:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post

Anyone able to get other files then MKV to play via USB? Finally using a FAT32 4 gig thumb drive. Only files I can get to play with no issues are MKV. Was hoping AVI would be cant seem to get it to go.

I've played mp4 files on a 4 gig Fat 32 thumb drive.

Art Shotwell
Anacortes, Wash.
post #819 of 3951 Old 07-22-2010, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by artshotwell View Post

I've played mp4 files on a 4 gig Fat 32 thumb drive.

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #820 of 3951 Old 07-23-2010, 02:17 AM

Does anyone have information regarding DLNA client functionality?

I`ve been able to set up a dlna server on windows 7, windows media player.
The DPR functionality works, on the bdp-s570 i can select and play media.
The DMR functionality doesn`t work, on windows 7 i can`t recognise the bdp-s570 as a media player and send files to it.

Has anyone managed to get the DMR functionality to work?
The specifications of sony defines that it should work!!

Quote:

LiveAssist Transcript

Print Copy Email Close
chat id : 84fdafcb-11f9-45d9-9723-1eb64f8268e3
Problem : DLNA DMR doesn`t work
Hailey_ > Hi Nico. Welcome to Sony Online Support. I'm Hailey. Please allow me a moment to review your concern.
Nico > good morning
Nico > i`ve bought the bdp-s570
Nico > and like to use the dlna functionality
Nico > i`ve installed the new firmware
Hailey_ > Thanks for waiting, Nico. I'm sorry that the DLNA DMR function is not working as expected. I'll be glad to assist you with this.
Nico > can seek and play on the player itself
Nico > but other servers don`t recognize the player as a dlna dmr
Nico > you get what i mean?
Nico > i can`t order a dlna server to play to the bdp-s570
Hailey_ > Yes, Nico.
Hailey_ > I understand that you wish to connect the Player to a Computer to stream and play the files from it. Am I right?
Nico > yes. click on the computer a movie and then order to play it at the bdp-s570
Nico > that is called dlna dmr
Hailey_ > Are you able to accesss Photos and music files from the Computer as expected?
Nico > yes
Nico > but not in this matter
Nico > this way i can also don`t see the photos and music files
Nico > i fact the computer don`t recognize the bdp-s570 as a media player
Nico > and because of that i can`t send media to the bdp-s570
Hailey_ > I understand that the issue happen only for video files. Is that right?
Nico > no
Nico > media
Nico > media i mean everything
Hailey_ > Thanks for the confirmation.
Nico > in the specification is defined that the player supports DLNA Client (DMP/DMR).
Nico > i can get DLNA Client (DMP) to work
Nico > but i cant get DLNA Client (DMR) to work
Hailey_ > Please verify whether the Player is running the latest M04.R.624 version.
Nico > yes it is
Hailey_ > Please stay online while I check this information for you.
Hailey_ >
Thanks for waiting, Nico.
Nico > yes
Hailey_ > In this case, let's try resetting the player and check if it helps.
Hailey_ > Please select Resetting under the Settings menu in the Blu-ray Player.
Hailey_ > Then, press ENTER and select Reset To factory Default Settings, and press ENTER again.
Hailey_ > Next, select "All Settings" and press ENTER.
Hailey_ > Now, select START using the LEFT/RIGHT Arrow button, and press ENTER.
Hailey_ > This will reset the Player to the factory default settings.
Nico > and then?
Hailey_ > Then, try connecting to the DMR and check.
Nico > you think that windows now recognises the player as a media player?
Hailey_ > Please try resetting the Player and let me know if the issue persists.
Nico > can you tell me which version of dlna the player supports?
Nico > are you sure that the current firmware supports dmr?
Hailey_ > Please stay online while I check this information for you.
Hailey_ > Thanks for waiting, Nico.
Nico > yes
Hailey_ > Based on the information available online, it is not mentioned that whether the player will support DMR client.
Hailey_ > Hence, in this case, I suggest you to contact our Hotline support team to check this information.
Hailey_ > They are our next higher level of support team and are better equiped with this information.
Hailey_ > I'll provide you their contact information.
Nico > ok
Hailey_ > Please contact them at 1-877-899-SONY (1-877-899-7669)
Hailey_ > Their hours of operation are as follows:
Hailey_ > Monday - Friday9:00AM to 7:00 PM (5:00PM Quebec) ET
9:00AM to 5:00 PM PST
Saturday9:00AM to 5:00PM ET
Closed Sunday and National Holidays
Hailey_ > Please contact them and I'm sure that they will be more than glad in assisting you with this information.
Hailey_ > Are you able to take it from here?
Nico > yes
Nico > i`m from holland, is it then the same number?
Hailey_ > Did you purchase the Player in US?
Nico > no netherlands
Hailey_ > Thanks for the information.
Hailey_ > Sony in each country/region is responsible for the design, manufacture, sales and support of their own units.
Hailey_ > For information on how to contact a Sony facility in Netherland, please visit our Sony International support site
Hailey_ > When you receive the link, please click on it to open the page and let me know if you are able to view it.

Hailey_ > www_sony_net\\SonyInfo\\Support
Hailey_ > Are you able to view the page?
Nico > yes
Hailey_ > Please select 'Netherland' in that page to get the contact information of Netherland support team who will be having information regarding this.
Hailey_ > I'm sure that they will be more than glad to assist you in this regard.
Nico > yes yes
Nico > thnx
Hailey_ > Are you able to take it from here?
Nico > ok i`ll take it from here
Hailey_ > Sure, Nico.
Hailey_ > It has been a pleasure assisting you today.
Hailey_ > Have a nice time ahead!
Hailey_ > Good bye and thank you for contacting Sony Online Support.
Hailey_ > Analyst has closed chat and left the room

post #821 of 3951 Old 07-23-2010, 07:25 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Hello everyone,

I have the S570 directly connected to the TV using HDMI. I notice some playback noise (static/crackling) with any BD encoded with 7.1 DTS-HD. I tried The Golden Compass and Dark City. Same problems on both. When I output DTS to my receiver via digital coax, everything is fine. So the problem seems to be just decoding to PCM from the player to the TV. Strange problem, I had the player for three weeks but didn't notice it because most new BD are encoded with 5.1 DTS-HD or 5.1 Dolby-HD. 5.1 stuff is fine.
post #822 of 3951 Old 07-23-2010, 07:58 AM

Quote:

LiveAssist Transcript

Print Copy Email Close
chat id : 84fdafcb-11f9-45d9-9723-1eb64f8268e3
Problem : DLNA DMR doesn`t work
Nico > can seek and play on the player itself
Nico > but other servers don`t recognize the player as a dlna dmr
Nico > you get what i mean?
Nico > i can`t order a dlna server to play to the bdp-s570
Hailey_ > Yes, Nico.
Hailey_ > I understand that you wish to connect the Player to a Computer to stream and play the files from it. Am I right?
Nico > yes. click on the computer a movie and then order to play it at the bdp-s570

Read from a script.

Quote:

Hailey_ > Based on the information available online, it is not mentioned that whether the player will support DMR client.
Hailey_ > Hence, in this case, I suggest you to contact our Hotline support team to check this information.
Hailey_ > They are our next higher level of support team and are better equiped with this information.
Hailey_ > I'll provide you their contact information.
Nico > ok
Hailey_ > Please contact them at 1-877-899-SONY (1-877-899-7669)
Hailey_ > Their hours of operation are as follows:
Hailey_ > Monday - Friday9:00AM to 7:00 PM (5:00PM Quebec) ET
9:00AM to 5:00 PM PST
Saturday9:00AM to 5:00PM ET
Closed Sunday and National Holidays
Hailey_ > Please contact them and I'm sure that they will be more than glad in assisting you with this information.

But Hailey my dear I thought YOU WERE THE F#$%# SUPPORT !!!!!
What? I'm supposed to call the number, and explain the whole situation again to someone else that doesn't know the answer ?

I'm all wrapped up in this now, please let us know what you find out.
post #823 of 3951 Old 07-23-2010, 09:48 AM

Hi, i used to have pioneer players and when i press and number the player goes to that chapter, on sony i have to use the options menu and enter the chapter number there?

Kocl
post #824 of 3951 Old 07-23-2010, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm a current owner of a Samsung BD-P2550 that has great picture quality but is very slow. I have it hooked up to a Sony KDS-60A3000 with a Sony 32EX400 in transit for use in the bedroom. The Samsung will get moved into the bedroom with it, so I'm looking for a second newer BD player. Right now, I've narrowed the choices down to the S570, Panny BD85, and the LG BD570. Obviously, on these forums you usually see the "problems" with the players, although there seems to be less in the Panny thread than LG or Sony. My main concern is picture quality, which the current Samsung does very well (last with HQV). Speed and reliability are also very important. I don't use Netflix...yet...but intend to try it out using wireless, which I've read is a serious flaw in the Sony. It could be exaggerated though. Which of the three do the experts in here recommend? Also, I'm on a 10Mb connection with a Linksys WRT320 router.
post #825 of 3951 Old 07-23-2010, 12:05 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeynavy1 View Post

I'm a current owner of a Samsung BD-P2550 that has great picture quality but is very slow. I have it hooked up to a Sony KDS-60A3000 with a Sony 32EX400 in transit for use in the bedroom. The Samsung will get moved into the bedroom with it, so I'm looking for a second newer BD player. Right now, I've narrowed the choices down to the S570, Panny BD85, and the LG BD570. Obviously, on these forums you usually see the "problems" with the players, although there seems to be less in the Panny thread than LG or Sony. My main concern is picture quality, which the current Samsung does very well (last with HQV). Speed and reliability are also very important. I don't use Netflix...yet...but intend to try it out using wireless, which I've read is a serious flaw in the Sony. It could be exaggerated though. Which of the three do the experts in here recommend? Also, I'm on a 10Mb connection with a Linksys WRT320 router.

Picture quality: The same with all three

Reliability: I've heard negative things about LG on that front

Netflix: I can only relate my own experience........

I have my s570 hard wired to a fast internet connection, and have not had any problems at all. If you are going to hard wire yours, you can save a little cash and get the s470 instead (identical unit without wireless).

From what I have heard, the antenna in the s570 leaves a little to be desired.

But - all wireless will always leave a little to be desired, especially as you want to stream more and more high quality stuff. HD at first, then 5.1 Dolby with it when available. Consider running an ethernet cable with the money you save with the s470.....

Dave

Uxbridge, MA.

post #826 of 3951 Old 07-23-2010, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtom4prez View Post

Hello everyone,

I have the S570 directly connected to the TV using HDMI. I notice some playback noise (static/crackling) with any BD encoded with 7.1 DTS-HD. I tried The Golden Compass and Dark City. Same problems on both. When I output DTS to my receiver via digital coax, everything is fine. So the problem seems to be just decoding to PCM from the player to the TV. Strange problem, I had the player for three weeks but didn't notice it because most new BD are encoded with 5.1 DTS-HD or 5.1 Dolby-HD. 5.1 stuff is fine.

After some more testing, it seems that the only Blu-rays with this problem is "The Golden Compass" and "Dark City". Both from New Line. Both are fine on my PS3. But since it is only two discs, I will just bitstream DTS to my AVR if I want to watch them. Other 7.1 DTS-HD movies from New Line and other studios are fine.

Not sure where to go with this issue. Maybe New Line Cinema had a bad batch of discs.
post #827 of 3951 Old 07-24-2010, 07:28 AM

Just purchased this BDP from BB. As part of a home theater setup they strongly recommended that they connect this to my wifi. I have a Bellsouth wifi modem with WEP. I am able to add new wifi devices like an iPod touch on my own. I can't find anything at Sony about connecting to a wifi network except to follow the onscreen setup.

Seems like an average user should be able to connect without too much trouble. How hard can this be?
post #828 of 3951 Old 07-24-2010, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul52 View Post

Just purchased this BDP from BB. As part of a home theater setup they strongly recommended that they connect this to my wifi. I have a Bellsouth wifi modem with WEP. I am able to add new wifi devices like an iPod touch on my own. I can't find anything at Sony about connecting to a wifi network except to follow the onscreen setup.

Seems like an average user should be able to connect without too much trouble. How hard can this be?

Not hard at all. Are you having an issue?

Dave

Uxbridge, MA.

post #829 of 3951 Old 07-24-2010, 07:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

It's very simple. The player will scan for available networks, you choose yours, type in the WEP encryption key, the player connects and acquires an IP. Voila.
post #830 of 3951 Old 07-24-2010, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athlon646464 View Post

Not hard at all. Are you having an issue?

Sort of... They charge about $50 to connect a wireless device. That's an issue for me.
post #831 of 3951 Old 07-24-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:

Sort of... They charge about $50 to connect a wireless device. That's an issue for me.

You said you are able to connect stuff like your iPod on your own. If you follow the prompts on screen, it is just as easy to set up your s570 on your own.

If you get stuck, give us details and we'll help.

There is no need to pay someone $50 do set that up for you.

Dave

Uxbridge, MA.

post #832 of 3951 Old 07-24-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxbh View Post

Have a problem and need help. Helping a friend set up his new S570 with Netflix.

Saw this on another post: "There is an issue with Netflix on this BD player and some receivers with the sound output set to "Auto". If you change it to "PCM" you will get sound from Netflix."
post #833 of 3951 Old 07-24-2010, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Saw this on another post: "There is an issue with Netflix on this BD player and some receivers with the sound output set to "Auto". If you change it to "PCM" you will get sound from Netflix."

I had the same problem with the 460 but never with the S570. Are you sure you saw this on a Sony Sx70 thread ?

post #834 of 3951 Old 07-24-2010, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Well I dove in and picked up the s570. First one I got from BB had a big scratch on the front screen so I returned it and got another. While the packing looks decent it obviously doesn't provide enough protection because even the second one has some small scratches. Anyways, I hooked it up and there were a few glitches. The first was my fault...haha. I kept trying to get it to connect to my wireless but nothing worked. Then I remembered I also had MAC hardware firewall enabled so after entering the player's MAC address it worked. Haven't streamed anything as I don't subscribe to Netflix but hopefully it will work when the time comes. The other issue, though, is with the sound. For whatever reason the player kept sending PCM to my Onkyo 605. Another time no sound came out. It is "working" now after setting up a Logitech Harmony remote to make sure the player is on before the receiver. I've got TrueHD and DTSHDMA to light up on the Onkyo, which is good. Hopefully, there isn't a problem. If anyone knows anything about this issue, I'm all ears. Lastly, is the eject button on the remote supposed to look slightly more "depressed" than the other buttons?
post #835 of 3951 Old 07-24-2010, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeynavy1 View Post

Well I dove in and picked up the s570. First one I got from BB had a big scratch on the front screen so I returned it and got another. While the packing looks decent it obviously doesn't provide enough protection because even the second one has some small scratches. Anyways, I hooked it up and there were a few glitches. The first was my fault...haha. I kept trying to get it to connect to my wireless but nothing worked. Then I remembered I also had MAC hardware firewall enabled so after entering the player's MAC address it worked. Haven't streamed anything as I don't subscribe to Netflix but hopefully it will work when the time comes. The other issue, though, is with the sound. For whatever reason the player kept sending PCM to my Onkyo 605. Another time no sound came out. It is "working" now after setting up a Logitech Harmony remote to make sure the player is on before the receiver. I've got TrueHD and DTSHDMA to light up on the Onkyo, which is good. Hopefully, there isn't a problem. If anyone knows anything about this issue, I'm all ears. Lastly, is the eject button on the remote supposed to look slightly more "depressed" than the other buttons?

I have experienced a stutter a few times. Netflix streaming is below subpar. PQ is fantastic however.

I want to hear opinions from people who don't have a dog in the fight.
post #836 of 3951 Old 07-24-2010, 06:00 PM

I just bought an BDP-S570 and I am pretty satisfied. I tested the iphone app and it is awesome.

However I can not get to see any remote file over dlna and I think I have done it all: 1) Update firmware, 2) Identify dlna server in connection server settings and tested successfully 3) add all types of files (mp3, wma, flac, mp3, mkv) on the server itself (lacinema hd classic).

All this and the only message I get when trying to browse the files is "There is no playable file"

Please help, I was really hoping that this would work.
post #837 of 3951 Old 07-24-2010, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotobelo View Post

I just bought an BDP-S570 and I am pretty satisfied. I tested the iphone app and it is awesome.

However I can not get to see any remote file over dlna and I think I have done it all: 1) Update firmware, 2) Identify dlna server in connection server settings and tested successfully 3) add all types of files (mp3, wma, flac, mp3, mkv) on the server itself (lacinema hd classic).

All this and the only message I get when trying to browse the files is "There is no playable file"

Please help, I was really hoping that this would work.

Join the club. File support on the Sony is VERY limited, specially for video. I could only play a .mpg SD video and I get the same msg on all other files (.mov,.iso,m2ts,mkv). There are some people who believe a future software update will fix it but I'm a bit less optimistic given similar problems with most other "DLNA" players.

post #838 of 3951 Old 07-24-2010, 08:06 PM

I bought this player mainly for the load times and the slacker radio client. The other streaming functions are mainly added extras I never expected, but are welcome regardless. The same with the dlna, I have a htpc already so it isn't necessary but I have been playing with it regardless for fun. I use linux and have a bunch of different dlna servers and a few do on-the-fly transcoding for formats the player doesn't support. My problem is while I can get the music and photos to show up, none of the servers will show up on the video tab in the player so I can't even try the video transcoding. I am hoping that a firmware update will improve the dlna communications because it appears that is what is holding me back.
post #839 of 3951 Old 07-24-2010, 09:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Has anyone played around with the various noise reduction options that show up under the "options" when a movie is playing? Do they apply to both Blu-ray and DVD or just DVD. Any advantage to turning them on or changing the video from "standard" to another setting?
post #840 of 3951 Old 07-24-2010, 10:49 PM

Liked: 11
Watched a 3D bluray movie, the 3D visual was fantastic! Now that's entertainment, unlike the DLNA crap
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Sony Bdp S570 3d Blu Ray Disc Player , Blu Ray Players , Sony Bdp S370 Blu Ray Disc Player , Sony Bdp N460 Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - S570 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page