post #211 of 3951 Old 04-11-2010, 06:48 AM
DMJ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugasmax View Post

Does anyone else have the problem when stopping the blu-ray disc, and then starting again, the player will never remember where it left off; it just starts from the beginning again? Any feature to have it remember where I left off on the disc?

Nope, haven't experienced that.

We're pretty happy with ours, but I really hope there is something in the works for Hulu. I really want Hulu.

Thanks

Thanks,
Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 3951 Old 04-11-2010, 07:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Pandora is available as the other poster noted. Played it all morning and it is, of course, pretty cool.

Would love to see Vudu added.
post #213 of 3951 Old 04-11-2010, 07:26 AM
DMJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjrenna View Post

Pandora is available as the other poster noted. Played it all morning and it is, of course, pretty cool.

Would love to see Vudu added.

I saw we got something updated last night, but didn't see what it was. I'll have to check it out tomorrow. Is it like Hulu? The basic description on the web makes it sound like it's radio only?

Thank you

Thanks,
Dan
post #214 of 3951 Old 04-11-2010, 07:37 AM
Advanced Member

Pandora is audio (for now). You pick the artists or songs for example and it offers up music from those artists as well as from others that are in those same genres. It plays song after song after song. It is free, but you only have a set amount of time each month. Of course you could pay to get more if you wanted.
post #215 of 3951 Old 04-11-2010, 10:36 PM

According to the Fed Ex website, my S570 should arrive tomorrow. I hate to keep bringing up the issue with DVD playback, but I'm getting a little worried that I might not like the DVD upconversion on the 570. Some say it's ok, while others claim picture quality of DVD's is excellent. Let me ask you guys this, how do you compare the PQ of DVD's to the S350? Has anyone had a chance to compare the 350 and 570 side by side? I don't really care if PQ looks identical to the S350, I just don't wanna downgrade.
post #216 of 3951 Old 04-12-2010, 05:12 AM

DVD/Blu-ray not remembering where left off

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone else have the problem when stopping the blu-ray disc, and then starting again, the player will never remember where it left off; it just starts from the beginning again? Any feature to have it remember where I left off on the disc?

I have the same problem with the Costco version. Updated the firmware and the problem is still there. Also if I turn off the player while playing a blu-ray and then turn it back on the player starts at the beginning.
post #217 of 3951 Old 04-12-2010, 07:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdidonna View Post

DVD/Blu-ray not remembering where left off

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the same problem with the Costco version. Updated the firmware and the problem is still there. Also if I turn off the player while playing a blu-ray and then turn it back on the player starts at the beginning.

This has been discussed ad nauseum, but it's a limitation of the format. Blu-ray discs featuring Java, which is pretty much 75% of the titles out there, cannot resume. Most studios, however, have at least provided a bookmarking feature. If you hit the green button (this is an actual button) on your remote while the movie is playing, you should see a message indicating that you've added a bookmark. Now, the movie has to completely reload the next time, but you can at least access the point from which you left off without having to skip through the scenes.
post #218 of 3951 Old 04-12-2010, 10:20 AM

I've had my 570 for a few weeks now (had a 460 for a week, then realized I messed up when the 570 came out and made the swap) and I am really happy with its performance.

-Blu-ray PQ is excellent
-SD PQ is pretty good (I switched from a Samsung UP 5000 with HQV, which was as good as it gets - but I have not been disappointed at all with the 570)
-Netflix works great
-Pandora is cool. Slacker has limitations in the Sony form, but Padora works with your on-line account.
-SACD super cool. HDMI/DSD to my receiver. Simple. Clean.

But I've got one issue. I have HDMI set to "Auto" and was getting the native codec displaying on the Onkyo 706 I have it paired with (Dolby TruHD, etc.). But since the latest firmware upgrade, it now appears that no matter what I do, I get PCM sent to the receiver for DVDs (still get DSD for SACD). Am I missing something? Anyone else notice similar occurance?
post #219 of 3951 Old 04-12-2010, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio5oh View Post

According to the Fed Ex website, my S570 should arrive tomorrow. I hate to keep bringing up the issue with DVD playback, but I'm getting a little worried that I might not like the DVD upconversion on the 570. Some say it's ok, while others claim picture quality of DVD's is excellent. Let me ask you guys this, how do you compare the PQ of DVD's to the S350? Has anyone had a chance to compare the 350 and 570 side by side? I don't really care if PQ looks identical to the S350, I just don't wanna downgrade.

Upconversion really depends on how large your display is, and how close you are sitting to the display.
post #220 of 3951 Old 04-12-2010, 03:52 PM

Pandora showed up, and I am attempting to register for it. The instructions tell me I need a registration code which I get from the Home > Network > Activate Advance Features menu. When I activate Advanced Features, I can see no way to find my registration code.

Can someone please provide some guidance on where/how I find my 'registration code' ? Most humble apologies if I have missed something completely obvious.

Oh yeah.... S570.

JWhite

JWhite
post #221 of 3951 Old 04-13-2010, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMWhite View Post

Pandora showed up, and I am attempting to register for it. The instructions tell me I need a registration code which I get from the Home > Network > Activate Advance Features menu. When I activate Advanced Features, I can see no way to find my registration code.

Can someone please provide some guidance on where/how I find my 'registration code' ? Most humble apologies if I have missed something completely obvious.

Oh yeah.... S570.

I've attached a pic of my the results of my Activate Advanced Features session. It seems a registration code should be clearly visible, but it's not.

JWhite
LL

JWhite
post #222 of 3951 Old 04-13-2010, 05:42 AM

Quote:

I've attached a pic of my the results of my Activate Advanced Features session. It seems a registration code should be clearly visible, but it's not.

JWhite

Have you tried registering your TV with Sony online? I had an issue with adding Amazon, but Netflix and Pandora were painless...
post #223 of 3951 Old 04-13-2010, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoy View Post

Have you tried registering your TV with Sony online? I had an issue with adding Amazon, but Netflix and Pandora were painless...

Do you mean registering the product purchase with the product number and serial number, purchase date, etc? No I haven't. Could it be that simple that it will then allow the Advanced Feature Activation to generate a code?

I'll certainly try it.

JW

JWhite
post #224 of 3951 Old 04-13-2010, 07:54 AM
Advanced Member

I did the linking from here...

internet.sony.tv
post #225 of 3951 Old 04-13-2010, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 30
To register Pandora:

-Open an account with pandora if you don't have one. You will get a userid and a password.
-Go to internet.sony.tv/pandora
-Enter the userid and password for Sonystyle, not the ones for Pandora.
-click on "internet radio"
-click on "Pandora"
-Enter the userid and password for the Pandora account.
-That's it.

Standard Definition Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy
post #226 of 3951 Old 04-13-2010, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimoli View Post

To register Pandora:

-Open an account with pandora if you don't have one. You will get a userid and a password.
-Go to internet.sony.tv/pandora
-Enter the userid and password for Sonystyle, not the ones for Pandora.
-click on "internet radio"
-click on "Pandora"
-Enter the userid and password for the Pandora account.
-That's it.

But before you can do this you have to register your device with Sony Essentials. This is where I have been stymied. Attached is the problematic page. I am unable to get my device to generate a 'registration code'.

JW
LL

JWhite
post #227 of 3951 Old 04-13-2010, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

But before you can do this you have to register your device with Sony Essentials. This is where I have been stymied. Attached is the problematic page. I am unable to get my device to generate a 'registration code'.

JW

I received the registration code directly on my Sony Blu-Ray player when I tried to access the service. Then you can take the code and register online. Not a fan of this process (seems like Sony could make this easier) but it worked for me.
post #228 of 3951 Old 04-13-2010, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

JW

I was assuming you had already registered for Netflix and Amazon. I suggest you reset your player to factory level and start over, registering or re-registering everything. For Pandora, there is no need for any code.

Standard Definition Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy
post #229 of 3951 Old 04-13-2010, 09:00 AM
Advanced Member

Your S570 will give you an example code like this: s76g

You need that code to complete the on line process at internet.sony.tv
post #230 of 3951 Old 04-13-2010, 09:02 AM

Quote:

I was assuming you had already registered for Netflix and Amazon. I suggest you reset your player to factory level and start over, registering or re-registering everything. For Pandora, there is no need for any code.

That is my current plan. I'll try it again tonight. I have registered for nothing, but do have a Pandora account already.

One responder, above, suggested I register the product purchase... as opposed to the Sony Essentials registration code as well. Perhaps the serial number has to be in their db.

Why they just don't use the MAC address is beyond me. That (at least) I understand.

Thanks, again
JW

JWhite
post #231 of 3951 Old 04-13-2010, 09:04 AM

Quote:

Your S570 will give you an example code like this: s76g

You need that code to complete the on line process at internet.sony.tv

That's the code that is NOT being generated by the bd. I'll try slimoli's advice and reset/try again this evening.

JW

JWhite
post #232 of 3951 Old 04-13-2010, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That is my current plan. I'll try it again tonight. I have registered for nothing, but do have a Pandora account already.

One responder, above, suggested I register the product purchase... as opposed to the Sony Essentials registration code as well. Perhaps the serial number has to be in their db.

Why they just don't use the MAC address is beyond me. That (at least) I understand.

Thanks, again
JW

You don't have to register the purchase, I never did it.

post #233 of 3951 Old 04-13-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:

My hunch is it will not. My S570 is less than 30 feet from the router and I can't use the wireless N without a lot of problems. The signal is never stable. I use it hardwired now.

i have the s570 and a linksys wrt610n dual band. no problems with netflix drops using the 5MGhz band. cox cable speakeasy results were 17.5Mbps download.
post #234 of 3951 Old 04-13-2010, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsurfer View Post

i have the s570 and a linksys wrt610n dual band. no problems with netflix drops using the 5MGhz band. cox cable speakeasy results were 17.5Mbps download.

Wireless is kinda hit or miss. It depends on several different things, one being the amount of wireless networks nearby. In my case, I live in a condo with 180 units and I bet almost all have a wireless network. Walls play an important role and the type of material is also important. Metal frames are killers, for example.

post #235 of 3951 Old 04-13-2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:

I did the linking from here...

internet.sony.tv

JMWhite - this is what I meant by register.
post #236 of 3951 Old 04-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsurfer View Post

This is one of the reasons I'm thinking of keeping my s570 instead of going with a Playstation 3 instead. I just read that the s570, not the PS3, does wireless n and I too have the wrt610 dual band. I'm not sure if this router is top notch or I just may need to update the firmware but i haven't had many problems save that with the internal antenna my droid won't even connect to wifi about 30 feet away. My TV is only 15 feet away so I'm guessing that the s570 should connect just fine on at least one of the bands and certainly better than the b/g playstation 3.
post #237 of 3951 Old 04-13-2010, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post

This is one of the reasons I'm thinking of keeping my s570 instead of going with a Playstation 3 instead. I just read that the s570, not the PS3, does wireless n and I too have the wrt610 dual band. I'm not sure if this router is top notch or I just may need to update the firmware but i haven't had many problems save that with the internal antenna my droid won't even connect to wifi about 30 feet away. My TV is only 15 feet away so I'm guessing that the s570 should connect just fine on at least one of the bands and certainly better than the b/g playstation 3.

i have two walls and about 50 feet distance between the s570 and the 610n. yes i do have the latest firmware for both.
post #238 of 3951 Old 04-14-2010, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk View Post

I received the registration code directly on my Sony Blu-Ray player when I tried to access the service. Then you can take the code and register online. Not a fan of this process (seems like Sony could make this easier) but it worked for me.

My S570 is not generating the code I need to enter to create my Sony Essentials account (a pre-req for Pandora). I tried re-setting back to factory and unplugged the bd for a few mins.

After going through the re-setup process and re-trying to generate a code, it's still no luck. The Activate Advanced Features process appears to run fine, displaying nice 'success' message, but no code.

An email correspondence with Sony has been useless. I guess I'll have to try a phone call to support..... and probably wait and wait and wait.

This must be quite unusual as I can find no such reported issue. Makes me think I am missing something, but what is a puzzler.

JW

JWhite
post #239 of 3951 Old 04-14-2010, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

My S570 is not generating the code I need to enter to create my Sony Essentials account (a pre-req for Pandora). I tried re-setting back to factory and unplugged the bd for a few mins.

After going through the re-setup process and re-trying to generate a code, it's still no luck. The Activate Advanced Features process appears to run fine, displaying nice 'success' message, but no code.

An email correspondence with Sony has been useless. I guess I'll have to try a phone call to support..... and probably wait and wait and wait.

This must be quite unusual as I can find no such reported issue. Makes me think I am missing something, but what is a puzzler.

JW

I replied back to you in the 370 thread as well, but I am 99% sure that I got my authorization code when I tried to connect to the Netflix app. It came up with a splash screen giving me the link to the site I needed to register to and it gave me the authorization code.
post #240 of 3951 Old 04-14-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk View Post

I replied back to you in the 370 thread as well, but I am 99% sure that I got my authorization code when I tried to connect to the Netflix app. It came up with a splash screen giving me the link to the site I needed to register to and it gave me the authorization code.

No I haven't tried this, but I will. Thanks...

My problem must be something simple like this..... me missing something completely obvious. The patience various responders have shown with me is a credit to you all.

I was following the links to register Pandora, not Netflix, but I was presented with a Sony Essentials screen that REQUIRES an authorization code. The instructions on 'Where is this' tell me it's (the auth code) clearly visible on the Activate Advanced Features results screen. In my case, however, it is not visible.... at all

Attached.

JWhite
LL

JWhite
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Sony Bdp S570 3d Blu Ray Disc Player , Blu Ray Players , Sony Bdp S370 Blu Ray Disc Player , Sony Bdp N460 Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - S570 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page