Panasonic DMP-BD85K Blu-Ray player Official Master/Owner's thread - Page 109 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #3241 of 3247 Old 11-30-2014, 09:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gryd View Post
Usually it does stream better in the day. Before I blame my ISP I should point out that I have no trouble streaming HD content from other media services and I can do this right after I have a buffering issue with Netflix. I streamed in HD last night from Netflix so maybe the problem will go away for a while until the Netflix servers get overloaded again. Thanks for your response!
If I rememeber correctly thats how it was for me too. Netflix and Hulu were the first to act up. Then others like Vudu, Amazon follow later. My problem ISP was Centurylink (formerly Qwest) and now it is Comcast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3242 of 3247 Old 12-28-2014, 05:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
panasonic BD 85 question

Is there any way to turn the TV off while you listen to the blue ray player using it just for music? The TV and player are tied together somehow (is this because of the HDMI connection?) so that turning the TV off also turns the BD 85 off. One common scenario for me is listening to Pandora...but once I've used the TV as my monitor and got the Pandora station set up and running, I would like to turn off the TV and just listen without the visual distraction of the Pandora screen saver.
post #3243 of 3247 Old 12-28-2014, 08:09 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiedave View Post
Is there any way to turn the TV off while you listen to the blue ray player using it just for music? The TV and player are tied together somehow (is this because of the HDMI connection?) so that turning the TV off also turns the BD 85 off. One common scenario for me is listening to Pandora...but once I've used the TV as my monitor and got the Pandora station set up and running, I would like to turn off the TV and just listen without the visual distraction of the Pandora screen saver.
Is your TV also Panasonic ? If so do you have Viera Link enabled between the tv and player ? There is a viera link option that shuts off the connected device automaticaly. You can try disabling that.
post #3244 of 3247 Old 12-28-2014, 08:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My TV is a big Sony....I get the menu off of the Panasonic that I thought was a Viera Link...I'll look into it. Thanks.
post #3245 of 3247 Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Anyone here have the new DMP-BDT360? Wondering if there is any reason to upgrade from my 85. I can say that the 360 feels like a toy next to the 85 and has only HDMI and optical, no legacy connections at all. It doesn't have the steel case that the 85 has but from a PQ or feature standpoint I'm wondering if it is any better.
post #3246 of 3247 Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdbrown View Post
Anyone here have the new DMP-BDT360? Wondering if there is any reason to upgrade from my 85. I can say that the 360 feels like a toy next to the 85 and has only HDMI and optical, no legacy connections at all. It doesn't have the steel case that the 85 has but from a PQ or feature standpoint I'm wondering if it is any better.
I have both of the devices you mention and agree with your assessment. I haven't noticed any material differences in PQ, but the 85 has Amazon - 360 doesn't. And the 360 has advertising on the bottom of some of the menus, which is really weird. Here's the thread on the 360: Panasonic DMP-BD91/BDT260/360/460 Owner's Thread
post #3247 of 3247 Unread Today, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by HofstraJet View Post
I have both of the devices you mention and agree with your assessment. I haven't noticed any material differences in PQ, but the 85 has Amazon - 360 doesn't. And the 360 has advertising on the bottom of some of the menus, which is really weird. Here's the thread on the 360: Panasonic DMP-BD91/BDT260/360/460 Owner's Thread
Just thought I'd add, I know someone with this unit... it has Amazon.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Panasonic Dmp Bd85k Wifi Enabled Blu Ray Disc Player Black , Blu Ray Players , Panasonic Tc P65v10 65 Inch 1080p Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic 85 Professional 1080p Full Hd Plasma Display Th 85pf12u
Gear in this thread - P65v10 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page