rdn
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkman View Post

I've read through the posts in this thread, but I'm not seeing an answer to this...

Do other people have ff/rew working from a dlna source? I'm streaming across the network and things play find, but I haven't been able to ff/rew anything yet.

Am I missing something obvious?

BD-C5500, Windows Home Server (DLNA), DIVX/AVI file

FF/RW partially work using the left/right arrow keys on the remote (why don't they use the <</>> keys like when watching a DVD?) It is inconsistent and I have even seen the FF go backwards (). Holding the key down seems to work better than pressing it repeatedly. I also have noticed that resuming from a pause will only work if done fairly soon after pausing. These features still need a bit of work.

Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 1614 Old 09-28-2010, 06:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
So I see some of the older Samsung models listed as having Amazon on Demand. Do any of the current models have it? I don't see it listed. I know I saw where only the 3D model were getting Hulu, but not sure why the new models aren't listing Amazon On Demand.

Thanx
post #453 of 1614 Old 09-28-2010, 12:58 PM

The netflix application just showed up a couple of days ago.

Al
post #454 of 1614 Old 09-28-2010, 11:09 PM

Netflix application? On the C-5500?

Being a "canoehead", are you in Canada? How/where did you find the app? I'm not seeing it on my machine (in Canada, mind you).
post #455 of 1614 Old 09-29-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuje66 View Post

Netflix application? On the C-5500?

Being a "canoehead", are you in Canada? How/where did you find the app? I'm not seeing it on my machine (in Canada, mind you).

Yes I'm in Canada (Toronto). I have a BD-C6500 which is almost identical as I recall. I just selected Internet@TV and the netflix application automatically downloaded. I suppose you could download it manually by going to "Samsung Apps" and browsing "Whats new". Its there. I just checked.

I'm assuming that your internet connection on the bd-c5500 works with other apps ( utube, facebook etc.)

The Canoehead has to do with Portage signs on canoe routes.

Al
post #456 of 1614 Old 09-29-2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatteis View Post

hey there, checking in from Canada. Couple of things, I have this C5500 unit and works well for my needs. We now have netflix in Canada, but I can't find the app for my player here, checked to see if there was a firmware update adding this, but nothing yet. Another thing, I can go to the apps section, but if I click in on the internet @ tv button, it just goes to the large screen showing that icon. Nothing else happens, no error code, it just sits there, I don't know if it is loading, or what is going on. Lastly, I am using the pcshare program and it works to stream my movies from my network, but when I check devices, it does show my pc, and if I select that then click on movies, or something, it shows nothing in that file, Even though, I have selected them to be shared on my network.
Any help on these issues would be great.

After re-reading the post by Jmatteis, It looks like you have connection through your router to your PC, but not through the router to the internet. Might be some setting in your router. Maybe somebody else has some ideas?

Al
post #457 of 1614 Old 09-29-2010, 12:42 PM

I just picked up a Samsung 5500 and noticed that when I hit eject, the tray makes kind of a dull clicking sound. Nothing super loud or anything, but very noticeable.

But when I retract the tray it's pretty much silent.

Is this normal with this model?

Thanks guys!
post #458 of 1614 Old 09-30-2010, 03:55 PM

Liked: 11
I've got my network set up (wireless, with Sammy 5500 hard wired to the router), and all works fantastic EXCEPT that I'm trying to play MP3 files from my (wireless) PC.

It's a Windows 7 system.

I found, finally, the PC Share software (version 4.1) and loaded it but every time I try to drag a folder to it to share it says that it "Can only share folder items."

What am I doing wrong here???
post #459 of 1614 Old 10-01-2010, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FragU View Post

I've got my network set up (wireless, with Sammy 5500 hard wired to the router), and all works fantastic EXCEPT that I'm trying to play MP3 files from my (wireless) PC.

It's a Windows 7 system.

I found, finally, the PC Share software (version 4.1) and loaded it but every time I try to drag a folder to it to share it says that it "Can only share folder items."

What am I doing wrong here???

I have Vista so not sure what difference in PCSM would be but I search for the folder on the left side of PCSM and then right click on the folder and select share, you can also select the folder and use 'Share/Share Folder' or click on the folder icon with the Green tick to share it - you don't drag the folder

=====================================
My HT Thread index on 1st post
Samsung AllShare and Internet@TV Discussion
post #460 of 1614 Old 10-01-2010, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hi
Has anyone tried a PAL DVD ?

Thanks
Eugene
post #461 of 1614 Old 10-01-2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlink View Post

I just picked up a Samsung 5500 and noticed that when I hit eject, the tray makes kind of a dull clicking sound. Nothing super loud or anything, but very noticeable.

But when I retract the tray it's pretty much silent.

Is this normal with this model?

Thanks guys!

I'd never noticed anything, but figured I'd give it a try for you... I guess it could be described as a dull clicking sound... nothing abnormal sounding tho... push the eject button, wait a second, kinda a little sound as tray starts to come out.... If you really think yours is bad, record a video with sound, post it on youtube, post the link here, someone (or me) can watch it and see if it sounds normal.... or go down to a store that has a display model and compare.
post #462 of 1614 Old 10-01-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene157 View Post

Hi
Has anyone tried a PAL DVD ?

Thanks
Eugene

I have. No dice.

I think I posted that long time ago, but I guess there's so many posts it's hard to find...

edit: if you search thread for PAL you'll see my old post. but yeah it won't play PAL dvds... or any VCDs at all (pal or ntsc).... and a few other things the manual makes it seem like it should play...
post #463 of 1614 Old 10-02-2010, 10:32 AM

European C5500 plays Pal-Dvd´s of course.
post #464 of 1614 Old 10-04-2010, 05:15 AM

Hi guys, Just wanted to know about the usb drive compatibility. What is the maximum capacity external HDD that the player can play from?
Can it play files from a 1 TB external HDD?
post #465 of 1614 Old 10-04-2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma9o7 View Post

I have. No dice.

I think I posted that long time ago, but I guess there's so many posts it's hard to find...

edit: if you search thread for PAL you'll see my old post. but yeah it won't play PAL dvds... or any VCDs at all (pal or ntsc).... and a few other things the manual makes it seem like it should play...

Search the Internet an there are codes that allow for the player to be made region free (DVD only).

Be aware it can be a nightmare trying to enter in the code.
post #466 of 1614 Old 10-04-2010, 06:47 PM

I have a C5500 that I purchased a couple months ago. I have run across an issue that I hope someone can shed some light on. I have a few discs that I burned myself as backups. They worked fine in other players. In the Samsung I get the error "Cannot play this disk, check TV system". I have seen other info referring to NERO as the problem but nothing definative or recent. These are not PAL discs, they are NTSC. I can take the same disc and put it in my Magnavox DVR and it plays just fine. Out of several hundred discs, there are only about a half dozen that do this. Any suggestions??

Thanks!

mwm
post #467 of 1614 Old 10-05-2010, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riskyaks View Post

Hi guys, Just wanted to know about the usb drive compatibility. What is the maximum capacity external HDD that the player can play from?

I've used a 320GB Seagate to play 720p/5.1 MKVs beautifully. Don't have a larger one to test though, sorry.

I stole your sig.
post #468 of 1614 Old 10-05-2010, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riskyaks View Post

It works fine with my Lacie grand 1TB external hard disk.
post #469 of 1614 Old 10-05-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestman78 View Post

I have a C5500 that I purchased a couple months ago. I have run across an issue that I hope someone can shed some light on. I have a few discs that I burned myself as backups. They worked fine in other players. In the Samsung I get the error "Cannot play this disk, check TV system". I have seen other info referring to NERO as the problem but nothing definative or recent. These are not PAL discs, they are NTSC. I can take the same disc and put it in my Magnavox DVR and it plays just fine. Out of several hundred discs, there are only about a half dozen that do this. Any suggestions??

Thanks!

mwm

Although you say that they are not PAL disks, this is the same error you would get for a PAL disk. You might try using IFOEdit to check that there is not something "funny" in the IFOs. If so, you can use the method described in the link below to edit the IFO files and re-burn. I've done this on a couple of PAL disks and after that, they played OK (albeit, with a little positioning error when items in the menu are selected).

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/1...-(patch-method)
post #470 of 1614 Old 10-06-2010, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wewonit5times View Post

Search the Internet an there are codes that allow for the player to be made region free (DVD only).

Be aware it can be a nightmare trying to enter in the code.

I was referring to region 0 PAL DVDs on a US player. As far as I know there's no region unlock for US players, and besides, it still wouldn't make it play PAL.
post #471 of 1614 Old 10-07-2010, 05:59 AM

I tried a bluray with some mkvs that I burned last night in the bd-5500, they played beautifully. They were the Verbatim BD-Rs that come in the 10 pack (96769), not the LTH discs since my burner doesn't support them . I burned them with IMGBurn using the tutorial for making bd discs. Absolutely no need to convert them at all. I'm not sure however if dual layer bd-discs work though.

Question though, has anyone tried playing back an mkv with hd audio (dts hd-ma, dolby truehd, pcm etc...)?
post #472 of 1614 Old 10-10-2010, 05:33 PM

Trying to stream videos from my NAS, Buffalo LinkStation Pro Duo LS-WTGL218 to a Blu-ray player, Samsung BD-C5500/XAAA, in native (without external server) DLNA mode. Both devices have DLNA compliance certificates. For what they're worth.

What spec's do the files need to meet? I've seen a lot of specs posted. Some for Samsung TV's. Some for server programs. Some for usb/flash drives.

What about decoder, resolution and codec? I found MediaInfo, which should tell me If my files are compliant.

But I need the spec's first.

I asked Samsung, they haven't replied.
post #473 of 1614 Old 10-10-2010, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

These are the specs for the BD-C5500

post #474 of 1614 Old 10-11-2010, 06:44 PM

I have MediaInfo, so away we go. Thanks.
post #475 of 1614 Old 10-11-2010, 07:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyWV View Post

I have MediaInfo, so away we go. Thanks.

So far anything thats not played after checking with MediaInfo its been unsupported per the spec. A usually use RipBot to convert to a supported format - its slow but seems to preserve audio/video quality.

post #476 of 1614 Old 10-14-2010, 04:42 PM

Will this player get the updated Netflix app with search capabilities and 1080p 5.1 surround? I believe Roku and PS3 will get it.
post #477 of 1614 Old 10-14-2010, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

I hope so but not holding my breath.

I'm sure Samsung will save any updates to their new lines...... its been very quiet on the update side for both the player and PCSM so I bet all we will see is bug fixes everytime FOX decide to mess with the BD protection.

post #478 of 1614 Old 10-16-2010, 09:27 AM

I bought my Samsung BD-C5500 off Amazon.com and have had nothing but problem with it. The Audio on DVD-R burned Divx movies is all garbled. Picture is fine. I sent it back to Samsung for repair 3 times. It still does not work. First time they replaced the entire circuit board. 2nd time they said that they found nothing wrong with the player. 3rd time I sent a burned DVD with it and they worked on it for two full weeks. They could not fix it so they exchanged it for a new one. The new one had the exact same problem. I then took my burned disc to Best buy and tried it in one of their new ones. It took 2 full minuted to start and played the movie for 15 sec and turned off. Tried the same movie at Best buy in a Panasonic Blu Ray player and it worked fine. The burned movies I have (about 50 or 60) play in all non blu ray players just fine. Samsung did not beta test this player properly before advertising that it will play burned DVD-R and DVD+R movies. My hopes are that they will recognise the problem and be able to put out a firmware update to correct this problem. It plays USB files, store bought DVD's and Blu Rays with no problems. Anyone else have this problem with this player?
post #479 of 1614 Old 10-19-2010, 10:20 AM

Hi all.
All video widgets is not working in Lithuania. I can use only Games, Lifestyle and etc. Samsung support didnt give me clear answer, just told me that its possible that some widget will not work in some countrys.

Anyone knows how to solve this problem?
Is any way to change country of BD-C5500? Hard reset?

Thanks for all ideas.
LL
post #480 of 1614 Old 10-19-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithman View Post

Anyone else have this problem with this player?

Not exactly the same, I haven't had problem with DVD-R at all, and played quite a few discs with avi and mkv. But DVD+R DL (tried several brands) gives me lots of weird issues and never able to play a movie all the way thru.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Samsung Bd C5500 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - C5500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page