Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 1614 Old 03-30-2010, 04:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jus10mh View Post

Just picked up a fresh c5500 and tried multiple mp4s without updating the firmware. Video and audio on all worked flawlessly. Guess I'm going to hold off on updating until this issue gets sorted out.

Glad, to hear you got it going. yea I spoke to Samsung support and they seem to be clueless or acted clueless about this problem. The support person then proceeded to tell me I shouldn't have updated the firmware if I didn't have any issues. *sigh* seriously?...

anyways, yea I was going to exchange my machine this last weekend, but got side track so I'll find some time this week. Hopeful it has the old firmware.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1614 Old 04-01-2010, 03:51 AM

Just got the C5500 last night, Netflix, Pandora, & Accuweather work fine, but I couldn't get rovi tv guide listing to work. It told me to try again after inputting zip code. Has anyone gotten rovi to work?
1st look: Netflix HD quality was good, about equal to 720p (certainly not blu-ray quality), but sd movie quality was below dvd quality in my opinion. (Firmware update from ver. 4 to 8 out the box.) I will be trying allshare soon.
Has anyone compared Netflix quality on the C550 to a Sony S370/S470?
post #63 of 1614 Old 04-01-2010, 04:33 AM

hey i got a mail from samsung i as then about c5500 ntfs support!
anwser is:

both usb connect spupport Fat32 and NTFS hd fully till 250gb!!!!and that extrenal hd must have own ac/dc connection, becuase the usb does not support this!!!

so wath does this mean ? no higher hd as 250gb can be used????
pls let me know!!!

also very few say that the player drive is realy noisy in playback and insert!!!is this right???????
post #64 of 1614 Old 04-01-2010, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by game007 View Post

pls let me know!!!

That sounds like it means that max 250GB via a USB connected external HD. I'm sure this does not apply to a network connected HD/Media Server.

Quote:

also very few say that the player drive is realy noisy in playback and insert!!!is this right???????

I can't say I noticed this player being noisy during insertion of disc or playback.... but the player is in a closet and not out in open to hear.

I will say I'm impressed with the start up speed and how quick it plays DVD/BR. Much better than the BD-P1500 I had.

=====================================

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
index on 1st post

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #65 of 1614 Old 04-01-2010, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritInVA View Post

That sounds like it means that max 250GB via a USB connected external HD. I'm sure this does not apply to a network connected HD/Media Server.

I can't say I noticed this player being noisy during insertion of disc or playback.... but the player is in a closet and not out in open to hear.

I will say I'm impressed with the start up speed and how quick it plays DVD/BR. Much better than the BD-P1500 I had.

I have plugged a 500 GB external HD unto the front USB and not had any problems. So my guess is the rep didn't know what they were talking about.
post #66 of 1614 Old 04-01-2010, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erzak View Post

I have plugged a 500 GB external HD unto the front USB and not had any problems. So my guess is the rep didn't know what they were talking about.

Wouldn't be first time

index on 1st post

post #67 of 1614 Old 04-01-2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:

hey i got a mail from samsung i as then about c5500 ntfs support!
anwser is:

both usb connect spupport Fat32 and NTFS hd fully till 250gb!!!!and that extrenal hd must have own ac/dc connection, becuase the usb does not support this!!!

this only proves a complete incompetency of samsung support team... i myself have had a chance to speak to a level II(!!!) support rep over the phone... what can i say - totally useless... i was trying to get an answer to a simple as it seemed to me question... whether embedded subtitles are supported for MKV files when played from USB drive... you know what was the answer? you wouldn't believe in this but what she said was exactly: only if USB supports it!!! can you imagine this??? and then she took a pause and added (prepare for this).... you can also try another USB!!!
-huh??? i was speechless!!!
so... my advice would be to leave their support alone it's just a waste of time... none of the real questions get answered!
as for the size limit of the hard drive connected via USB i can repeat what i have posted earlier - i have had no problem whatsoever playing media files off the NTFS formatted Seagate FreeAgent 640Gb 2.5" external drive connected to either front or rear USB... and as you may already know 2.5" external drives don't come with external power adaptor... they get powered via USB circuit... say hello to support on my behalf if you decide to.
post #68 of 1614 Old 04-02-2010, 02:55 PM

In answer to earlier poster, I did get (my C5500) Allshare to work on my Window 7 pc, but still trying to get it working on my Window XP pc (Set Device Policy: Accept is important step after setting share on folders with pics, etc.) - will report later on progress.
post #69 of 1614 Old 04-02-2010, 06:43 PM

I can not get any files to play via streaming over the network. I can play the avi files from a USB drive but not over the network. I've tried the Samsung PCSM, Orb, and tveristy. When I try to play the files it gives the error "Not supported file format." I am trying to stream from a Win7 x64 box. Any help would be appreciated.
post #70 of 1614 Old 04-02-2010, 07:41 PM
AVS Special Member

I see a new firmware version is out.

Ver.1009.1 Apr.02.2010
- Improve HDMI-CEC''s language error
- Improve ''BD data management'' capability

I've not updated myself yet as not had any issues and the above don't give a compelling reason.

index on 1st post

post #71 of 1614 Old 04-02-2010, 07:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggley View Post

I can not get any files to play via streaming over the network. I can play the avi files from a USB drive but not over the network. I've tried the Samsung PCSM, Orb, and tveristy. When I try to play the files it gives the error "Not supported file format." I am trying to stream from a Win7 x64 box. Any help would be appreciated.

I've had no success with AVI either via network.... have you tried other file types like MKV, WMV, MP4 or MPG? All those work for me.

Also check out the Samsung AllShare and Internet@TV Discussion thread

index on 1st post

post #72 of 1614 Old 04-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I've had trouble with Netflix myself today. Since noon or so. I have a 20Mb connection and have had ZERO problems until now. It re-buffers about every 10 minutes or so. I chalk it up to something online or Netflix.

Pandora was fine but I don't suspect it needs much bandwidth to work.

ÂThe sheriff and his buddies with their samurai swords.....Â
post #73 of 1614 Old 04-03-2010, 08:32 AM

Does anyone know if the AAC audio problems still exist in the April 2nd Firmware? Thanks in advance!
post #74 of 1614 Old 04-03-2010, 08:50 AM

Before purchasing, I would like to know if the Samsung BD5500/6500 plays AVCHD MTS and M2T files from a hidef videocamcorder?

Thanks in advance.
post #75 of 1614 Old 04-03-2010, 09:34 AM
rdn
Advanced Member

Quote:

I was getting the same error with Tversity, but after I upgraded that server to the latest version, my 5500 doesn't see it at all (nor do my Directv receivers). PC Share Manager is working on my Win 7 64 bit computer, as is EyeConnect on my PPC Mac.

Bob
post #76 of 1614 Old 04-03-2010, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocker View Post

Before purchasing, I would like to know if the Samsung BD5500/6500 plays MTS and M2T files from a hidef videocamcorder?

Thanks in advance.

No, ony supports AVI, MKV, WMV, MP4, MPG, and MPEG. However, I've not gotten a AVI file to work and not tested MPEG.

index on 1st post

post #77 of 1614 Old 04-03-2010, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocker View Post

Before purchasing, I would like to know if the Samsung BD5500/6500 plays MTS and M2T files from a hidef videocamcorder?

Thanks in advance.

AVCHD or MPEG-2? I've had to change the extension of some files (I think M2T) to .MPG to get them to play. I know I did with MPEG-2 container muxed AVCHD files. I'll check some M2T files with changed extension and see.
post #78 of 1614 Old 04-03-2010, 04:11 PM

Yes, I've tried different file types including wmv. I can't even stream music. Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I will check out the other thread and try to figure it out.
post #79 of 1614 Old 04-04-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jus10mh View Post

Does anyone know if the AAC audio problems still exist in the April 2nd Firmware? Thanks in advance!

interesting, with the new 1009.1 firmware now I can play SOME of my mp4 files that wouldn't play on 1008.1. I will need to compare the files to know exactly why because I encoded all my files with handbrake or mediacoder.
post #80 of 1614 Old 04-05-2010, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkass View Post

interesting, with the new 1009.1 firmware now I can play SOME of my mp4 files that wouldn't play on 1008.1. I will need to compare the files to know exactly why because I encoded all my files with handbrake or mediacoder.

Odd. I'd definitely be interested to know what the difference is between the files that will and won't play. Let me know if you figure anything out.
post #81 of 1614 Old 04-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Advanced Member

Cross posting again...I wish they would merge these 2 threads so that we could have a bigger pool to get info from. Most of the other BD thread models are combined.

Anyway.....

Anyone else having semi frequent re-buffering issues with Netflix since the FW update?

I have a 20Mb connection, of which Speedtest reports an avg. of 18.5 nearly all day every day. The player reports 2.43Mb nearly all the time, which I know is pretty good since that is the max that most are reporting.

I can't confirm it but since last Friday when I updated to .1009 it seems as though my SD and HD movies are constantly buffering. They NEVER buffered before. There are only a few things that I can think of:

1. Time of day. Netflix has overload around and just after dinner time?
2. The FW has a new glitch?
3. I have another BD player hooked up to the same Ethernet switch even though it is off and the Samsung is re-buffering as I type?
4. My mind id playing tricks on me and I will wake up in about 8 hours from the Twilight Zone?.......

Anyone else?

Rob

ÂThe sheriff and his buddies with their samurai swords.....Â
post #82 of 1614 Old 04-05-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highside View Post

Anyone else having semi frequent re-buffering issues with Netflix since the FW update?

I have watched 'The Net' yesterday streamed from Netflix with no problem whatsoever! And like I said before I'm connected to my 6Mbps Internet through power line adapter which gives me only 1.8Mbps bandwidth when tested from the player. I have NOT updated my player's FW though... and I'm not planning on to as everything(keep my fingers crossed) seems to be working as needed...
post #83 of 1614 Old 04-05-2010, 10:24 PM

After re-encoding shorter clips of my movies, Handbrake High Profile setting and it worked. After finding out that it worked, I went and re-encode the whole movie it and now it doesn't play. Wonder if it's a file size issue.... this is driving me nuts.
post #84 of 1614 Old 04-06-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmeyer View Post

Has anyone gotten rovi to work?

It works for me. I used the local listings guide for 95130.
post #85 of 1614 Old 04-06-2010, 09:04 AM

I tried the new firmware 1009.1 and it didn't affect the three issues I'm having:
1) Won't play embedded subs in mkv files.
2) Video skips on mkv's with multiple audio tracks.
3) Component Output forced to 4:3 480i if HDMI hooked up to receiver for audio.
post #86 of 1614 Old 04-06-2010, 09:10 AM

wondering, do any of you actually use a bluray player as intended, as a bluray player? would be nice if people actually commented on its quality so that people in the market to buy a bluray player will have an informed decisions.

thanks. so, how is it as a bluray player.
post #87 of 1614 Old 04-06-2010, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbobx View Post

wondering, do any of you actually use a bluray player as intended, as a bluray player? would be nice if people actually commented on its quality so that people in the market to buy a bluray player will have an informed decisions.

thanks. so, how is it as a bluray player.

I think you will find most Blu-ray players play Blu-ray discs with the same video quality. So it often comes down to other features and if folks find bugs or other player issues.

I've so far not had any playback issues of either Blu-ray or standard DVD.

I've don't see a major difference with DVD upconversion when compared with my Oppo OPD971H DVD player - but caveat I'm using a 720P PJ.

If your looking for a player that decodes all the lossless audio formats and passes everthing over HDMI then this is a good choice.

It also has other features that you might be interested in - like Netflix and AllShare, but also does not include things like 7-1 anolog adio output, capability to support 3D etc.

index on 1st post

post #88 of 1614 Old 04-06-2010, 02:08 PM

ok, thanks, i am just looking for a good quality bluray player thats cheap and plays divx.
post #89 of 1614 Old 04-07-2010, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Has anyone got AVI files to with this player via the Samsung PC Share Manager?

If you have can you post a working file to test.

I cannot get any AVI from various sources and Samsung just say it cannot be a supported video or audio codec.

[EDIT] Also anyone know of a utility/converter that can display the files video/audio codec?

index on 1st post

post #90 of 1614 Old 04-07-2010, 08:09 AM
rdn
Advanced Member

I haven't had any issues with AVI files (streamed from my Mac with EyeConnect). I use Mediainfo to display file information, including codecs.

Bob
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Samsung Bd C5500 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - C5500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page