Forum Jump: 

post #1081 of 1614 Old 04-27-2011, 07:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamisonia View Post

really? I've worked with 3 different BD C5500s (one I exchanged, and the current one, and my parents have one) and all of them had the same issue. If your audio is set to Bitstream(audiophile) and you play a disc the netflix audio is lost. I know people have mentioned having this issue in this thread in the past.

I have mine set to Bitstream(Audiophile). Theirs also a Bitstream(Re-encode). Which one are you using? I never tried going from a movie then tried netflix. I'll usually watch one or the other. Two movies back to back are rare for me. I also noticed Samsung added the Facebook App back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1082 of 1614 Old 04-27-2011, 10:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I use Bitstream Re-Encode, and it has the same symptom: if I play a disc first, there's no sound in Netflix until I turn the player off and on again.
post #1083 of 1614 Old 04-28-2011, 08:06 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I use Audiophile, too, and had no problems with Netflix ... UNTIL I had an external hard drive plugged into the front USB port. Netflix streamed movies which previously had sound were silent. I unplugged the hard drive and everything was fine.

This doesn't happen with a plain USB memory key (64GB) plugged in.

(I am not using the latest firmware.)

BTW, the December firmware update that I downloaded and applied to the player when I bought it in February has no screensaver fault that I can tell.

Modest "theater": Samsung UN40ES6150, Panasonic BDT210, Yamaha RXV775. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center.
post #1084 of 1614 Old 04-28-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
I use Audiophile, too, and had no problems with Netflix ... UNTIL I had an external hard drive plugged into the front USB port.
I just tried it, going from blu to netflix. No audio drop out. I don't have anything plugged into my USB. I personally don't care for BD-Live or don't buy movies from Vudo or Cinemanow. Once I watch a movie I'm good. Very few movies I can watch over and over.
post #1085 of 1614 Old 04-28-2011, 04:12 PM

I have mine set to audiophile.
post #1086 of 1614 Old 04-29-2011, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep-It-Real View Post

I have mine set to Bitstream(Audiophile). Theirs also a Bitstream(Re-encode). Which one are you using? I never tried going from a movie then tried netflix. I'll usually watch one or the other. Two movies back to back are rare for me. I also noticed Samsung added the Facebook App back.

i did not get the FB APP back !
post #1087 of 1614 Old 04-29-2011, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbert26 View Post

i did not get the FB APP back !

Go into the apps menu, then choose lifestyle it's on the second page. Download it, then you have to re-do the the user name and password again.
post #1088 of 1614 Old 04-29-2011, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Has anyone had any adverse effects (other than facebook) to the new update?

Website just lists:

Ver.1021.1 Apr.22.2011
- Improve specific disc's playback capability.

=====================================
My HT Thread index on 1st post
Samsung AllShare and Internet@TV Discussion
post #1089 of 1614 Old 04-29-2011, 10:19 AM

I was wondering if anyone knew how or if it is possible when a disc is inserted into the machine that it goes right to the disc menu instead ofgoing through the ads and other stuff? Thanks in advance.
post #1090 of 1614 Old 04-29-2011, 10:33 AM

figured out my screen saver issue my tv has some kind of auto backlight control disabled that and now my ir receiver is not lighting up solid everytime it goes to the black background screensaver. works like a champ now. had a similar issue with my cable box didn't like the ambient light control being turned on so i figured it had to be something similar so just started disabling features one by one.
post #1091 of 1614 Old 04-29-2011, 10:42 AM

Liked: 11
I haven't figured out how to turn-off or extend the screen-saver timing on the Samsung player.

Any ideas?

Kurt
post #1092 of 1614 Old 04-29-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep-It-Real View Post

Go into the apps menu, then choose lifestyle it's on the second page. Download it, then you have to re-do the the user name and password again.

this time when i hit internet @ TV it automaticly updated and put itself back in. I only had to press the red A button and reenter password and i was right in.
post #1093 of 1614 Old 04-29-2011, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhargrave View Post

I was wondering if anyone knew how or if it is possible when a disc is inserted into the machine that it goes right to the disc menu instead ofgoing through the ads and other stuff? Thanks in advance.

That's an authoring option of the studios. Many have taken to giving you the "movie theater experience" complete with trailers beforehand. About the only thing I can do is hit the "chapter button" to quickly get through the trailers. Not all studios do this and the disc menu button will work on those DVDs and Blurays.
post #1094 of 1614 Old 04-29-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kws53 View Post

I haven't figured out how to turn-off or extend the screen-saver timing on the Samsung player.

Any ideas?

Kurt

same here i appreciate them including it but they should give people the option to disable/extend the time
post #1095 of 1614 Old 04-30-2011, 10:20 AM

Me habÃ*a pasado lo mismo después de actualizar la version de firmware 1021.4, se habÃ*a eliminado el facebook. Ayer, entré nuevamente en la sección de Apps y vÃ* que volvio a aparecer Facebook para instalar, lo instalé y funciona perfectamente. Vean si les aparece a ustedes también, muchas suerte! Saludos desde Argentina.

I had been the same after updating the firmware version 1021.4, was removed from facebook. Yesterday, I went back into the Apps section and saw that reappeared Facebook to install, I installed it and it works perfectly. See if they appear to you as well, good luck! Greetings from Argentina.
post #1096 of 1614 Old 04-30-2011, 01:21 PM

Is there a resource or ability to go back in Firmware version? I should have known better since it was working perfectly for me, but I installed the newest Firmware now I get flashing green bars upon certain disc and USB playback ( no picture or sound, just green bars ). The menu system and Netflix work, as do specific movies on my USB/Discs. All worked previously.

This really sucks.
post #1097 of 1614 Old 04-30-2011, 01:31 PM

Turns out no discs are working now.
post #1098 of 1614 Old 05-01-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryankenn View Post

Is there a resource or ability to go back in Firmware version? I should have known better since it was working perfectly for me, but I installed the newest Firmware now I get flashing green bars upon certain disc and USB playback ( no picture or sound, just green bars ). The menu system and Netflix work, as do specific movies on my USB/Discs. All worked previously.

This really sucks.

You can't go back from a firmware. Try a reset on the player. With the player off hold the stop button for 10 seconds. It will reset your player back to original specs but the last firmware will still be their.
post #1099 of 1614 Old 05-02-2011, 02:47 PM

Has anyone come across a bug where you're watching a divx / xvid (not sure which format actually) - in this case via USB to external HD - and during the content, the frame rate suddenly changes. From being smooth to being jerky, as if every second (or 2nd + 3rd) frame is being dropped? Stop the player, advance the same place - all fine. It's a glitch.

Otherwise I think the player is far from perfect (understatement) for various reasons: 1: if you stop and press play it has not stored the position so begins at the beginning (my 5yr old DVD player could do this); 2: the forward and rewind is pathetic - it will take ages to advance xx minutes even on 3x / max speed irrespective of content type - my PS3 will advance @ what is stages is 100x (bloody fast); and 3: it's not able to make any sort of chapter creation as per the PS3, so you tediously have to wait for ages manually scanning the content.

This unit is therefore relegated as a back-up only if Cinavia is embedded within a movie file and gives my PS3 hell.

I'm interested in seeing if there is fix for the frame dropping issue and whether anyone else has experienced it.
post #1100 of 1614 Old 05-06-2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewbaddeley View Post
Has anyone come across a bug where you're watching a divx / xvid (not sure which format actually) - in this case via USB to external HD - and during the content, the frame rate suddenly changes. From being smooth to being jerky, as if every second (or 2nd + 3rd) frame is being dropped? Stop the player, advance the same place - all fine. It's a glitch.

Otherwise I think the player is far from perfect (understatement) for various reasons: 1: if you stop and press play it has not stored the position so begins at the beginning (my 5yr old DVD player could do this); 2: the forward and rewind is pathetic - it will take ages to advance xx minutes even on 3x / max speed irrespective of content type - my PS3 will advance @ what is stages is 100x (bloody fast); and 3: it's not able to make any sort of chapter creation as per the PS3, so you tediously have to wait for ages manually scanning the content.

This unit is therefore relegated as a back-up only if Cinavia is embedded within a movie file and gives my PS3 hell.

I'm interested in seeing if there is fix for the frame dropping issue and whether anyone else has experienced it.
I have the same exact problem with the frame rate messing up. This happens on multiple formats: xvid, divx, and mkv, And it appears to only happen when using an external device. I've had this problem using a card reader with a SD card, a 4 GB thumb drive, and an external 200 GB hard drive. They all have this problem. But there is no issue with discs or Netflix streams. However, I have not tried these same files streamed from my PC. The one way I correct it is with a quick rewind. Then it seems to fix itself, but sometimes it will happen again.

I, too, dislike the other issues you pointed out: the forward/rewind and when the player doesn't remember where you left off in a movie. These are glaring issues that need to be resolved as a basic player should do these properly.

One feature I would love is being able to network copy a file from my PC to my external device that is attached to the player (or can this already be done? I haven't found a way). Moving my drive back and forth gets old.
post #1101 of 1614 Old 05-10-2011, 11:40 PM

Today I went to pick up a Tenda Portable Wireless AP/Router. I set it to Client+AP Mode and hooked it up directly to my C5500 using an ethernet cable. When I press "network test", it says the Gateway Ping failed. The setup I'm using is [Cable box]->[Wireless Router], and then [Portable Wireless Router]->[C5500 Bluray player]. Can anyone tell me what I can do to get internet working on the bluray player using this setup please?
post #1102 of 1614 Old 05-11-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmpureya View Post

Today I went to pick up a Tenda Portable Wireless AP/Router. I set it to Client+AP Mode and hooked it up directly to my C5500 using an ethernet cable. When I press "network test", it says the Gateway Ping failed. The setup I'm using is [Cable box]->[Wireless Router], and then [Portable Wireless Router]->[C5500 Bluray player]. Can anyone tell me what I can do to get internet working on the bluray player using this setup please?

I'm not familiar with the Tenda device but I think you want a Bridge not an Access Point. I have the same setup but I use DLink's DAP-1522 Wireless Bridge/Access Point configured as a bridge.
post #1103 of 1614 Old 05-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
As the next person said, it needs to be set as an Access Point (since has AP in name must have it). May need to hook Tenda to PC first to set up its settings. By [Cable box]->[Wireless Router] I assume you mean cable modem. Assume your PC comes out of the same router and works. Make sure the PC works through the first router (to internet) first. Maybe hook PC to AP to test that it gets out first too before hooking to BD. You also may need to set up passwords and stuff for security in the C5500 to see the network. /Dan
post #1104 of 1614 Old 05-11-2011, 09:06 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

Try looking for networking assistance at DSLREPORTS.COM. Sounds like you're trying to set the new wireless AP as a bridge.

If you connect a laptop to the Tenda and can't get to the internet, then your networking is set up wrong.

Modest "theater": Samsung UN40ES6150, Panasonic BDT210, Yamaha RXV775. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center.
post #1105 of 1614 Old 05-24-2011, 12:30 PM

I appreciate all the feedback! I will try and figure it out asap. I've been out of town for a while, so I could not work on it. I believe I set it up to be a bridge? I had connected it to my computer to configure it from the default AP Mode into the Client+AP Mode (which I beliieve is the bridge. "it repeats and amplifies the wireless signals while at the same time transmitting and receiving data." I hadn't tried connecting a computer to the tenda wireless router yet, so I should probably try that next. I will check dslreports.com after I try connecting my pc to the router. I also have not set any passwords/security up in the C5500..but I figured I couldn't do that until after I connected it to the internet haha. Once again, thanks for all the help! I will try what was suggested, and post here again after I get some results.

Note: [Cable box] did mean [Cable modem], sorry for the confusion.
post #1106 of 1614 Old 05-25-2011, 09:31 AM

I've seen a couple posts about FB disappearing (and possibly reappearing) and one post where it appears to have trashed the player.

Has anyone installed this without problems?
post #1107 of 1614 Old 05-25-2011, 09:54 AM

I have the latest update and I haven't had any problems. Not sure about FB or not. I don't use it on this device. Id' rather use my notebook or iPhone.
post #1108 of 1614 Old 05-26-2011, 10:22 AM

I reset mine last night and facebook reinstalled, does anyone know how to make this unit read regular dvd format on a regular basis mine only reads them 50% of the time, I have to put in the disk then power off the unit and turn it back on then it works.
post #1109 of 1614 Old 05-29-2011, 08:41 AM

Is anyone else having this issue
post #1110 of 1614 Old 05-29-2011, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Sounds like a defective unit, possibly a bad loader.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Samsung Bd C5500 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - C5500 by PriceGrabber.com