post #1141 of 1614 Old 06-16-2011, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by copytechman View Post

You can type a letter or 3 [Netflix] before the "searching" indicator locks up and nothing except the power button works on the front of the player.. Anyone seen this? Thoughts???

Yes, I have seen this a couple of times lately. It's repeatable with specific letter combinations, while most Netflix searches still work. I think it's a Netflix problem. "hou" did it for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1142 of 1614 Old 06-16-2011, 04:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Interesting, it didnt seem to be tied to specific combinations to me "tru" did it, just pressing "i" did it at least once, I hope its a netflix issue and not the player. The player generally works really well otherwise.. Except for vimeo of course!

Regards!
A.
post #1143 of 1614 Old 06-17-2011, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesdp View Post

Nobody knows (including apparently Vimeo). For some people it has always worked. For others it has never worked. Nobody seems to have converted from one group to the other. I have a friend who also bought the BD-C5500 at the same time as me, uses the same ISP, and Vimeo works for him and not for me. We're both on the latest firmware. Doesn't seem to be a networking issue (I tried changing routers, and putting the player into the DMZ). My theory is that either the Vimeo server is incorrectly blocking certain Samsung serial numbers due to an error at their end, or there's a bug triggered by the order of loading apps which hasn't been identified yet. Why they wouldn't have been able to fix that in 3 months I don't know.

With the latest Internet @TV update, Vimeo was updated. I can now link my Vimeo account with the Blu-Ray Player, search for titles, add videos to 'watch later', etc.

The only that doesn't work is playing a video. When you press 'play' nothing happens. If you hit the select button, nothing happens.

XBL: mmjp08 PSN: mikeny1
post #1144 of 1614 Old 06-17-2011, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 93
The player seems to be loading or doing something strange with codecs. When you ran Vimeo had you been running anything else? We all know that if we play a DVD or BD and then go to Netflix we get no audio. Last night I was playing around with streaming video from an Android tablet media server and after playing a few videos that way and going to a USB stick on the player it refused to play the same kind of videos even though I had played them before. I turned player off and back on and then it would play them. Weird! Vimeo has always played for me.
post #1145 of 1614 Old 06-18-2011, 04:23 AM

I tried vimeo (again) after the most recent update with zero change.. I've pretty much given up on it for now! Once upon a time when I first got the player it worked but it hasnt worked in months now!

Regards!
A.
post #1146 of 1614 Old 06-18-2011, 08:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post

When you ran Vimeo had you been running anything else?

Nope.

post #1147 of 1614 Old 06-18-2011, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Go to the Vimeo support forum, search for the latest Samsung thread (there have been several since January), skip over the latest excuses "we're looking into it", "we're on vacation right now" etc., and add your request to Vimeo to fix their Samsung app so they don't forget about it.
post #1148 of 1614 Old 06-19-2011, 07:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Update: Vimeo is now working with the latest update! Finally!
post #1149 of 1614 Old 06-20-2011, 06:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Update: Vimeo is now working with the latest update! Finally!

Is this with a Vimeo updated or Samsung update? I still get no response when I try to play any videos. It still initially times out but then seems to work. However videos don't play.

I'm trying to post about this on the Vimeo help forum but just like last night, it says "posting" while being grayed out and the cursor indefinitely spins. I'm logged in to my Vimeo account. I've tried with Chrome and IE. It's like a bad joke.

post #1150 of 1614 Old 06-20-2011, 06:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeny View Post

Is this with a Vimeo updated or Samsung update?

This is after the latest Vimeo app update (I'm still on firmware 1020 since nobody has reported anything good about 1021.4). I was finally able to get a player ID code and connect the player to my Vimeo account successfully for the first time. Videos don't always start reliably, sometimes needing a 2nd try, but streaming was fine, and I was able to access everything.
post #1151 of 1614 Old 06-21-2011, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
This is after the latest Vimeo app update (I'm still on firmware 1020 since nobody has reported anything good about 1021.4). I was finally able to get a player ID code and connect the player to my Vimeo account successfully for the first time. Videos don't always start reliably, sometimes needing a 2nd try, but streaming was fine, and I was able to access everything.
I'm on 1021.4 and there's absolutely no response when I click 'play'. As for not being able to post on Vimeo's website, once I verified my email address, it went right away. I posted on the Help Forum there: http://www.vimeo.com/forums/topic:39470
Samsung BD-C5500 Vimeo App Videos Don't Play
The latest update on the Samsung BD-C5500 has enabled me to be able to login. I can search and use all the features of the app. However the videos don't play. If I click 'play' there is no response. If I select the 'enter/select' button, they don't play either. There's no response. Please help. Thanks.

post #1152 of 1614 Old 06-21-2011, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeny View Post

The latest update on the Samsung BD-C5500 has enabled me to be able to login [to Vimeo]. I can search and use all the features of the app. However the videos don't play. If I click 'play' there is no response. If I select the 'enter/select' button, they don't play either. There's no response.

I sometimes have to click Enter twice, because the video doesn't start or it goes into Pause mode instead of playing right away. Do you see the control box appear on the screen after you select the video to play? (Play/pause, FF, RW controls)

Can you play Vimeo videos successfully on your PC from the same home IP address? (to be sure it isn't an internet connection problem between you and Vimeo)
post #1153 of 1614 Old 06-21-2011, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I sometimes have to click Enter twice, because the video doesn't start or it goes into Pause mode instead of playing right away. Do you see the control box appear on the screen after you select the video to play? (Play/pause, FF, RW controls)

Can you play Vimeo videos successfully on your PC from the same home IP address? (to be sure it isn't an internet connection problem between you and Vimeo)

I do see the control box but no matter how many times I click Play or Enter, it doesn't respond. It responds to everything else. They play normally on my computers.

post #1154 of 1614 Old 06-21-2011, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

It's working!

Out of curiosity I logged in to the Internet@TV Apps prior to launching Vimeo. It did not time-out after starting the app. Also this time when I selected a video from "play later" and selected the "play" icon it played!!

To test if logging into to Internet@TV Apps actually made the difference, I exited Vimeo and logged myself out of Internet@TV Apps. I went back into Vimeo and it still worked.

Therefore, I can't explain it but it's working normally today.

Edit: Now that I'm thinking about I wonder if the process of getting my Vimeo email address verified earlier today caused it to work.

post #1155 of 1614 Old 06-22-2011, 06:38 PM

Well just for giggles I thought I'd try again (Vimeo), removed the app and reinstalled it. Ah well I guess its just not in the cards for me! Still no joy!

Regards!
A.
post #1156 of 1614 Old 06-23-2011, 07:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well just for giggles I thought I'd try again (Vimeo), removed the app and reinstalled it. Ah well I guess its just not in the cards for me! Still no joy!

Regards!
A.

Are you a subscribed member of Vimeo with a verified email address? Did you get the latest Vimeo update through the Blu-ray player? Can you link your account Vimeo account with the Samsung App? What happens when you try to use it?

post #1157 of 1614 Old 06-23-2011, 07:09 PM

Are you a subscribed member of Vimeo with a verified email address?

Yes

Did you get the latest Vimeo update through the Blu-ray player?

Yes

Can you link your account Vimeo account with the Samsung App?

No

What happens when you try to use it?

Says failed to login basically try again later.

Regards!
A.
post #1158 of 1614 Old 06-23-2011, 10:58 PM
AVS Special Member

What Samsung firmware version do you have?

When you select the Vimeo app to download from the Samsung app store, what is the date on it?
post #1159 of 1614 Old 06-24-2011, 03:23 AM

Hi,

I recently purchased a samsung D5500 from U.S. , however I am in europe. So the player is not playing the disc with this region.

I have searched through the forums, find a way to change the region with some codes but all these methods are not working with U.S. version players.

So I would like to ask that if someone knows a valid way to make this player changing the REGION ?

Best Regards

-Ugur
post #1160 of 1614 Old 06-24-2011, 06:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugurunnu View Post

...So I would like to ask that if someone knows a valid way to make this player changing the REGION ?
-Ugur

Not sure what forum sites you've tried, but videohelp.com may have a region code hack for you. Best to look for hack to make it region free (code 9 I think).

When in doubt, do the right thing.
post #1161 of 1614 Old 06-24-2011, 09:48 AM

Latest update from samsung and I'd have to get back to you on the vimeo app date! Stay tuned.

Regards!
A.
post #1162 of 1614 Old 06-24-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgooter View Post

Not sure what forum sites you've tried, but videohelp.com may have a region code hack for you. Best to look for hack to make it region free (code 9 I think).

Hi,

I was mentioning the one you have specified
unfortunately, that trick is not valid for just U.S. REGION players. Everyone else suceeded except U.S. players

Thanks, but i think i need another solution.
post #1163 of 1614 Old 06-24-2011, 01:04 PM

I've had my player for about 4 months and LOVE it! However, I experienced my first problem last night: the front USB port stopped recognizing my card readers.

I have been using a card reader to read movies from a 4GB SD card. No problems until yesterday -- I plugged into the front USB port, then card reader got power (light turned on), but the "drive" never showed up in the Devices menu. I never received the message about thep player recognizing a new USB drive either.

I then tried a different card reader -- same results: power, but no question, and no Device recognition. :-(

Powered the player off/on several times, to no avail. Looked through Settings but found nothing about the USB ports. (I didn't try the back port because my wireless dongle plugs in there... which works fine.)

The card definitely has movies and is easily readable and recognized by my Samsung TV in another room.

Anyone else experience this? Is the USB port broken, and the player needs return? Can it be reset somehow?

Thanks,
Mike
post #1164 of 1614 Old 06-24-2011, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Obvious next diagnostic steps:

1. Remove your wireless dongle and plug the USB reader into the rear panel USB port to see if it works there (the rear and the front ports are actually interchangeable).

2. If it doesn't work in either port, try a different SD card, or re-format yours. It might still have a quirky format problem with the Blu-Ray player even if a Samsung TV or a PC can read it. Or the Blu-Ray player might not like something about the media contents on the card.

Worst case, if the front USB port is broken and the rear still works, you can plug in a multi-port USB hub. That's also supported.
post #1165 of 1614 Old 06-26-2011, 07:50 PM

Greetings all,

I've searched this thread for Pandora but nothing comes up with my search request. If I got the search keywords wrong, I apologize in advanced.

Connections:
Samsung BD-C5500 and PC hooked up to a Netgear WNHDE111 bridge.

Firmware:
1021.4. When I try to update it tells me there is no newer updated.

My problem is with Pandora. It'll play for awhile and then it'll say No network connection available, check my connection, etc etc. I'm able to use the PC with no issue. Additionally I can switch to NetFlix and be able to stream a 45 minute HD episode of Sons of Anarchy without a single issue with stuttering. Switch back to Pandora and get the same issue.

Anyone have an idea on what's going on here? Thought I'd ask here to see if anyone else had this issue before dealing with Samsung's "wonderful" customer support.

Thanks
post #1166 of 1614 Old 06-27-2011, 05:31 PM

Hello all,

Can someone please explain why I can't pause, fast forward, or rewind my MP4 files? I can only watch from the beginning. I am a little technologically challenged so please respond in very simple terms I use Vuse to download & convert my AVI files to MP4 to play on the blu ray. Is there any way to fix this? Help!
post #1167 of 1614 Old 06-28-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:

I have 2 of these players, one setup statically (IP) and the other dhcp, both are in different locations using bell (2wire) routers and accessing my netflix account, both have the latest firmware and are exhibiting the symtom of freezing up when using the search function in netflix.. You can type a letter or 3 before the "searching" indicator locks up and nothing except the power button works on the front of the player.. Anyone seen this? Thoughts???

Regards!
A.

Go with the Roku box instead. After months of frustrations with this Blu-ray player freezing up on Netflix, my new Roku works flawlessly. I highly recommend it!
post #1168 of 1614 Old 07-04-2011, 05:26 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdisc View Post

I've had my player for about 4 months and LOVE it! However, I experienced my first problem last night: the front USB port stopped recognizing my card readers.

I have been using a card reader to read movies from a 4GB SD card. No problems until yesterday -- I plugged into the front USB port, then card reader got power (light turned on), but the "drive" never showed up in the Devices menu. I never received the message about thep player recognizing a new USB drive either.

I then tried a different card reader -- same results: power, but no question, and no Device recognition. :-(

Powered the player off/on several times, to no avail. Looked through Settings but found nothing about the USB ports. (I didn't try the back port because my wireless dongle plugs in there... which works fine.)

The card definitely has movies and is easily readable and recognized by my Samsung TV in another room.

Anyone else experience this? Is the USB port broken, and the player needs return? Can it be reset somehow?

Thanks,
Mike

I just bought a BD-D5500C from Costco. I already have Samsung BD-C6900 and BD-C7900 Players. The D5500 will not read my large SD card and reader at all. It works fine in the 2 older Players. I tried it on the front USB port. I saw nothing new in settings. Since I have 2 other Samsung players, I know how it should work. I use a 32 gig Class 10 SD card in an Iogear 56-1 reader/writer formatted to NTFS. A small 2 gb thumb drive is recognized immediately. Anyone have some suggestion. Maybe the port is bad. I hate to swap out the device if it's a compatibility issue. But It does work on my other 2 other Samusng BD Players.

Note: I also tested the card reader with an 8 gb and 1 gb sd card. The BD Player still would not find it.
post #1169 of 1614 Old 07-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBlack View Post
I just bought a BD-D5500C from Costco. I already have Samsung BD-C6900 and BD-C7900 Players. The D5500 will not read my large SD card and reader at all. It works fine in the 2 older Players. I tried it on the front USB port. I saw nothing new in settings. Since I have 2 other Samsung players, I know how it should work. I use a 32 gig Class 10 SD card in an Iogear 56-1 reader/writer formatted to NTFS. A small 2 gb thumb drive is recognized immediately. Anyone have some suggestion. Maybe the port is bad. I hate to swap out the device if it's a compatibility issue. But It does work on my other 2 other Samusng BD Players.

Note: I also tested the card reader with an 8 gb and 1 gb sd card. The BD Player still would not find it.

I tried my 56 in 1 (GFR281) card reader again in both ports on the BD-D5500C. I also used 3 different sized SD cards. The BD player still would not recognize anything. Samsung support said it may be a bad USB port. ( Both???) I hate to exchange it to find out it's the reader and not the BD Player. Again, the reader works fine in my 2010 Samsung BD Players. Anyone get their card reader to work?
post #1170 of 1614 Old 07-05-2011, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 93
I've never had a memory card reader work on the C5500, just USB memory sticks. Readers may need a more complex driver to cover all the types.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Samsung Bd C5500 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page