Official Samsung BD-C5500 master owner's thread - Page 45 - AVS Forum
First ... 43  44  45 46  47  ... Last
Blu-ray Players > Official Samsung BD-C5500 master owner's thread
BritInVA's Avatar BritInVA 01:31 PM 11-28-2011
Any MKV's I find that don't work with <- / -> I quickly run thru mkvmerge but you need to use 3.4.

norbert26's Avatar norbert26 05:56 AM 11-30-2011
i got the 124.0 update. prior to this i was on 122.x update. I had some .avi DVDs i had burned. They were stuttering (a few of them). 124.0 has stopped the stuttering on these. As far as blu rays i never bothered with them i just keep getting DVDs .
norbert26's Avatar norbert26 08:54 AM 11-30-2011
One quick question: How do i turn off updates. In the menu under settings it says auto updates notification on / off but does that stop it from updating ? i know leave DVD in tray stops it OR disconnect from internet will stop it.
in4apenny's Avatar in4apenny 11:48 AM 11-30-2011
I just bought a new receiver a Yamaha RX V671. I notice that my player BD C5500 doesn't have the 7.1 output capability. Do I have to buy a new player to get 7.1 sound? Or does the player send signal to the receiver that can be decoded as 7.1 sound. I apppreciate any responses. I am not very technically gifted
Brian Conrad's Avatar Brian Conrad 12:46 PM 11-30-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbert26 View Post

One quick question: How do i turn off updates. In the menu under settings it says auto updates notification on / off but does that stop it from updating ? i know leave DVD in tray stops it OR disconnect from internet will stop it.

They ask you if you want to do the update now. A friend was by last week and I wanted to show him a DVD and the update dialog came up and I selected cancel and did the update later.
BritInVA's Avatar BritInVA 01:01 PM 11-30-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by in4apenny View Post

I just bought a new receiver a Yamaha RX V671. I notice that my player BD C5500 doesn't have the 7.1 output capability. Do I have to buy a new player to get 7.1 sound? Or does the player send signal to the receiver that can be decoded as 7.1 sound. I apppreciate any responses. I am not very technically gifted

Just connect with HDMI and set the BD C5500 to Btstream (Audiophile) and the Receiver can decode.

Only downside is no secondary audio but most time doubt you will use - and can always change when needed.

Also setting to PCM wil out up to 7.1 via HDMI so might not even notice different and this will decode all audio streams together.

Best bet it try different options with a disc that has 7.1 and see what you like best.
moodysj's Avatar moodysj 07:58 PM 12-06-2011
Bought a Rosewill RNX-N1 wireless adapter and plugged it right into the back. Fired it up and after setup, it connected to my network's router right away. No network issues so far. Got mine for $20 at newegg.
kolombi26's Avatar kolombi26 06:21 PM 12-21-2011
I need to know how to hack My Ht C5500 bluray player so it CAN play any region blu ray disks PLEASE HELP ME
I have s supossed region free blu ray disk I bought it in amazon uk and it does not let me play the disk. I have read there is a way to hack the blu ray system to play my disk.
zaphod7501's Avatar zaphod7501 07:15 AM 12-25-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolombi26 View Post

I need to know how to hack My Ht C5500 bluray player so it CAN play any region blu ray disks PLEASE HELP ME
I have s supossed region free blu ray disk I bought it in amazon uk and it does not let me play the disk. I have read there is a way to hack the blu ray system to play my disk.

Videohelp.com has some listed but they don't seem to work on US models from the feedback I see. "Name" brand machines are usually pretty well locked down.
Jodean's Avatar Jodean 10:02 AM 12-27-2011
Having problems with this player.

Its a BD D5500

Tried watching Cars 2 3D

First 20 mintues seemed ok, then it randomly started repeating a portion of the chapter, not the whole chapter just part of it. It would not bypass this point till i fast forwarded through it.

Thought maybe it was a fluke. Nope it continued throughout the movie.

Also had random jitters and stutters

While fast forward, it would not instantly play upon pressing the buttons, it contiued for at least 5 seconds then stated playing, may have been more like 10 seconds.

Is it the player? return it? or software that could be updated?
mekkerl's Avatar mekkerl 09:32 AM 01-05-2012
I am consistently getting a network drop with my 5500. I need to go upstairs and unplug, restart the Time Warner router it is plugged into. Then it usually works again...for a limited time.

Just tried watching a movie trailer on Vudu last night...about 20 seconds in, the connection was dropped.

I have the 5500 hardwired directly to the router.
Could something else in the house be using the same mac address or ip address?
Is there something in the 5500 settings I should change?

Any ideas?
MacAttack103's Avatar MacAttack103 10:24 PM 01-10-2012
Some are having luck with the Rosewill RNX-N1 adapter running some of the Blu-Ray players wirelessly. It can be had at www.newegg.com for $ 29.99.
It has the same chipset as the Samsung Model WIS09ABGN.
digitalneutron's Avatar digitalneutron 07:47 AM 01-12-2012
Hi All

Having read through the thread it appears that people have managed to FF/RW and skip chapters in MKV files played from the USB port, but when I try on my files it doesnt work. I have encoded them with MakeMKV
I have the latest firmware

Can anyone offer any suggestions
AndyKnott's Avatar AndyKnott 08:27 AM 01-12-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalneutron View Post

Hi All

Having read through the thread it appears that people have managed to FF/RW and skip chapters in MKV files played from the USB port, but when I try on my files it doesnt work. I have encoded them with MakeMKV
I have the latest firmware

Can anyone offer any suggestions

Only works for me (using the latest firmware) if I first remux the .mkv files using mkvmerge 3.4 (Rapunzel) - more recent mkvmerge versions don't solve the problem.
digitalneutron's Avatar digitalneutron 09:31 AM 01-12-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKnott View Post

Only works for me (using the latest firmware) if I first remux the .mkv files using mkvmerge 3.4 (Rapunzel) - more recent mkvmerge versions don't solve the problem.

Cool being a complete novice how do I do that. I downloaded 3.4 is it a case of importing the MKV file and remux or do I have to do something with the chapter editor
digitalneutron's Avatar digitalneutron 01:08 PM 01-12-2012
Quote:

Cool being a complete novice how do I do that. I downloaded 3.4 is it a case of importing the MKV file and remux or do I have to do something with the chapter editor

Okay ran the remux and the ff button now works, thanks fir the info. Damn shame chapter skip doesnt work though
AndyKnott's Avatar AndyKnott 03:05 AM 01-13-2012
Quote:

Okay ran the remux and the ff button now works, thanks fir the info. Damn shame chapter skip doesnt work though

. . . although the option to skip to a specific time using the Tools menu does now work within the remuxed version.
digitalneutron's Avatar digitalneutron 05:26 AM 01-13-2012
Quote:

. . . although the option to skip to a specific time using the Tools menu does now work within the remuxed version.

Ahh okay, is that in the BD menu? Hadn't seen that
AndyKnott's Avatar AndyKnott 07:38 AM 01-13-2012
Quote:

Ahh okay, is that in the BD menu? Hadn't seen that

Yes - see attached manual excerpt . . .
LL
mekkerl's Avatar mekkerl 10:47 AM 01-13-2012
I am interested to learn what others have their settings on in player menu. Mainly in the audio and video section.

I know I need the first audio setting on Audiophile...but there are other selections too.

Any input is appreciated! Thanks!
digitalneutron's Avatar digitalneutron 01:33 PM 01-14-2012
Quote:

mmm that doesnt work for me even aafter remuxing, it only gives the option to skip to the next video
AndyKnott's Avatar AndyKnott 02:29 PM 01-14-2012
Quote:

mmm that doesnt work for me even aafter remuxing, it only gives the option to skip to the next video

You can't scroll down to the "Playing Time" field and enter a value numerically?
digitalneutron's Avatar digitalneutron 03:18 PM 01-14-2012
Quote:

You can't scroll down to the "Playing Time" field and enter a value numerically?

Ah yep your right, you can enter a numerical value. Didnt realise it was editable

Thanks for the help
wreckedchevy's Avatar wreckedchevy 11:32 PM 01-15-2012
also to skip you need to use left/right navigation arrows not the rw/fw buttons.

another note on a previous post my bdc5500 just started dropping the netwok connection constantly so i switched it to auto instead of static ip settings and now it's working fine again.
BritInVA's Avatar BritInVA 07:52 AM 01-16-2012
All my players are set to static IPs (need for a parental control feature in mezzmo) and all mine are stable.
ToppDogg's Avatar ToppDogg 03:58 PM 01-18-2012
Does anyone have the Youtube app working with the new Google login?
mzimmers's Avatar mzimmers 06:13 PM 01-26-2012
So...we've had one of these for a while now. Recently, I tried to enter Vudu through it, and after it churned for awhile, it gave me some error message that I think was alluding to insufficient memory.

Can the memory in these be upgraded? Sorry if this question has been answered earlier in this thread; 47 pages is a lot to wade through.

Thanks!
BritInVA's Avatar BritInVA 07:06 PM 01-26-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzimmers View Post

So...we've had one of these for a while now. Recently, I tried to enter Vudu through it, and after it churned for awhile, it gave me some error message that I think was alluding to insufficient memory.

Can the memory in these be upgraded? Sorry if this question has been answered earlier in this thread; 47 pages is a lot to wade through.

Thanks!

The C5500 has no onboard memory for features - so you just need to plug a USB memory stick in and should work fine.
mzimmers's Avatar mzimmers 07:11 PM 01-26-2012
Really? And it's smart enough to use that memory automatically (without my needing to configure anything), and all will be well? If true, that's pretty impressive.

EDIT: I just tried it, and I suppose progress has been made. It still tells me I don't have enough memory for the Vudu application, but...it comes back with this message much quicker. I glanced at the settings for the device, and couldn't find anything that would tell it to use the memory for Vudu (or anything, for that matter).

The thumb drive I put in was 1 GB, which I have to imagine is big enough; am I just out of luck?
pacofortacos's Avatar pacofortacos 10:55 PM 01-26-2012
How many apps do you have downloaded? Maybe delete some apps to free up some memory.
Tags: Samsung Bd C5500 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player
First ... 43  44  45 46  47  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop