Originally Posted by kws53
Supposedly a fully-featured DLNA server app with customizable scripts for your device - hence we should be able to get the BDC5500 working comfortably.
I can't use the general PLEX server [0.9.5.3], since it seems to transcode everything and shuts down after 20-30 minutes of video.
I've got Plex Media Server 0.9.6.1 and am pretty happy with the Samsung app - a very nice interface but I usually get stability problems after 30 minutes or so of an mkv. If I catch it in time, I can simply stop playback, wait for a bit, then restart. Otherwise it's a power off/on job. Neither's ideal.
So I have had a look at the DLNA server - it connected fine but, for all my mkv files, I got the "File Format Not Supported" response. From the PLEX website forums, it looked like this was due to the dlnaclientprofiles.xml file hidden away in the C:\\Users\\User
\\AppData\\Local\\Plex Media Server\\Plug-ins\\System.bundle\\Contents\\Resources folder assuming that I had an Xbox. I replaced it by http://www.theknotts.myby.co.uk/dlnaclientprofiles.xml
and now mkv files play fine, with no stability problems during the couple of programmes I have watched. FF/RW don't work but the skip arrows do, as does the specify time function within Tools. It's worth keeping a copy of this replacement file, as Plex seems to reinstate the original Xbox version from time to time - no idea why.
One further bit of information - mkv files remuxed with the latest version of mkvMerge (v5.5.0 'Healer') work fine, as long as you add "--clusters-in-meta-seek" from "Muxing" > "Add command line options" prior to the remux. If anyone uses Sickbeard to download / extract / organise TV shows, this can be automated using a simple bat file:
"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MKVtoolnix 5.5.0\\mkvmerge.exe" -o outputfile.mkv "--compression" "0:none" "--compression" "1:none" "-a" "1" "-d" "0" "-S" "-T" "--no-global-tags" "--no-chapters" %1 "--clusters-in-meta-seek"
echo y | del %1
move outputfile.mkv %1