Hello to every BX580 owner or future owner.
I have bought the LG BX580 two months ago and I'm generally very happy by the features and price.
I have made a list of cons based on my 2 months experience:
1) It has stereo only analog output, so you need a receiver with Digital inputs (Optical, HDMI) for multichannel sound - No problem for me (due to AVR)
2) It has only one HDMI output and it is version 1.4. So it needs a receiver with HDMI v1.4 input for 3D Video and Audio - No problem for me (due to AVR)
3) It has no internal decoder for HD Audio (Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, DTS-HD Master Audio). Only DTS and Dolby Digital internal decoder. So it needs an external receiver with HDMI input and HD Audio decoder to pass through (bitstream) the HD Audio.
But there is no support of HD Audio from video files (USB, Optical disk) - MAJOR PROBLEM.
I have tried MKV, M2TS, AVI, MPG files containing any of the HD Audio formats from USB source (external HDD) and optical disk (DVD) with no success.
So the only support of HD Audio that seems to have is BD-ROM disc. I haven't tried it yet.
4) You can't change subtitle attributes (font, size etc) - Minor problem for me.
5) There is no support for VC-1 and WMV video format - No problem for me (due to HTPC and lack of VC-1 movies)
6) No internal memory for BD-LIVE and CD ripping - Minor problem (I have an external USB HDD)
7) Some limitations to MKV files - Minor problem (Some incompatibilities with subtitles format or other unknown reason). But most of the them are OK.
So for me the only major problem is the lack of HD Audio support.
Waiting for your feedback
LG BD670 - Pioneer VSX-920 - SONY KDS-55A2000
Win 8.1 Pro x64 - Core i7-4790 - iGPU HD 4600 - v.3621
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.