Official Panasonic DMP-BDT300/350 Owners Thread - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 931 Old 10-26-2010, 08:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got this response to an email I sent Panasonic today regarding an improved Netflix interface. Looks like I got a pretty canned response back. But, at least they didn't say it would never happen.

Mike T

(Panasonic) Case# xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your inquiry and we apologize for the inconvenience.
At this time, the player does not have this feature and we cannot advise when there will be a firmware update available that will allow you to do this. If this becomes available, the public will be notified.
Thank you for contacting Panasonic.

(Me) On October 26, 2010 at 4:09 PM, xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aside from the standard queue, I would like to know if there will be a firmware update to give the Netflix interface the ability to browse/search movie titles directly from the player? Samsung just released a firmware update giving its players that ability, I would hope that Panasonic does the same. Thanks, Mike T

My BDP-05FD, still going strong and still my favorite player!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 931 Old 10-26-2010, 09:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by william06 View Post

DSD (SACD) Like the OPPO.

DSD is not a BD spec, it's only for SACD and the Panasonic players do not support SACD.

Mike T

post #453 of 931 Old 10-27-2010, 05:09 AM

Mike T,
I have set the audio to decode the pcm in the player, and secondary audio is off. I'm getting lossless pcm on the denon, just in 5.1 (Multi-In+DPIIC) for 7.1 tracks. I've tried a bunch of discs with 7.1 tracks, and they all react this way. It's weird because the PS3 always passed 7.1 via pcm. Any other suggestions?
post #454 of 931 Old 10-27-2010, 06:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-tee View Post

DSD is not a BD spec, it's only for SACD and the Panasonic players do not support SACD.

Mike T

I realize that DSD is not blu ray specific. some players and receivers are equped to transfer and or decode the signal. Oppo for example. The reason I asked is thad I want the two HDMI outputs and I hace a SACD collection and do not want to wait for the new oppo if I can help it. I read some ware that sony and dennon are comming out with a couple of bd players that will be capable of this. Sorry was not trying to beat it to death and thank you for the information. These sound like great players and if not for this issue would purchase one.

post #455 of 931 Old 10-27-2010, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by funguy1517 View Post

Mike T,
I have set the audio to decode the pcm in the player, and secondary audio is off. I'm getting lossless pcm on the denon, just in 5.1 (Multi-In+DPIIC) for 7.1 tracks. I've tried a bunch of discs with 7.1 tracks, and they all react this way. It's weird because the PS3 always passed 7.1 via pcm. Any other suggestions?

Ok, I understand. My audio knowledge is limited but I'm sure you'll get a solution in the audio help thread. BIslander, among others is the resident expert on that thread. I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of a setting in the audio menu.

Here is the link: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...040061&page=43

Mike T

post #456 of 931 Old 10-27-2010, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by william06 View Post

I realize that DSD is not blu ray specific. some players and receivers are equped to transfer and or decode the signal. Oppo for example. The reason I asked is thad I want the two HDMI outputs and I hace a SACD collection and do not want to wait for the new oppo if I can help it. I read some ware that sony and dennon are comming out with a couple of bd players that will be capable of this. Sorry was not trying to beat it to death and thank you for the information. These sound like great players and if not for this issue would purchase one.

Yeah, unfortunately not many BD players support SACD, therefore they won't support DSD. I know that some of the current Sony models support SACD but I don't know if they support DSD or convert to PCM.

As you mentioned, aside from Oppo, Denon's new models may support DSD but it seems to be unknown as to when they will be released. You may just have to wait and see who releases first, the Oppo 93 or the Denon 2011. So, who will win the race, Oppo or Denon?

Btw, I'm guessing that you have an AVR that can decode DSD? Anyway, happy waiting and good luck with your choice!

Mike T

post #457 of 931 Old 10-28-2010, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined View Post

Seriously the player can play MP3/WMA files, but it can't play MP3/WMA off a PC with DLNA, even though it supports DLNA?? How lame is that? I have to admit, I got suckered on this aspect of the player when I bought it.

Same here! Was the main reason I got it. Now I find out that it can't read NTFS as well!! Thanks Panasonic for giving me a player compatible with my Blu-ray MKV's... oh, but no way of getting them on to the F*#&ING thing!

What about exFAT formatted HDD's?
post #458 of 931 Old 10-28-2010, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawoman
It may have been a handshake issue. Sometimes that will happen to me even with Directv DVR. I just change input and go back, or turning off the component and turning back on, anything to force another handshake. This has always corrected the problem for me. Double check your cables to make sure they are securely in place. Try changing the cable. If none of this works then I'd call tech support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurk
I have had my BD350 for 3 months and it was working great. I send video via main HDMI out to my 65VT25, audio via sub HDMI to my Onkyo 875. Subout is always litup in my BD and audio has been flawless. All of a sudden when I tried to play 3D Cloudy with Meatballs, NO AUDIO I re-checked my settings nothing changed. I then set the HDMI audio out to on and I have audio through my Onkyo, this should be used to direct audio to TV, although as I sent only HDMI to TV for video signal and audio to Onkyo I guess with it turned on it sends audio to Onkyo, I still get all the proper audio signals. Any ideas, I will be calling Panasonic shortly.

I got a email response from Panasonic. They asked if I had update firmware, which I do, they wanted me to:

Connect Main HDMI from BD350 to Onkyo Receiver;
Connect HDMI SubOut from BD to TV
Go into setup in 65VT25 and turn of 3D eyeware.

Try this and if I do not have audio or video it is my Onkyo??? I followed this and it worked fine however I could not get HD audio or digital at all. The problem is also intermittent so maybe 2 discs from now the problem will return.

I advised Panasonic that I got video and audio with their setup and that the Onkyo was fine. The asked for where I purchased it, purchase date and copy of receipt, I don't know if they will be replacing or repairing, we'll see. It could be also my Onkyo HDMI circut?

Hurk

Hurk

I just got off the phone with Panasonic, what a waste of time. The technician (use the term losely) did not know anything about the BD350. I got no support whatsoever. He suggested I just use optical out from BD player, then suggested that I use HDIM out from my 65VT25, failing that use the optical out from the TV for audio, bizzar. I asked to speak to someone that new the product or his supervisor but no luck.

My problem still persists, intermitant audio through HDMI Sub Out. I wanted to run Video and Audio both through HDMI sub out, turn it to on and it worked again intermitantly. I think it is the HDMI Sub out circut? One thing that is strange is that for the first 2 months everything was great, I ran HDMI (45') cable direct to TV and sub out to ONKYO for audio. My initial set up as per the Manual for audio- under TV Connection - HDMI Audio Output - set to OFF, as if you set to ON it sends audio to the TV via HDMI. This is how I ran it for 2 months in the off position, all is good. When the audio stopped working I tried by turning this to ON and I seem to get consistent HD audio? I guess as the HDMIsub out goes to receiver and not TV it sends the audio only.

I sent an email complaint to panasonic waiting for a qualified tech to call me.

Hurk
post #459 of 931 Old 10-29-2010, 11:06 AM

Hi all!! I could use some help, I purchased a Panny 58VT25 a few weeks ago and it came with the BDT300 and the 3D starter kit. The main HDMI is going straight to the TV and the sub is going to my Onkyo TXSR805 receiver and I have the sub set to audio only. I did upgrade the firmware on both the TV and the BDT300 after I installed them. My issue is the BDT300 worked fine the first couple of times that I used it playing Ice Age 3D, however I tried the same movie a few days ago and it kept saying "No Disc" when the disc was in. I had to reset the settings to default and re-do everything and it worked. Well last night the same thing occured. But this time resetting to default didn't work but after cycling the power it read the disc. Any info on this? or am I screwed and have to call Panasonic? Thanks in advance.
post #460 of 931 Old 11-01-2010, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi1twin View Post

What about exFAT formatted HDD's?

Look at me, quoting myself...

I just read a heap of reports from Feb 2010 re: Panasonic and Microsoft singing licencing agreemements to the use of exFAT firmware? So Why haven't Panasonic released this in their products yet?

This would save MASSIVE headaches with HD video sharing?
post #461 of 931 Old 11-02-2010, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad1675 View Post

Hi all!! I could use some help, I purchased a Panny 58VT25 a few weeks ago and it came with the BDT300 and the 3D starter kit. The main HDMI is going straight to the TV and the sub is going to my Onkyo TXSR805 receiver and I have the sub set to audio only. I did upgrade the firmware on both the TV and the BDT300 after I installed them. My issue is the BDT300 worked fine the first couple of times that I used it playing Ice Age 3D, however I tried the same movie a few days ago and it kept saying "No Disc" when the disc was in. I had to reset the settings to default and re-do everything and it worked. Well last night the same thing occured. But this time resetting to default didn't work but after cycling the power it read the disc. Any info on this? or am I screwed and have to call Panasonic? Thanks in advance.

I had similar issues with both the IceAge and Coraline discs. If I played one, the other would report "No Disc" error and visa-versa until I reset everything.

Issues appears to be clear up since I upgraded firmware to v 1.61... but I haven't watched those disc too much since upgrade.
Firmware update fixed other loading issues I had with other BD discs
post #462 of 931 Old 11-03-2010, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorgan View Post

I had similar issues with both the IceAge and Coraline discs. If I played one, the other would report "No Disc" error and visa-versa until I reset everything.

Issues appears to be clear up since I upgraded firmware to v 1.61... but I haven't watched those disc too much since upgrade.
Firmware update fixed other loading issues I had with other BD discs

Thanks, I'll have to check what version I have. Did version 1.61 come out within the past couple weeks? Because when I received my player a few weeks ago I upgraded to the latest version then.
post #463 of 931 Old 11-04-2010, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
For those of you all using this player with a Mitsubishi DLP I have some questions questions:
1. If I go into settings and set it for checkerboard and then when I play a 3D BR it will be 3D, right?
2. Once I set checkerboard in the panny is it permenetly set until I change it?
3. What if I watch a 2D movie, how does this work? Does the panny know what is and isn't 3D or it is always putting video out as checkerboard? (not good for mitsubishi as resolution is less so obviously that would suck for 2d movies).
Basically I want to be able to set the settings in the panny to checkerboard but only have it out checkerboard when a 3D BR is being played and when I put in a 2D movie I want a non-checkerboard signal coming into my tv.
post #464 of 931 Old 11-05-2010, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 25
For those of you all using this player with a Mitsubishi DLP I have some questions questions:
1. If I go into settings and set it for checkerboard and then when I play a 3D BR it will be 3D, right?

It depends on which model DLP you have. The 2007 models (XX833 series) have to be set to "Game" in order for the 3D to work. I have to change to my HDMI2 which is "Game" when watching 3D.

2. Once I set checkerboard in the panny is it permenetly set until I change it?

Yes

3. What if I watch a 2D movie, how does this work? Does the panny know what is and isn't 3D or it is always putting video out as checkerboard? (not good for mitsubishi as resolution is less so obviously that would suck for 2d movies).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think "checkerboard" applies when watching 2D so you can leave it on "checkerboard" all the time for a Mits DLP TV.

Basically I want to be able to set the settings in the panny to checkerboard but only have it out checkerboard when a 3D BR is being played and when I put in a 2D movie I want a non-checkerboard signal coming into my tv.

I watch the non-3D movies on HDMI1 and the 3D movies on HDMI2 on my Mits 73833.

lujan
654 Blu-ray
19 HD DVD
6 DVD
post #465 of 931 Old 11-05-2010, 11:13 PM

My BDT300 has some problems on Blu-ray playback after upgrading 1.61 firmware. Is it possible to downgrade to previous 1.51 firmware? Thanks
post #466 of 931 Old 11-06-2010, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Hello...my first post here
I just ordered a 3D television and it is in transit to me now..Supposed to be here Wed of next week
I need a blu ray player that has 2 HDMI outs since my current set up is only 1.3 capable
Any way...I see the Bt-300 and Bt350 fit the bill. Both are still available..on on clearnace..at Best Buy's in my area

The DLNA being the difference in the two

what is DLNA?

Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 64F8500 Onkyo 5508 prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp Atlantic technology System 350 THX Ultra speakers
Rm 2 LG 47LE8500 Pioneer SC37 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 51E8000 Yamaha A2010 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Panasonic 50ST50 Onkyo 5009/906 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
post #467 of 931 Old 11-06-2010, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member

DLNA is a protocol for media sharing on your network. The implementation on the 350 is so poorly done, go for the 300.

Jim White
St. Petersburg, FL
post #468 of 931 Old 11-06-2010, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Thanks for the info.Sounds like the plan that I am going to run with...and they still have the 300 new in the box vs open box 350's

Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 64F8500 Onkyo 5508 prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp Atlantic technology System 350 THX Ultra speakers
Rm 2 LG 47LE8500 Pioneer SC37 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 51E8000 Yamaha A2010 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Panasonic 50ST50 Onkyo 5009/906 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
post #469 of 931 Old 11-07-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwhite View Post

DLNA is a protocol for media sharing on your network.

Don't expect it to be anything fantasic either. The DLNA is VERY ordinary on the 300 (aus). If you can get hold of a 500Gb+ FAT32 formatted HDD, and keep your DivX HD's under 4Gb, this player is the absolute business!
post #470 of 931 Old 11-08-2010, 12:26 AM

"500Gb+ FAT32 formatted HDD, and keep your DivX HD's under 4Gb"

Far too large a constraint.
post #471 of 931 Old 11-08-2010, 03:24 AM

Evi1twin have you had success with a drive that size?
If so what brand and size was it?
USB powered or with it's own power supply?

I've tried multiple hard drives with no luck.
post #472 of 931 Old 11-08-2010, 04:49 AM

Hello,

I recently purchased a vt25 TV. I also got a bdt350 blu ray player with it. My original plan was to buy a PS3 move (which I am still planning to do) and use it as a 3d bluray / dvd player.

I am very disappointed with dlna or lack thereof with the bdt 350. I am still able to return it. The ps3 will solve my streaming issues.

How does the ps3 compare in terms of bluray (3d and 2d) and dvd functionality vs the bdt350. I heard that the ps3 is much better at upconverting standard dvds compared to a stand alone blu ray player. But I also heard that there is a lot of of fan noise.

I read that the ps3 does not support Dolby tru-hd and DTS-HD MA in 3d mode.....what does this mean? How significant is it?

Since I am gong to buy a ps3 anyway, should I keep my bdt 350 or just use the ps3 for everything.

Thank-you in advance to anyone who can help me with my decision.
post #473 of 931 Old 11-08-2010, 06:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Life is grand
I set up my Panny BD350 with the two HDMI cables, one to Panny 54VT25, one to my Onkyo TX-705 rcvr. No sound via the Onkyo unless I enable video on the HDMI sub connection. Plop in a 3d BluRay and it tells me I have to turn off the video on the sub connection... beautiful 3D with no sound

Jim White
St. Petersburg, FL
post #474 of 931 Old 11-08-2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsplace View Post

Hello,

I recently purchased a vt25 TV. I also got a bdt350 blu ray player with it. My original plan was to buy a PS3 move (which I am still planning to do) and use it as a 3d bluray / dvd player.

I am very disappointed with dlna or lack thereof with the bdt 350. I am still able to return it. The ps3 will solve my streaming issues.

How does the ps3 compare in terms of bluray (3d and 2d) and dvd functionality vs the bdt350. I heard that the ps3 is much better at upconverting standard dvds compared to a stand alone blu ray player. But I also heard that there is a lot of of fan noise.

I read that the ps3 does not support Dolby tru-hd and DTS-HD MA in 3d mode.....what does this mean? How significant is it?

Since I am gong to buy a ps3 anyway, should I keep my bdt 350 or just use the ps3 for everything.

Thank-you in advance to anyone who can help me with my decision.

The PS3 will partially solve your streaming issues. It's not as good as a dedicated streamer. There are many video formats and containers that the PS3 won't stream. Of course, the 350 is much much worse in that reguard.

I have an older PS3 (gen2) and the fan noise can, at times, be oppressive. Otherwise I don't notice a difference, if any, in the upconverting capabilities between the two.

In so far as playing BDs (2D&3D), I don't notice a difference. At this time, the PS3 can't do the HiDef audio formats while in 3D mode. That was actually the deal breaker for me. I don't think it will ever be able to do them in 3D mode because of bandwidth issues. The significance is the value you place on HiDef audio. And whether you have the additional hardware to take advantage of it.

I don't play games, so I got rid of the PS3. But the poor streaming of the 350 caused me to buy a zinwell 5005 for that purpose.
post #475 of 931 Old 11-08-2010, 08:42 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwhite View Post

Life is grand
I set up my Panny BD350 with the two HDMI cables, one to Panny 54VT25, one to my Onkyo TX-705 rcvr. No sound via the Onkyo unless I enable video on the HDMI sub connection. Plop in a 3d BluRay and it tells me I have to turn off the video on the sub connection... beautiful 3D with no sound

What firmware do you have on the Panny 350? The latest firmware update (Ver 1.61) for your Panny BDT350 should fix the problem, allowing you to turn off the video on the sub connection.

Check your firmware and if necessary, update to Ver 1.61 and see if that helps.
post #476 of 931 Old 11-09-2010, 11:44 AM

Hello everyone. First post here.

I just recently upgraded to a Panasonic 65VT25 and BDT300. I already had an Onkyo 805 that I wanted to keep using, but like some of the other posters here I can't get any audio from the HDMI sub on the 300.

I have found a work around that works for me, but its not one that I am satisfied with.

I have the latest firmware for the VT25 and the 300. The HDMI sub is set to V. off, HDMI audio is on and secondary audio is off. Any Blu Ray I have tried to play I get no audio and the Onkyo will flash Dolby True HD, or DTS master about every 5 seconds.

I have the Main HDMI from the 300 connected to HDMI 1 on the VT25. I also have the HDMI out from the Onkyo connected to HDMI 2 on the VT25 for all my other devices.

What I found after many hours of frustration, if I disconnect the Onkyo's HDMI out from the VT25 I will get audio from the 300. Connect the Onkyo back to the HDMI 2 on the VT25 and I lose sound from the BD player.

I'm guessing the Onkyo thinks it needs to pass the audio signal from the sub HDMI back to the TV rather than just playing it.

I had also tried switching different HDMI ports with no luck.
Maybe this will help out some of the others having the same problem.
Looking like I might have to spring for a new receiver.
post #477 of 931 Old 11-09-2010, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgolfer View Post
Hello everyone. First post here.

I just recently upgraded to a Panasonic 65VT25 and BDT300. I already had an Onkyo 805 that I wanted to keep using, but like some of the other posters here I can't get any audio from the HDMI sub on the 300.

I have found a work around that works for me, but its not one that I am satisfied with.

I have the latest firmware for the VT25 and the 300. The HDMI sub is set to V. off, HDMI audio is on and secondary audio is off. Any Blu Ray I have tried to play I get no audio and the Onkyo will flash Dolby True HD, or DTS master about every 5 seconds.

I have the Main HDMI from the 300 connected to HDMI 1 on the VT25. I also have the HDMI out from the Onkyo connected to HDMI 2 on the VT25 for all my other devices.

What I found after many hours of frustration, if I disconnect the Onkyo's HDMI out from the VT25 I will get audio from the 300. Connect the Onkyo back to the HDMI 2 on the VT25 and I lose sound from the BD player.

I'm guessing the Onkyo thinks it needs to pass the audio signal from the sub HDMI back to the TV rather than just playing it.

I had also tried switching different HDMI ports with no luck.
Maybe this will help out some of the others having the same problem.
Looking like I might have to spring for a new receiver.
Thanks for the heads-up.... unfortunately, I agree...

Jim White
St. Petersburg, FL
post #478 of 931 Old 11-12-2010, 11:29 PM

I've got the bdt300 and connected to a samsung 3d LCD tv, via a v1.4 hdmi cable and a 2nd hdmi lead going from the sub out on the player to my pioneer vsx1018ah-k amp,
I just played u2 rattle and hum blu ray and noticed that the 2nd audio option on the disc shows up on the amp as ES DISCRETE

Should it be showing this or have I got the setup wrong somewhere cos it never showed this on my other standard blu ray player..
post #479 of 931 Old 11-13-2010, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Anyone have a source for this one? I am looking to pick one of the last few up for the holidays.

Are they totally sold out? Anyone seen them lurking about in the wild?

Isn't it time someone promoted quality as value?
post #480 of 931 Old 11-14-2010, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Anyone using this player with a denon avr-2311 or similar? I have consistent hdmi hiccups with hdmi control turned off. issues do not persist when connected directly to display.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Panasonic Dmp Bdt310 Integrated Wi Fi 3d Blu Ray Dvd Player , Panasonic Dmp Bdt350 Full Hd 3d Blu Ray Disc Player , Panasonic Dmp Bdt300 Full Hd 3d Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page