Old 05-02-2010, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 582 Post(s)
Liked: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebat68 View Post

You will need a HDMI 1.4 switcher when they become available. The receiver will not read the 1.4 properly. The switcher will run to the Mitsubishi adapter and the adapter will run to the receiver.

Except that the PS3 and Directv boxes aren't HDMI 1.4...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2010, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Lee posted this in another thread, and it got me thinking about the converter box..

Quote:

Hello Lee,

The Mitsubishi 3DC-1000 Adapter will feature 1 input, and will convert 3D Blu-Ray, Side-by-Side, and Top/Bottom (Over/Under). The 3DC-1000 will be available (June 2010 timeframe) for owners of all Mitsubishi 3D-ready TVs, dating back to the initial models in 2007.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should there be any additional questions, or information needed.

Regards,
Nick

When the Mitsubishi 3DC-1000 is converting a 3D source signal to the Checkerboard 3D signal as required by a Mitsubishi 3D DLP Home Cinema TV, the output signal is always 1920 x 1080 @ 60p Checkerboard 3D format. When the 3DC-1000 is receiving a 2D signal, it passes the signal through unaltered as long as that signal is compatible with our TV.

Regards,
Nick

Since the box is designed as an HDMI 1.4 in and 1.3 output, it occurred to me that it might only work with a true HDMI 1.4 source...

Since DirecTV and the PS3 are only outputting a standard progressive frame without any of the metadata about what the frame actually contains, I don't think it's reasonable to expect a $100 converter box to be designed to have the functionality to "force" a conversion on a "standard" video stream (i.e. frame packed format)..

I may be over thinking this, and after reading the replies from Mits to Lee about it, I don't think the Mits adaptor is the solution many of us are hoping for in regards to cable, satellite or the PS3... it's sounding like it is designed to work with HDMI 1.4 3D sources.

THEIR CES PRESS RELEASE..

Quote:

New 3D Adapter Will Enable Cross-Platform Compatibility for 3D Content

Mitsubishi Digital Electronics America, Inc. (MDEA) will showcase the flexibility and versatility of its 3D-ready TV products by displaying 3D content delivered by various video sources, including Blu-Ray players at CES 2010 in the "Experience 3D Tech Zone". MDEA has also announced a new 3D adapter which will provide Mitsubishi 3D-ready Home Theater TV owners with an easy and affordable solution to display 3D from a 3D Blu-Ray player. The Mitsubishi 3DC-1000 3D adapter will be available in late spring of 2010. MDEA will be located in CES booth #14548, Central Hall.

"As a pioneer in the 3D television market, Mitsubishi is bridging the gap for consumers to experience this break-through technology," said Frank DeMartin, vice president of marketing, Mitsubishi Digital Electronics America. "3D is definitely a large screen experience, and Mitsubishi offers the most models and largest screen sizes of 3D-ready TVs available today, including one of the world's largest mass produced 3D-ready TV at 82 inches."

At CES, MDEA will be rolling in its massive and impressive 53-foot Mobile Marketing Showroom (MMS) into the "Experience 3D Tech Zone". The MMS will provide a 1000-square-foot showroom showcasing a wide variety of new 3D content displayed on both LaserVueTM and Home Theater TVs.

3D entertainment will be demonstrated on a laser-powered television, using a 65" LaserVue TV and MDEA's Home Theater TV product line will be displaying cross-platform content on its 60", 73" and 82" televisions.

MDEA began distribution of 3D-ready TVs in 2007. To help consumers experience and learn more about 3D technology, MDEA has displayed highly interactive retail demonstration kiosks in more than 150 home theater dealers nationwide, enabling consumers to experience 3D as it would perform in a typical home setting. The in-store 3D display is equipped with a Mitsubishi Home Theater TV and media server, as well as stereoscopic glasses and an IR-emitter. Each demo showcases all the products needed to watch 3D movies or play 3D games at home.

"Consumer demand for 3D-capable TVs will continue to rise in 2010 and beyond, and the industry will see Mitsubishi continue to provide solutions for mass consumer adoption," said David Naranjo, director of product development, Mitsubishi Digital Electronics America. "We expect 2010 to be the year that 3D finally achieves mass consumer adoption, and are working to continue to pioneer innovation to make it easier than ever for consumers to experience this next big step in home entertainment."

Old 05-03-2010, 12:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMixer View Post

Lee posted this in another thread, and it got me thinking about the converter box..

Since the box is designed as an HDMI 1.4 in and 1.3 output, it occurred to me that it might only work with a true HDMI 1.4 source...

Since DirecTV and the PS3 are only outputting a standard progressive frame without any of the metadata about what the frame actually contains, I don't think it's reasonable to expect a $100 converter box to be designed to have the functionality to "force" a conversion on a "standard" video stream (i.e. frame packed format)..

I may be over thinking this, and after reading the replies from Mits to Lee about it, I don't think the Mits adaptor is the solution many of us are hoping for in regards to cable, satellite or the PS3... it's sounding like it is designed to work with HDMI 1.4 3D sources.

THEIR CES PRESS RELEASE..

http://hdguru.com/legacy-samsung-3d-...-directv/1386/

The HDGuru article says it will convert the Directv 3d signal as well according to a Mitsubishi source.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

"We did not have business relations with that company, Fuh Yuan."
Old 05-03-2010, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickering Hound View Post

The HDGuru article says it will convert the Directv 3d signal as well according to a Mitsubishi source.

Thanks for the article and the link. As an owner of one of the 4 million 3D DLP ready HDTVs sold I sure hope the article is correct.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickering Hound View Post

I am hopeful it works.. I was just thinking through the process.... I've contacted Mits and we'll see what they say.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:14 AM

Well just got an email from provantage, where I ordered my 350 from. First week of June is now the estimate. Checked with my local best buys, and no one had one in stock, or knew when to expect it. What are you guys hearing about availability?
Old 05-03-2010, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonbek777 View Post

Well just got an email from provantage, where I ordered my 350 from. First week of June is now the estimate. Checked with my local best buys, and no one had one in stock, or knew when to expect it. What are you guys hearing about availability?

They're out but spotty right now. Magnolia should be able to check and order it from the warehouse.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
Old 05-03-2010, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post

They're out but spotty right now. Magnolia should be able to check and order it from the warehouse.

S~

That's how I got mine because they were "sold out" at all the BB/Magnolia stores throughout the Phoenix area.

lujan
718 Blu-ray
19 HD DVD
6 DVD
Old 05-03-2010, 03:20 PM

Did you get the 350? How do you like it?
Old 05-04-2010, 06:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Did you get the 350? How do you like it?

Seriously, not as much as my BD35 but it's the 300, not the 350. It seems to be a bit buggy. I couldn't get the 3D HDMI to work with the Onkyo receiver. When I connect the 2nd HDMI directly to the TV, the audio doesn't work on the Onkyo (no sound at all). I called Panasonic tech support and they couldn't fix it and told me they would call back. I'm still waiting after about 3 weeks. Also, I get a weird metallic sound on the audio when streaming a Netflix movie. I have to stop the movie and then press play again to get rid of that metallic sound. It's probably another case of a company releasing their product before adequate testing. When I get home, I'll post the guys name (Tony at Panasonic) and his number so that others can call him.

lujan
718 Blu-ray
19 HD DVD
6 DVD
Old 05-04-2010, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Haven't run across the metallic sound on streaming Netflix. I'm trying to understand how and which HDMI cables are running to which component. The manual is a little confusing on which settings to use when using both. You should be able to run the main/primary HDMI through your ONKYO for both audio and video with your DLP. Or run the mainprimary directly to the TV for video and HDMi sub to the Onkyo for audio. Make sure video in the ONKYO is set to passthrough and try turning off the onscreen display in the setup menu also. It has thrown some bugs into some other players, too. I'm sure you set the output to checkerboard in the palyer and enabled 3D in the setup menu of the Mits

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
Old 05-04-2010, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks for the response. I'm running it exactly as you stated. I have work arounds for both problems. As I stated, when the metallic sound (don't know how to better describe it), I just stop the movie and then play it again and the metallic sound goes away. As far as the 3D hookup, it works if I first turn on all components using the HDMI1 of the TV and then turn the TV to HDMI2 which is the one connected directly to the 300. I haven't been able to test the 3D with the included 3D sample because I don't have the correct glasses. BTW, the TV doesn't have a place where you change the TV to 3D enabled as far as I know. It's the Mits DLP 73833.

lujan
718 Blu-ray
19 HD DVD
6 DVD
Old 05-08-2010, 08:22 AM

Mine works flawlessly. Connected the 3D 1.4 output directly to my Samsung UN55C8000 3D LED LCD TV. Connected the 1.3 output directly to my Anthem Statement D2 processor.

Purchased mine at a local Best Buy (that doesn't have the Magnolia store btw). They had to special order it and it took 3 days to arrive.

Satish
Old 05-09-2010, 07:23 AM

I just picked up the 300 at my local BB yesterday to replace my DP-UP5000 that just took way too long to load discs and because I had read it would work 3D wise with my 61" Samsung LED DLP ("3D Ready"). I haven't tried the 3D capabilities out yet but I was pleased with how easy the setup was especailly how easy it found and linked to my Airport Extreem base station.

I was glad to read in this thread that my Onkyo 806 should pass the 3D checkerboard signal, can't wait until there is some good 3D content to try out.

HD-DVD - 15
BluRay - 30

There was a format war...Best Buy won, I lost.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Still waiting for one of the owners to give an HQV benchmark or the like to give us an idea how good/bad this unit is at SD DVD upconversion and 1080i deinterlacing...
Old 05-11-2010, 09:48 AM

Need more reviews...wish mine would ship.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:54 PM

I just picked up the BT350 yest from magnolia. Real nice player excellent picture quality. I had the Elite 23fd before this one. I think the panny has a slightly nicer picture (looks sharper). I am still waiting on the panny 65VT25 to come out so I have it connected to my Mitsu dlp atm. when i used the 3D main HDMI output thru my elite SC07 reciver, I got a picture but with a loud huming noise and no audio. So I switched to the secondary HDMI output and that works flawless with my reciever. Guess I wont use the main hdmi output till i get my new 65vt25
Old 05-11-2010, 04:21 PM

Thanks Rino13...how does music sound?
Old 05-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Advanced Member

I notice that this player has two HDMI outputs.....could someone explain the purpose and practical use of two HDMI ports.......(sorry for the bonehead question)
Old 05-13-2010, 12:32 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Hello!

First HDMI is for the connection to the display (for 3D picture) and the second for your AVR (for sound). You can still use your "old" HDMI 1.3 AVR - with HD sound.

Udo
Old 05-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdoG View Post

Hello!

First HDMI is for the connection to the display (for 3D picture) and the second for your AVR (for sound). You can still use your "old" HDMI 1.3 AVR - with HD sound.

Udo

Thanks Udo for your response that makes sense. That's good to know as I am considering this player for my future 3-D setup. Now could one still use one of the ports for 3-d video but use the analog outs for audio? Or do the analogs not work with 3-D?
Old 05-19-2010, 12:42 PM

Hello, i have bought the 300 type and cannot get my second hdmi to work on the Onkyo 605.
All i get is a flashing display on the onkyo. I've set the second hdmi on audio only in the menu but still not working.
Anyone have the same issue or fix for it?
Thanks
Old 05-19-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marconobi View Post

Hello, i have bought the 300 type and cannot get my second hdmi to work on the Onkyo 605.
All i get is a flashing display on the onkyo. I've set the second hdmi on audio only in the menu but still not working.
Anyone have the same issue or fix for it?
Thanks

So to make things clear, you have an HDMI cable running from HDMI 1 directly to your TV, and then you're running a second HDMI cable from HDMI 2 to your Onkyo. If this is the case it should be functioning properly. There may be some sort of handshake issue happening.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DU3C3 View Post

So to make things clear, you have an HDMI cable running from HDMI 1 directly to your TV, and then you're running a second HDMI cable from HDMI 2 to your Onkyo. If this is the case it should be functioning properly. There may be some sort of handshake issue happening.

That's exactly what i've done. i think i have try'd everything what i can do but still no sound. Did also try different HDMI cables. The light for "audio only" on my panasonic is showing when selecting the right input on my Onkyo. But the display on my Onkyo is flashing around every 5 seconds.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marconobi View Post

That's exactly what i've done. i think i have try'd everything what i can do but still no sound. Did also try different HDMI cables. The light for "audio only" on my panasonic is showing when selecting the right input on my Onkyo. But the display on my Onkyo is flashing around every 5 seconds.

I had a similar problem when I first connected to my Onkyo 905. The work around for me was to first get the primary handshakes to work by getting the Onkyo, the 300 and the TV to work by using the non-3D HDMI connection on the player. Then after all that is working, I simply switch the input on the TV to the one connected to the 3D HDMI output of the 300. All is fine after that.

lujan
718 Blu-ray
19 HD DVD
6 DVD
Old 05-21-2010, 08:05 AM

Guys I just got a message from Provantage saying the 350 has been discontinued by the manufacture, and my order was canceled...anyone have any more info on this?
Old 05-21-2010, 08:19 AM

Quote:

Guys I just got a message from Provantage saying the 350 has been discontinued by the manufacture, and my order was canceled...anyone have any more info on this?

It's still available at Best Buy Magnolia stores and the BDT300 is now available at the standard Best Buy stores.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:28 AM

Are those what are still left in inventory...or is Magnolia still getting new shipments from Panasonic? Just confused...why would a brand new product be discontinued...can you get one from anywhere other than Best Buy?
Old 05-21-2010, 08:37 AM

Hi, has anyone tested the DVD upscaling? Is it comparable to oppo 83 or sony 760?
thanks
Old 05-21-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:

Are those what are still left in inventory...or is Magnolia still getting new shipments from Panasonic? Just confused...why would a brand new product be discontinued...can you get one from anywhere other than Best Buy?

As far as I have ever known, those 2 players are Best Buy exclusives only. I am not so sure Provantage ever had the right to sell them. I am not 100 percent sure though.

Tags
Panasonic Dmp Bdt310 Integrated Wi Fi 3d Blu Ray Dvd Player , Panasonic Dmp Bdt350 Full Hd 3d Blu Ray Disc Player , Panasonic Dmp Bdt300 Full Hd 3d Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - Bdt310 by PriceGrabber.com