Official Panasonic DMP-BDT300/350 Owners Thread - Page 25 - AVS Forum
First ... 23  24  25 26  27  ... Last
Blu-ray Players > Official Panasonic DMP-BDT300/350 Owners Thread
pjb16's Avatar pjb16 05:19 PM 03-08-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurk View Post

I tried it no change. It returned Crank2 however should have tried it in my BD 30. My BD350 was a hit and miss on playing other titles, most times no video just audio. I played titles that wouldn't work in my BD350 (Transporter 2)and in my BD30 and it worked fine. I then triedTransporter 2 in my BD350 with HDMI direct to VT25 and HDMI sub out for audio and it worked just fine. The BC350 Main out run through my Onkyo 875 had issues, even though it was not 3D video and Onk is not 3D compliant it still had issues. I guess it is the Onk compat issues with BD 350. I am in the process of replacing Onk to a 5008, awaiting delivery.

I'm having similar issues with my Onkyo 876. It is very hit and miss as to what plays and what doesn't. I can play some 3D movies fine, and some I just get audio (or maybe not even that; such as Despicable Me). Then some 2D films (like Fanboys) I would only get audio, it's very disconcerting.

I want to upgrade my AVR regardless, but at the same time I am not sure if it's the player's fault or the 876's since I have issues with 2D films only "playing" audio.

teachsac's Avatar teachsac 05:58 PM 03-08-2011
Never had a problem playing any movie with the 350, 2D or 3D. I always keep an SD card in my players to avoid problems with Lionsgate.

S~
Hurk's Avatar Hurk 08:09 AM 03-09-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb16 View Post

I'm having similar issues with my Onkyo 876. It is very hit and miss as to what plays and what doesn't. I can play some 3D movies fine, and some I just get audio (or maybe not even that; such as Despicable Me). Then some 2D films (like Fanboys) I would only get audio, it's very disconcerting.

I want to upgrade my AVR regardless, but at the same time I am not sure if it's the player's fault or the 876's since I have issues with 2D films only "playing" audio.

What TV do you have?
pjb16's Avatar pjb16 10:57 AM 03-09-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurk View Post

What TV do you have?

Mitsubishi WD-73C9, so I have to use the 3DA-1 adapter box.
Ruined's Avatar Ruined 10:18 PM 03-09-2011
I have both the DMP-BDT350 and DMP-BDT210 due to a special arrangement I was able to make.

Breakdown:
*2D image quality (Blu-Ray/DVD): Tie
*2D image quality (streaming): 210 wins, overall better PQ
*3D image quality: 210 wins due to 2d>3d and more 3d pq settings
*Analog sound quality: 350 wins
*Analog multichannel: 350 wins by a landslide, unsupported by 210
*Digital sound quality: 210 wins due to improved jitter reduction on PCM
*DLNA: 210 wins due to audio support, more solid streaming, 210 actually has better file format options than even the Oppo 93/95
*Remote: 350 wins as the 210 remote ditches the cool disc for directional buttons and the 210 remote feels flimisier. Operationally they are similar.
*Speed: 210 wins
*Backwards compatibility w/1.3 receivers: 350 wins due to 2nd hdmi port
*General UI: 210 wins
*Streaming UI: 210 wins
*Build quality: 350 wins, 210 is quite a bit flimsier feeling although the tray on the 210 is not much different than the 350. both much sturdier than LG's trays for instance.
*210 also supports skype and hands free opening (kinda gimmicky imo)

So, if you are all digital the 210 is the easy choice, unless you have an hdmi 1.3 or analog receiver and dont plan to upgrade it. Otherwise, it will depend on what you want of it.
bommai's Avatar bommai 06:15 AM 03-10-2011
just got an open box 300 for $199 from best buy. did i pay too much. i wanted to try out the 5.1 channel analog to see how different it is compared to the hdmi. i also wanted to try out the second hdmi port since my hk avr 745 receiver cannot pass through 1080p but can process hdmi audio. can the 210 internally decode all surround formats and send it as 5.1 pcm through hdmi. I have a gen1 ps3 right now and the panny video/audio quality impressed me.
Ruined's Avatar Ruined 06:05 AM 03-11-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bommai View Post

can the 210 internally decode all surround formats and send it as 5.1 pcm through hdmi.

Yes it does. And, both the 210/300 offer significant video quality & feature upgrades from the PS3.
Paul.R.S's Avatar Paul.R.S 01:50 PM 03-11-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bommai View Post
just got an open box 300 for $199 from best buy. did i pay too much.
You definitely didn't pay "too much" compared to other prices online (ebay, Amazon Marketplace). But the real tell is what if any accessories other than the IMO essential power cord and remote were included: wireless dongle? USB extension cord? Retail box with UPC/serial not removed?


Thanks for that nice 210 versus 350 comparison, Ruined.
gto5830's Avatar gto5830 01:55 PM 03-13-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post

Never had a problem playing any movie with the 350, 2D or 3D. I always keep an SD card in my players to avoid problems with Lionsgate.

S~

Am having problems playing the Disney film od "Alice in Wonderland" anamated edition that just cam out several weeks ago. All Panasonic has said is to have SD card cleaned and or formated and it should work. I also have a Panny 60 and finally got the film to work with BD Live off, but still have not been able to get Alice to work on the 350. Anyone else have this problem and/or solutions? Thanks.
teachsac's Avatar teachsac 06:23 PM 03-13-2011
Since you quoted me, I haven't watched that one yet. I did watch Bambi. I won't be around until Wednesday. I'll try it then and get back.

S~
chrismac2's Avatar chrismac2 12:35 PM 03-14-2011
I just purchased Beauty and the Beast blu-ray from Amazon.com. I'm very impressed with the video and audio quality.

That was until about 25 minutes into the feature film (disc 1, special edition). Beginning in the scene where the Beast is taking Belle down the hall to her room and demands that she join him for dinner. There is lots of pixelation, with large areas of the screen turning solid green, and audio drop outs. This pixelation and audio drop outs go on for about the next 20 minutes....

I ended up having to put the included DVD in to finish watching the movie.....which of course was quite a step down in quality. I like to joke with people that my eyes get sore watching regular DVD.

So my question is, anyone else with the DMP-BDT300 and this movie encounter that problem?

I also tried the movie on my DMP-BD60 and had the same problem. Both players had the latest firmware.
bommai's Avatar bommai 05:34 PM 03-14-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.R.S View Post

You definitely didn't pay "too much" compared to other prices online (ebay, Amazon Marketplace). But the real tell is what if any accessories other than the IMO essential power cord and remote were included: wireless dongle? USB extension cord? Retail box with UPC/serial not removed?


Thanks for that nice 210 versus 350 comparison, Ruined.

I got only the player, AC power cord and remote. They did not give me the Wifi Module and they insisted that it did not come with one. Dummies. They don't really want to sell it to me for cheaper. When I went back to ask for one, they said return the player and get a newer one like the 210. I told them I liked the 300 for its analog outs and 2nd HDMI out. Also, I feel like the video and audio quality of the Panny 300 seem better than gen 1 PS3. Is this an accepted fact or am I just mistaken? I have a Epson 1080UB projector projecting 1080p24 content as 1080p48 on a 120" screen with me sitting 12' away.
teachsac's Avatar teachsac 06:18 PM 03-14-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismac2 View Post

I just purchased Beauty and the Beast blu-ray from Amazon.com. I'm very impressed with the video and audio quality.

That was until about 25 minutes into the feature film (disc 1, special edition). Beginning in the scene where the Beast is taking Belle down the hall to her room and demands that she join him for dinner. There is lots of pixelation, with large areas of the screen turning solid green, and audio drop outs. This pixelation and audio drop outs go on for about the next 20 minutes....

I ended up having to put the included DVD in to finish watching the movie.....which of course was quite a step down in quality. I like to joke with people that my eyes get sore watching regular DVD.

So my question is, anyone else with the DMP-BDT300 and this movie encounter that problem?

I also tried the movie on my DMP-BD60 and had the same problem. Both players had the latest firmware.

I had no problem playing Beauty and the Beast. Played it several times.

S~
Geaux Tigers's Avatar Geaux Tigers 06:21 PM 03-14-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bommai View Post

I got only the player, AC power cord and remote. They did not give me the Wifi Module and they insisted that it did not come with one. Dummies. They don't really want to sell it to me for cheaper. When I went back to ask for one, they said return the player and get a newer one like the 210. I told them I liked the 300 for its analog outs and 2nd HDMI out. Also, I feel like the video and audio quality of the Panny 300 seem better than gen 1 PS3. Is this an accepted fact or am I just mistaken? I have a Epson 1080UB projector projecting 1080p24 content as 1080p48 on a 120" screen with me sitting 12' away.

I bought a new in the box DMP-BDT300 from Best Buy that I am currently using. I will swap you this player for a DMP-BDT310 as I do not use the analog outs. It has been a good player but I would prefer the new features of the 2011 Panasonic 3D Blu-ray Players over the legacy support of the 2010 Panasonic 3D Blu-ray Players. The player comes with everything. I don't care about the Avatar 3D Blu-ray that you would get from purchasing the DMP-BDT310 as I already have one from the purchase of the DMP-BDT300. You can send in the rebate and get the Avatar 3D Blu-ray and either keep it or sell it on eBay for some change.
teachsac's Avatar teachsac 11:44 AM 03-16-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gto5830 View Post

Am having problems playing the Disney film od "Alice in Wonderland" anamated edition that just cam out several weeks ago. All Panasonic has said is to have SD card cleaned and or formated and it should work. I also have a Panny 60 and finally got the film to work with BD Live off, but still have not been able to get Alice to work on the 350. Anyone else have this problem and/or solutions? Thanks.

As promised, I did try to play it. First movie I've had a problem with with this player. I couldn't get it to play. Evidently others are having problems according to the movie thread. I'm going to try it on the 110 to see if it will work.

S~
gto5830's Avatar gto5830 02:03 PM 03-16-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post

As promised, I did try to play it. First movie I've had a problem with with this player. I couldn't get it to play. Evidently others are having problems according to the movie thread. I'm going to try it on the 110 to see if it will work.

S~

Thanks for trying. Glad to see that I am not the only one. I did get in touch with Panasonic and this is what they said:

"Thank you for your inquiry.Please ensure that you have the latest firmware update on your unit.Please note that some of the newer Blu-Ray discs require that a formatted SD card, minimum of 2 GB, be present in the unit during playback. You can acquire an SD card from your local electronics store.



The procedure to format the SD card is as follows:



1. Insert an SD card.

2. Press [FUNCTIONS] on the remote.

3. Select ?Other Functions? and press [OK].

4. Select ?Card Management? and press [OK].

5. Select ?BD-Video Data Erase? or ?Format SD Card? and press [OK].

6. Select ?Yes? and press [OK].

7. Select ?Start? and press [OK].

We hope this information is helpful to you. Thank you for choosing Panasonic."


Not much help as I have a SD card in there all the time.
bommai's Avatar bommai 03:52 PM 03-16-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geaux Tigers View Post

I bought a new in the box DMP-BDT300 from Best Buy that I am currently using. I will swap you this player for a DMP-BDT310 as I do not use the analog outs. It has been a good player but I would prefer the new features of the 2011 Panasonic 3D Blu-ray Players over the legacy support of the 2010 Panasonic 3D Blu-ray Players. The player comes with everything. I don't care about the Avatar 3D Blu-ray that you would get from purchasing the DMP-BDT310 as I already have one from the purchase of the DMP-BDT300. You can send in the rebate and get the Avatar 3D Blu-ray and either keep it or sell it on eBay for some change.

I am confused. Are you telling me that I should return mine to BB and buy it from you? What features are in 310 that are not in 300? I don't care about streaming video, etc since I just want to play Bluray.
jphillips63's Avatar jphillips63 05:32 PM 03-16-2011
I'm on the fence between the 310 or the oppo 93all I'm wanting is best picture and sound quality as possible on blue ray and be able to watch 3d

Any word when the 310 will be out or should I look at the 300
teachsac's Avatar teachsac 08:17 PM 03-16-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gto5830 View Post
Thanks for trying. Glad to see that I am not the only one. I did get in touch with Panasonic and this is what they said:

"Thank you for your inquiry.Please ensure that you have the latest firmware update on your unit.Please note that some of the newer Blu-Ray discs require that a formatted SD card, minimum of 2 GB, be present in the unit during playback. You can acquire an SD card from your local electronics store.



The procedure to format the SD card is as follows:



1. Insert an SD card.

2. Press [FUNCTIONS] on the remote.

3. Select ?Other Functions? and press [OK].

4. Select ?Card Management? and press [OK].

5. Select ?BD-Video Data Erase? or ?Format SD Card? and press [OK].

6. Select ?Yes? and press [OK].

7. Select ?Start? and press [OK].

We hope this information is helpful to you. Thank you for choosing Panasonic."


Not much help as I have a SD card in there all the time.
Works on my 110 perfectly (with no memory card either).

S~
buster6070's Avatar buster6070 11:58 PM 03-19-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismac2 View Post

I just purchased Beauty and the Beast blu-ray from Amazon.com. I'm very impressed with the video and audio quality.

That was until about 25 minutes into the feature film (disc 1, special edition). Beginning in the scene where the Beast is taking Belle down the hall to her room and demands that she join him for dinner. There is lots of pixelation, with large areas of the screen turning solid green, and audio drop outs. This pixelation and audio drop outs go on for about the next 20 minutes....

I ended up having to put the included DVD in to finish watching the movie.....which of course was quite a step down in quality. I like to joke with people that my eyes get sore watching regular DVD.

So my question is, anyone else with the DMP-BDT300 and this movie encounter that problem?

I also tried the movie on my DMP-BD60 and had the same problem. Both players had the latest firmware.

I also have Beauty and the Beast and haven't had any problems with it. Might start looking into something else that could cause this.
bommai's Avatar bommai 09:09 AM 03-20-2011
I recently bought the 300. Have only watched Harry Brown on Bluray and sampled a few scenes from iRobot, and Ratatouille. Last night we watched Conviction. After a few minutes of playing fine, the video kept blanking out. Every few minutes, the video blanks out (the screen is dark) for a few seconds. If I rewind and play, it is fine. So, it is not a bad disk. The audio is unaffected. I am using the second HDMI port for 5.1 PCM audio. The primary HDMI out is going to my projector. Is this a problem with the 300. I think for Harry Brown, I was using a single HDMI output. Could this be a problem with using both HDMI outputs.
Bruce Wayne's Avatar Bruce Wayne 07:07 AM 03-24-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bommai View Post

I recently bought the 300. Have only watched Harry Brown on Bluray and sampled a few scenes from iRobot, and Ratatouille. Last night we watched Conviction. After a few minutes of playing fine, the video kept blanking out. Every few minutes, the video blanks out (the screen is dark) for a few seconds. If I rewind and play, it is fine. So, it is not a bad disk. The audio is unaffected. I am using the second HDMI port for 5.1 PCM audio. The primary HDMI out is going to my projector. Is this a problem with the 300. I think for Harry Brown, I was using a single HDMI output. Could this be a problem with using both HDMI outputs.

Mine did this very thing and the only thing I could link it to was the deep color setting. When I have deep color on auto it drops the signal every 8 seconds or so, when I set it to off it works perfectly. May be that my TV does not support deep color. Hope this helps.
bommai's Avatar bommai 12:04 AM 03-25-2011
Just watched 127 hours using BDT-300. Used 5.1 analog audio to my HK AVR 745. Sounded awesome. Also hooked up HDMI through the second port to the HK AVR 745. Switched back and forth. The analog is louder by 10dB but compensating for that, both audio sound good. The picture seems phenomenal too. I don't know how an Oppo 93 can top this. Just don't know! My BDT-300 was open box with nothing but the power cord and remote. So, no free Avatar or even the wifi dongle. Today, I went back and asked the BB guy about the dongle. He was visibly frustrated with me and told me why I keep coming back to him and I already got a good deal! But I was told that everything was in it except for the remote and box. Was mistaken! But anyway, I might just keep it. But I am also tempted to get the 310 instead. But the fact that the analog audio is also available makes me want to keep the 300. I can probably get the 310 for a good price through a discount program through my employer. Choices. Choices.

I tried the 210 - but need to play with it again just to see the video quality. It won't work for me to keep because of the lack of 2 HDMI outputs and lack of multi channel analog. I need one or the other or both since my receiver cannot handle 1080p pass through. Also, got the bD-85 from sears for $140. Need to test this against the 300 to see if they both are comparable. With the 85, I will be relying on the analog.
Bruce Wayne's Avatar Bruce Wayne 06:15 AM 03-25-2011
How strange, I also picked up the 300 as an open box buy from the same company. it was missing the cord and dongle, but had the remote. They had it marked down to $199.00 and I asked whats was the best they could do on it, the rep came back and said $89.00, I passed out and when I woke up I took it home. I LOVE THIS PLAYER! What more could you get or want out of a player? Really?
gto5830's Avatar gto5830 07:17 AM 03-25-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gto5830 View Post

Am having problems playing the Disney film od "Alice in Wonderland" anamated edition that just cam out several weeks ago. All Panasonic has said is to have SD card cleaned and or formated and it should work. I also have a Panny 60 and finally got the film to work with BD Live off, but still have not been able to get Alice to work on the 350. Anyone else have this problem and/or solutions? Thanks.

Hi all. A while ago had posted this problem and as time has went by, was wondering if anyone else has come accross this problem at any time and if they have seen any type of solution? Thanks for any info.
bommai's Avatar bommai 12:41 PM 03-25-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post

How strange, I also picked up the 300 as an open box buy from the same company. it was missing the cord and dongle, but had the remote. They had it marked down to $199.00 and I asked whats was the best they could do on it, the rep came back and said $89.00, I passed out and when I woke up I took it home. I LOVE THIS PLAYER! What more could you get or want out of a player? Really?

You mean you got it for freaking $89 from Best Buy. I hate my local Best Buy. The sales man at the Magnolia dept is a jerk. He told me to just return it and he will use it as a floor model. He will not budge on the $199 even though it was a floor model and it did not have the dongle.
teachsac's Avatar teachsac 12:48 PM 03-25-2011
Just return it already

S~
lujan's Avatar lujan 01:28 PM 03-25-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bommai View Post

You mean you got it for freaking $89 from Best Buy. I hate my local Best Buy. The sales man at the Magnolia dept is a jerk. He told me to just return it and he will use it as a floor model. He will not budge on the $199 even though it was a floor model and it did not have the dongle.

Sounds like the manager at my BB. I avoid that place like the plague because even when I go and try to use one of their coupons, the manager will tell me that the coupon doesn't apply to what I'm trying to buy. I last told him, "well I guess it's Amazon again." It's no wonder my local Ultimate Electronics is closing because these managers won't budge and give customers good deals like they used to do long ago.
teachsac's Avatar teachsac 01:38 PM 03-25-2011
Fry's is advertising that they will match internet prices now.

S~
bommai's Avatar bommai 01:41 PM 03-25-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post

Sounds like the manager at my BB. I avoid that place like the plague because even when I go and try to use one of their coupons, the manager will tell me that the coupon doesn't apply to what I'm trying to buy. I last told him, "well I guess it's Amazon again." It's no wonder my local Ultimate Electronics is closing because these managers won't budge and give customers good deals like they used to do long ago.

Well. I called Best Buy Consumer Relations and filed a complaint. He was really mean to me yesterday. He said to me "Why do you keep coming back here". I went there twice after initial purchase. That's all. First time I went, he claimed there is no dongle and I am mistaken. Second time (yesterday) I went with proof that there is a dongle, he told me why do I keep coming back! WTF. He asked me to bring proof. yesterday he told me, I should call panasonic myself and order one! WTF. Given that I have a choice to return it - but I am more upset with the way I am being treated than the dongle issue or anything. Anyway, Best Buy called me back and told me to talk to the manager there. I might do that today.
Tags: Panasonic Dmp Bdt310 Integrated Wi Fi 3d Blu Ray Dvd Player , Panasonic Dmp Bdt350 Full Hd 3d Blu Ray Disc Player , Panasonic Dmp Bdt300 Full Hd 3d Blu Ray Disc Player
First ... 23  24  25 26  27  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop