Official Panasonic DMP-BDT300/350 Owners Thread - Page 32 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #931 of 935 Old 06-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 14
so I finally go around to streaming videos (yes I'm very behind). i have multiple players but decided to use my BDT300 as it is the most current as far as I know.

I am running firmware 1.85 amazon prime works.

Netflix and vudu does not. when I tried to login as my vudu account I get an error message this account has already been registered. It wants me to create a new account instead of using an existing one. weird.

with Netflix I get the instant queue message: To begin Watching Instantly on your Player, please go to Netflix.com and add movies to your instant Queue. This is the process similar to:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/faq/FAQ00031723/31891/Y/

except that Netflix has since gotten rid of that and I can't watching any Netflix on my BDT300 anymore...

I don't even know how to reset the app. I've reset the 'settings' but it doesn't reset the app settings. any thoughts on getting Netflix to work again or forget it and get new set top device?

to the edge of eternity and depth of infinity, stupidity knows no bound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #932 of 935 Old 08-31-2014, 06:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I am trying to use the 5.1 analog outs to my Denon receiver and have all wired correctly, yet I can't get any signal to the sub. I have tried both the 2 CH + 5.1 Downmix and 7.1 settings and both give me no sub signal. All speakers are set to small. I have HDMI Audio set to off. Am I missing a setting, or are the outputs on the Panny defective. I have used the same cables with my Oppo to the same Denon receiver and got perfect 5.1 analog performance, so I know it's not the receiver or cables. Any ideas??

"To Live Outside The Law You Must Be Honest"

Last edited by tbuick6; 08-31-2014 at 07:39 AM.
post #933 of 935 Old Today, 01:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Question Writing Here No Posts On BTD350 Thread Since August

Hi guys. Originally wanted to post on Panasonic BDT300/350 Owners thread, but saw that nobody has posted on that thread since August. So please bear with me as your knowledge about Panny Blu-rays could be very helpful.

Hope someone might comment on my experience with the BDT-350. Originally bought unit due to needing 2 HDMI outputs to enable 3D with the early HDMI enabled Integra receiver & 73" Mits DLP that used to be in our theater room. (both of those products now gone, but still use the 350. We don't do 3D anymore)

Anyway, the 350 is not connected to the internet, but did update its firmware with a disc from Panasonic (in 2012 or 2013) after finding that unit would not play a newly bought Apocalypse Now Blu-ray. The update solved the problem.

Everything had been fine with the many Blu-rays played since that update. Then last week I loaded the Blu-ray of the original "Diehard" which I'd just bought, and was fresh out of the package. Got one of those "check disc messages". Loaded Diehard several times, but still a no go. So, just for the heck of it, loaded Apocalypse Now into the player. It is now suddenly a "no go" too.

But here's what really seems strange. Had heard that 20th Century Fox titles can be more complex and difficult to play than discs from some other studios. But I would assume that the Diehard disc can't be as complex as Avatar, or certainly Prometheous which is a much newer Blu-ray, and certainly more complex with its features & menus. Yet, Avatar & Prometheus both play fine.

Suspect that firmware might have nothing to do with a BDT-350 which just might be going bad. I have a BDT-100 which gradually stopped playing various Blu-rays. A firmware update gave no improvement, and the unit gradually went from playing around half of Blu-rays loaded, to totally losing its ability to play any Blu-rays, even adult titles. Am glad that the BDT-100 still does a great job with any DVD, and the unit was a freebie for buying a Panny plasma, anyway.

Also, I recently took a 3 year old BDT-110 out of our living room system because with both Blu-rays & DVDs it presents a white flash about once per minute which is accompanied by a brief lapse of audio. My wife was particularly annoyed by a word or 2 of dialog continually being dropped. (wondering what characters had just said was turning dramas into mysteries)

Hate to sound like nothing but a griper, folks, but after recommending Panasonic Blu-ray players to friends & family since getting my 1st Panny Blu-ray, the DMP-BD60 in November 2009, I've now lost trust in the quality control that attends Panny's players. That first Panny player has turned out to be the only one of my 4 Panasonic Blu-rays that has never developed problems. And since last Spring I've ended my run with Panny Blu-rays by obtaining Sony S5100 & S5200 models.
I hated to abandon Panasonic because even going back to the VCR days, Panny VHS units were a great value, and with years of heavy use, provided reliable service.

Anyway, guys, have been running off at the mouth too much already, but any comments someone might offer about the strange situation with our BDT350, would be most appreciated. I just wonder why a player will simply lose the ability to play a disc it previously had no trouble with, even though that disc is in mint condition.
sarahb75 is online now Report Post
post #934 of 935 Old Today, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Post moved. Please keep posts in their dedicated threads as each player has their own firmware and different hardware.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #935 of 935 Unread Today, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Current version is 1.85. If that is current, you might try cleaning the lens.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Panasonic Dmp Bdt310 Integrated Wi Fi 3d Blu Ray Dvd Player , Panasonic Dmp Bdt350 Full Hd 3d Blu Ray Disc Player , Panasonic Dmp Bdt300 Full Hd 3d Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - Bdt310 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page