Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 932 Old 06-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 131
You won't see a difference on the black level control in the menu. You'll need to play a movie. I use custom settings.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #123 of 932 Old 06-14-2010, 06:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound & Vision View Post

There are two panasonic demo disc that look very similar to one another, but have slightly differant content. One, only a panasonic rep has and the other is the 300/350 pack in. They look the same except for part number and an expiration date on the rep's disc. Plus the cover on the reps disc has "viera" wording added on it.

(1) Here is the panasonic reps disc; http://www.demo-world.eu/demo-dvds/p...-disc-v1-2.php

(2) Here is the 300/350 pack in disc; http://www.demo-world.eu/demo-dvds/p...n-disc-vff.php

thanks for the imfo.
post #124 of 932 Old 06-15-2010, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

It doesn't matter if it's a splash screen or movie. I have changed black level in plenty of players and the effect is imediate. Can someone just try it, gee it only takes a second!

Same here on my 350. It has no effect. I also saw the lighter-darker flashing in cinema mode, but not not much. I tried custom mode but I still did/could not get the blacks I was looking for. Finally chose "Normal" mode for my choice. I will prefer to use the TV (58VT25), when I get it, to provide the PQ settings I am looking for. Overall, I think the 350 is providing an excellent picture.
post #125 of 932 Old 06-15-2010, 12:45 PM

Did anybody ever get crank 2 to work on their player?
post #126 of 932 Old 06-15-2010, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by LORDLICH View Post

Did anybody ever get crank 2 to work on their player?

Do you have an SD car installed? Common practice for Lionsgate titles.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #127 of 932 Old 06-16-2010, 06:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What firmware are you on? I'm on 1.40.. There is no reason for the brightness to be flashing up/down during "cinema" picture mode.. I wonder if this is a recent firmware bug? I agree that normal is the best. User picture setting is of no help for black level as the brightness etc, settings can only be adjusted up. Cinema picture mode should not cause the brightness to flexulate up/down like it does. I hope panasonic addresses these issues. I tried the HDMI setting on "RGB Enhanced" and the colors and black level looked absolutley great. Still, I think this player has some black level issues.

My player updated to 1.40 when I first set it up. I tried various settings in Custom but really didn't like any of them. I haven't looked to see what the HDMI setting is on. Thanks for the RGB Enhanced tip. I'm just thinking, not to try improving the source output and leave it up to the VT25. Other postings indicate just hooking up the 300/350 player to the VT25s produces an awesome PQ. My 58VT25 is being delivered this afternoon. I am eagar to watch some WCup 3D first then slip in my Avatar BD. Oh yes, I guess I should try out the 3D demo BD.
post #128 of 932 Old 06-16-2010, 11:49 AM

for any of you that has a panasonic 350 iam have a question for you i hope you can help. i hooked it up got the update got everything going good but the thing is weird is when i first turn the player on it goes threw couple of things then it shuts off. so then i push the on button again it comes on does its thing and works great. have any of you no what might be happening any imfo please. thanks have a nice day
post #129 of 932 Old 06-16-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1 View Post

for any of you that has a panasonic 350 iam have a question for you i hope you can help. i hooked it up got the update got everything going good but the thing is weird is when i first turn the player on it goes threw couple of things then it shuts off. so then i push the on button again it comes on does its thing and works great. have any of you no what might be happening any imfo please. thanks have a nice day

Not sure, you can see if anyone has any good ideas. Mine doesn't do that, this player is too $$ to let it ride though, make sure you don't go past the return policy if your still with in it. I just went through that with my Plasma tv, buzzed out of the box, by the time I got around to doing anything with it I was past the 30 days and now have to deal with a repairman.
post #130 of 932 Old 06-16-2010, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You might search this thread. It seems to me that I read that someone else was experiencing the same thing. I know I have read that someone was having that problem and they were going to exchange it. Mine does not do that.
post #131 of 932 Old 06-16-2010, 04:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 14
"HEADS UP"

I went to Best Buy today and confirmed that two bugs exist with the 300/350 player. The Firmware version does not matter, the two bugs are still there;

(1) After starting a movie and selecting "Cinema Picture Mode" it causes the screen's brightness to flash up and down every few seconds. Even after stopping the movie you can still see this on the blue panasonic splash screen. The salesperson at the store 100% agreed that was not what it is suppose to be doing that. The other Picture Modes worked just fine, and returning to any of them stopped it.

(2) Changing the "HDMI Black Level Control" from light to dark does nothing. Again, the salesperson at the store 100% agreed with me that was not normal as it immediatley worked and made a noticable differance any other player in the store that had that option.

I ended up leaving with a 350 anyways. The bugs are still there. I am on firmware 1.40, but i decided to keep this player as the picture quality and many options are really good.

*This was most noticable with the regular DVD (Star Wars A New Hope). I sent panasonic support an email.
post #132 of 932 Old 06-16-2010, 07:12 PM

i found out what the problem was. i would turn the tv on first then turn the dvd player on then i would change the input on the tv to dvd then the dvd would turn off. how i found out about this buy accident i was watching the satellite then decided to watch a movie grabed the tv remote turned the input to dvd and the dvd player turned on buy it self. so i guess the dvd player senses a signal from the tv and the dvd player turnes on.
post #133 of 932 Old 06-16-2010, 07:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:

"HEADS UP"

I went to Best Buy today and confirmed that two bugs exist with the 300/350 player. The Firmware version does not matter, the two bugs are still there;

(1) After starting a movie and selecting "Cinema Picture Mode" it causes the screen's brightness to flash up and down every few seconds. Even after stopping the movie you can still see this on the blue panasonic splash screen. The salesperson at the store 100% agreed that was not what it is suppose to be doing that. The other Picture Modes worked just fine, and returning to any of them stopped it.

(2) Changing the "HDMI Black Level Control" from light to dark does nothing. Again, the salesperson at the store 100% agreed with me that was not normal as it immediatley worked and made a noticable differance any other player in the store that had that option.

I ended up leaving with a 350 anyways. The bugs are still there. I am on firmware 1.40, but i decided to keep this player as the picture quality and many options are really good.

number 2 bug might be limited to rgb
post #134 of 932 Old 06-16-2010, 07:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winston9332 View Post

number 2 bug might be limited to rgb

I tried "rgb enhanced", and thought it looked great but then switched back to "4:4:4".. The "Cinema Picture Mode" reacted the same way. Just give the regular DVD of Star Wars A New Hope a try and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.
post #135 of 932 Old 06-17-2010, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elladan View Post

I noticed an odd issue over the past couple of days. Since I ran an HDMI from my BDT300 to my AVR, using the HDMI-Sub port, I keep having to change the HMDI-Sub setting to V.oFF. It doesn't seem to persist through power cycles. Has anyone else noticed this?

elladan: iam having the same problem as you did you ever resolve the problem yet. any imfo from any body else. thanks.
post #136 of 932 Old 06-17-2010, 08:09 AM

No, this problem is still happening, I told my contact at Panasonic, and they'll see what's going on with that.

Quote:

elladan: iam having the same problem as you did you ever resolve the problem yet. any imfo from any body else. thanks.

post #137 of 932 Old 06-17-2010, 02:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
My 350 was delivered today. Didn't get a chance to open the box. Signed for it and out the door to work.
post #138 of 932 Old 06-18-2010, 07:27 AM
Advanced Member

Got it all setup last night and got to make a first run on it. Holy cow, it took me a while to get the audio to work. I blew right through the wireless setup (U verse gateway), did the firmware update. Then started running through all the other setups. Ok, I think I'm done, hit play. Crap no audio, back to setup menu, make changes, hit play. Crap no audio, did this a few more times. Finally audio! It was just getting the HDMI settings right.
post #139 of 932 Old 06-19-2010, 12:31 AM

Quote:

I have the BDT350, and I'm not experiencing this problem. I'm using firmware version 1.40.
post #140 of 932 Old 06-19-2010, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post

S~

Yes and it still did it.
post #141 of 932 Old 06-19-2010, 11:37 AM

Liked: 11
I thought there was a feature to get rid of the vertical black bars on some dvd's?
post #142 of 932 Old 06-20-2010, 06:03 AM

It is well known that the new 3D 1.4 HDMI video is incompatible with the 1.3 HDMI gear, especially relievers and AV controllers/processors. So manufactures of 3D Blu-ray players have developed some interesting solutions.
While largely unspoken, Panasonic appears to be competing with Oppo by improving it players overall performance with the added bonus of 3D playback. While last year’s models were designed to sell for $130, the new 300/350 are placed at $400, squarely in Oppo territory.

So what inovation and performance does the Panasonic 350 offer over the Oppo?

The Britsh sites typical offer more in-depth explanations:

Video
------
True to Cinema Picture Quality

New UniPhier Image Processor
The improved processing capabilities of this new engine make it an excellent match for the Frame Sequential technology used in FULL HD 3D. Its vibrant colour reproduction faithfully renders the original quality of each 3D image. Panasonic's unique technologies (PHL Reference Chroma Processor Plus and Adaptive High Precision 4:4:4) also reproduce colours and details with even the slightest nuances, textures, and atmosphere of full-HD movies in 1080p— just as the filmmakers intended.

PHL Reference Chroma Processor Plus
PHL Reference Chroma Processor Plus is a high quality image-processing technology developed to precisely process each pixel of the Blu-ray DiscTM video signal in the vertical direction. It reproduces colour data with twice the accuracy of conventional systems to keep colours faithful and sharp.

Adaptive High Precision 4:4:4
Adaptive High Precision 4:4:4 reproduces the colour signals in horizontal directions with higher resolution. Not only Full HD movies in 1080p, concert and documentary films saved in 1080i are now reproduced with greater details than ever before. DMP-BD65/BD45 is compatible with High Precision 4:4:4.

New P4HD Enhanced Full HD Upsampling
With the new P4HD Enhanced full HD upsampling, the standard definition movies in DVD also approaches full HD quality. The picture is intelligently analyzed to have the best matching process done on each pixels.

Audio
-----

HDMI Jitter Purifier
In order to reduce this jitter error to the minimum in HDMI transfer, an HDMI Jitter Purifier has been added to our Blu-ray Disc™ player so for any AV receivers or TVs, the maximum Blu-ray sound potentially can be achieved.

Twin HDMI
One output can be dedicated to an audio signal output. The twin HDMI gives better sound quality and matches the needs of the users to have the customised cinema system with their legacy* audio equipments. (*Legacy referring to audio system incompatible to 3D content)

Digital Tube Sound
Panasonic has been studying the sound of vacuum tube amplifiers for over years. And now, we are able to faithfully simulate the characteristics of the distinctive warm comforting sound of the tube amplifiers. With this feature, 3 different kinds of vacuum tubes with different personalities can be enjoyed.

High Clarity Sound
When the analogue video terminal is not being used, the electrical current that flows through the analogue video circuit can be stopped. This prevents adverse effects on the audio signals and produces clearer sound. (* This functions only for Blu-ray disc™, DVDs, CDs and SD memory cards.)

7.1ch Analogue Out
The 7.1-channel analogue signal converted by the new 192kHz D/A converter is transmitted in high quality. This signal can be connected to a receiver that does not support HDMI.
------

Comment:
With these new performancing enhancing features, I'd like to see a face-off between the OPPO 83 and the Panasonic 350.
The Japanese strategy to recapture market share (and raise prices) with 3D may just be working!

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_G...880/index.html
post #143 of 932 Old 06-21-2010, 07:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post

S~

I need to go by Best Buy this week and pick up a few things, what size card would you guys recommend? They have an 8Gig on sale for $19.99 right now.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/PNY+-+8G...=1188561456052
post #144 of 932 Old 06-23-2010, 11:45 AM

I bought the DMP-BDT350 this weekend, and so far I'm pretty pleased. I have an old Panasonic plasma which is only capable of 480i, 480p, and 1080i (yes, it is old--it may get replaced next year when the prices on the 3D TVs come down). I am sending video and audio via HDMI through my Denon 3808CI receiver to the TV. The images from a Blu-Ray disc are amazing. I watched the new "Alice in Wonderland" last night (which, by the way, I don't recommend), and I could see the grain in the film. It looked just like a movie at the theatre (which, I suppose is the idea). The demo disk that came with the player looks great, too, even though I can only see it in 2D (the Furry Friends section creeps me out a little, though). I am especially impressed with how nice Netflix streamed movies look. They look much better on this Panasonic than on one of my friend's Samsung Blu-Ray players. The only concern I have is with standard DVDs. Frankly, I just didn't think they looked very good. I had hoped for a little better picture with the upconversion. There were lots of jaggies, bands, artifacts, and snow in the images. I admit I did have to get up a little closer to the TV to see this, but they were definitely there. I tried adjusting the Detail Clarity and Super Resolution settings (page 29 of the Owner's Manual), but I didn't see much difference. And why are there different numbers for each of these, which aren't mentioned in the Owner's Manual? Does a higher number mean Superer Resolultion? My main question is: Are there settings I should adjust to get an optimal picture, or am I just seeing the limitations inherent in a standard DVD? Thanks!
post #145 of 932 Old 06-23-2010, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleMark View Post

I bought the DMP-BDT350 this weekend, and so far I'm pretty pleased. I have an old Panasonic plasma which is only capable of 480i, 480p, and 1080i (yes, it is old--it may get replaced next year when the prices on the 3D TVs come down). I am sending video and audio via HDMI through my Denon 3808CI receiver to the TV. The images from a Blu-Ray disc are amazing. I watched the new "Alice in Wonderland" last night (which, by the way, I don't recommend), and I could see the grain in the film. It looked just like a movie at the theatre (which, I suppose is the idea). The demo disk that came with the player looks great, too, even though I can only see it in 2D (the Furry Friends section creeps me out a little, though). I am especially impressed with how nice Netflix streamed movies look. They look much better on this Panasonic than on one of my friend's Samsung Blu-Ray players. The only concern I have is with standard DVDs. Frankly, I just didn't think they looked very good. I had hoped for a little better picture with the upconversion. There were lots of jaggies, bands, artifacts, and snow in the images. I admit I did have to get up a little closer to the TV to see this, but they were definitely there. I tried adjusting the Detail Clarity and Super Resolution settings (page 29 of the Owner's Manual), but I didn't see much difference. And why are there different numbers for each of these, which aren't mentioned in the Owner's Manual? Does a higher number mean Superer Resolultion? My main question is: Are there settings I should adjust to get an optimal picture, or am I just seeing the limitations inherent in a standard DVD? Thanks!

I have the Panasonic DMP-BDT300 so what I am about to tell you should be the same. I dont get any of the issues you describe on my bluray player but here are some tips to make the picture better when playing a DVD. While watching a DVD press the DISPLAY button on the bottom of the remote. This will bring up a menu option DISC-PLAY-VIDEO-AUDIO, scroll down to video then right scroll to picture then right scroll to the next box to adjust the picture. Your options are then NORMAL-SOFT-FINE-CINEMA-ANIMATION-and USER which lets you create your own picture. You can even turn on cinema 24P if you like.

Hope this helps!

Bill

DirectV with ESPN 3D
Panasonic Viera 54" TC-P54VT25 3D Plasma
Panasonic BDT-300 Blu-Ray Player
Playstation 3 / Blu-Ray 3D
Xbox 360 with HD-DVD
Meridian 861
Meridian 800
Pioneer HLD-X9
post #146 of 932 Old 06-23-2010, 12:32 PM

Thank you very much for your response. I'll give that a try this evening. I'm still curious about the different settings in the Detail Clarity and Super Resolution. I'll fiddle with the settings and see what happens. Thanks!
post #147 of 932 Old 06-24-2010, 06:32 AM

Hello,
I just recently picked up the BDT-300. And I was wondering if anyone else is able to playback .mkv files?

I know .mkv is only a container, so is it limited to playback off a particular kind of format contained within the mkv ?
post #148 of 932 Old 06-24-2010, 08:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisG View Post

I need to go by Best Buy this week and pick up a few things, what size card would you guys recommend? They have an 8Gig on sale for $19.99 right now.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/PNY+-+8G...=1188561456052

That's the exact one I'm useing.. Works great.
post #149 of 932 Old 06-24-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonter View Post

Hello,
I just recently picked up the BDT-300. And I was wondering if anyone else is able to playback .mkv files?

I know .mkv is only a container, so is it limited to playback off a particular kind of format contained within the mkv ?

I have had no luck playing .mkv on my BDT-300 so I bought a couple of BD-RE (rewritable bluray disks) and use TxMuxgui and convert the .mkv to bluray then burn bluray discs and watch the movie.

Bill

DirectV with ESPN 3D
Panasonic Viera 54" TC-P54VT25 3D Plasma
Panasonic BDT-300 Blu-Ray Player
Playstation 3 / Blu-Ray 3D
Xbox 360 with HD-DVD
Meridian 861
Meridian 800
Pioneer HLD-X9
post #150 of 932 Old 06-26-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofx View Post

I have had no luck playing .mkv on my BDT-300 so I bought a couple of BD-RE (rewritable bluray disks) and use TxMuxgui and convert the .mkv to bluray then burn bluray discs and watch the movie.

seems like a step backwards, having to burn out blu-ray discs. After reading the manual a bit more close, i see it says mkv support for HD Divx, i guess that means no h.264. bummer, my old samsung that cost half of this could play that.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Panasonic Dmp Bdt310 Integrated Wi Fi 3d Blu Ray Dvd Player , Panasonic Dmp Bdt350 Full Hd 3d Blu Ray Disc Player , Panasonic Dmp Bdt300 Full Hd 3d Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - Bdt310 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page