Official Panasonic DMP-BDT300/350 Owners Thread - Page 9 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #241 of 931 Old 07-30-2010, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Stew4msu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Wylie, Texas, USA
Posts: 7,076
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by booley View Post

HELP! I just ordered a Panasonic BDT300 after being told it would be compatible with the Optoma HD66 and a pair of shutter 3D glasses. I opted to do this and avoid the current high cost of LED 3D TV's, despite being highly impressed by them. I also LOVED how my standard DVDs looked through the LEDs. They had depth and quality that were amazing. Even a 1950's Perry Como black and white kinescope looked good! In any event, hearing I would be able to view 3D on an 8 foot screen for a third of the price of an LED system I opted to go that route.

BUT, after ordering the above listed equipment online I am now reading that I can only expect to see computer generated movies. I hope this isn't true!! Please tell me otherwise ASAP!

PS. Incidentally, I talked to three different departments at Panasonic tech support and NONE of them had any idea what DLP Link meant and insisted that their DVD player would not work on anything but one of the new Panasonic 3D TV's or a Samsung.

You'll get more information in the projector forum, but it's my understanding that the Optoma needs a firmware update to be able to do 3D.

"The dream never dies, just the dreamer."

Stew4msu is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #242 of 931 Old 07-30-2010, 06:43 AM
Newbie
 
randyi803's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Of course Panasonic support is asking if HDMI SUB AV Out is turned on on my receiver. Then saying my receiver may not be compatible with the 3D. I thought that with the whole point of having the secondary HDMI out... Arrrggghhhh

The light not coming on tells me its a defective unit. I'll trade it out with another and give it another shot. That was a very frustrating support call.
randyi803 is offline  
post #243 of 931 Old 07-30-2010, 08:15 AM
Senior Member
 
bricot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 236
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post

Have at it. The problem is with the players and the 300/350's aren't doing their job. Lock means lock, period.



Ummm, did you ask them if they knew what the checkerboard output option was designed for?

Edit: If they think checkerboard is only designed for PC input they are very poorly trained. You get what you pay for.

Buzz

They told me it was something you play with little red and black disks ...
bricot is offline  
post #244 of 931 Old 07-30-2010, 10:06 AM
Member
 
Manshri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by vader100 View Post


Buzz, Manshri, Are you OK if I refer to your problems in any dealings with Panasonic?

Yes you can, let me know if they need anymore details.

Mandar
Manshri is offline  
post #245 of 931 Old 07-30-2010, 06:13 PM
Newbie
 
booley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Buzz!

I had just heard of the term "checkerboard output", so it didn't come to mind when speaking with Panasonic.

Does your reply mean the Panny will play DVDs in 3D to the Optoma HD 66? I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!
booley is offline  
post #246 of 931 Old 07-31-2010, 04:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
buzzard767's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Naples, FL & Wausau, WI
Posts: 3,533
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by booley View Post

Hi Buzz!

I had just heard of the term "checkerboard output", so it didn't come to mind when speaking with Panasonic.

Does your reply mean the Panny will play DVDs in 3D to the Optoma HD 66? I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!

Checkerboard is one of the 3D formats and it is the only one that certain TV's can display.

I don't know much about projectors but if you set 3D output to checkerboard and resolution to 720P you'll probably get 3D from a 3D Blu-Ray disc. Your answer can certainly be found in the AVS projector sub forum.

Buzz

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

 

buzzard767 is online now  
post #247 of 931 Old 07-31-2010, 08:12 AM
Newbie
 
randyi803's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok, I'm an idiot. Turns out my DVD/BD HDMI input on the Onkyo had somehow gotten remapped to a different HDMI port. I don't know how that could have happened as I had not been into the receiver setup since I first got it and had recently used a DMP-BD65 on the same port on the receiver. And of course now I'm experiencing the v.off setting getting reset like everyone else is. Still like the unit though.
randyi803 is offline  
post #248 of 931 Old 08-01-2010, 06:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Nimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: WLA CA
Posts: 2,403
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyi803 View Post

And of course now I'm experiencing the v.off setting getting reset like everyone else is. Still like the unit though.

I think Onkyo may need a fw update for this issue. The Pioneers don't seem to be affected by this, along with the Denon and Yamaha's.
Nimo is offline  
post #249 of 931 Old 08-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Member
 
Lazaredz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Read through the thread (whew!) and am looking foward to getting a 350. Have had nothing but great experiance with past Panny DVD players and am glad the tradition has continued.

So, if I read this right, I should be able to pass BR3D through the HDMI from the 350, into a compatable AVR (looking at the Pioneer 1020 right now as my leader with the Denon 1910 in second place) and then into my 73738 Mits without issue or loss?

Sorry ... probably a noob question .... alas we all start somewhere.

./scribed
Lazaredz is offline  
post #250 of 931 Old 08-02-2010, 03:51 AM
Newbie
 
grimson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just a curious question;

I use the analogue audio outputs on this player because my receiver does not support the HD audio streams and therefore cannot decode them.

To enjoy the HD audio this analogue approach does work well.

I thought about replacing my receiver for a receiver who can natively decode all the 'new' HD streams instead of decoding by this player.

So my question is;
What about the quality of audio decoding;
HD decoding DMP-300/350 versus receiver.

Is it worthfull to invest in a receiver which decodes the HD audio (AVR-3311) internally or, quality like, does the panasonic have better DA decoders?
grimson is offline  
post #251 of 931 Old 08-02-2010, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator
 
teachsac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 4,131
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazaredz View Post

Read through the thread (whew!) and am looking foward to getting a 350. Have had nothing but great experiance with past Panny DVD players and am glad the tradition has continued.

So, if I read this right, I should be able to pass BR3D through the HDMI from the 350, into a compatable AVR (looking at the Pioneer 1020 right now as my leader with the Denon 1910 in second place) and then into my 73738 Mits without issue or loss?

Sorry ... probably a noob question .... alas we all start somewhere.

./scribed

I'm using the 1020 right now, and everything works fine. You'd need to use the dual HDMIs on the 1910, one to the TV and one to the receiver. Better off with the 1911 if it's a new buy.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
teachsac is online now  
post #252 of 931 Old 08-02-2010, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator
 
teachsac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 4,131
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimson View Post

Just a curious question;

I use the analogue audio outputs on this player because my receiver does not support the HD audio streams and therefore cannot decode them.

To enjoy the HD audio this analogue approach does work well.

I thought about replacing my receiver for a receiver who can natively decode all the 'new' HD streams instead of decoding by this player.

So my question is;
What about the quality of audio decoding;
HD decoding DMP-300/350 versus receiver.

Is it worthfull to invest in a receiver which decodes the HD audio (AVR-3311) internally or, quality like, does the panasonic have better DA decoders?

In theory, it should work out the same. However, it is an audio receiver, its job is to decode audio. With the 3311, you will have the ability to use Audyssey for room correction. My belief is video components should do the video and audio components should do the audio and never the two shall meet.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
teachsac is online now  
post #253 of 931 Old 08-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Member
 
G-DEAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Evansville, IN
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got a great deal on a 58VT25 at my local HH Gregg. I have been following this thread while waiting for a BDT350 to become available. The word on the street is that it has already been discontinued. Not sure about the BDT300. Anyone have any more information on this?
G-DEAD is offline  
post #254 of 931 Old 08-03-2010, 12:51 AM
Advanced Member
 
Av8tr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 546
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazaredz View Post

Read through the thread (whew!) and am looking foward to getting a 350. Have had nothing but great experiance with past Panny DVD players and am glad the tradition has continued.

So, if I read this right, I should be able to pass BR3D through the HDMI from the 350, into a compatable AVR (looking at the Pioneer 1020 right now as my leader with the Denon 1910 in second place) and then into my 73738 Mits without issue or loss?

Sorry ... probably a noob question .... alas we all start somewhere.

./scribed

I have a very similar setup and everything is working great; after a little frustration caused mostly by my own lack of experience.

I have the Mits 65737, a Pioneer 1020, the Mits 3D starter kit, and the Panny 350. I run all thru the AVR. I run 1 HDMI cable to the AVR from the Directv box, and 1 from the AVR to the 3D adapter, and then 1 to the #1 HDMI input on the Mits TV. I think what caused a lot of my problems was having the CED on the Mits TV set to "on". Once I turned it off, all issues went away.

Good luck, and PM me if you have any questions.
Av8tr is offline  
post #255 of 931 Old 08-03-2010, 05:43 AM
Senior Member
 
mhetman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Somewhere, USA
Posts: 262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimo View Post

I think Onkyo may need a fw update for this issue. The Pioneers don't seem to be affected by this, along with the Denon and Yamaha's.

I agree, my Denon works fine with no reset of HDMI sub. It stays set with the V/off no matter how many time I shut off power.

ASUS Formula III Rampage MB
Intel I7 960 CPU ATI 5850
12GB RAM 58TB Storage
Windows 7 Ultra 64 Bit
Arcsoft TMT5, Ceton Infinity4
Onkyo 5008 to Samsung HL67A750
mhetman is offline  
post #256 of 931 Old 08-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Newbie
 
ABTOCMEPTb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Abes of Maine screwing with customers.

Their price for this dvd player was lowest around plus I had online coupon so total price was very attractive. I placed an order and next day got a call from a sales person. He started his sale pitch about "a very important 1.4 HDMI cables that is on sale for $45". I explained to him that I am all set and he told me unit ships tomorrow.

Well 5 days later I call to see what is going on and another rep told me that units are back ordered.

I am sad that another company I use to like doing same ol' dirty tactics.
ABTOCMEPTb is offline  
post #257 of 931 Old 08-03-2010, 11:37 PM
Advanced Member
 
Av8tr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 546
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I finally got the network working well, but for some reason it won't play mp3's. Am I missing something? I downloaded Tversity, although I haven't figured that out very well either. I'm pretty new to this networking media stuff, although I've had wireless routers for years for my laptops.

I also can't get any of my videos to play. I thought I had some simple mpegs, but the player keeps saying "cannot play".
Av8tr is offline  
post #258 of 931 Old 08-04-2010, 05:30 AM
Member
 
vader100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimo View Post

I think Onkyo may need a fw update for this issue. The Pioneers don't seem to be affected by this, along with the Denon and Yamaha's.

If you look here:- http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1231167&page=8

it has affected Pioneer owners.
vader100 is offline  
post #259 of 931 Old 08-04-2010, 05:46 AM
Newbie
 
k1elec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Booley

Quote:
Originally Posted by booley View Post

HELP! I just ordered a Panasonic BDT300 after being told it would be compatible with the Optoma HD66 and a pair of shutter 3D glasses. I opted to do this and avoid the current high cost of LED 3D TV's, despite being highly impressed by them. I also LOVED how my standard DVDs looked through the LEDs. They had depth and quality that were amazing. Even a 1950's Perry Como black and white kinescope looked good! In any event, hearing I would be able to view 3D on an 8 foot screen for a third of the price of an LED system I opted to go that route.

BUT, after ordering the above listed equipment online I am now reading that I can only expect to see computer generated movies. I hope this isn't true!! Please tell me otherwise ASAP!

PS. Incidentally, I talked to three different departments at Panasonic tech support and NONE of them had any idea what DLP Link meant and insisted that their DVD player would not work on anything but one of the new Panasonic 3D TV's or a Samsung.


If you get it running can you report back as I have an Optoma HD600X 3D ready Projector

from what I have seen if you have a choice of settings you want to use
120Hz frame sequential (some times called page flipping) with 720P

but i would also think 120HZ with checker board would work at 720P as well but not 100% sure though

good luck
k1elec is offline  
post #260 of 931 Old 08-04-2010, 05:51 AM
Newbie
 
k1elec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Booley

Quote:
Originally Posted by booley View Post

HELP! I just ordered a Panasonic BDT300 after being told it would be compatible with the Optoma HD66 and a pair of shutter 3D glasses. I opted to do this and avoid the current high cost of LED 3D TV's, despite being highly impressed by them. I also LOVED how my standard DVDs looked through the LEDs. They had depth and quality that were amazing. Even a 1950's Perry Como black and white kinescope looked good! In any event, hearing I would be able to view 3D on an 8 foot screen for a third of the price of an LED system I opted to go that route.

BUT, after ordering the above listed equipment online I am now reading that I can only expect to see computer generated movies. I hope this isn't true!! Please tell me otherwise ASAP!

PS. Incidentally, I talked to three different departments at Panasonic tech support and NONE of them had any idea what DLP Link meant and insisted that their DVD player would not work on anything but one of the new Panasonic 3D TV's or a Samsung.


also I beleve you can watch 3D blu ray via a Nivdia 3D vision graphics card with 3dtv.at steroscopic player on a 3D projector

hope this helps
k1elec is offline  
post #261 of 931 Old 08-04-2010, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
PaulGo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Potomac, MD
Posts: 3,612
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8tr View Post

I finally got the network working well, but for some reason it won't play mp3's. Am I missing something? I downloaded Tversity, although I haven't figured that out very well either. I'm pretty new to this networking media stuff, although I've had wireless routers for years for my laptops.

I also can't get any of my videos to play. I thought I had some simple mpegs, but the player keeps saying "cannot play".

For some weird reason Panasonic has not implemented mmp3 playback through DLNA. You can put the mp3s on a USB stick and it will play.
PaulGo is offline  
post #262 of 931 Old 08-04-2010, 08:19 AM
Member
 
high def mon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Metro Denver
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
PAULGO What HDMI input on your Sammy can you use to play 3-D using your Panny 300/350? Does it have to be HDMI/DVI 3? Have you tried HDMI 1 or 2?
high def mon is offline  
post #263 of 931 Old 08-05-2010, 06:25 AM
Senior Member
 
thebat68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 368
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by high def mon View Post

PAULGO What HDMI input on your Sammy can you use to play 3-D using your Panny 300/350? Does it have to be HDMI/DVI 3? Have you tried HDMI 1 or 2?

It only works on HDMI/DVI 3.
thebat68 is offline  
post #264 of 931 Old 08-05-2010, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
PaulGo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Potomac, MD
Posts: 3,612
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebat68 View Post

It only works on HDMI/DVI 3.


And the source material has to be 1080p. The Panasonic automatically upconverts all 3D material to 1080p when checkerboard is chosen.
PaulGo is offline  
post #265 of 931 Old 08-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Member
 
high def mon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Metro Denver
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for both of your imputs. Time to start looking for switchers that play nice with 3DA-1 adapter + Gefen HDMI detective. No HDMI AVR here so any suggestions? and no my 3DA-1 is still on order.
high def mon is offline  
post #266 of 931 Old 08-05-2010, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mrjktcvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,432
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
The Best Buy by my office is remodeling their Magnolia listening room, so they needed to clear everything out. Just picked up the 350 for 1/2 price, or less than I paid for my 85 2 months ago.
mrjktcvs is offline  
post #267 of 931 Old 08-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Member
 
KenJr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just received my new BDT300. There's no demo disc. Suggestions?
KenJr is offline  
post #268 of 931 Old 08-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Member
 
davestercrombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can someone please help me. I just bought the bdt300. I think the kid at best buy threw me through a loop. He told me it will convert my regular blu ray movies from 2d to 3d.

Is this true? I can't find the setting.

I have a new panasonic vt25 and can watch regular 3d blu ray discs but like I said I was told I could watch my regular 2d blu ray discs in 3d.

Thanks for any information.
davestercrombie is offline  
post #269 of 931 Old 08-07-2010, 10:46 PM
Member
 
high def mon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Metro Denver
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by davestercrombie View Post

Can someone please help me. I just bought the bdt300. I think the kid at best buy threw me through a loop. He told me it will convert my regular blu ray movies from 2d to 3d.

Is this true? I can't find the setting.

I have a new panasonic vt25 and can watch regular 3d blu ray discs but like I said I was told I could watch my regular 2d blu ray discs in 3d.

Thanks for any information.

I believe the sales clerk may have got the Sammy confused with the Panny. The Sammy is the only BD player that I know of that will do 2-d to 3-d conversion: http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/t...l&tab=features Come to think about it and I seem to remember that it's the Sammy TV's that do the conversion, sorry about that.
high def mon is offline  
post #270 of 931 Old 08-08-2010, 01:35 AM
Member
 
vader100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by high def mon View Post

I believe the sales clerk may have got the Sammy confused with the Panny. The Sammy is the only BD player that I know of that will do 2-d to 3-d conversion: http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/t...l&tab=features Come to think about it and I seem to remember that it's the Sammy TV's that do the conversion, sorry about that.

The salesman was wrong. Only the TV's do a conversion. The Panasonic VT20 doesn't convert at all, the Samsungs do a good job with some material and reports say the Sonys are poor.

I have one burning problem with this player now. I cannot get it to play back from where it left off. It always starts the disc off from scratch. Gets incredibly annoying, a very big backwards step unless I have missed a setting somewhere.
vader100 is offline  
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Panasonic Dmp Bdt310 Integrated Wi Fi 3d Blu Ray Dvd Player , Panasonic Dmp Bdt350 Full Hd 3d Blu Ray Disc Player , Panasonic Dmp Bdt300 Full Hd 3d Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off