DBP2011 & DBP-1611 owner's thread. All questions and comments go here. - Page 25 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 1056 Old 01-29-2011, 06:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
^^^ thanx got it now one other question, on my 1611 for down sampling. i is set at 48khz.my 3311 shows it can go to192 khz, now I realy dont know what all this means, can or should i change my 1611 to 192kh under audio down sampling? or leave it at 48khz? does it make a difference? any help will be appreciated, also for listining to cd's is it better to hook up the rca jacks on the 1611 to my 3311? or just leave it with the hdmi for cd as well? hope this makes sense, as Iam over tired lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 1056 Old 01-30-2011, 12:24 AM

Liked: 11
Hi! Didn´t someone here on the forum confirm after talking to someone at denon
that this player was going to have "PreP" "detail enhancement" and "edge enhancement" activated in the abt-2015 chip??

Doesn´t seem so according to manual...

And that does it for me. Haven´t heard a word about subtitle shift either.
That does it even more for me

Guess I have to involve a oppo-bdp83/93 in my av-rack after all. A pitty
when all denon parts would have looked absolutely best
post #723 of 1056 Old 01-30-2011, 07:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to mariob33
Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post

For which model?

Anything above the 1611 priced 999 and up?

In search of video bliss...
post #724 of 1056 Old 01-30-2011, 03:46 PM

Liked: 12
QUESTION: I DO use the CEC (Anynet from Samsung) functions with my current Denon AVR 1910 Receiver and my Samsung UN46B8000 LED TV- and it works great for me. (I know people post to turn off anynet, but it works fine for my set up). I also have a terrible Samsung BR player (P1600) that I want to upgrade to the Denon. I see Denon also supports CEC. Has anyone on this thread tried to use CEC on this Denon. The features I want to use with CEC are simple- I want to turn on the Denon Blu Ray player and I want the TV to turn on- thats it. Let me know if you have done this. Thanks !
post #725 of 1056 Old 01-31-2011, 06:00 PM

Thanks for this! I was wondering this myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroeska View Post

When you've got a blu-ray disc in the player, use the "Mode" button to switch the audio from "HD Audio Mix" to just "HD Audio" (or something like that - it's the first option that comes up). That should change the default. You can also use the Audio button on the remote to cycle through audio types.

post #726 of 1056 Old 01-31-2011, 07:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTV DRAGON View Post

hey guys I have a denon 3311 and just bought a denon dbp-1611, Iam wondering why even after I have the 1611 set o bitstream it is still showing as multi channel in on my 3311 screen? my other bd player a sony showed up as dts master on the 3311,when it was set to bitstream? any ideas, I think iam getting the same quality sound but it is showing up as multichannle, does it mean my 1611 is doing the converting and not my3311? ow can i get the 3311 to show dts ? thanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroeska View Post

DTV DRAGON,

When you've got a blu-ray disc in the player, use the "Mode" button to switch the audio from "HD Audio Mix" to just "HD Audio" (or something like that - it's the first option that comes up). That should change the default. You can also use the Audio button on the remote to cycle through audio types.

Yeah, per MBroeska, this is the "dreaded" (insofar as, per DTV's experience, it can be difficult to resolve what's going wrong with aud output if you don't know it's turned on) Secondary Audio ("SA"). Check out page 24 of the 1611 manual.

I had a not insignifcant back and forth about this approximately two weeks ago in the Sony S370/470 owners thread with a member who insisted that it is "common knowledge" that all BD players can give you the lossless codecs AND SA simultaneously. I disagreed and, DTV, your experience is further proof to my BDP-83 experience as to why.

In "HD Audio Ouput" mode, you "Cannot listen to interactive or secondary audio." "Mix Audio Output" "Outputs a mix of primary audio/interactive audio/secondary audio." You get lossless with the former, a lossy core extraction with the latter.
post #727 of 1056 Old 01-31-2011, 07:11 PM

^^^^yes got it all sorted out now, thanx for eveyones help
post #728 of 1056 Old 02-01-2011, 07:32 AM

have another question.. first off my 1611 is hookedto my 3311 by hdmi, now when I want to listen to cd music, to get the best sound from it do i press pure direct on the remote?I tried this but no sound came out, but after reading i think I would need to hook up some rca connectsfrom the 1611 to 3311. is this correct? will this give me the best soung quality?m or is it better to just listen without going pure direct? hope this makes sense lol
post #729 of 1056 Old 02-02-2011, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtr View Post

QUESTION: I DO use the CEC (Anynet from Samsung) functions with my current Denon AVR 1910 Receiver and my Samsung UN46B8000 LED TV- and it works great for me. (I know people post to turn off anynet, but it works fine for my set up). I also have a terrible Samsung BR player (P1600) that I want to upgrade to the Denon. I see Denon also supports CEC. Has anyone on this thread tried to use CEC on this Denon. The features I want to use with CEC are simple- I want to turn on the Denon Blu Ray player and I want the TV to turn on- thats it. Let me know if you have done this. Thanks !

I have a Samsung UE46C8705 combined with Denon AVR 1911 and the Denon1611 Blu-ray.

When just watching TV and the 1611 is turned off.. it sometimes powers up the blu-ray which is annoying to say the least this may happen when just switching programs or entering text tv.. which shouldn't make the blu-ray player power up.. So im very tempted to turn off the CEC on the blu-ray player
post #730 of 1056 Old 02-02-2011, 10:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.R.S View Post

Yeah, per MBroeska, this is the "dreaded" (insofar as, per DTV's experience, it can be difficult to resolve what's going wrong with aud output if you don't know it's turned on) Secondary Audio ("SA"). Check out page 24 of the 1611 manual.

I had a not insignifcant back and forth about this approximately two weeks ago in the Sony S370/470 owners thread with a member who insisted that it is "common knowledge" that all BD players can give you the lossless codecs AND SA simultaneously. I disagreed and, DTV, your experience is further proof to my BDP-83 experience as to why.

In "HD Audio Ouput" mode, you "Cannot listen to interactive or secondary audio." "Mix Audio Output" "Outputs a mix of primary audio/interactive audio/secondary audio." You get lossless with the former, a lossy core extraction with the latter.

In thinking about this even further, I suppose it's possible that what is happening when the player is in "Mix Audio Output" mode it is converting Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD MA to PCM first to facilitate the mixing in of the SA. That would explain why you're not getting your DTS-HD MA light but it doesn't ipso facto mean that it's not lossless anymore.
post #731 of 1056 Old 02-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Hey guys, picked one up last week and Im already experiencing an issue. The unit simply doesn't turn on. I plugged it in into a surge sup. power bar along with other equipment, at the end of the day, I try turning it on again and nothing happens. I unplug it and plug it in into another receptacle and boot up just fine. What do you guys think, the player or the powerbar?

I'm testing it out tonight straight into a direct receptacle and see what happens. Hopefully it's the powerbar.

Get all your A/V News at: AVS Latest News

Like AVS Forum on Facebook
Follow AVS Forums on Twitter

AVSForum
Bringing the AV Community Together
post #732 of 1056 Old 02-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Advanced Member

Re ^^

Sounds like the same power management settings glitch that others experienced. Review the last few pages of this thread for colloquy on that. Briefly, a) it's likely not the power strip and; b) the issue with the player was resolved at least according to a couple of different owners through I think the same firmware upgrade that enabled 3D playback.
post #733 of 1056 Old 02-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.R.S View Post

Re ^^

Sounds like the same power management settings glitch that others experienced. Review the last few pages of this thread for colloquy on that. Briefly, a) it's likely not the power strip and; b) the issue with the player was resolved at least according to a couple of different owners through I think the same firmware upgrade that enabled 3D playback.

I will do that, thanks Paul.R.S. I'll keep you guys posted.

Cheers

Get all your A/V News at: AVS Latest News

Like AVS Forum on Facebook
Follow AVS Forums on Twitter

AVSForum
Bringing the AV Community Together
post #734 of 1056 Old 02-03-2011, 08:38 PM
boe
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariob33 View Post

Anything above the 1611 priced 999 and up?

I paid $1100 for my 5000es a couple of years ago and it is fantastic. I wouldn't think twice about spending more than $1000 on a new BR player if it had even better load times, upscaling and new features such as 3D, netflix etc. than my existing BR player. I'm not saying everyone would be willing to pay more than $1K for a BR player but I think there is definitely a market after all Denon has several BR players that were over $1K including the recently released anniversary edition.
post #735 of 1056 Old 02-04-2011, 07:54 AM

Booted up this morning to a firmware update message. It took a minute or two and rebooted. Everything seems fine but I see no difference. Does anyone know where one might find a changelog? For reference, I had already done the update which resolves the power-on issue and adds 3D when I got the player a couple weeks ago.
post #736 of 1056 Old 02-04-2011, 01:55 PM

Yet another post...

I have an AVR-2309CI. Everything is great except for bass levels. I know from my setup that I've done the Audyssey setup properly (using the Audyssey guide provided here on the forum). The issue is that with all Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio tracks, the bass seems clipped. I've tested the 2-disc Avatar set switching from DVD to blu-ray and the DVD has bass more like what I'm expecting. I've tested my War of the Worlds DVD to make sure the problem doesn't exist with DVDs and it seems fine.

On Star Trek (2009) blu-ray, if I switch between the HD audio track and the non-HD audio French track, the explosions in the first attack at approx 2:30 are different in their bass levels. The French track is noticeably better where the HD track seems to be missing that lower extension altogether. There is SOME, but not the same.

Thoughts?
post #737 of 1056 Old 02-04-2011, 01:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 2176 Post(s)
Liked: 2265
sounds like you have the boomy bass bug on your 2309: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1177104

it only affects lossy bitstream, which is why you are hearing boomy bass on Dolby Digital but clean bass on TrueHD tracks.

The way it sounds with the HD audio tracks is actually probably the CORRECT one

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #738 of 1056 Old 02-04-2011, 03:18 PM

Batpig! Thanks for the quick response. I was going to email you but thought that a community would be faster than an individual. I'll read up on this and see what I can do.
post #739 of 1056 Old 02-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Advanced Member

That was wicked: Four minutes after your post, MBro, BP has insight/the answer and a link to an on-point thread . . . with freakin' graphs in the first post. LOL. Nice.
post #740 of 1056 Old 02-07-2011, 07:03 AM

I'm thinking of buying on of these units for a new room I'm putting together. Why are they out of stock everywhere? They've been out for a while, haven't they? I'm concerned there is a problem I'm not finding.
post #741 of 1056 Old 02-07-2011, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 670 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unix_Beard View Post
I'm thinking of buying on of these units for a new room I'm putting together. Why are they out of stock everywhere? They've been out for a while, haven't they? I'm concerned there is a problem I'm not finding.
Probably selling like hot cakes!
post #742 of 1056 Old 02-07-2011, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unix_Beard View Post

Unix,

Abt.com, Electronics Expo and Wide World Stereo seem to have them in stock according to Amazon.com. I think only a few units were allocated initially for whatever reason.

Willie

Basement: Oppo BDP-105D, Denon DVD-5910CI, Arcam FMJ BDP300, Cambridge 640C V2
Master Bedroom: Sony BDP-S790
Vacation Home: Oppo BDP-103D
Family Room: Oppo BDP-93, Pioneer BDP-320
Office: Cambridge 752BD
post #743 of 1056 Old 02-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Advanced Member

Does anybody know how to look up the firmware version of the 1611? Usually there is a remote control code for this.
post #744 of 1056 Old 02-10-2011, 11:44 AM
Ace of Bass

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Quoted: 2002 Post(s)
Liked: 1548
Denon 1611UD Firmware updated for 3d, but I get "skipping"

When watching 3d, the machine doesnt seem to be able to keep up. Basically, the skipping will begin after about 30 minutes, and wont stop unless I fast forward or rewind, then it is immediately gone. anyone have experience with this?

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread
post #745 of 1056 Old 02-10-2011, 04:08 PM

Read about half this thread and can't find the answer.

Just looking into the 1611 to purchase but noticed it apparently only has stereo analog out. So how does it play multi-channel DVD-Audio?
If I am not mistaken, you cannot bitsteam DVD-Audio, or am I wrong?

Plan to use this with my Denon 4311 receiver.

DBP-1611 or Oppo 93, probably a common choice here.

Thanks
post #746 of 1056 Old 02-10-2011, 04:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 2176 Post(s)
Liked: 2265
it would go over HDMI....

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #747 of 1056 Old 02-10-2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD500 View Post

Read about half this thread and can't find the answer.

Just looking into the 1611 to purchase but noticed it apparently only has stereo analog out. So how does it play multi-channel DVD-Audio?
If I am not mistaken, you cannot bitsteam DVD-Audio, or am I wrong?

Plan to use this with my Denon 4311 receiver.

DBP-1611 or Oppo 93, probably a common choice here.

Thanks

From what I understand, HDMI can do what digital coax or optical couldn't do. My universal Pioneer dvd player could only use the analog multichannel outs, digital audio outputs couldn't do it.
post #748 of 1056 Old 02-11-2011, 07:25 AM
Advanced Member

The 1611 can do DSD bitstream over HDMI.
post #749 of 1056 Old 02-11-2011, 08:13 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have the 4311 and I stream DVD-A and SACD over HDMI without any issues.

----------------
post #750 of 1056 Old 02-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Advanced Member

Does this mean the player automatically converts MLP (Meridian Lossless Packing) to PCM before bitstreaming DVD-A? Is there such a thing as/a need for MLP conversion by a pre/pro/AVR?
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , Denon Dbp 1611ud Universal Blu Ray Dvd Cd Player Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page