DBP2011 & DBP-1611 owner's thread. All questions and comments go here. - Page 31 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #901 of 1055 Old 12-15-2011, 04:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bust-A-Cap View Post

I just purchased a Denon DBP-1611UD Blue Ray DVD. The problem I have with this unit is that the green power indicator light will not come on when the unit is turned on. I have tried the following:

1. Unplugging the unit from the back
2. initializing the unit (Multiple Times)
3. Pressing the stop button and layer button together on front panel
4. Firmware Update

I tossed the box the unit came in because this wasn't an issue when I first activated it, but I don't want to ship to Denon if there is a simple fix. Your suggestions are welcome as I am a nube at this and could use some help.

Is it just the light not working? If it is I would leave it. I would actually like my light not to work.

Ta Dono
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 1055 Old 12-16-2011, 05:49 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It seems like there is something wrong with your unit for the light not to work. The green light is very bright and considerably brighter than the one on my Denon 4311 receiver.

----------------
post #903 of 1055 Old 12-21-2011, 11:01 PM

I just bought the BDP-1611UD Denon multi-region blu ray player. It played my Blu ray dvd fine but when I started my 3D disc, it gave me an error or rather a notice that it required 3D enabled player for this disc. Surprised, I assumed that it was lacking a software upgrade. Which I later downloaded and updated via the ethernet connection. However upon completion of download it gave the message of reboot and then shut down. I have been restarting the player but the green light is on and the rest of the main panel is blank. I've closed and de-plugged the cable and restarted again but it would not change its position. If I shut off via the remote the green power light continues to blink. What else do I need to do? I read somewhere that a Resetting the Microprocessor is required. Please advise as I'm quite distraught at this dilemma.
post #904 of 1055 Old 12-22-2011, 05:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azahid View Post

I just bought the BDP-1611UD Denon multi-region blu ray player. It played my Blu ray dvd fine but when I started my 3D disc, it gave me an error or rather a notice that it required 3D enabled player for this disc. Surprised, I assumed that it was lacking a software upgrade. Which I later downloaded and updated via the ethernet connection. However upon completion of download it gave the message of reboot and then shut down. I have been restarting the player but the green light is on and the rest of the main panel is blank. I've closed and de-plugged the cable and restarted again but it would not change its position. If I shut off via the remote the green power light continues to blink. What else do I need to do? I read somewhere that a Resetting the Microprocessor is required. Please advise as I'm quite distraught at this dilemma.

this happens to mine every now and then even after the firmware update that was supposed to correct it...normally unplugging the unit for a few mins then plugging back it fixes it

I believe you have to enable 3D in the settings of your player in order for it to work...i cant confirm this bc I dont have a 3D TV

-
If you havent listened to it yet can you really say its not better?
post #905 of 1055 Old 12-22-2011, 02:07 PM

Does anyone know for sure if the 1611 will internally decode DD True HD and DTD-MA and send over HDMI? Word from Denon is yes but in several experiments, it sounds as if it does not.
TJG
post #906 of 1055 Old 12-22-2011, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJG55 View Post

Does anyone know for sure if the 1611 will internally decode DD True HD and DTD-MA and send over HDMI? Word from Denon is yes but in several experiments, it sounds as if it does not.
TJG

I may be wrong here, but I think this is not a simple Yes or No question. What avr do you have the 1611 hooked up to?

In my case I have a Denon 2310 that is decoding the DD True HD and DTS-MA over HDMI, the display on the avr shows this accordingly and the "big blue light" for HD audio is lit.

Although it was not a question, but in case of an SACD playback my 1611 decodes the DSD, coz the 2310 does not have such feature, thus the display on the avr shows "MULTI CH IN" while all 5.1 input indicators are lit. And in case of "Tron Legacy" on BD all 7.1 input indicators are lit, since this BD is one of the rare cases mixed in 7.1!! "Big blue light' is ON again!
post #907 of 1055 Old 12-22-2011, 02:46 PM

If signal is being decoded internally,no reciever (AVR 1712) will display DD THD or DTS MA, it will only show Multi-in or PCM depending on device. But, there is still no definitive way to tell if high rez track is being sent.
TJG
post #908 of 1055 Old 12-22-2011, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If signal is being decoded internally,no reciever (AVR 1712) will display DD THD or DTS MA, it will only show Multi-in or PCM depending on device. But, there is still no definitive way to tell if high rez track is being sent.
TJG

Isn't the "big blue light" definitive enough? Is it lit on your 1712?
post #909 of 1055 Old 12-22-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azahid View Post

You should try a hard initialize. When I had the problem with mine Denon told me to simultaneously press the Disc Layer button and the stop button on the front of the unit to initiate a hard initialize. I didn't have any luck with my problem when I tried this but it may work for you. I was eventually able to return my unit and the new one works fine.
post #910 of 1055 Old 12-22-2011, 08:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 921
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogorf View Post

Isn't the "big blue light" definitive enough? Is it lit on your 1712?

No blue light if the PLAYER is doing the decoding. That's what he is asking about. But i assume there has to be an info screen on the player right?

Besides, Denon for rid of the blue HD audio light on the xx11 models

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #911 of 1055 Old 12-22-2011, 11:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

No blue light if the PLAYER is doing the decoding. That's what he is asking about. But i assume there has to be an info screen on the player right?

Thanks for the info batpig. I wonder why the Blue light was dropped?
post #912 of 1055 Old 12-23-2011, 05:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I have mine set to Bitstream but when I press the Info button it tells me what the audio track is and Im sure it does the same if the player is set to PCM

did not know that about the Blue HD Light

-
post #913 of 1055 Old 12-23-2011, 07:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogorf View Post

Thanks for the info batpig. I wonder why the Blue light was dropped?

new flavor of the month for the xx09 and xx10 models the ability to bitstream was the big deal, so it got the big blue "HD" light. for the xx11 models the "blue light" became "3D" and/or "DSX"... the new fad!

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #914 of 1055 Old 12-23-2011, 07:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-smith View Post

I have mine set to Bitstream but when I press the Info button it tells me what the audio track is and Im sure it does the same if the player is set to PCM

so if you have it set to bitstream and the info is registering the correct audio track, what's the problem again?

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #915 of 1055 Old 12-23-2011, 08:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

so if you have it set to bitstream and the info is registering the correct audio track, what's the problem again?

no problem for me, was just trying to help out the other user that was not sure if he was getting HD audio or not

-
post #916 of 1055 Old 12-23-2011, 09:06 AM

If Denon 1611 is set to PCM, the reciever 1712 only shows Multi-in. Want to use this unit, DBP 1611 with other unit which does NOT decode DDTHD or DTSMA. In listening tests it sounds as if it 1611, does not decode.
TJG
post #917 of 1055 Old 12-23-2011, 09:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

So I'll ask again: is there not an info button on the player that will show you what is being decoded?

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #918 of 1055 Old 12-23-2011, 10:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

If Denon 1611 is set to PCM, the reciever 1712 only shows Multi-in. Want to use this unit, DBP 1611 with other unit which does NOT decode DDTHD or DTSMA. In listening tests it sounds as if it 1611, does not decode.
TJG

you are looking in the wrong place...your receiver is showing exactly what it is receiving

to confirm you are getting the HD audio track with player set to PCM you should be checking on the player itself and not the receiver

as stated above, use the info button on the player while watching a movie to see what track is playing

-
post #919 of 1055 Old 12-23-2011, 11:11 AM

I aasume you mean the Audio button since there is NO info button.
TJG
post #920 of 1055 Old 12-23-2011, 11:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I aasume you mean the Audio button since there is NO info button.
TJG

if you are using the factory remote it is called the Display button

i use a universal remote and its called Info on it

it will display an Information Bar across the top of the screen...movie time, current track, resolution and the current audio track playing

see page 13 of the manual

----

also, what Bluray are you testing with? the newer releases usually default to the HD audio track but some of the older releases like the Matrix set require you to actually select the HD track under from Menu Language Selection or Setup, cant remember how they word it but its usually one of the two.

-
post #921 of 1055 Old 12-28-2011, 11:03 AM

Hello !
Tomorrow my new Denon DBP-1611 arrives. And i am not sure what the newest Firmware is !?
Was there one after August 2011 ??
Does anyone has a complete changelog ??

Thanks a lot
post #922 of 1055 Old 12-28-2011, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1971 View Post

Hello !
Tomorrow my new Denon DBP-1611 arrives. And i am not sure what the newest Firmware is !?
Was there one after August 2011 ??
Does anyone has a complete changelog ??

Thanks a lot

Hi Alex,

Don't know where you reside, but this is the changelog from Denon Europe firmware download site:

----

Changelog of DBP1611UD
MCU Ver 102
YouTube is not supported.

MCU Ver 101
Specific BD "Foreigner:Rockin at the Ryman"stops at 00:00:12.

The icon is not displayed of SOUND OF MUSIC (A privilege disc).

When BD-R was recorded by Panasonic BD recorder, it can't reproduce and no operation.
DBP-1611UD doesn't play DVD-AUDIO disc "SARAH VAUGHAN AND THE COUNT BASIE ORCHESTRA/SEND IN THE CLOWNS (VIAJ-60014)"

MCU Ver 100
If in setup menu -> Audio -> Sound output -> HDMI Audio is set to off, 3D is not available anymore.
Playback failure with "TDBA-0051/EURO ARTS 2055498/EURO ARTS 2053078".
Does not play BD "Piranha" in 3D (DIMENSION FILM).
The reader is stuck after the menu entry of the copyright and does not go to chapter 1 movie. In this condition unit cannot be controlled neither by any key nor by RC. The only exception is the Power operation button (ON/STANDBY) to switch off.

①. LIGABUE Title. "ARRIVEDERCI MOSTRO" W.B. Records DVD 9 DOUBLE LAYER.

②. LIGABUE Title "SETTE NOTTI IN ARENA" W.B. Records DVD 9 DOUBLE LAYER.

MCU Ver 085
Update the Firmware for correspond to "3D".
Correction of the Firmware for a symptom that "Power on does not work".

----

Or if no one chimes in from your area you will have to wait till tomorrow for your stock coz Denon site requires the serial no. of the set.
post #923 of 1055 Old 12-29-2011, 12:24 AM

@mogorf
Thanks !!!

Which buttons ich have to push to show the current FW Version on der Display of the 1611 ??
post #924 of 1055 Old 01-04-2012, 03:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1971 View Post

@mogorf
Thanks !!!

Which buttons ich have to push to show the current FW Version on der Display of the 1611 ??

Sorry for a late reply Alex, but even I didn't know how to check the current firmware, so I contacted Denon guy on Facebook and here's what he said: "You can only get that information from service mode, which we cannot provide. Is there a reason why you need to know the firmware version? If you let us know the problem you're having we can help."

Quite strange, eh? Meantime, my unit is working flawlessly, so as the saying goes: "Don't fix it if it ain't broken!"

By this time you should also be a happy owner of a Denon DBP-1611UD, how does it work for you?
post #925 of 1055 Old 01-06-2012, 01:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I picked up one of these players yesterday for a really good price. This is replacing my Panny BD35 which has served me well for 3 years. I mainly wanted this for it's source direct option since I've added an Onkyo 3009 to the mix which has top notch video processing from HQV Vida and Qdeo. So far I'm impressed, the load times are marginally faster than my BD35.

More pics of my HT http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gal...ember=nismo604
post #926 of 1055 Old 01-12-2012, 01:43 AM

Hi,

i wonder if this works.
Anyone have tried this?
post #927 of 1055 Old 01-22-2012, 05:27 PM

Has anyone had any trouble getting the player- in BITSTREAM mode- to stream out DTS-HD or other HD signals. I have it connected via HDMI and it used to work great (set up to output bitstream into my Denon AVR 1910).

I switched recently to PCM and my receiver playes (Multi Channel In) and it worked fine. (I did this for a reason- one particular movie worked better that way- but thats another topic- that has been highlighed in other threads-Star Wars on Blue Ray)

I switched back to let my receiver do the decoding (reset to BITSTREAM)- and my receiver does not recognize the HD signal . It decodes regular DTS or DD,but not HD. I tried many settings carefully reading the manual for both devices.

I have a feeling there is something stupid I am not doing, but can't figure it out. This is not somehting that never worked before. But the blue ray player has been acting very weird lately- not responding to commands or getting into odd states where I have to reboot it.

Any ideas what to check?
post #928 of 1055 Old 01-23-2012, 06:16 AM

Hey everyone, just bought a Denon 1611 blu ray player and I'm having a frustrating day. I plugged my one of my external NTFS formatted HDD into the front USB port and it listed all my video files (mostly MKVs) and the ones I tried played perfectly.

I then updated the firmware via the network ethernet cable and since then the player will not recognise my hard drive. It will recognise my FAT32 formatted HDD but I can't play MKVs off that due to the 4gb file size limit.

Feeling very frustrated now, I know I'm new round here and haven't contributed anything yet but does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get the player to recognise my HDD or revert back to the old firmware (I've tried unplugging and the hard initialize)
post #929 of 1055 Old 01-25-2012, 08:56 AM

Hi,

I'm new here on the forums, but have been reading along for a while. Can I ask some information/experiences on the Denon DBP-1611UD?

How would one value the DBP-1611 on the market today? Alternatives for me would be players like the Panasonic 210 and the likes (i.e., going down in budget, not up). I can get a DBP-1611 for 349euros at a local and well-respected Hifi dealer. I am just wondering about some of the downsides of this player and was wondering if someone can confirm/disconfirm.

- Is the overexposed image really fixed with a firmware update?
- Has the speed of the player (e.g., power-on to eject) improved with firmware updates?

I'm also wondering about the noise of the player, but I will be checking out the player this saturday at said store. Just not sure if that unit will have the newest firmware. Thank you for reading.
post #930 of 1055 Old 01-25-2012, 09:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

(BTW I don't actually own this unit) I think the key value proposition of this player is the "universal" disc support for BD, SACD, and DVD-A, plus the ability to be set to "source direct" output to let an external processor handle audio and video. So if you are looking for a great digital transport to mate with a nice receiver and/or video processor, and crave support for hi-rez audio, it seems like a winner.

If your priority on the other hand is "features", like robust network streaming support, and you don't care about SACD/DVD-A hi rez audio, then other players are probably a better value.

In terms of the speed, it's actually one of the fastest players on the market. The only thing that is "slow" is the initial power on, because it doesn't offer the "quick eject" feature of other players. But once it's on, it's as fast as anything. For example, check "Winson's Reviews" where the 1611 was as fast as the Oppo BDP-93 in all aspects except for "eject": http://winstonsreviews.com/?page_id=493

Setup Guide and FAQ

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Denon Dbp 1611ud Universal Blu Ray Dvd Cd Player Black , Blu Ray Players
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page