Originally Posted by bakerwi
I think we need to focus on what media the player does support.
Just my $.02.
That's a pretty good response, Willie. Thanks.
Since Denon doesn't seem to be in any big hurry to release a lot of detailed information about these players, I'm thinking that we need to start to compile a list of concerns and questions that people have:
1. Will either player support subtitle shifting?
2. Just how much better will the Burr-Brown 32/192 DAC on the 2011 be over the DAC on the 1611? Will it engage over HDMI, or will the analog outs be needed? For those of us with good DACs on our receivers already, will paying double be worth it for that reason?
3. Questions similar to (2) above for the Anchor Bay video chip.
4. How well will these players convert SACD DSD information into HDMI streams and for the 2011 analog as well?
5. Is there any way to split the HDMI 1.4 signal for those of us with 1.3 and older receivers?
6. Firmware pliability and reprogrammability is significant for several reasons:
a. the promised 3D compatibility.
b. future support for expanding streaming audio and video services.
c. possible future support for other formats based on the same optical technology.
Did I miss anything?
Does anyone else out there find themselves turning to Denon not only because of their excellent audio reproduction but simply because Denon is one of only a tiny handful of manufacturers that support DVD Audio? For the life of me, I cannot understand why DVD Audio is not standard.