Originally Posted by DrOct
I might try to burn one later tonight if I have time. Sorry, it's been a while since I've burned any of these.
I went to a store and replaced the DVD-R spindle for a DVD+R. It didnt work either. So, this leads me to believe that my Marantz UD5005 has a problem with SACD-R's. I am yet to order a commercial SACD just to test. Considering I paid for the Marantz only $109, this is no big loss. I simply gave up on this route: burning downloaded SACD-R ISO's to physical disks. As I explained earlier, I have around 4,000 of such ISOs. They (well, some, not all) stutter while being transcoded to my preamp/processor via network. So, I simply went downstairs grabbed the MediaServer and connected it to the processor via an HDMI cable. No more network, no more transcoding. I had to put the MediaServer into a walk in closet, so I will not hear it operating.
So, now I have access to 4,000 SACDs via an iPad interface (JRiver). No need to burn SACD's, no need to get up and replace physical disks. I will just test the UD5005's ability to play SACDs with a commercial disk and that will be it. I will use it as a BD player.