They're all but phasing-out non-3D players in Korea - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-14-2010, 06:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just bought a non-3D bluray player this week, and thought I'd mention that the department stores and other main stores seem to have dumped all of their old stock non-3D stock for the internet merchants to sell. In other words, I couldn't even buy a non-3D bluray player from a major store outlet (Lotte, Samsung Dept. Stores, Shinsaegae, etc.).

Wondered if this is also starting to happen in the USA? In Korea, this all seems to be a part of the huge LED/3-D push the TV manufacturers (LG, Samsung) in the area are making.

Personally, I went with a 2D player, because prices have been reduced, and I don't see 3D taking off for a LONG time, or perhaps at all in its present form.

"Any reviewer that didn't rail against this [Young Guns Blu-ray encode] should be sued, and Lionsgate should be ashamed of themselves. " - msgohan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-14-2010, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:

I don't see 3D taking off for a LONG time

Give it 3-6 months

My mom works for Sony, and she brought home a copy of "Starhawk BETA"
I quickly slipped it into my trusty PS3, and started playing.

GOOZEX Game/Movie Exchange
post #3 of 4 Old 08-14-2010, 09:31 AM

Liked: 17
The USA is typically has a lag in technology behind Asia. The average consumer here wants stuff cheap. The mp3 generation can't tell the difference anyhow!

What I want is for ATI to release 5000 series 3D drivers to work with Power Dvd 10 Ultra MK II 3D player. Then one small form factor PC will do everything superior to the never ending stream of separate components (gotta break that dependency cycle) with crappy Internet features.

In the meantime I am tempted to spend $300 on a 3D player, which I won't need to use after a few months...

What is the cost to add 3D capability to a player? No too much more, but the cheapest will stay 2D for a few more years.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-14-2010, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
I don't pay much attention to Samsung, but Panasonic just announced the 100. It looks like that is the beginning point for them to start phasing out 2D-only models. I'm guessing it might be hard to find one by mid-2012.
Reply Blu-ray Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page