Pioneer 3D Blu-ray player thread - BDP-430 / BDP-LX54 - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 78 Old 01-07-2011, 12:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Sharp just annouced these new players at CES, I wonder if these will also be pioneers next players.

At the CES show in Las Vegas Sharp Electronics Corporation introduced three 3D wireless Blu-ray Disc players, models BD-HP75U, BD-HP35U and BD-HP25U. In addition to playing 2D and 3D Blu-ray discs, they provide consumers access to content from a wide variety of Internet sources, including Netflix, VUDU, Pandora and YouTube via Wireless LAN. All models are Energy Star qualified.

Main features include:

BD-HP25U

Optional Wireless LAN dongle VR-WL25
Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio
AVCHD, DIVX Plus HD, JPEG and MP3 support
Sharp AQUOS LINK and AQUOS PURE Mode
Two USB ports, one in the front and one in the rear
Available in February
MSRP $249.99

BD-HP35U

Like the BD-HP25U, plus:
Built-in wireless
IP control
Available in February
MSRP $299.99

BD-HP75U

Like the BD-HP35U, plus:
Home theater control via RS232 port
Available in March
MSRP $329.99
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 78 Old 01-07-2011, 05:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 - 427 View Post

Sharp just annouced these new players at CES, I wonder if these will also be pioneers next players.

At the CES show in Las Vegas Sharp Electronics Corporation introduced three 3D wireless Blu-ray Disc players, models BD-HP75U, BD-HP35U and BD-HP25U. In addition to playing 2D and 3D Blu-ray discs, they provide consumers access to content from a wide variety of Internet sources, including Netflix, VUDU, Pandora and YouTube via Wireless LAN. All models are Energy Star qualified.

Main features include:

BD-HP25U

Available in February
MSRP $249.99

BD-HP35U

Like the BD-HP25U, plus:
Built-in wireless
IP control
Available in February
MSRP $299.99

BD-HP75U

Like the BD-HP35U, plus:
Available in March
MSRP $329.99

It's a good thing I'm planning on waiting until June for the price of the 41FD or 43FD to drop to $250 or less. If Pioneer adds PQLS to the Sharp BD-HP75U, that could save me money and space on an external wireless dongle. I'd love to see Pioneer add multi-channel PQLS, and house the BD-HP75U in a Pioneer Elite style chassis so it can match my Elite VSX-32 A/V receiver.
post #63 of 78 Old 01-07-2011, 05:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post

It's a good thing I'm planning on waiting until June for the price of the 41FD or 43FD to drop to $250 or less. If Pioneer adds PQLS to the Sharp BD-HP75U, that could save me money and space on an external wireless dongle. I'd love to see Pioneer add multi-channel PQLS, and house the BD-HP75U in a Pioneer Elite style chassis so it can match my Elite VSX-32 A/V receiver.

While I know this is like telling a child there's no santa, pqls is marketing snake oil. The fact that it appeared magically in a few months in a sharp should tell you it's marketing mumbo jumbo.

I tried to find magic in it with 320, 23, and 05s and could not tell the difference.
post #64 of 78 Old 01-07-2011, 06:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winston9332 View Post

While I know this is like telling a child there's no santa, pqls is marketing snake oil. The fact that it appeared magically in a few months in a sharp should tell you it's marketing mumbo jumbo.

I tried to find magic in it with 320, 23, and 05s and could not tell the difference.

If you don't hear a difference, then it wouldn't do you any good to let it impact your purchasing decision. With my BDP-320 connected to my VSX-32, I played Josh Groben's "You Raise Me Up" without PQLS, and then with PQLS. I thought the higher tones had a more natural presence. So for now, being that I watch more movies than listen to music, I personally would prefer the enhancement, as subtle as some may find it to be. Remember. I read Braille and use screen magnification. They say that blind people are more aware of subtle differences in taste, smell, touch, and sound.
post #65 of 78 Old 01-07-2011, 01:41 PM

Liked: 12
Winston I totally agree with you about PQLS. I tried it out with a 23 and a sc-25 and heard no difference. Are you by any chance going to get a 430, 41 or 43 to test out?
post #66 of 78 Old 01-07-2011, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I really don't understand why Pioneer has not shown anything yet at CES! Sharp has some new players, so why would Pioneer now shown any? The 41/43FD were shown a few months ago, so they would not qualify as something "new" at CES. Such a shame that Pioneer dump their TV's and now are half-assing their Blu-ray players. My HD1 is still serving as my player in my theater, even after 4 years of ownership. A little slow but very solid. The only realy thing missing is the ability to internally decode DTS MA.

Go Celtics!
post #67 of 78 Old 01-11-2011, 05:38 PM

Liked: 11
To appraise this discussion, how do you compare the BDP-320 and new BDP-430?
I have BDP-320 and PQ + audio is definitely good enough, I`m just starting to get annoyed by its slow speed and the lack of DivX HD capability..
Anyone can compare overall performance on these two?
post #68 of 78 Old 01-27-2011, 10:48 AM

Just ordered the BDP-430 from Vann's for $269. I compared the online specs with the BDP-41FD and the hardware seems identical minus the amber display, the RS-232C Port and the Elite badge. Am I missing something? Also I wonder if the armored chassis and High quality audio components in the BDP-43FD make a significant difference. At $499 you can get the new Oppo 93 which is very good. I will pair it with a VSX-32. I'm replacing the PlayStation 3 as my BD player. Will post some feedback after I get it.
post #69 of 78 Old 01-27-2011, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by totita View Post
Just ordered the BDP-430 from Vann's for $269. I compared the online specs with the BDP-41FD and the hardware seems identical minus the amber display, the RS-232C Port and the Elite badge. Am I missing something? Also I wonder if the armored chassis and High quality audio components in the BDP-43FD make a significant difference. At $499 you can get the new Oppo 93 which is very good. I will pair it with a VSX-32. I'm replacing the PlayStation 3 as my BD player. Will post some feedback after I get it.
Please do. I have considered this player.

I like the fact that you can bookmark on any Blu-ray disc even with Java by using the timestamp feature.

Let us know how the loadtimes & PQ & AQ is on this player as soon as you can.
post #70 of 78 Old 01-30-2011, 05:25 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm passing on the BDP-430/41FD/43FD because after discovering that Sharp plans on releasing new players in March with built-in WiFi, I'm sure Pioneer will get their hands on them by May or June and add multi-channel PQLS, as well as a Pioneer chassis.
post #71 of 78 Old 02-03-2011, 08:53 AM

Got the BDP-430 last night. Hooked it up to my VSX-32 via HDMI. Also got up the wireless connection up using a Netgear WNCE2001 Universal WiFi Internet Adapter. The build quality feels solid although is made in china. Netflix and Pandora are the only applications right now and they work fine. No firmware updates were available. BD Load times seem to be a little bit slower compared with a PS3 but still pretty good. Did not have a chance to play a CD or DVD. BD and Netflix video quality seem on par with PS3. Yet or setup PQLS. Does anybody know if I need to set audio to PCM or bitstream for PQLS to work? On the PS3 I think I was using bitstream to allow the receiver to decode. More to come ...
post #72 of 78 Old 06-17-2011, 11:10 AM

Hi all,

today i received a new Pioneer player (BDP-430), since i had problems with the previous one.

When setting output to auto (1080p/24) it is dropping frames for a few seconds, then it's fine a few seconds and it starts all over.

so i hooked up the new player, but it is showing exactly the same problem.

I am sure the AV reciever is fine VSX-1020-k, because my PS3 works fine with 24fps and is also connected to this reciever and using the same output towards the TV.

I have changed inputs and also changed the HDMI cable, but no difference can be seen.

Has someone experienced the same ?
I have a feeling it is a SW bug, but i am not sure. Maybe it is a setting
post #73 of 78 Old 07-06-2011, 11:43 AM

Is there nobody who is experiencing the same, because the support from pioneer is a joke. They don't understand 24fps ( instead named it 2480 hd )
post #74 of 78 Old 07-10-2011, 05:11 PM

I have a pioneer elite 43fd. I have been watching Netflix on it. But, just the last couple of days, when I try to access netflix, it try's to update the firmware, but, cannot access the server and gives me 404 error. The problem is not network access since there is no problem accessing Pandora. Does anyone know what the issue might be and how to fix it?
post #75 of 78 Old 08-01-2011, 11:14 AM

This issue has resolved itself - Pioneer admitted a server outage. I am curious if you have had lock-up issues with your 43? I have many units in the field tht are constantly needing reset with power button for 10 sec.
post #76 of 78 Old 08-01-2011, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 - 427 View Post

Main features include:

BD-HP25U

Available in February
MSRP $249.99

BD-HP35U

Like the BD-HP25U, plus:
Built-in wireless
IP control
Available in February
MSRP $299.99

BD-HP75U

Like the BD-HP35U, plus:
Available in March
MSRP $329.99

Interestingly, the 25U also takes form in the Onkyo BD SP309, which might indicate they are using it in re-badges.
post #77 of 78 Old 08-03-2011, 06:01 AM

I am new to the forum but have been reading many of the posts relating to some of the new equipment I recently purchased. I am obviously disappointed in some of the feedback and reviews for Pioneer Elite's 3D Blu-ray players. I recently purchased a Pioneer Elite VSX-53 receiver and a Sony 60NX720 TV. I am now looking to complete the set and adding a 3D Blu-ray player. Any suggestions? Should I stay away from the Elites? Are there big differences between the $150 models and $300 models?

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks
post #78 of 78 Old 03-24-2012, 07:15 PM

Anyone know remote codes for the pioneer bdp-430? I have a shaw remote.

While I see many complaints I have no reason to buy not them. Everything sucks. There is always something better. Pioneer always has slow disc reading speeds, so does Sony and lg.

Sony tv's are modified bastard child parts from every company out there.

Last time I checked sharp made decent stuff. Im starting to think a lot of you expect too much out of your players.

I understand the quality control issues. That I totally get. But step back for a second. If this had good q.c., this would be a very good player for the price. As for the wireless LAN I got mine to work with a stupid generic USB lan

The pioneer remote works on my iPad, I just need the codes for a regular universal remote.

You're not cultured. You're stupid.
Reply Blu-ray Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page