Official Samsung BD-C5900 Owners' Thread - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 105 Old 07-07-2011, 09:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I will try 0199 but it sounds familiar, and I think it was already in the booklet list. I already have a nice Harmony remote but it just doesn't work as well as the cox remote. I need to press buttons 2 or 3 times to get it to work, where the cox one works on the first press. I'll give 0199 a try though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 105 Old 07-09-2011, 11:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 550 Post(s)
Liked: 428
I heard you got it working with 0199. You may not realize, but if your Cox remote has a 6-pin connector in the battery bay, you can program it from your PC to do most of what your harmony does, and more. Check out my JP1 Wiki link for more info. Even without a cable there's a lot you can do, like macros (activities), key moves, shifted functions, discrete on/off and discrete input functions, and volume punch thru.
post #93 of 105 Old 08-05-2011, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello, im an owner of an Samsung BD-C5900.

I was wondering this player is mkv compatible but even so it doesn't play
all mkv files from my computer .

Can anyone explain to my why this is ?
post #94 of 105 Old 08-06-2011, 12:28 PM

Hi,

I posted this same query in the BD-D5500 thread as well. Posting it here so that I could get an opinion of users of both players.

I ordered a Samsung 55" HDTV (UND7000) yesterday and it comes with a free blu ray player, I had to choose between BD-C5900 and BD-D5500. I went with BD-C5900, it isnt shipped yet.

Now am having 2nd thoughts about the choice, considering it is the older version and the D5500 is the newer version am wondering if I made the right choice. I went through lot of reviews in the internet but still not able to decide which is the better one. I still have time to change the order.

I want the player to have a fast load time, play 2D and 3D content well. Can the experts here help me, let me know the key differences that would help in taking the decision.

Thanks for your time!
post #95 of 105 Old 10-02-2011, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael503 View Post

I don't suppose by chance that there is a place in the menu to set the audio delay in milliseconds?

I've browsed the OM and can't find any reference to it. I have an external amp and a Samsung TV and there is a processing delay of a few ms that I can adjust out with my philips DVD player. My amp is older and has no such adjustment.

Hi there,

Apologies for bumping this thread, but I'm trying to find an answer to this question too. I bought this player as part of a package and I use a Yamaha 5.1 receiver that has no audio delay options of its own. What do people do to combat the audio delay issue caused by new Samsung TVs? The delay is severe - about 200ms, possibly even more. This means at present we can only watch Blu-ray movies using the TV's internal speakers, which is not ideal.

Can anyone help please? Thanks!
post #96 of 105 Old 10-19-2011, 08:46 AM

Hi,

I have the samsung bdc5900 and am trying to connect this to my home network.

I have the device connected to the network but cannot access my har drive. I have a 1tb drive attached directly to my router, but this does not show up when i turn on the bluray player.

Am i missing something?
post #97 of 105 Old 10-19-2011, 11:59 AM

I have a problem with this player where many DVDs will not "boot" to the DVD menu when I load them into the player. The player will "stick" with just the word "MENU" on the front panel. No control buttons will get it to move ahead from there...stop, play, pause, next, previous, ff, rew, disc menu, etc. I have to go back to the player menu and select the disc again and hope that it goes past the disc load stage on the next try. Sometimes it can take 3 tries to get it to go, sometimes it will just start playing the DVD from the beginning.

I am running the latest downloaded firmware and this is never a problem on BD, just DVDs. Anyone else having this problem or seen this before?
post #98 of 105 Old 10-19-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by langers_2004 View Post

Hi,

I have the samsung bdc5900 and am trying to connect this to my home network.

I have the device connected to the network but cannot access my har drive. I have a 1tb drive attached directly to my router, but this does not show up when i turn on the bluray player.

Am i missing something?

I don't think the BD player will serve as a network accessible drive. You have to hook the drive directly to your computer, load it up, then move it to the BDP and connect it via USB.
post #99 of 105 Old 10-19-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddle View Post

I don't think the BD player will serve as a network accessible drive. You have to hook the drive directly to your computer, load it up, then move it to the BDP and connect it via USB.

You can do it. i have it working with mezzmo running on my comp and drive connected to router but id like to get it working without the laptop on.
post #100 of 105 Old 10-24-2011, 10:09 AM

Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone else who has a Samsung Blu Ray Player BD-C5900 has any issues with playing some mkv files as I seem to have that problem. Majority of the mkv videos on my external hard drive play, however new files that I copied over to it doesn't and the error message comes up as "File format not supported" when it does support mkv. What is also strange is that the mkv files that work on the blu ray player, I can see the thumbnail preview on my laptop which is Windows 7 whereas the files that don't work I can't. It works perfectly fine on VLC player but not on my Blu Ray player, any advice or help will be much appreciated.
post #101 of 105 Old 10-24-2011, 09:20 PM

Hi everyone
First time posting in this blu-ray player thread
Having had my Samsung 3D BD-C6900 player for a while am finally getting around to purchasing a wireless router to connect to the internet.
Unfortunately am not very knowledgeable about wireless routers.
After reading the manual its says A wireless AP/IP router is required to make a wireless network connection
Can anyone suggest a really good dependable wireless router that would work perfectly with the 6900 in establishing an internet connection with no problems.
Ballpark price & where to buy it would be helpful as well
Currently just using the 6900 for viewing 2D Blu-Ray movies only with a Sony KDL-52" XBR5 Bravia TV
Will eventually purchase a new 3D LCD Possibly 70" Sharp Elite Or the new 65" Sony 929 so internet connection will be even more useful with the new smart TV's
All Suggestions greatly appreciated
post #102 of 105 Old 10-25-2011, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahimul View Post

I am just wondering if anyone else who has a Samsung Blu Ray Player BD-C5900 has any issues with playing some mkv files

There's a lot more discussion of mkv format problems and solutions in the C5500/C6500/C6900 threads, so you might want to do some reading there. The short answer is that there are many variations in mkv format, and the Samsung players will play some and not others. Usually you can find a set of options in your mkv output software that will produce playable output.
post #103 of 105 Old 05-09-2012, 12:51 PM

Samsung BD-C5900
Netgear Router

The Bluray player will not connect to Netflix now. It was fine for a while. I can unplug the power and often get it to work, but it will give you an unable to connect issue. Have to either unplug for a while or reinstall apps to the Bluray to get it to work for a while. Problem started late Feb / early March

Netflix works on the iPad at the same time the bluray won't so the network appears fine.

This is at my friends home. They have Rogers cable. I have the same player and router with no issue.

We also each run Unblock-US and have for 9+ months.

Any suggestions? I was going to swap players to see if it followed the player. They are 2 hours drive so I wanted to ask for your thoughts before I drive 4 hours.
post #104 of 105 Old 03-06-2014, 04:40 PM

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question, but I couldn't find a Samsung BD-C5900 forum here, so I hope this forum is close enough!?

Ok, I have a friend who has the BD-C5900 player and I want to send him some avi/m4v/mp4 files burnt on Blu-ray.

I've read on other forums that some Blu-ray players can and will most happily play avi files and even handle these inside sub-folders, if during the burn process you create a BDMV folder in the root and then put these avi files/sub-folders inside the BDMV folder.

Could someone please just let me know if this particular player is capable of reading/playing some or all of these files from a Blu-ray disc, if they are recorded using this file structure?

Many thanks.
post #105 of 105 Old 05-23-2014, 09:25 PM

Hi all,
I have this Samsung BD-C5900 which has been giving problems in the last few months. Although it plays my old blu-ray discs (like Inception), it does not play new discs I rent from Redbox (like Looper, American Hustle, etc). All these movies will come and stop at around 1hr 15 min. Today I got Hobbit (desolation of smaug) and the player won't even read the disc. Anybody faced such issues? The firmware is updated (BSP-C5900WWB-1016.0.RUF).
Would be great if there is a fix for this problem. THe Samsung customer service hasn't been of much use (they don't know whats happening).

Thanks.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Samsung Bd C5900 1080p 3d Blu Ray Disc Player , Samsung Bd C6900 1080p 3d Blu Ray Disc Player , Sony Bdp S370 Blu Ray Disc Player , Sony Bdp S570 3d Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - S570 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page