AVS discussion on blu-ray players w/ Netflix streaming? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 128 Old 11-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Advanced Member
 
Taperwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bremerton, WA
Posts: 912
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks everyone for a very informative thread. I'm also in the market for a BR player and a streamer.

I'm seriously thinking of buying a cheaper non-streaming, non-networked BR player and adding a Roku. Prices are such that I could do it for around $150. My questions are:

If I buy a BR player and the Roku but only have one ethernet cable to the living room, how do I hook it up? I don't care about BR Live, etc. Could I just leave the ethernet hooked up to the Roku and then only hook the cable up to the BR player for firmware updates?
Taperwood is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 128 Old 11-12-2010, 04:50 PM
CPB
Member
 
CPB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
^^ that's an idea, it would work

the other solution would be to get a small switch, i.e. 4 port, and that way you can network both of them - also you can add other devices later if need be.
CPB is offline  
post #33 of 128 Old 11-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Advanced Member
 
Taperwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bremerton, WA
Posts: 912
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The cable is already coming out of an 8-port switch in the basement. Would having another switch in the living room affect anything? (other than adding to the rat's nest of wires)


Quote:
Originally Posted by CPB View Post

^^ that's an idea, it would work

the other solution would be to get a small switch, i.e. 4 port, and that way you can network both of them - also you can add other devices later if need be.

Taperwood is offline  
post #34 of 128 Old 11-12-2010, 05:35 PM
CPB
Member
 
CPB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
You should be fine with running one extra small switch off your 8 port switch.
CPB is offline  
post #35 of 128 Old 11-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
Taperwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bremerton, WA
Posts: 912
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks CPB. So, it seems this would be a pretty cheap workaround. It sure would be nicer if there was a true one-box solution. I'm amazed at how long it is taking to get 'easy' network streaming into the home theater. I thought many years ago that the AV receiver manufacturers would have done this, but they completely dropped the ball. Instead they obsessed over video upconversion. I would like to see what the Oppo-93 and the new Dune streamers can do for network streaming, but I may just go with my two-box solution and save myself some money.
Taperwood is offline  
post #36 of 128 Old 11-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Newbie
 
ms1388's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a real simple question about which I am reading a lot of confusing information on the web (or at least incomplete information). Are there are any Bluray players out there with Netflix streaming AND full search capability for Netflix? In other words, where I am not limited to watching movies/shows that are in my Instant Queue? I want to be able to search on the TV (through the Bluray player) the entire library of Netflix streaming movies the same way you can on the computer (maybe not exactly the same way, but the point is access to the entire library)? I want to be able to stream Netflix and have my kids be able to search around the entire library for movies and shows without running into my office to look on the computer every time they want to do it. I am looking for responses from people who actually have the Bluray players and can 100% assure me that they have this functionality. Thanks.
ms1388 is offline  
post #37 of 128 Old 11-17-2010, 06:01 PM
Member
 
MA5CMPB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 156
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
@ms1388

Check out the ps3. it has full netflix and a browser
MA5CMPB is offline  
post #38 of 128 Old 11-17-2010, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BritInVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ashburn, VA
Posts: 3,815
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms1388 View Post

I have a real simple question about which I am reading a lot of confusing information on the web (or at least incomplete information). Are there are any Bluray players out there with Netflix streaming AND full search capability for Netflix? In other words, where I am not limited to watching movies/shows that are in my Instant Queue? I want to be able to search on the TV (through the Bluray player) the entire library of Netflix streaming movies the same way you can on the computer (maybe not exactly the same way, but the point is access to the entire library)? I want to be able to stream Netflix and have my kids be able to search around the entire library for movies and shows without running into my office to look on the computer every time they want to do it. I am looking for responses from people who actually have the Bluray players and can 100% assure me that they have this functionality. Thanks.

As already stated

The new Samsung interface is very good. It has:

- Suggestions for you (based on previous viewing/ratings)
- New Arrivals
- Genre
- Instant Queue
- Search

You can add movies to your instant queue but not to your DVD/Blu-ray queue.

You can also rate your movies.

=====================================
My HT Thread index on 1st post
Samsung AllShare and Internet@TV Discussion
BritInVA is offline  
post #39 of 128 Old 11-18-2010, 07:11 PM
Newbie
 
ShadowTSI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been researching for about an hour now and not found the answer... I did come across these forums a few times during my search .. but no clear answers.

I would like an easy to use Bluray player (WiFi Enabled, no add on to buy) with NETFLIX, but the netflix must be able to browse outside of using the instant Que.

It is an Xmas present for my Mother and computers and Netflix website would not be her thing, but she is a wizz at the satellite TV remote. So she would be able to easily browse movies by genre or a straight search function.

thanks in advance!
ShadowTSI is offline  
post #40 of 128 Old 11-18-2010, 07:51 PM
Newbie
 
ShadowTSI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For anyone who was struggling like me.. here is the answer I found...

The BD550/BD570 are hitting stores now (2/23/2010), and hopefully the BD590 in a few weeks. Please post any impressions here.

What all three models feature:
VuDu (Previously a BD390 exclusive)
Netflix (Updated Version of Software which now includes Genres and Categories)
Pandora (NEW to this years model!)
CinemaNow
YouTube
Picasa Web Albums
AccuWeather
All Internally decode TrueHD and DTS MA (Lossless)
All Profile 2.0 out of the box

What they don't Feature (as of right now; unknown if ever):
3D Unknown if any of these players will be upgradeable via Firmware to 3D capable. LG ha snot said either way.
5.1/7.1 Analog Outs (the now discontinued BD390 does, however)
ShadowTSI is offline  
post #41 of 128 Old 11-19-2010, 09:35 AM
Senior Member
 
FirebirdTN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 255
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all. I'm in the same boat. Stumbled onto this thread while searching avs.

Its been a long time since I posted.

Early on in this thread someone basically asked why in the world would anyone want to do this....I mean seriously, combining one of the finest playback reproduction devices ever made with some of the lowest quality streaming services seems to be an oxy-moron.

I don't know about anyone else, but for me, its about saving money. I have been paying my satellite provider over $100 a month now for many many years. And I really do not have all that great of a package. Personally, I don't watch nowhere near $100 worth of TV a month, but have done it to benefit the family. After discussion, we have decided to kill the satellite. We are going to use OTA antenna for locals, and suplement the programming with Netflix. Yep, it will be a big reduction in quality, but that is why I want to go the streaming enabled blu-ray player: In those cases there is something I do want to watch in all its 1080p glory on my surround sound system, I can rent/buy the blu-ray software.

For normal TV/movie viewing where we don't need the full "home theater" effect. It will do.

Its not an ideal solution for sure, but if it saves me $90 a month, I'm all over it. And apparently, a good portion of the population is too.

Now to just decide which player...

-Alan
FirebirdTN is offline  
post #42 of 128 Old 11-19-2010, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BritInVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ashburn, VA
Posts: 3,815
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTSI View Post

I have been researching for about an hour now and not found the answer... I did come across these forums a few times during my search .. but no clear answers.

I would like an easy to use Bluray player (WiFi Enabled, no add on to buy) with NETFLIX, but the netflix must be able to browse outside of using the instant Que.

It is an Xmas present for my Mother and computers and Netflix website would not be her thing, but she is a wizz at the satellite TV remote. So she would be able to easily browse movies by genre or a straight search function.

thanks in advance!

BD6500 or some ofthe newer models have both!

=====================================
My HT Thread index on 1st post
Samsung AllShare and Internet@TV Discussion
BritInVA is offline  
post #43 of 128 Old 11-19-2010, 12:55 PM
Advanced Member
 
spiritfox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 570
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
^^6500 is a good choice--I'm very happy with mine.

Bob

spiritfox is offline  
post #44 of 128 Old 11-19-2010, 05:49 PM
Senior Member
 
dangerdoc1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 433
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTSI View Post

For anyone who was struggling like me.. here is the answer I found...

The BD550/BD570 are hitting stores now (2/23/2010), and hopefully the BD590 in a few weeks. Please post any impressions here.

What all three models feature:
VuDu (Previously a BD390 exclusive)
Netflix (Updated Version of Software which now includes Genres and Categories)
Pandora (NEW to this years model!)
CinemaNow
YouTube
Picasa Web Albums
AccuWeather
All Internally decode TrueHD and DTS MA (Lossless)
All Profile 2.0 out of the box

What they don't Feature (as of right now; unknown if ever):
3D Unknown if any of these players will be upgradeable via Firmware to 3D capable. LG ha snot said either way.
5.1/7.1 Analog Outs (the now discontinued BD390 does, however)

I bought an open box LG550 for cheap, basically to use as a Netflix streamer in the basement. It works fine for watching Netflix but I got hooked on nerd TV, tech shows streamed on the divx channels. I'm just ordered an LG570 for upstairs.
dangerdoc1 is offline  
post #45 of 128 Old 11-20-2010, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
moviegeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 1,713
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I would go with a Sony 570 or the LG 570, both have built-in WiFi and are DLNA compliant so you can use PlayOn or stream from your PC.
moviegeek is offline  
post #46 of 128 Old 11-25-2010, 02:31 PM
Member
 
astropuppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My humble contribution. Our WII has a full netflix menu. The software is free from the WII store. The old way with a disk only allowed watching queued movies.
astropuppy is offline  
post #47 of 128 Old 11-28-2010, 10:36 AM
Newbie
 
GeoDim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking for a new player as a Christmas present to my in-laws. The obvious answer to this question is probably a PS3. You get 5.1 sound, regular updates, web browser, video games, DLNA, etc. The problem is that a PS3 will run me at least $349.99, as they will also need a Harmony adapter (no built-in IR). This is a bit out of my price range. I also know that they will never use the PS3 as a gaming system, so it'd be a bit of a waste anyway. I was thinking about getting a Roku for $68 on Amazon, but then they would still require a Blu-Ray player and I'd rather not load up on the components.

I'm looking between $100-$200 and would like one that built-in WiFi. If any players have searchable Netflix (not just queue viewing), that would be a bonus. I noticed that the downfall of many of these internet-ready players is their Netflix streaming ability, so I would like to stress that this will probably be the most popular feature in their household. If none of the players handle Netflix especially well, please let me know and I'll just get a Roku.

Thanks!
GeoDim is offline  
post #48 of 128 Old 11-28-2010, 12:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
DasRaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 516
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoDim View Post

I am looking for a new player as a Christmas present to my in-laws. The obvious answer to this question is probably a PS3. You get 5.1 sound, regular updates, web browser, video games, DLNA, etc. The problem is that a PS3 will run me at least $349.99, as they will also need a Harmony adapter (no built-in IR). This is a bit out of my price range. I also know that they will never use the PS3 as a gaming system, so it'd be a bit of a waste anyway. I was thinking about getting a Roku for $68 on Amazon, but then they would still require a Blu-Ray player and I'd rather not load up on the components.

I'm looking between $100-$200 and would like one that built-in WiFi. If any players have searchable Netflix (not just queue viewing), that would be a bonus. I noticed that the downfall of many of these internet-ready players is their Netflix streaming ability, so I would like to stress that this will probably be the most popular feature in their household. If none of the players handle Netflix especially well, please let me know and I'll just get a Roku.

Thanks!

First, there is a thread for these sort of questions. Try there for more detail.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=959985

There are plenty of BD players with "full" Netflix interfaces. One that fits all your listed criteria would be the Samsung BD-C6500.

Built a new home, now filling it with sights and sounds!
DasRaven is online now  
post #49 of 128 Old 11-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Newbie
 
tenporch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i have the Toshiba bdx3000 and it fits the bill.. built in wifi and full netflix capabilities [only thing u cant do is add movies to your dvd queue]. along with netflix it has vudu, pandora and blockbuster.

had mine a month and really like all of its features.
tenporch is offline  
post #50 of 128 Old 11-29-2010, 12:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Jeffer65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 208
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Could you tell us more about your Toshiba bdx3000? Can you do a keyword search on Netflix? In the thread for the bdx2500/2700, owners complain about freezing problems, have you had anything like that?

There's no official thread for your player. Hopefully that means owners are playing alot of discs and streaming alot of movies with no problems.

Nice looking player too.

Jeffer65
Jeffer65 is offline  
post #51 of 128 Old 11-29-2010, 10:29 PM
Newbie
 
tenporch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffer65 View Post

Could you tell us more about your Toshiba bdx3000? Can you do a keyword search on Netflix? In the thread for the bdx2500/2700, owners complain about freezing problems, have you had anything like that?

There's no official thread for your player. Hopefully that means owners are playing alot of discs and streaming alot of movies with no problems.

Nice looking player too.


Hey Jeffer65, thx for the welcome! The only issue I've had with the bdx3000 is when it goes into "stand-by" mode [off to me and u] it has frozen twice, meaning didnt turn back on when it hit the on button on my remote.. both times i just unplugged the unit, waited 10 secs, plugged it back in and all was well. But have had no freezing during BD playback or netflix streaming. i have it hooked up to a lg 42pj350, so even though only 720p the blu rays look great... with fast load times.

The netflix and vudu applications are a big thumbs up too. i have certainly been getting my moneys worth on netflix. it does have the search function which seems to search their entire "watch instantly" database. plus it has my recommendations, and stuff listed by genre. you certainly wont lack for things to watch on there.

all in all, for the $199 shipped i paid for it last month it has been great. hope that helps!

tenporch
tenporch is offline  
post #52 of 128 Old 11-30-2010, 08:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Jeffer65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 208
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I hope you continue to have good luck with it. -later - Jeffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenporch View Post
Hey Jeffer65, thx for the welcome! The only issue I've had with the bdx3000 is when it goes into "stand-by" mode [off to me and u] it has frozen twice, meaning didnt turn back on when it hit the on button on my remote.. both times i just unplugged the unit, waited 10 secs, plugged it back in and all was well. But have had no freezing during BD playback or netflix streaming. i have it hooked up to a lg 42pj350, so even though only 720p the blu rays look great... with fast load times.

The netflix and vudu applications are a big thumbs up too. i have certainly been getting my moneys worth on netflix. it does have the search function which seems to search their entire "watch instantly" database. plus it has my recommendations, and stuff listed by genre. you certainly wont lack for things to watch on there.

all in all, for the $199 shipped i paid for it last month it has been great. hope that helps!

tenporch

Jeffer65
Jeffer65 is offline  
post #53 of 128 Old 11-30-2010, 08:25 AM
Newbie
 
tenporch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was wrong in my original post, u CAN add titles to your dvd queue, as well as your instant watch queue. found out this morning when searching for a movie, it was not available to be instantly streamed but when i clicked on it it gave me the option of adding it to my dvd queue.

Of course, u still have to go online to see your dvd queue... and if u add a movie to ur queue using the bdx3000 it is added in last position, so u have to also go online to change the order of ur dvd queue.
tenporch is offline  
post #54 of 128 Old 11-30-2010, 09:39 AM
Member
 
Sabrewulf...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by astropuppy View Post
My humble contribution. Our WII has a full netflix menu. The software is free from the WII store. The old way with a disk only allowed watching queued movies.
The new Wii Netflix Channel (discless) interface is amazing compared to my LG BD550, It loads much faster, shows images instantly as you scroll along, instead of having to load them, has search, add and remove, all the categories, really sweet.

If only the LG was half as nice...

And no, the Wii is not hooked up to my 1080 50" Plasma and never will be, looks like nasty blurry poo...
Sabrewulf... is offline  
post #55 of 128 Old 11-30-2010, 12:14 PM
Member
 
chener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf... View Post

The new Wii Netflix Channel (discless) interface is amazing compared to my LG BD550, It loads much faster, shows images instantly as you scroll along, instead of having to load them, has search, add and remove, all the categories, really sweet.

If only the LG was half as nice...

And no, the Wii is not hooked up to my 1080 50" Plasma and never will be, looks like nasty blurry poo...

probably why it loads so fast....
chener is offline  
post #56 of 128 Old 11-30-2010, 07:14 PM
Member
 
Sabrewulf...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by chener View Post

probably why it loads so fast....

Not loading (starting) a movie/show, thats fine on both, just loading Netflix; from clicking Netflix to when all thumbs are loaded, the Wii is much faster, it also doesn't choke when you quickly scroll through the thumbs. Whatever, just hope they update it with at least a search function.
Sabrewulf... is offline  
post #57 of 128 Old 11-30-2010, 08:49 PM
Advanced Member
 
oppopioneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The 2010 Pioneer bd players might have what you're looking for with Netflix?

Pioneer quote: "This update (version BU10073000) enhances BD-ROM playability and enables the player to instantly stream TV episodes and movies from Netflix. A valid Netflix unlimited membership and a broadband Internet connection are required.

If you are a new member to Netflix, you can visit www.netflix.com/Pioneer and sign-up for your Netflix free trial."

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...+player+models
oppopioneer is offline  
post #58 of 128 Old 12-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Member
 
kkelley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 170
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Diappointed!!!

I guess I didn't do a good job with my research... I need a bedroom player that has a good Netflix interface that allows some sort of browsing if titles.

I cant go with an additioinal box as my Sony soundbar only has three HDMI ports which are taken with my Comcast, SageTV streamer (no good Netflix option but great at everything else), and BR player.


After reading some threads, I went with a BD 65. Folks were saying that the NetFlix is "very good" and some saying better than the Sony. I have a couple of other Pannys so thougth it would be nice to keep them all the same.

Anyways, I get it hooked up, updated the firmware and was greeted by just "Instant Que"!! Did I do something wrong or is that it?

Per above, it appears that Samsung, Sony, and others have more search options with Netflix.

So for just basic BR playback and good Netflix searching is there a better option than the BD 65? If so, based upon my needs, which would you suggest? I would perfer something that could be purchased at Costco or Sams.

Tank you!
kkelley is offline  
post #59 of 128 Old 12-04-2010, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mtbdudex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 4,128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 161
My 3 week old Vizio VBR231 has this interface, can see instant que and generes/suggestions to add more to que (or view right from there) along with rating movie, etc.
At least 8-10 screens to scroll thru, each has up to 75 titles in it.




So, only thing missing for Vizio VBR231 is "search" to be truly full Netflix interface?
mtbdudex is offline  
post #60 of 128 Old 12-07-2010, 10:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Chitown1211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Twin Cities
Posts: 363
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkelley View Post

Diappointed!!!

I guess I didn't do a good job with my research... I need a bedroom player that has a good Netflix interface that allows some sort of browsing if titles.

I cant go with an additioinal box as my Sony soundbar only has three HDMI ports which are taken with my Comcast, SageTV streamer (no good Netflix option but great at everything else), and BR player.


After reading some threads, I went with a BD 65. Folks were saying that the NetFlix is "very good" and some saying better than the Sony. I have a couple of other Pannys so thougth it would be nice to keep them all the same.

Anyways, I get it hooked up, updated the firmware and was greeted by just "Instant Que"!! Did I do something wrong or is that it?

Per above, it appears that Samsung, Sony, and others have more search options with Netflix.

So for just basic BR playback and good Netflix searching is there a better option than the BD 65? If so, based upon my needs, which would you suggest? I would perfer something that could be purchased at Costco or Sams.

Tank you!


Im glad you posted this as I was sure about to go out and buy a BD 65 after reading this thread. I would have been very angry to not find a real Netfilx interface.

So does anyone know of a list of BD players with searchable Netflix? I have searched everywhere and all I can find is peoples "assumptions."

Manufacturers only list Netflix or not. Very few advise if it is searchable or not.


Any help much appreciated.
Chitown1211 is offline  
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Disc Lg Bd550 , Sony Bdp S370 Blu Ray Disc Player , Panasonic Dmp Bd65 Blu Ray Disc Player , Rocksmith Xbox 360 Game Ubisoft , Oppo Bdp 83 Blu Ray Player , Bdp 52fd
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off