post #631 of 729 Old 01-31-2012, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_lm08 View Post

So last night I was watching a Qriocity movie (Real Steal) and then I got this pop up telling me that that I had a network error and if I wanted to retry or cancel, I hit retry and nothing was happening. At the same time the movie was still playing in the background. It happened like three- four times. Then it was buffering alot as well, the only thing that I had changed was disconnecting my pc from my router and using the ethernet cable for my NSZ-GT1. Which I thought would give me a BETTER conection considering it would not be running wireless anymore. Does anyone have any ideas. Please it would be great.

Thanks

You have a lot of un-mentioned factors here.
Is your ethernet terminated correctly?
Is the ethernet by a crazy amount of interference (power lines, plasma, etc)
Did you try another ethernet port on router?
Was your ISP having the problme? Busy time of day?
Is the GT1 old, new, does it run everything else fine?
Maybe Qriocity was whack. I didn't know anybody actually uses those services (maybe I'm cheap)
You've got some fiddling to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 729 Old 01-31-2012, 09:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
3D BluRay playback should be rolling out this week.

https://twitter.com/#!/GoogleTV/stat...06499572432896
post #633 of 729 Old 02-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
...and my GT1 just downloaded an 260MB update for 3D BD playback a few minutes ago. (It also referred to "performance enhancements," including a Chrome browser startup boost, but that was it.)

...and I need your sweet love, Latina T-Mobile girl!

post #634 of 729 Old 02-01-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post

You have a lot of un-mentioned factors here.
Is your ethernet terminated correctly?
Is the ethernet by a crazy amount of interference (power lines, plasma, etc)
Did you try another ethernet port on router?
Was your ISP having the problme? Busy time of day?
Is the GT1 old, new, does it run everything else fine?
Maybe Qriocity was whack. I didn't know anybody actually uses those services (maybe I'm cheap)
You've got some fiddling to do.

I think qriocity is down , I get this message that it is getting a updated on the 2nd. So im just going to watch my movies via Amazon, I dont think its my connection because in running my laptop and its working smooth, that same day I was having that issue I tried watching netflix for a while and is working fine as well, the next day I tried purchasing on the Qriocity site via my pc and it was acting weird and was not letting me make any purchases. I checked my PS3 and it had an updated and was working fine. I think its just not working on the other devices, such as the NSZ-GT1 and the PCs . I'll do a follow up tomorrow if its still not working right then I'm just going to have to give them a call.

Thanks for your input though
post #635 of 729 Old 02-01-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C. View Post

...and my GT1 just downloaded an 260MB update for 3D BD playback a few minutes ago. (It also referred to "performance enhancements," including a Chrome browser startup boost, but that was it.)

I just did mine also - 3D blu-ray playback update, awesome....thanks for the info!!!
post #636 of 729 Old 02-01-2012, 06:31 PM

Still waiting on my update. :|

Anyone who downloaded it yet try to see if lossless audio formats work while using 3d playback?
post #637 of 729 Old 02-02-2012, 12:51 AM

I got the update (says firmware 3.2) but I still can't play harry potter 3D, it says it can't detect a 3D display. I called sony and they said that the update is supposed to come out incrementally in parts from google and sony respectively. Can anybody confirm that the 250 mg update brings 3D support? Thanks!
post #638 of 729 Old 02-02-2012, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhil View Post

Anyone who downloaded it yet try to see if lossless audio formats work while using 3d playback?

This is definitely the REAL question about the update.
During 3D playback, the PS3 now does DTS-HD, DTS-HD MA, DTS-HD HR decoding/bit stream output (or lossless audio) but PS3 cannot do Dolby TrueHD.

http://us.playstation.com/support/sy...tory/index.htm
post #639 of 729 Old 02-02-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psych2l View Post

I got the update (says firmware 3.2) but I still can't play harry potter 3D, it says it can't detect a 3D display. I called sony and they said that the update is supposed to come out incrementally in parts from google and sony respectively. Can anybody confirm that the 250 mg update brings 3D support? Thanks!

I see this too - I am able to play a 3D video on youtube app (search yt3d) on my LG 3D TV (55LW6500) but when I play the same video via Youtube app on NSZ-GT1 it shows the 2 split images instead of rendering it in 3D like the LG app - is there a setting I am missing ?
post #640 of 729 Old 02-02-2012, 10:28 AM

It sounds like your tv is not properly interpreting his as a 3D image.
post #641 of 729 Old 02-02-2012, 11:01 AM

Well I was just wondering if anyone can confirm that they can play any 3D Blu-ray disc after they received the update to 3.2
post #642 of 729 Old 02-02-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shink View Post

It sounds like your tv is not properly interpreting his as a 3D image.

Yes, but I am not sure if this is a issue with TV settings or NSZ-GT1 settings, the latter seems more likely to me since TV is playing 3D correctly with native Youtube app on TV.

Quote:

Well I was just wondering if anyone can confirm that they can play any 3D Blu-ray disc after they received the update to 3.2

I wasn't able to play 1 - I got the "Jonas Brothers : the 3D concert experience" blu-ray from local library but do not see it rendering the 3D. I will try with another 3D rental from family video and update here.
post #643 of 729 Old 02-02-2012, 12:49 PM

I have two 3D Blu-Rays I'll test with as soon as I get the update and report back.
post #644 of 729 Old 02-02-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:

Didn't work for me either. Tried with 6 movies.
post #645 of 729 Old 02-02-2012, 05:02 PM

I can now see youtube 3D videos correctly (search yt3d on youtube to play some) - this confirms that the player now DOES support 3D video playback.

Running to Family Video to rent a good 3D movie to test the disc player.
post #646 of 729 Old 02-02-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ywallet View Post

I can now see youtube 3D videos correctly (search yt3d on youtube to play some) - this confirms that the player now DOES support 3D video playback.

Running to Family Video to rent a good 3D movie to test the disc player.

Do you mean playing stereoscopic youtube videos? (side by side) I was able to view 3d from the youtube app previously like that, I just had to turn the side by side 3d option on my LG 47lw6500 to make it work. Now if only the damn blu ray would work grrr

Edit: I may have been thinking of the native youtube app on the tv itself because doing yt3d on that app gives a better 3D image without having to manually set it to display 3D. Can you elaborate on how you got the youtube app on googleTV to work properly with 3D?
post #647 of 729 Old 02-02-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:

Do you mean playing stereoscopic youtube videos? (side by side) I was able to view 3d from the youtube app previously like that, I just had to turn the side by side 3d option on my LG 47lw6500 to make it work. Now if only the damn blu ray would work grrr

Edit: I may have been thinking of the native youtube app on the tv itself because doing yt3d on that app gives a better 3D image without having to manually set it to display 3D. Can you elaborate on how you got the youtube app on googleTV to work properly with 3D?

For youtube app I intially was seeing the side by side version. Today I realized I need to update picture setting for each input so I set the input to Google TV and then updated the picture settings under expert 1 to match the recommended settings for LW6500 (look here -> http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4#post21054884 ) .. viola, youtube was now showing 3D. Just note the TV did not automatically detect the 3D signal so I had to press the 3D button on remote and select the 2nd option after 2D -> 3D.

I also got the Yogi Bear 3D movie from family video (not great reviews but they have very few available & I just need it for the test) and its showing beautiful 3D !
post #648 of 729 Old 02-02-2012, 09:02 PM

Intriguing, I'm using standard but I'll try those settings as well on expert. Can I ask if you used any special input labels for your HMDI to google tv? I'm using Game to minimize input lag but maybe that's affecting the 3D?
post #649 of 729 Old 02-02-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:

Intriguing, I'm using standard but I'll try those settings as well on expert. Can I ask if you used any special input labels for your HMDI to google tv? I'm using Game to minimize input lag but maybe that's affecting the 3D?

I have connected GTV to HDMI 1 on my LW6500.
post #650 of 729 Old 02-02-2012, 09:23 PM

Blarg I must be missing a setting somewhere because I still get spit screen even on expert lol

EDIT: I changed the setting from expert to cinema and now it works, hope this helps others with an LG LW6500 model

EDIT 2: You can use any video profile you want, but you have to use cinema in the audio profile under the quick menu settings, gotta love DRM lol
post #651 of 729 Old 02-03-2012, 10:42 AM

Excellent! I've had the NSZ-GT1 sitting unopened after purchasing it for $75, but was going to sell it as it did not support 3D. I will now keep it and set it up with my 82" Mitsubishi 3D tv.
post #652 of 729 Old 02-03-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_jbloggs View Post

Excellent! I've had the NSZ-GT1 sitting unopened after purchasing it for $75, but was going to sell it as it did not support 3D. I will now keep it and set it up with my 82" Mitsubishi 3D tv.

Had the same intent to sell this unit since I got it free as part of the promo last year to buy the NX720 TV. But now its more useful than my other regular BD player and with the added 3D playback functionality....hell yeah its a keeper!
post #653 of 729 Old 02-03-2012, 01:15 PM

Just bought a Pioneer VSX-1021-K receiver from Newegg for $300 to replace my HDMI 1.3 receiver that doesn't support 3D. I held off as I wasn't sold on 3D since ESPN3D isn't super great or anything, but now that this player has it I tried out Cars 2 and was convinced. If 3D is an option for a movie going forward, it's a no brainer.

Any good place to rent 3D blu rays?
post #654 of 729 Old 02-03-2012, 09:44 PM
AVS Special Member

I just purchased one of these units a few weeks ago and so far I love it. For some reason I can't get the unit to decode DTS-MA and TruHD and pass PCM audio to my Denon 3806 PCM only receiver. I've had a PS3, Dune and Panasonic Bluray player hooked to this unit and they all seemed to decode DTS-MA and TruHD as PCM just fine. When I hit info on the NSZ-GT1, it displays the audio as DD 5.1 or DTS 5.1. My plan was for this to be my bluray player, but if I can't get it to decode next gen audio, it's a no go. I do get PCM when I play a movie that has a PCM track like 300, but when I switch to the TrueHD track it quickly switches it to DD from TrueHD. I see the TrueHD for about a second.
I have updated to the newest version and it didn't resolve my issue. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

the unit is set to mix audio under setting.
post #655 of 729 Old 02-04-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg T View Post

I just purchased one of these units a few weeks ago and so far I love it. For some reason I can't get the unit to decode DTS-MA and TruHD and pass PCM audio to my Denon 3806 PCM only receiver. I've had a PS3, Dune and Panasonic Bluray player hooked to this unit and they all seemed to decode DTS-MA and TruHD as PCM just fine. When I hit info on the NSZ-GT1, it displays the audio as DD 5.1 or DTS 5.1. My plan was for this to be my bluray player, but if I can't get it to decode next gen audio, it's a no go. I do get PCM when I play a movie that has a PCM track like 300, but when I switch to the TrueHD track it quickly switches it to DD from TrueHD. I see the TrueHD for about a second.
I have updated to the newest version and it didn't resolve my issue. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

the unit is set to mix audio under setting.

There are setting in the "main" settings sections for disc audio. You have to turn off re-encoding/mixing of other sounds. Can't remember the exact setting but I noticed this when I brought my unit downstairs to test 3d. After some setting tweaks it passed dts-ma HD.
post #656 of 729 Old 02-04-2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:

Blarg I must be missing a setting somewhere because I still get spit screen even on expert lol

EDIT: I changed the setting from expert to cinema and now it works, hope this helps others with an LG LW6500 model

EDIT 2: You can use any video profile you want, but you have to use cinema in the audio profile under the quick menu settings, gotta love DRM lol

Thanks for the tip pysch2l !
post #657 of 729 Old 02-05-2012, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Does anyone have an idea if Amazon Instant Video will ever have a standalone app?
Watching it through the browser is...not so enticing.

Also, anybody have a link to instructions on how to move apps to more preferable positions around the main screen and the app page?
post #658 of 729 Old 02-08-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:

I'm having the same problem - mine won't play back 3D when connected via my new Pioneer VSX-1021, but is fine when going direct to the TV. Anyone have any suggestions? I've already tried swapping HDMI cables.
post #659 of 729 Old 02-09-2012, 06:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
Shink, you should complain to Sony. I'd suggest email and posting in their forums (https://forum.sel.sony.com/viewforum.php?f=79). I posted on their about my unit not working with 3d. I assumed it was a receiver thing but didn't bother to try without a receiver in the chain. I plugged my sony gtv player into the same hdmi plug my Samsung 3d blu ray player uses (successfully) so if that didn't work it is on their end.
post #660 of 729 Old 02-12-2012, 09:27 AM

I am really considering picking one of these up; however I do have DirecTV and I keep seeing it only integrates with Dish Network. Is the only issue that this will not display the dvr recordings via a search? If that is all; that certainly is not a deal breaker for me. Anything else that doesn't work the DTV??? I see its about $200 on Amazon; is there somewhere else you would recommend to purchase this?
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Sony Nsz Gt1 Wi Fi Enabled Blu Ray Disc Player , Sony Bdp S770 3d Blu Ray Disc Player With Wi Fi , Sony Bdp S570 3d Blu Ray Disc Player , Sony Bdp S470 3d Blu Ray Disc Player , Sony Bdp S370 Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - S570 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page