Sony NSZ-GT1 with GOOGLE TV - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 729 Old 08-21-2012, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
The one I received last week just said "general system stability". I haven't noticed any difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 729 Old 09-12-2012, 11:00 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone know if it is possible to have the Google Music app playing music while I am watching TV (ie. running the "TV app") on this device? For example, if I want to watch, say, a football game but have tunes playing from Google music. It works fine in the background for other functions but for obvious reasons, the music shuts off when I switch to TV viewing. I was hoping there was some way to do this.
post #723 of 729 Old 09-25-2012, 11:09 AM

I have been searching for an answer for this for awhile and havent had any luck so I decided to make this post.

Can I control a Denon receiver from the remote itself... without using IR blasters. All I want to do is be able to adjust the volume, which I can do just fine on my Samsung TV, but everything I see/read states I need to use the IR blaster for an AVR. I think I am stuck here but wanted to make sure no one knew of a workaround (denon volume control is the same code as sansui TVs for example) or if there was something I was missing. Thanks in advance
post #724 of 729 Old 08-10-2013, 08:51 PM

I'm having the same problem with reboots. Did you ever get it to stop?
post #725 of 729 Old 11-19-2013, 08:52 AM

Hello All,

I recently switched from DirectTV to basic cable and now my Sony nsz-gt1 Blue Ray Google device will NOT be recognized as an input to the TV.   I would just like to use the Blue Ray player to watch movies for now until we get ATT U-verse in a few months. The TV inputs allows for 5 inputs of all kinds (DVD1, DVD2, Camcorder3, AVR, etc..).   The Sony unit has 1 HDMI output and 1 HDMI input.  The TV only has 1 HDMI interface that works fine with other devices such PS3.   The Sony is NOT recognized by the TV.  I tried switching the HDMI cables to no avail. I reboot the device as well STILL not recognized by TV.  Please help.

Byron

post #726 of 729 Old 11-21-2013, 04:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Apart from making sure the HDMI cable isn't plugged into the HDMI input port on the back of the thing (it happens), if you've swapped out the cable and other devices are working just fine with both cables on the same set, then that's pretty much everything. You can probably try unplugging the GT1 from power entirely for about a minute or so, but if you're still not getting a picture at that point that probably wraps it up for that thing...

...and I need your sweet love, Latina T-Mobile girl!

post #727 of 729 Old 11-22-2013, 04:54 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by byrontho View Post

Hello All,
  I recently switched from DirectTV to basic cable and now my Sony nsz-gt1 Blue Ray Google device will NOT be recognized as an input to the TV.   I would just like to use the Blue Ray player to watch movies for now until we get ATT U-verse in a few months. The TV inputs allows for 5 inputs of all kinds (DVD1, DVD2, Camcorder3, AVR, etc..).   The Sony unit has 1 HDMI output and 1 HDMI input.  The TV only has 1 HDMI interface that works fine with other devices such PS3.   The Sony is NOT recognized by the TV.  I tried switching the HDMI cables to no avail. I reboot the device as well STILL not recognized by TV.  Please help.

Byron

Some TV's are proprietary and are finicky about what HDMI cable they will accept...eek.gif Also while you had Direct TV did you connect to the NSZ-GT1? If so you may want to call ATT U-Verse for support as their cable box needs to connect to the INPUT on the back of the NSZ and the output HDMI on the NSZ to your TV. You can usually hit home key on remote even if you do not have cable box on and you will be able to see the home shortcut screen...wink.gif Make sure that on back of NSZ output HDMI is connected to TV and input HDMI to cable box....wink.gif

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=NSZGT1&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=tutorials#/tutorialsTab
post #728 of 729 Old 05-31-2014, 06:44 AM

My unit is down. No power. The power brick has power. The unit does not. Any suggestions? Sony offered a replacement --- for $500!!!!!!
post #729 of 729 Old 05-31-2014, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmkunisch View Post

My unit is down. No power. The power brick has power. The unit does not. Any suggestions? Sony offered a replacement --- for $500!!!!!!

Wow, you called Sony about that?
Their Playstation 3 (a better piece of tech) can be purchased for $200.

I'd give some suggestions, including troubleshooting where the power failure is and how bad the problem is, but that's a chicken-n-egg issue. If you knew how to do the troubleshooting I recommend, you'd already know what troubleshooting to do.

Sell the remote on ebay and save up for another BD player.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Sony Nsz Gt1 Wi Fi Enabled Blu Ray Disc Player , Sony Bdp S770 3d Blu Ray Disc Player With Wi Fi , Sony Bdp S570 3d Blu Ray Disc Player , Sony Bdp S470 3d Blu Ray Disc Player , Sony Bdp S370 Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - S570 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page