BluRay for Stereo... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 11-18-2010, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Which BluRay players have dedicated analog channels for stereo listening?

I'm setting up my home gym with an AV system for music dvds & cds.

(I've found that rock music offers more motivation for a good workout than a personal trainer.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-18-2010, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronadair View Post

which bluray players have dedicated analog channels for stereo listening?

I'm setting up my home gym with an av system for music dvds & cds.

(i've found that rock music offers more motivation for a good workout than a personal trainer.)

oppo bdp-83, bdp-83se.
post #3 of 8 Old 11-18-2010, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm pretty sure all Blu-Ray players feature analog stereo outs. The Oppos have dedicated D to A Converters for that purpose, but any Blu-ray player I've ever looked at has analog stereo outputs, and that's all you really need.
post #4 of 8 Old 11-18-2010, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oppo, Pioneer (except the new Sharp based players) and Denon should all have high quality stereo analog outputs. I personally used a Pioneer 51 connected directly to a stereo amp and was very pleased with that setup. I have since added an AVR to the mix so I could utilize my 2.1 for antenna TV also.

That's what I recommend though. If you just have a 2.0/2.1 setup with no other sources, hook a stereo Amplifier right to the stereo outs of the player.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 Old 11-19-2010, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklac View Post
Oppo, Pioneer (except the new Sharp based players) and Denon should all have high quality stereo analog outputs. I personally used a Pioneer 51 connected directly to a stereo amp and was very pleased with that setup. I have since added an AVR to the mix so I could utilize my 2.1 for antenna TV also.

That's what I recommend though. If you just have a 2.0/2.1 setup with no other sources, hook a stereo Amplifier right to the stereo outs of the player.
One caveat on the OPPO's. The new BDP-93 won't have dedicated stereo outs that the BDP-83, 83SE have. That's being sacrificed, but the later, enhanced analog BDP-95 will have them (as well as everything else the BDP-93 has).

The 93 does have high quality multi-ch analog outputs, but not the dedicated stereo outputs.
post #6 of 8 Old 11-19-2010, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post

One caveat on the OPPO's. The new BDP-93 won't have dedicated stereo outs that the BDP-83, 83SE have. That's being sacrificed, but the later, enhanced analog BDP-95 will have them (as well as everything else the BDP-93 has).

The 93 does have high quality multi-ch analog outputs, but not the dedicated stereo outputs.

What exactly is the disadvantage to not having the dedicated stereo outs on the 93?
I assume you can use the multi-ch analog outs on the 93, but will it have a huge difference in SQ?
post #7 of 8 Old 11-19-2010, 10:46 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 440 Post(s)
Liked: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by volta View Post

What exactly is the disadvantage to not having the dedicated stereo outs on the 93?
I assume you can use the multi-ch analog outs on the 93, but will it have a huge difference in SQ?

The BDP-83 used more expensive DACs for the dedicated stereo outputs, which is something dedicated 2-channel listeners appreciate.

You can also use the 7.1 FL/FR outputs with the proper downmix setting for stereo purposes and get good results, but with less audiophile goodness.

-Bill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #8 of 8 Old 11-20-2010, 08:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volta View Post

What Bill said......

and since the OP's original statement concerned dedicated (excellent on the OPPO) stereo outputs, the fact that they were not carried to the 93 may affect his decision.
Reply Blu-ray Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page