post #15211 of 26905 Old 10-31-2011, 10:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by jparry View Post

Is there a particular folder structure that needs to be present when creating BD ISO files to hard drive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post

Nope. You can store the ISOs in whatever folder structure you choose.

With the caveat that the ISO must contain a functional BDMV file structure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15212 of 26905 Old 10-31-2011, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Well I am assuming that if you are dropping ISOs, you have made a proper and compatible backup.
post #15213 of 26905 Old 10-31-2011, 09:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jparry View Post

So I attempted to jump into the ISO on external bandwagon. Ripped some ISOs using AnydvdHD to a NTFS 2gb drive externally powered drive. Plugged into the OPPO via the front USB port and fired up the OPPO without a disc in the tray.

During OPPO startup I could see it detect and connect to the USB device, but when I go to the home screen and choose Movies no USB device shows up.

I can hear the hard drive spinning. I also tried SATA with the same result.

What firmware do you have installed? Oppo only supported ISO with more recent firmware IIRC.

If you have a lot of files on the HDD, indexing can take a while.

I usually power on the OPPO and then once it's stable, connect a USB HDD: you might want to try this as you can follow the connection process onscreen. You can't do this with eSATA though: have to power up the HDD and have it connected before powering up the Oppo.

I also found with USB/eSATA docks that you can't have 2 cables plugged in simultaneously: must only have one connection for the dock to work.

I only use the rear USB port, via the extender cable for the wireless dongle (not that it should make a difference).
post #15214 of 26905 Old 11-01-2011, 01:07 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffinator View Post

It's easier for my wife and kids to use the switching in the AVR. I thought I was done buying AVR's for a while but now I'm thinking of upgrading once again. It never ends...

If you're using a universal remote (I use harmony One) you can set this up so that wife and kids can watch BDP93 through AVR with video and audio.

And then create a second activity/macro so you can watch video direct to tv and audio via avr. Benefit of this is qdeo processing (only works on HDM1).

I too have the 3808 and sometimes it's just easier doing everything via the avr...especially re hdmi handshakes. Of course qdeo does make SD video noticably better.

(My harmony has activities for Oppo/BD region A/BD region B/CD & HDCD and probably others too )

cheers
blairy
post #15215 of 26905 Old 11-01-2011, 09:04 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by blairy View Post

I too have the 3808 and sometimes it's just easier doing everything via the avr...especially re hdmi handshakes. Of course qdeo does make SD video noticably better. blairy

I use a MX-500 and have it programmed with macros. The QDEO was one of the reasons for asking which output was best to use. My main focus is BD not 3D but I want to be able to use 3D. I'll use HDMI 1 to my panel and HDMI 2 to my AVR and program my remote to reflect those inputs.
post #15216 of 26905 Old 11-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Advanced Member

Just got mine today and couldn't get my xantech 791-44 10 port emitter system to work. So I emailed tech support and they told me to try a stereo to stereo cable instead of mono to mono. And that fixed it. So if anyone is having problems with the xantech try a stereo cable instead!!!
post #15217 of 26905 Old 11-01-2011, 06:07 PM

Liked: 10
I bought many DVDs in USA, but I need to add subtitles because many friends do not read/understand English. And seeing films on my OPPO is something that deserves a lot of friends together.

My question: Is it possible to play a DVD in the BPD-93 and select a subtitle in the USB or a DLNA server?

If this is the wrong place to make this question, please be so kind to indicate the correct thread/forum
post #15218 of 26905 Old 11-01-2011, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Currently, no, but this type of request is definitely on OPPO's radar. I wouldn't be too surprised if something like this were supported in a future firmware release.

One current solution is to use a DVD backup program that is designed to turn the multiple VOB files into a single MKV file. You can then mux a SRT file into the MKV to take advantage of subtitles.
post #15219 of 26905 Old 11-01-2011, 09:05 PM

I have some iso's that are labeled 'SACD' in the filename so I'm assuming they are created from SACDs. I tried playing these from USB attached storage but the Oppo says that it can't read this file. Can anyone tell me if this should work? I am able to play other iso's without any problems - iso's from DVD-V and DVD-A play fine.
post #15220 of 26905 Old 11-02-2011, 02:56 AM

The Oppo can play ISO files made from DVD or Blu-ray, but not from SACD.

The only way to play these SACD ISOs with the Oppo is to burn them to DVD+R, after which they will be recognized by the Oppo as a single layer SACD.
post #15221 of 26905 Old 11-02-2011, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

Did this happen just once, or is it repeatable with 3D set to Auto?

The Auto setting requires HDMI negotiation with the other devices. It tends to be quirky and the more links in the chain the quirkier it gets. If it happened just once then I would say that's just life with HDMI. If it always worked before but never works now, then that's mysterious. I have to suspect something changed in the other devices.

-Bill

Thanks to both guys for replying. I changed the 93 back to "auto", checked the TV settings but not receiver settings(HDMI 1 to TV, HDMI 2 to receiver) and nothing was changed then started the same 3D BR (Under the Sea) I had a problem with on the 2nd viewing. Selected 3D and got 3D. Then tried 2 other 3D BR's and got 3D. Life with HDMI, perhaps.
Thank you again.
post #15222 of 26905 Old 11-02-2011, 06:36 AM

I have my Oppo 93 running HDMI 1 out to a NAD M15 preamp to a JVC RS25 projector. On some Blu ray disks the audio does not come out of all the rear speakers (7.1) setup) Also, when skipping chapters, there is significant lipsync issues.

So - seems there is several places where audio and video processing can occur and cause problems - how to address with my setup?

Thanks
post #15223 of 26905 Old 11-02-2011, 08:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lic265 View Post

I have my Oppo 93 running HDMI 1 out to a NAD M15 preamp to a JVC RS25 projector. On some Blu ray disks the audio does not come out of all the rear speakers (7.1) setup) Also, when skipping chapters, there is significant lipsync issues.

Thanks

If you are allowing the Oppo to decode the audio of the disk, then it is going to send the proper number of channels to your NAD based upon the disk not based upon your setup. IE: a 5.1 disk will be decoded 5.1 and only a 7.1 disk will be decoded 7.1.
post #15224 of 26905 Old 11-02-2011, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornette View Post

The only way to play these SACD ISOs with the Oppo is to burn them to DVD+R, after which they will be recognized by the Oppo as a single layer SACD.

Pointer to how to rip an SACD I own?

post #15225 of 26905 Old 11-02-2011, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 42
If you have the right hardware, it can be done. Without it, impossible.

See this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post

Pointer to how to rip an SACD I own?

post #15226 of 26905 Old 11-02-2011, 09:51 AM

Dear Oppo owners!

I would like to buy an Oppo BDP-93/95 player. But I don't know that, my AV collection will working with the new player? (Curretly everything working with my Dune HD Base 3)
So the questions:
- Oppo knows HD audio formats & any type of subtitles & chapters in mkv container like as Dune?
- What video and audio formats unsupported (compared to Dune HD) (Can play mp3, flac, multi channel flac, ape, BD ISO, DVD ISO, single ts & m2ts? )
- Is there any catalogizer software to Oppo, like as Zappiti or yaDIS to Dune?
- Can play from NAS and USB HDD too? NTFS file system supported?

Thank you for your help!
post #15227 of 26905 Old 11-02-2011, 10:44 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raulka View Post

Dear Oppo owners!

I would like to buy an Oppo BDP-93/95 player. But I don't know that, my AV collection will working with the new player? (Curretly everything working with my Dune HD Base 3)
So the questions:
- Oppo knows HD audio formats & any type of subtitles & chapters in mkv container like as Dune?
- What video and audio formats unsupported (compared to Dune HD) (Can play mp3, flac, multi channel flac, ape, BD ISO, DVD ISO, single ts & m2ts? )
- Is there any catalogizer software to Oppo, like as Zappiti or yaDIS to Dune?
- Can play from NAS and USB HDD too? NTFS file system supported?

Thank you for your help!

First: have a look at the FAQ linked in my signature.

-Bill
post #15228 of 26905 Old 11-02-2011, 04:18 PM

Okay guys. I'm back. With lipsync issues again.

Now that I have the Rotel HDMI-preamp in place, I can adjust the lipsync in steps of 5ms. Problem is that the lipsync is CLEARLY drifting. I watched Captain America yesterday. In the middle of the movie there are some really clear scenes with a gun firing. I adjusted the lipsync in the AVR using that scene and ended up at 20ms audio delay. The lipsync was spot on. Today I rewatched the movie with some friends and lipsync was good in the beginning but kept drifting . I thought "Lets wait for the scene I used to calibrate the lipsync". This time, when I had played the movie from scratch, it was out of sync! I replayed the chapter and now it was in sync again.

I have read other threads where people complain about this on Oppo players.

My next step will be to try a different bluray player and see if it has the same issue.

If anyone else is experiencing the same, please let me know.

Thanks

/ Jacob
post #15229 of 26905 Old 11-02-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja.jo View Post

Okay guys. I'm back. With lipsync issues again.
If anyone else is experiencing the same, please let me know.

Sorry (for you, not for me), but I've never had any lip synch issues with the 93 from any source - it's always "just worked". This is running HDMI 1 direct to a Samsung LCD display and HDMI 2 to an Onkyo receiver.
Looking back at the thread, I don't think it's been a common problem.
post #15230 of 26905 Old 11-02-2011, 05:02 PM

Ok, this may be simple to those who understand computers better than me, but my challenge was to take my Imovie clips from my Mac, move to an external hard drive and watch on the Oppo.

Here is how i did it:
1) Buy Paragon NTFS for Mac OS x. Install on mac, and it fixes the communication problems between the Mac system and NTFS, providing full read and write access to Windows NTFS partitions under Mac OS X.
2) Select clips from your Imovie and make a Project.
3) Finalize project.
4) Go to Share->Export using Quicktime . save as a .mov file, Under options set video compression to H.264 and sound format to AAC.
Then find it in your Movies file on the Mac.
5)Copy to your external hard drive( i am using a Iomega 1 TB drive, plug into oppo and enjoy
post #15231 of 26905 Old 11-02-2011, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuzzy View Post

I think the technology is too new to just drop it in yet...give it some time...ALAC tech that is..

Seriously, that's an excuse? Apple Lossless has been around for what...8 years now? I'm sure the sample code that Apple dropped on the world isn't exactly new either. All Oppo needs is to include the decrypt side of the code which gives you the same AIFF information you get from FLAC or any other lossless encoder. Best of all, Apple has done 90% of the work for you...all you have to do if plug it into the code that determines file type for either the scanned file system or DLNA stream....pretty easy.

Rick
post #15232 of 26905 Old 11-02-2011, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHorse View Post

Sorry (for you, not for me), but I've never had any lip synch issues with the 93 from any source - it's always "just worked". This is running HDMI 1 direct to a Samsung LCD display and HDMI 2 to an Onkyo receiver.
Looking back at the thread, I don't think it's been a common problem.

works fine with my panasonic HDTV and onyko receiver.

Jacob
post #15233 of 26905 Old 11-02-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornette View Post

Great to know, thank you!
post #15234 of 26905 Old 11-02-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenfeet View Post

Seriously, that's an excuse? Apple Lossless has been around for what...8 years now? I'm sure the sample code that Apple dropped on the world isn't exactly new either. All Oppo needs is to include the decrypt side of the code which gives you the same AIFF information you get from FLAC or any other lossless encoder. Best of all, Apple has done 90% of the work for you...all you have to do if plug it into the code that determines file type for either the scanned file system or DLNA stream....pretty easy.

I think the better excuse might be demand, or lack thereof. Does anybody use ALAC? I'm a Mac guy through and through and I've never used it. Never could see why it had any advantage over FLAC, which is pretty much the de-facto lossless format.
But choice is great, I guess, and I'm sure if Oppo's engineers can include it, they will. They may, however, have higher priorities (like the 720p scaling bug, HD audio codecs, FLAC and Vorbis in MKV files, improved subtitle support, etc).
post #15235 of 26905 Old 11-02-2011, 05:39 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenfeet View Post

Seriously, that's an excuse?

Codec support comes from the decoder chip maker, in this case Mediatek. OPPO has good relations with them, but can't just make things happen.

-Bill
post #15236 of 26905 Old 11-03-2011, 01:13 AM

Any plans to have a Plex/XBMC client or a GUI like those app? It will help to the people like me with files on the NAS.
post #15237 of 26905 Old 11-03-2011, 02:26 AM

With the latest firmware update, I have lost my album art on flac-files. Could not find a post on the forum with this problem. Has anyone noticed this regression?
post #15238 of 26905 Old 11-03-2011, 04:27 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketxo View Post

Any plans to have a Plex/XBMC client or a GUI like those app? It will help to the people like me with files on the NAS.

OPPO doesn't talk about futures, so no one can answer your question. Make your needs known to them; they do listen.

-Bill
post #15239 of 26905 Old 11-03-2011, 04:30 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowie View Post

With the latest firmware update, I have lost my album art on flac-files. Could not find a post on the forum with this problem. Has anyone noticed this regression?

Is this on local storage over DLNA?

The art is embedded in the files? With what sort of tags?

-Bill
post #15240 of 26905 Old 11-03-2011, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

I wonder if it is a partition table issue. Drives over 2TB have to use a new scheme which OPPO does not support; might WD have used it on this drive as well?

There is a separate issue of Advanced Format sector alignment on the WD 3.5" drives, but I believe that would affect performance, not mountability.

-Bill

Well I finally got around to more testing last night. It appears to be this particular drive that is the problem. Thumb drive and another WD 1TB blue drive were recognized without any issues.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Blu Ray Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page