post #20551 of 26959 Old 04-27-2012, 05:56 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jidelite View Post

I have a 4 bay Mediasonic enclosure with 2 drive and they show up as individual drives so I have to know which drive contain which movies (HDD#1 always has the latest movies). The contents shows up in alphabetical order (folders first then iso). As far as which order an individual drives will show up, it seems the HDD in the highest numbered bay will appear first in the list when you hit Home.

jidelite

Is the spin up faster than external USB drives? Takes a while for my WD external drives to show up once I hit Movies. Guess it depends on the power setting on the Mediasonic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20552 of 26959 Old 04-28-2012, 01:28 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
The most annoying thing that comes to mind is on blu-ray dics, if i hit the enter button, after a long pause or stop, the disc reverts back to the beginning, rather than ask me if I want go to where I left off. This is entirely my fault for pushing the wrong button (again and again), but it would be nice if the remote always ask me if I want to resume. If I am doing something wrong please suggest. On a side note, can I extend the time the remote stays lit up?
post #20553 of 26959 Old 04-28-2012, 04:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 78
It's not you. It's the BD-Java encoding on the disc. A resume function must be encoded into a BD, unlike for S-DVD where the resume function is implemented in the player. Many BDs do not have the resume capability encoded on the disc. Fortunately, more and more discs seem to be coming with this encoding but it is nowhere near universal in new discs.

post #20554 of 26959 Old 04-28-2012, 04:50 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 30
I have my Oppo iOS application going into beta. I'm looking for volunteers to help test it out.

To do so, you need to have the following:
1. Oppo 83 or higher BD player WITH RS-232 port
2. A Mac or PC nearby with a free serial port, or an Ethernet to RS-232 adapter.
3. One of those USB/Serial based region free dongles that plugs into the back

The app works as a remote for the player and displays various data on the screen as to disc type, subtitles, what type of audio playback, elapsed time, etc. If you have a dongle, the app will "clone" your unlock key and unlock the player for you. The app itself does not function as a region-free mod.

I have a few slots open for testers, just PM me if you are interested.
LL
LL
post #20555 of 26959 Old 04-28-2012, 05:01 AM

Liked: 10
I like the new YouTube app but the interface is SLOW.
post #20556 of 26959 Old 04-28-2012, 05:38 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rworne View Post

i have my oppo ios application going into beta. I'm looking for volunteers to help test it out.

1. Oppo 83 or higher bd player with rs-232 port
2. A mac or pc nearby with a free serial port, or an ethernet to rs-232 adapter.
3. One of those usb/serial based region free dongles that plugs into the back

the app works as a remote for the player and displays various data on the screen as to disc type, subtitles, what type of audio playback, elapsed time, etc. If you have a dongle, the app will "clone" your unlock key and unlock the player for you. The app itself does not function as a region-free mod.

I have a few slots open for testers, just pm me if you are interested.

cool!
post #20557 of 26959 Old 04-28-2012, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCleary View Post

I like the new YouTube app but the interface is SLOW.

concurred, and the auto-searching is annoying as eff. Have to wait 30 seconds (or so it seems) between each successive char entry.
post #20558 of 26959 Old 04-28-2012, 12:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamerlover View Post

cool!

Yes! But no volunteers.

I thought there was interest in an iOS app for Oppo players, guess I was wrong.
post #20559 of 26959 Old 04-28-2012, 12:58 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:

Yes! But no volunteers.

I thought there was interest in an iOS app for Oppo players, guess I was wrong.

Your requirement #3 might be a sticking point for a lot of people... Why is the external region free mod required?
post #20560 of 26959 Old 04-28-2012, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post

Your requirement #3 might be a sticking point for a lot of people... Why is the external region free mod required?

agreed.

Jacob
post #20561 of 26959 Old 04-28-2012, 05:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post

Not really required. It is something I want to test. As long as someone has one it's fine, I just need a sample size of more than one.

The real sticking point is the nearby PC or Mac. I have free redirector software to allow this to work, we all know the Oppo cannot be controlled directly over the network.
post #20562 of 26959 Old 04-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

concurred, and the auto-searching is annoying as eff. Have to wait 30 seconds (or so it seems) between each successive char entry.

Yes, as noted above that aspect of the User Interface for the new YouTube app definitely still needs, umm, fine tuning.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #20563 of 26959 Old 04-28-2012, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

Yes, as noted above that aspect of the User Interface for the new YouTube app definitely still needs, umm, fine tuning.
--Bob

its true that it does need some fine tuning. its certainly an improvement over the last version.

Jacob
post #20564 of 26959 Old 04-28-2012, 08:44 PM

Tonight I tried starting up the 93 and the red light turns blue for a couple second then back to red. After that if I push the on button it just stays red.
tried unplugging it and it goes through the same sequence.
Any ideas?
post #20565 of 26959 Old 04-28-2012, 09:35 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceko View Post

Tonight I tried starting up the 93 and the red light turns blue for a couple second then back to red. After that if I push the on button it just stays red.
tried unplugging it and it goes through the same sequence.
Any ideas?

Disconnect EVERYTHING from the player, including the power cord. After about a minute, re-attach JUST the power cord.

Now try powering up the player using the Tray Open button on the front panel (which will also eject the tray so that any disc in there can not start loading).

If the player does not power up normally (as evidenced by the front panel), then it likely needs service.

One other thing to try is to take the player to a different room with a different wall power circuit (i.e., not on the same circuit breaker as your normal location), just in case there's some issue with wall power at your normal location.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #20566 of 26959 Old 04-28-2012, 09:39 PM

Thanks Bob
Unplugging everything solved the problem
post #20567 of 26959 Old 04-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceko View Post

Thanks Bob
Unplugging everything solved the problem

Check your connections carefully, as this would suggest something is shorted or plugged into the wrong socket at one end or the other. If you are using any attached hard drives, check that their external power is functioning as otherwise they may have been trying to draw too much power from the USB socket on the OPPO.
--Bob

post #20568 of 26959 Old 04-29-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:

I have my Oppo iOS application going into beta. I'm looking for volunteers to help test it out.

1. Oppo 83 or higher BD player WITH RS-232 port
2. A Mac or PC nearby with a free serial port, or an Ethernet to RS-232 adapter.
3. One of those USB/Serial based region free dongles that plugs into the back

The app works as a remote for the player and displays various data on the screen as to disc type, subtitles, what type of audio playback, elapsed time, etc. If you have a dongle, the app will "clone" your unlock key and unlock the player for you. The app itself does not function as a region-free mod.

I have a few slots open for testers, just PM me if you are interested.

I have been informed from Oppo Support some weeks ago that they are working on an iOS app. This was connected with my inquiry about enabling Oppo players, particularly the 93, to act as DLNA renderer. They namely said: "The current hardware is not capable of reliable DLNA rendering, but we are working on control and browser apps." and, additionally, "once the app is fully finished that will one of it's functions".
This all is very exciting! I like the interface, but is this the same app Oppo is working on?
If you still need testers, I can participate (iPhone 3G and 4S, Oppo BDP-93EU (no dongles), Anthem AVM 50v, Synology 211j as music storage and DLNA server).
post #20569 of 26959 Old 04-29-2012, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
I did a search but could not find this issue addressed but it is possible I missed it in the 20,000+ posts on this thread. I am having an issue where I originally set up my Player with the easy setup on a TV and selected the compatible mode for the HDMI audio because I wasn't sure my receiver supported 1.3. Now I have it hooked up in the theater room and I need to change to Advanced so I can pass Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio. The only problem is I do not see this menu option anywhere. I looked at the manual and it said you can go through the easy setup again by resetting the factory defaults. However The manual says that the reset factory default is under the device setup menu, but I cannot find the factory reset anywhere in this menu or any other menu for that matter. Anyone else have this issue?
post #20570 of 26959 Old 04-29-2012, 10:29 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockmonkey2000 View Post

I did a search but could not find this issue addressed but it is possible I missed it in the 20,000+ posts on this thread. I am having an issue where I originally set up my Player with the easy setup on a TV and selected the compatible mode for the HDMI audio because I wasn't sure my receiver supported 1.3. Now I have it hooked up in the theater room and I need to change to Advanced so I can pass Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio. The only problem is I do not see this menu option anywhere. I looked at the manual and it said you can go through the easy setup again by resetting the factory defaults. However The manual says that the reset factory default is under the device setup menu, but I cannot find the factory reset anywhere in this menu or any other menu for that matter. Anyone else have this issue?

Make sure disc playback is completely stopped before running Setup. Then look under Device Setup. Note that it is a scrolling list and you may have to arrow down past the bottom.

There is an Easy Setup menu option which is less drastic than Reset Factory Default; it doesn't erase your account ids, for example.

The Setup Checklist has an outline of the Setup Menu and also notes on the difference between Advanced and Compatible settings: http://watershade.net/wmcclain/BDP-9...Checklist.html

-Bill
post #20571 of 26959 Old 04-29-2012, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:

Cool, I do not have a Oppo BDP-93 yet but I am interested if this is an iPad app. I have your oRemote app and use it with a Onkyo PR-SC5508P.

Quote:

As in a Global Caché GC-100. I have a GC-100-12
post #20572 of 26959 Old 04-29-2012, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

Make sure disc playback is completely stopped before running Setup. Then look under Device Setup. Note that it is a scrolling list and you may have to arrow down past the bottom.

There is an Easy Setup menu option which is less drastic than Reset Factory Default; it doesn't erase your account ids, for example.

The Setup Checklist has an outline of the Setup Menu and also notes on the difference between Advanced and Compatible settings: http://watershade.net/wmcclain/BDP-9...Checklist.html

-Bill

Thanks that was the issue - when I stopped the playback, the easy setup appeared in the menu.
post #20573 of 26959 Old 04-29-2012, 02:26 PM

Liked: 32
Anyone else have an issue with Netflix movies locking the Oppo up at around the hour mark? Done it twice so far to us since the new FW was installed. Never an issue before.
post #20574 of 26959 Old 04-29-2012, 06:01 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ Blu-ray or SD-DVD? If SD-DVD it could be a problem with reading the outer edge of the disc surface due to scratches or fingerprints which are more common there than closer to the center hole. The player may not be stuck but just searching for something it can read.
--Bob

post #20575 of 26959 Old 04-29-2012, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Splicer010 is likely talking about streaming, not discs in this case. There is a similar post on the OPPO Facebook wall.
post #20576 of 26959 Old 04-29-2012, 11:45 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockmonkey2000 View Post

Just to repeat, the Compatible and Advanced choices in the Easy Setup Wizard are simply two sets of factory default settings for the stuff found in the Setup menu. If you are already familiar with the settings in the Setup menu there's NO NEED to re-run the Easy Setup Wizard or Reset Factory Defaults. They don't do anything special or hidden. They just reset the collection of settings found in the Setup menu.

In your case the setting you are looking for is Setup > Audio Format Setup > HDMI Audio. Use "Bitstream" to tell the player it is OK to send things like TrueHD or DTS-HD MA to your AVR for decoding. Use LPCM to tell the OPPO to do the decoding itself and send the resulting, and completely equivalent, high bandwidth, multi-channel, LPCM instead. (The first thing your AVR does when receiving a Bitstream is to decode it into that same LPCM itself.)

If you are going to use Bitstream, then you should also set Secondary Audio OFF (unless you decide to play a disc feature -- such as PIP Commentary tracks -- that uses Secondary Audio).
--Bob

post #20577 of 26959 Old 04-30-2012, 12:57 AM

Quote:

Are you talking about the 0413 firmware that just came out yesterday?

Yes Bob, I was referring to the 0413 firmware. Using that firmware, I was unable to activate my BD-93 for Netflix, even though I had successfully activated it in the past with older firmware. I called Netflix support, and they were unable to determine the problem. No matter how many times I tried to activate it, with a new activation code each time, it said that the activation code had expired.
post #20578 of 26959 Old 04-30-2012, 01:47 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Schwartz View Post

Yes Bob, I was referring to the 0413 firmware. Using that firmware, I was unable to activate my BD-93 for Netflix, even though I had successfully activated it in the past with older firmware. I called Netflix support, and they were unable to determine the problem. No matter how many times I tried to activate it, with a new activation code each time, it said that the activation code had expired.

Try the following reset of the player:

1) Remove any disc. Jot down your settings in Setup.

2) Erase Persistent Storage.

3) Reset Factory Defaults. When the Easy Setup Wizard finishes, power down the player. (The Reset will also clear any current Netflix activation information.)

4) Pull the power plug for about 10 seconds. Do not skip this step.

5) Power up and re-enter your personal settings (including networking of course).

6) Power down one more time. Settings are saved during the power down cycle.

Now power up again, go into Setup > Device Setup > Firmware Information, and confirm that all 3 parts of your firmware are up to date. The expected versions are listed in the firmware history portion of the first post of this thread, or on the OPPO Support page for the player. Check the Main, Loader, and Sub/MCU versions.

Now try again to activate Netflix. If it fails again, I think you'll have to work the problem with OPPO tech support. It is possible I suppose that something in your networking (external to the player) is blocking the player from communicating with Netflix.

It is also possible that Netflix is confused and thinks you have already activated the maximum number of devices allowed against your account. But their support should have caught that when you called them. I'm presuming you were not actually streaming Netflix on other devices at the same time you tried to activate the OPPO.
--Bob

post #20579 of 26959 Old 04-30-2012, 04:38 AM

Quote:

--Bob

Have you heard that it is being worked on?

If they ever publish an API I know at least one person that would write apps for it - to give to Oppo not even for pay.
post #20580 of 26959 Old 04-30-2012, 05:01 AM
Read the FAQ!

^ Sorry, Beta Testers can't talk about whatever we might learn regarding work in progress.
--Bob

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page