One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxbigpipi View Post
Where can I get the superdisk from?
Note that this makes the player region-free for DVD only. Blu-ray requires a hardware mod.

-Bill
post #26973 of 26978 Old 08-31-2014, 11:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have a Synology NAS, which I play video files from on the Oppo. I'm not sure if my question is NAS/Media server related or Oppo related.

After I have deleted or moved folders on the NAS, they are still (some, not all) appearing in the networking folder tree view on the oppo. I can even go into the folder, but if I try to play the file (that isn't actually there) it says can't play unsupported file type.

So, wondering why the Oppo is not recognising file changes?? Any suggestions?

Michael
post #26974 of 26978 Old Yesterday, 12:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelp2005 View Post
I have a Synology NAS, which I play video files from on the Oppo. I'm not sure if my question is NAS/Media server related or Oppo related.

After I have deleted or moved folders on the NAS, they are still (some, not all) appearing in the networking folder tree view on the oppo. I can even go into the folder, but if I try to play the file (that isn't actually there) it says can't play unsupported file type.

Michael
Try disconnecting the drive and erasing the Oppo's internal storage (is that what it's called?), then reconnecting.

Max
post #26975 of 26978 Old Yesterday, 05:23 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelp2005 View Post

Michael
This is using DLNA over the network, not a direct attachment USB attachment to the player, right?

Does restarting the player not fix the problem?

Else: there should be some sort of control interface to DLNA on the server, and some option for rebuilding or refreshing the set of files known to the server.

-Bill
post #26976 of 26978 Old Yesterday, 07:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Guys,

I have a question about playback issues that may be disc media related, I hope. I have the BDP-93, not on the newest firmware. Playing through a Pioneer SC-75 Elite.

I burn .mkv files via BurnAware Pro to Verbatim DataLifePlus BD-R White 6x/25GB/Part Number 97339.

I have been doing fine but now I am getting down to the bottom 10 disc's of the 50 disc pack and am having freezes.

Example = Lets say a track 6 of 6 is freezing at 30 minutes. I burn another disc and at 30 minutes its fine. Now it freezes at 40 minutes. I check the first disc that froze at 30 to see if it froze at 40 and it did not.

The one thing in common is the track locations are always at the outer edge of the disc. The disc are usually almost to capacity.

What do you think? Low budget disc's? I run verify disc data in BurnAware Pro and get no errors.

Thanks

Thanks, 2therock

My Setup

post #26977 of 26978 Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 851
^ The usual problem with burned discs is that you are using too high a speed setting when burning them.

It actually is harder to handle the portion of the disc near the outer edge. The tracking motor has to respond to tracking wobbles faster out there. So it is possible that either the burner or the optical drive in the OPPO needs service. If the discs you burned earlier are still working, that would suggest the problem is in the burner.

In any event try burning at slower speed and see if that cures it.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #26978 of 26978 Old Yesterday, 07:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
^ The usual problem with burned discs is that you are using too high a speed setting when burning them.

It actually is harder to handle the portion of the disc near the outer edge. The tracking motor has to respond to tracking wobbles faster out there. So it is possible that either the burner or the optical drive in the OPPO needs service. If the discs you burned earlier are still working, that would suggest the problem is in the burner.

In any event try burning at slower speed and see if that cures it.
--Bob
Thanks!

Thanks, 2therock

My Setup

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page