Official OPPO BDP-93 Owner's Thread - Page 902 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 22Likes

post #27031 of 27037 Old 09-21-2014, 08:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Why do my subscription notifications from this thread "Only" come in as plain text. The links are text only, not click able?

Thanks, 2therock

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27032 of 27037 Old 09-21-2014, 11:49 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostaszag View Post
I have been having an issue with subtitles via DLNA. I am using the OPPO more as a Media Player than anything else, but It cannot load external subtitles with jpeg and mp4 files. I have to convert them to mkv, which is time consuming and results to mkv which cannot be fast forwarded with speed greater than 2x.

My question is: I am running currently an old ISO-capable firmware. Has there been any improvement on this subject in later firmware editions? Would a firmware update bring the possibility of loading subs on jpeg and mp4 files?
I have the latest f/w and have played mp4 files with external subtitles via dlna.

I have also been able to FF mkv files faster than 2x.
post #27033 of 27037 Old Yesterday, 04:02 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2therock View Post
Why do my subscription notifications from this thread "Only" come in as plain text. The links are text only, not click able?
Try the Operations Center for forum issues: http://www.avsforum.com/f/43/forum-operations-center

-Bill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #27034 of 27037 Old Yesterday, 11:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelp2005 View Post
I have the latest f/w and have played mp4 files with external subtitles via dlna.

Many thanks
post #27035 of 27037 Old Yesterday, 11:11 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
^ I suggest you email OPPO Tech Support (for your EU player, that would be the folks at OPPO UK) with the details.

Another poster reported that OPPO was working on a fix for subtitles going too quickly, but I don't know anything about that, nor whether it is related to the problem that you are seeing.

The fact that you can cure it by Erasing Persistent Storage suggests an authoring error on the discs themselves -- getting confused by stuff they have written to Persistent Storage.
--Bob
Thanks for the answer/Joe
post #27036 of 27037 Old Yesterday, 11:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelp2005 View Post

What DLNA server are you using (for external subs)? It has never worked for me using miniDLNA.

I can't FF mkv files any faster than 2x. Or jump to a chapter/time directly with the remote. If I try to do either, oppo hangs for a long time and then restarts the playback from beginning.

Can I download any of these mkv files that you can FF faster than 2x from anywhere? May be my mkv generating software (mkvtoolnix v6.2.0) is buggy. Or was this a bug in oppo and fixed in the latest firmware? I have the previous version (not sure of the exact number right now).

And this is the same on usb also, not just DLNA.
post #27037 of 27037 Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurav View Post
What DLNA server are you using (for external subs)? It has never worked for me using miniDLNA.

I can't FF mkv files any faster than 2x. Or jump to a chapter/time directly with the remote. If I try to do either, oppo hangs for a long time and then restarts the playback from beginning.

Can I download any of these mkv files that you can FF faster than 2x from anywhere? May be my mkv generating software (mkvtoolnix v6.2.0) is buggy. Or was this a bug in oppo and fixed in the latest firmware? I have the previous version (not sure of the exact number right now).

And this is the same on usb also, not just DLNA.
I have a Synology NAS, and I just use the default Media Server on it.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page