Official OPPO BDP-93 Owner's Thread - Page 919 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 98Likes

post #27541 of 27546 Old Yesterday, 04:42 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich86 View Post
I respectfully suggest that if you are running your player via HDMI for Video/Audio for blu-ray playback, there is little to no advantage to spending the considerable extra $$ for an Oppo when compared to a decent quality mainstream player.
I'll take my Sony BDP-S1000ES over the Oppo 93 based on my needs in my home theater system for 1/5 the price any day. And my Sony plays any and all seamless branching/dolby truehd titles bitstreamed to my Yamaha RX-V3900 just fine.
I'm sure that the Sony player you mention is fine until one wants to listen to a SACD or DVD-Audio disc, at which point you're out of luck. Point being that people have different requirements in what they want/need in a player and the extra cost of the Oppo is obviously worth it to many people. YMMV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27542 of 27546 Old Yesterday, 05:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post
Since you've got decent gear, might be interested in the MiniDSP DDRC-88A until the dust settles on object audio.

Are you connecting the analogue outs of the Oppo BDP-93 into the Arcam AV8?
I'm going to a dealer's open day next weekend to see/hear the DDRC88A, so that's likely my next purchase to put on the output terminals of the AV8. I don't see me buying an Atmos/DTS:X processor until at least next year as I'm remodeling my room then, so I won't be able to fit height speakers until then anyway.

I did connect the analogue outputs of the '93 to the AV8 but there is too much delay in the video chain (Lumagen 2041 and JVC X500) so the sound is out of sync. So now I'm just using the coax output of the '93 into the AV8 which then allows me to use the audio delay function in the AV8. I still think this sounds better than the 818 did using HD sound decoding, so it's no hardship to wait a while longer.

Zooming: Been there, done that, bought the lens...now using e-shift.

Last edited by Kelvin1965S; Yesterday at 05:49 AM.
post #27543 of 27546 Old Yesterday, 10:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
I'm sure that the Sony player you mention is fine until one wants to listen to a SACD or DVD-Audio disc, at which point you're out of luck. Point being that people have different requirements in what they want/need in a player and the extra cost of the Oppo is obviously worth it to many people. YMMV.
I agree with you 100%, which is why I qualified the post you responded to with "if you are running your player via HDMI for Video/Audio for blu-ray playback".

A long-time audio/video addict!
post #27544 of 27546 Old Yesterday, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
After perusing the forum on the BDP-93, i now see that from my iMac/macbook pro world, I will need to format the hard drive of no greater than 2TB to Fat32 and simply load my mkv files created by Bytecopy software and all will be well. What I don't see is if it is possible in this set up to daisy chain 2 or 3 of the 2TB drives with success. Also, is there anything else required for the OPPO BDP 93 to access the files?
post #27545 of 27546 Old Yesterday, 11:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogipro View Post
After perusing the forum on the BDP-93, i now see that from my iMac/macbook pro world, I will need to format the hard drive of no greater than 2TB to Fat32 and simply load my mkv files created by Bytecopy software and all will be well. What I don't see is if it is possible in this set up to daisy chain 2 or 3 of the 2TB drives with success. Also, is there anything else required for the OPPO BDP 93 to access the files?
Yes, the Oppo can see up to 8 drives simultaneously.

I have 8 x 2TB hard drives hooked up to my Oppo at any one time.

4 drives in a Mediasonic Probox and another 4 drives in a docking station (makes it easier to swap drives as I currently have 11 x 2TB drives with just movies).

Max

P.S. using a Windows setup, my drives are all formatted in NTFS
post #27546 of 27546 Old Today, 03:20 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thanks for the help, djbluemax1. Wow, 22TB ! Doubt I will get there, but those Blu-Rays do eat up the space.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page