3.5", or 2U without the feet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 11215 Old 01-31-2011, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Actually 3 7/16ths at the tallest part which is the faceplate and a 16th less at the chassis.

~Bob
post #33 of 11215 Old 01-31-2011, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by djwobbrock View Post

Is the Oppo 95 volume control for Analog signal still recommended at 80% or above for best results?

You can use it at any level you want. Volume controls are still done digitally, but there is no loss of resolution when running through the Sabre32 ES9018 (32-bit DAC mitigates this).

You should still want to control the volume at the device which is closer to the speakers than the source device. The reason for this that any time that the volume is decreased, the dynamic range is reduced as the noise floor remains the same. If you have no control over the volume downstream, then you will need to use the controls on the player.
post #34 of 11215 Old 01-31-2011, 07:51 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebop View Post

Haven't read the manual yet. Is the Oppo volume just for analog? I would think so. And I am also interested in the recommended setting.

~Bob

Volume is just for Analog. Only Mute applies to the digital audio outputs.

Use whatever setting you like. If you have external volume control for the analog, might as well start at 100 in the Oppo.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #35 of 11215 Old 01-31-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post

You can use it at any level you want. Volume controls are now done through the DAC and not the SoC, so it is an analog trim rather than a digital one.

So, can I assume then that the control is cut only and therefore will not affect the headroom? If so, 100 is fine and likely -10 or .775V. If it is active though, then 100% might cut the headroom in the circuit. Would be good to know.

~Bob

~Bob
post #36 of 11215 Old 01-31-2011, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 262
At 100% of volume is the gain set at 0 with the 95 both for 2Ch and M/C?

Ya my 95 is on its way, but there is going to be a big Blizzard here in Chicago so who knows when the 95 will show up at my door.
post #37 of 11215 Old 01-31-2011, 08:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styln View Post

Here are the discs I used for a not so critical listening test with the SE:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...6#post17773556

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post17758447

That said, all these disc are of excellent quality and I use each to highlight different areas in the system. BTW, the Getz/Gilberto SACD is the album I can't not listen to: the music just pours out of the speakers and I'm drawn in every time

Here are the links to CD and Stereo SACDs

I'd be especially interested in hearing comments playing:
1. "Jeff Beck, Live At Ronnie Scott's"- pristine and explosive playing by Vinnie Colaiuta drummer supreme, and young bassist Tal Wilkenfeld, all projected very nice in this BD

2. Yellow Jackets, "Time Squared"- great material on this SACD
post #38 of 11215 Old 01-31-2011, 09:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastD View Post

I'd be especially interested in hearing comments playing:
1. "Jeff Beck, Live At Ronnie Scott's"- pristine and explosive playing by Vinnie Colaiuta drummer supreme, and young bassist Tal Wilkenfeld, all projected very nice in this BD
2. Yellow Jackets, "Time Squared"- great material on this SACD

Another "good" comparison disc would be the Return to Forever concert BD from Montreux-2008. I find that this is my new "reference disc" for showing off what my system is capable of in a concert type setting.

He (or she) who dies with the most HT gear doesn't win anything. They're DEAD!
post #39 of 11215 Old 01-31-2011, 10:00 PM

Welcomed email from Oppo today: FedEx scheduled for delivery on Tuesday. Storm watch forecast for Tuesday. Wishing my BDP-95 arrives first.

I will want to compare my 95 with my 83SE (upgrade by Oppo) before shipping the 83SE back to Oppo for repairs to the tray mechanism (?) which coincidentally after the last beta FW upgrade in August 2010 faltered, now balks and won't open for several attempts on first power-up of the day. Persistence works eventually to get it to open to receive a disc and after that the mechanism functions "consistently" until power-off.

Several months ago I resurrected my KEF 107s (with Kube) circa 1986, unpacked my Nakamichi PA-5 and CA-7, and started listening to 2ch CD/SACD (foregoing the Mch layer which I listen to using 7.1 Atlantic Technology 450THX system (including their subwoofer 325W) using a Yamaha AV DSP A1 (no HDMI) 110W. Set speakers using Cardas's formula for speaker placement. As my listening room is 22X13X8.4, the "sweet spot" is a nearfield listening position 74" equilaterally from each speaker (separated the same distance as well as from the front wall). Leaving out the other tweaks (cabling, etc.) for obvious reasons.

All things considered YMMV. For me, with what I have available at the moment, 2ch with 83SE has never been better with this configuration. 2ch is (was) preferred though I enjoy m.ch recordings (what's not to like?).

Storm? Hmm! Storm! Stay home! Set up BDP-95! Listen to 95 and compare with 83SE.

Best,
Richard
post #40 of 11215 Old 01-31-2011, 10:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by REShaman View Post

Welcomed email from Oppo today: FedEx scheduled for delivery on Tuesday. Storm watch forecast for Tuesday. Wishing my BDP-95 arrives first.

I will want to compare my 95 with my 83SE (upgrade by Oppo) before shipping the 83SE back to Oppo for repairs to the tray mechanism (?) which coincidentally after the last beta FW upgrade in August 2010 faltered, now balks and won't open for several attempts on first power-up of the day. Persistence works eventually to get it to open to receive a disc and after that the mechanism functions "consistently" until power-off.

Several months ago I resurrected my KEF 107s (with Kube) circa 1986, unpacked my Nakamichi PA-5 and CA-7, and started listening to 2ch CD/SACD (foregoing the Mch layer which I listen to using 7.1 Atlantic Technology 450THX system (including their subwoofer 325W) using a Yamaha AV DSP A1 (no HDMI) 110W. Set speakers using Cardas's formula for speaker placement. As my listening room is 22X13X8.4, the "sweet spot" is a nearfield listening position 74" equilaterally from each speaker (separated the same distance as well as from the front wall). Leaving out the other tweaks (cabling, etc.) for obvious reasons.

All things considered YMMV. For me, with what I have available at the moment, 2ch with 83SE has never been better with this configuration. 2ch is (was) preferred though I enjoy m.ch recordings (what's not to like?).

Storm? Hmm! Storm! Stay home! Set up BDP-95! Listen to 95 and compare with 83SE.

Best,
Richard

A very nice setup, Richard. I had a pair of KEF 104/2s for many, many years - wish I still had 'em says it all

Weren't you looking at the Parasound P7? Is that part of your MCH layer?

Styln
post #41 of 11215 Old 01-31-2011, 10:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqdog View Post

Another "good" comparison disc would be the Return to Forever concert BD from Montreux-2008. I find that this is my new "reference disc" for showing off what my system is capable of in a concert type setting.

yes, most definitely:
Return To Forever, "Returns, Live At Montreux 2008"- beautifully recorded BD
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...65&style=movie
post #42 of 11215 Old 01-31-2011, 10:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Welcomed email from Oppo today: FedEx scheduled for delivery on Tuesday. Storm watch forecast for Tuesday. Wishing my BDP-95 arrives first. Hmm! Storm! Stay home! Set up BDP-95! Listen to 95 and compare with 83SE?

yeah, hope storm does'nt hit you guys too hard. I was just watching news, they're saying possibly biggest storm/blizzard of the year Hope you will have toy's to play with while being shut-in.

Quote:

I will want to compare my 95 with my 83SE (upgrade by Oppo) before shipping the 83SE back to Oppo for repairs to the tray mechanism (?) which coincidentally after the last beta FW upgrade in August 2010 faltered, now balks and won't open for several attempts on first power-up of the day. Persistence works eventually to get it to open to receive a disc and after that the mechanism functions "consistently" until power-off

approx how long of period, or how much usage did you get out of the BDP-83SE before tray issues/failures?
post #43 of 11215 Old 01-31-2011, 11:16 PM

Location: Derby City, USA- a blue oasis in a sea of red-state insanity...
Liked: 15
So will bluraychip.dk be doing a region-free mod kit for the 95, and will the installation be more complicated than for the 93?
post #44 of 11215 Old 02-01-2011, 01:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastD View Post

yes, most definitely:
Return To Forever, "Returns, Live At Montreux 2008"- beautifully recorded BD
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...65&style=movie

Yeah, audiowise, the Ronnie Scott's gig was my previous #1. Here's a portion of my my "Returns" review posted on bluray.com. As I stated, this disc is of reference quality and should be in everyone's collection who has purchased or is even considering the BDP-95. (hooked audiophiles )

A Sonic Tour de Force!
WOW!!! What a treat. This blu-ray is an outstanding example of what a lossless format can do for you system. The mix is superb (edit; after the first "over modulated", somewhat "muddy" track).

The audio; This disc is simply the BEST example of what an excellent mix transferred to blu-ray can do for a decent sound system. Lot's of dynamics and your subwoofer will definitely get a workout. On the beginning of track 5 when Chick is doing percussion sounds on the keys, my HSU 12 inch sub was producing LOT'S of bass in the 15 to 20 hz range and it sounded great.

Overall; This disc is a must have for anyone who appreciates "talent" and for anyone else who just wants to experience what great sounding lossless can do for a system. Highly recommended!

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Return...3/#UserReviews

He (or she) who dies with the most HT gear doesn't win anything. They're DEAD!
post #45 of 11215 Old 02-01-2011, 02:16 AM

Can anyone who's got their BDP-95 please post a detailed picture of its analog board and tell how much space there is beneath it to accomodate for larger components? (Yes, I'm talking about mods).
post #46 of 11215 Old 02-01-2011, 03:05 AM

Liked: 14
Please, post some real life pictures of this beauty !
post #47 of 11215 Old 02-01-2011, 03:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Unless things are changing for the BD-95Nuforce Edition, the BD-83SE Nuforce Edition has the region-free chip included in there mods, but PM Jason at Nuforce to be sure.
post #48 of 11215 Old 02-01-2011, 07:13 AM
Read the FAQ!

Two audio tips for folks using Analog

As is the case in the 93, reducing the Optical/Coax LPCM rate limit in Setup for the 95 below the default 192KHz can produce lesser quality on the Analog outputs in some cases.

So leave that Optical/Coax LPCM Rate Limit setting at the default 192KHz unless you HAVE TO lower it because of limitations in audio gear you are cabling to via Optical or Coax.

----------------------------------

In the 93 and 95, unlike with the 83, setting Secondary Audio ON (for Blu-ray playback of Secondary Audio features -- typically Picture in Picture features or menu sound effects), still results in the full quality primary audio track being decoded. That is, you can use Secondary Audio ON without worrying about the player switching to the lossy, "compatibility" track for the primary audio instead.

(For HDMI LPCM output, Secondary Audio is mixed into the decoded primary audio and the full quality result is output -- up to 7.1 192KHz according to the characteristics of the primary track selected. The rate and channel mix of the primary track are preserved. For HDMI Bitstream output the same thing happens, but the resulting, mixed LPCM is then re-encoded into high bit rate (1.536Mbps), lossy DTS 5.1 for output. You get DTS 5.1 even if the primary track was 7.1 (rears down mixed into sides), or 2.0 (surround channels present but silent).)
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #49 of 11215 Old 02-01-2011, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ev666il View Post
Can anyone who's got their BDP-95 please post a detailed picture of its analog board and tell how much space there is beneath it to accomodate for larger components? (Yes, I'm talking about mods).
there are some decent images courtesy of LA Audio File's web-site:
http://www.laaudiofile.com/oppo_bdp95.html
not sure how well you can see underneath the analog audio board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michdys View Post
Please, post some real life pictures of this beauty

LL
LL
LL
post #50 of 11215 Old 02-01-2011, 09:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
A very nice setup, Richard. I had a pair of KEF 104/2s for many, many years - wish I still had 'em says it all

Styln
I've had a pair of 104/2s since 1986, still my primary speakers.

Been thinking of changing them.....not a smart move?

Might upgrade my gear instead, which is why I'm following this thread so closely.

An Oppo 95, along with new amplification, may be the route to go.
post #51 of 11215 Old 02-01-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:

Styln

Thank you! Yes, your memory serves you well. Have not purchased any equipment yet, beyond a KEF T305 Series so I can clear floor space for music listening and use the walls for video watching.

Truth be told, I am more confused about what to buy than ever. So I am waiting for clarity and enjoying the wait/weight in the mean-time.
Hope you're enjoying your AR Preamp. (Did I get that right?)
Best,
Richard
post #52 of 11215 Old 02-01-2011, 10:44 AM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 300
Mine shipped yesterday
post #53 of 11215 Old 02-01-2011, 11:07 AM
DAB
AVS Special Member

As the rants and raves of the 95 start flowing in from those who have it. There are still many, asking with my gear will there be a noticeable difference & is it worth the extra$$, for those who have vintage/legacy gear and those who have the state of the art $20,000 and above systems.
I played with a friend's system yesterday. He has vintage/legacy gear + some modern gear. All 2ch. RCA analogues, SAE pre-amp (yes-1967)> Oppo83>Emotiva upa-2>ESS tower speakers (yes-1967). The 83 plays quite nicely in this system.

Played the 83>Then we just plugged& played the 95 via RCA 2ch.>then back to the 83. Not a true A/B comparison, because we didn't listen blind. We just chose a ½ tracks that we would listen to over the various Discs.

1. Played Mahler Symphony #8[SACD], #4 Opera section, On the 83 the choirs and individual singers sounded nicely integrated and you could hear the two/three different choirs singing together and differentiate the different groups. However, you had to listen to hear them. Also, the sound seems to come at you.
With the 95, you could easily differentiate the different groups. Voices and instruments were more intergraded and distinctive at the same time. Also, the music was more anchored between the speakers.

2. Volodos plays LISZT [SACD]- In one of the tracks Volodos hits a very high piano note- all most at an ear splitting level, it would wake up anyone sleeping in the audience . When playing the 83 {as well as the 83SE,in my home system}> a little too bright. The 95 handle this note with the same intensity but not ear splitting. Also, the sound was more anchored between the speakers with the low-end reverberation staying within the piece more fully. Much better low-end sound.
3. Vienna Teng-DTTN- CD, female voice. Know the CD well/& heard live. Once again the sound stage is focused and more accurate sounding individual instruments.

*hope this week to hear a friends $20,000 system.
Hopes this helps.
db
Beta Tester #9
post #54 of 11215 Old 02-01-2011, 11:12 AM

Liked: 13
wow. so it looks if you want to mod it to be region free your gonna have to take the board out. The guys at the mod place said the 93 region mod should work with the 95
post #55 of 11215 Old 02-01-2011, 11:20 AM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB View Post

As the rants and raves of the 95 start flowing in from those who have it. There are still many, asking with my gear will there be a noticeable difference & is it worth the extra$$, for those who have vintage/legacy gear and those who have the state of the art $20,000 and above systems. Beta Tester #9

Good point with 800 Diamond and 802D and Classé gear I think it should shine
post #56 of 11215 Old 02-01-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

As is the case in the 93, reducing the Optical/Coax LPCM rate limit in Setup for the 95 below the default 192KHz can produce lesser quality on the Analog outputs in some cases.

So leave that Optical/Coax LPCM Rate Limit setting at the default 192KHz unless you HAVE TO lower it because of limitations in audio gear you are cabling to via Optical or Coax.

Hi Bob,

I didn't realize that the quality of the Analog output is affected by the maximum LPCM rate. For SACDs I'll be sending analog output into my Lexicon MC-12 (non HD version). Unfortunately, the Lexicon handles only 96KHz LPCM max.

Is this a case in which the Analog output would be of "lesser quality?" Do you think it would be worthwhile to use macros that temporarily switch the OPPO setup to 192KHz when playing SACDs, then back to 96KHz for LPCM sources? If I forgot to set it back to 96KHz, might something awful happen??

Thanks.
--Jim
post #57 of 11215 Old 02-01-2011, 11:37 AM

Kudos to FedEx for being out in this on-again off-again storm in NYS.

Unpacked and waiting for the 95 to warm up. Heavier than the 83SE. Understated in appearance. This time the 95 arrived inside the black bag (slightly awkward to remove from the bag) and with the usual excellent packaging. No marks on the outer shipping box.

Noticed a wireless adapter dongle included along with an extension (6 feet) device to attach the dongle if so desired. I choose the same set up used with the 83SE, i.e., small but capable Apple Express (bridge) connected to the 95 with ethernet CAT 5, though the wireless should be sufficient.

The layout array for m.ch RCA outputs is better in my opinion than the layout on the 83SE as they are spaced out linearly along the top of the back side of the 95 instead of bunched up on the left side of the 83SE.

If not useful to reader, please skip to the next paragraph.With my present equipment, will not use XLR for 2ch analog outputs. ordered XLR caps to cover the outputs for the time. (For the following, please indulge me as it is merely for information only): Connecting AudioQuest Columbia RCA interconnects from the 95 2ch outputs to the Nakamichi CA-7 and to the PA-5. For the present, Blue Jean Belden 10 gauge speaker cable to the KEF 107s. AudioQuest C8s to the LFC of Atlantic Technology 450 THX. Monster 12 gauge flat to SLR & BSLR. The CA-7 is connected via Pangea 14SE power cord to PS Audio Power Plant Premier which is connected to one of the Soloist Premier Special Edition power outlets via Pangea 9. The PA-5 with Pangea 9 straight to the other Soloist Premier Special Edition power outlet. Power cords: Pangea 14SE from 95 to PS Audio Power Plant Premier and AudioQuest HDMI from HDMI 1 on 95 straight to Sony KDL52XBR5. Blue Jean Toslink and Coax from 95 to Yamaha AV DSP-A1 and AudioQuest Black Mamba II RCA interconnects for m.ch outputs (5.1) to Yamaha AV DSP A1. Presently have no interest in 3D or able to use HDMI 2 for anything (yet). No objection to 3D.

After a warm-up from outside temperatures and set-up, I'll start playing my collection of CDs/SACDs/DVD-A and Blu-ray audio/video on both 83SE and 95 and share my experience. Won't be able to match all cable interconnects on 95 with the 83SE, but what I use will be quality cabling (debatable as that might be for some).

In case I haven't expressed this: I am happy to start the introductions to the 95's performance.

I know it's a long post.

Best,
Richard
post #58 of 11215 Old 02-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post

Hi Bob,

I didn't realize that the quality of the Analog output is affected by the maximum LPCM rate. For SACDs I'll be sending analog output into my Lexicon MC-12 (non HD version). Unfortunately, the Lexicon handles only 96KHz LPCM max.

Is this a case in which the Analog output would be of "lesser quality?" Do you think it would be worthwhile to use macros that temporarily switch the OPPO setup to 192KHz when playing SACDs, then back to 96KHz for LPCM sources? If I forgot to set it back to 96KHz, might something awful happen??

Thanks.
--Jim

I don't have any details on what types of content might be affected.

But why not just use the analog outs for everything in your setup? Then you can leave that setting at 192KHz.

Among other things, if you use the Optical or Coax digital outs you will only be hearing the lossy "compatibility" track from Blu-ray discs. The high bit rate tracks can't be played over Optical or Coax. But the analog outputs will play the decode from the high bit rate tracks of everything.
--Bob

post #59 of 11215 Old 02-01-2011, 12:22 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rang View Post

I've had a pair of 104/2s since 1986, still my primary speakers.

Been thinking of changing them.....not a smart move?

Might upgrade my gear instead, which is why I'm following this thread so closely.

An Oppo 95, along with new amplification, may be the route to go.

Hi, I'm so happy to read your messages: I have since about 10 years my father's Kef 104.2 and have since then bought 2 second hand pairs (one of which is the Raymond Cooke biwire edition which I run as fronts now). As center I use a Kef Reference 200C. I am extremely happy with their sound quality and I believe one would have to spend many thousands of $$$ to buy a surround speaker setup that equals this KEF setup.

I'm planning to buy the Oppo 95 (EU, whenever it will be released...) and use the 7.1 outs to my Sherwood P+A965 for multichannel, and the stereo outs to my vintage Luxman pre and power amp.
I think my setup "deserves" a 95 over a 93

Like some other users, the 95 will replace a Denon 3910, which I like a lot audiowise, so I hope the 95 will be an "upgrade" !

PS on a side note, I never tried the "Kube" for my Kefs, is it worth it ?
post #60 of 11215 Old 02-01-2011, 12:22 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:

Kudos to FedEx for being out in this on-again off-again storm in NYS.

Unpacked and waiting for the 95 to warm up. Heavier than the 83SE. Understated in appearance. This time the 95 arrived inside the black bag (slightly awkward to remove from the bag) and with the usual excellent packaging. No marks on the outer shipping box.

Noticed a wireless adapter dongle included along with an extension (6 feet) device to attach the dongle if so desired. I choose the same set up used with the 83SE, i.e., small but capable Apple Express (bridge) connected to the 95 with ethernet CAT 5, though the wireless should be sufficient.

The layout array for m.ch RCA outputs is better in my opinion than the layout on the 83SE as they are spaced out linearly along the top of the back side of the 95 instead of bunched up on the left side of the 83SE.

If not useful to reader, please skip to the next paragraph.With my present equipment, will not use XLR for 2ch analog outputs. ordered XLR caps to cover the outputs for the time. (For the following, please indulge me as it is merely for information only): Connecting AudioQuest Columbia RCA interconnects from the 95 2ch outputs to the Nakamichi CA-7 and to the PA-5. For the present, Blue Jean Belden 10 gauge speaker cable to the KEF 107s. AudioQuest C8s to the LFC of Atlantic Technology 450 THX. Monster 12 gauge flat to SLR & BSLR. The CA-7 is connected via Pangea 14SE power cord to PS Audio Power Plant Premier which is connected to one of the Soloist Premier Special Edition power outlets via Pangea 9. The PA-5 with Pangea 9 straight to the other Soloist Premier Special Edition power outlet. Power cords: Pangea 14SE from 95 to PS Audio Power Plant Premier and AudioQuest HDMI from HDMI 1 on 95 straight to Sony KDL52XBR5. Blue Jean Toslink and Coax from 95 to Yamaha AV DSP-A1 and AudioQuest Black Mamba II RCA interconnects for m.ch outputs (5.1) to Yamaha AV DSP A1. Presently have no interest in 3D or able to use HDMI 2 for anything (yet). No objection to 3D.

After a warm-up from outside temperatures and set-up, I'll start playing my collection of CDs/SACDs/DVD-A and Blu-ray audio/video on both 83SE and 95 and share my experience. Won't be able to match all cable interconnects on 95 with the 83SE, but what I use will be quality cabling (debatable as that might be for some).

In case I haven't expressed this: I am happy to start the introductions to the 95's performance.

I know it's a long post.

Best,
Richard

Good stuff! And BTW, I used to scoff at cable quality (within reason) in the past but since my brother finally splurged for good cables (silver staggers, not pointless, overpriced monsters) I've seen the light. His silvers are more open and detailed but slightly less warm. The difference is surprising. Though not on par with a good amp upgrade or such it is a significant part of the system.

Oppo BDP-95
Bryston 3B-ST 2ch on mains
Lexicon 512 5ch
PSB Stratus Gold mains
PSB C6i center
Rythmik FV15HP
Paradigm ADP-370 surrounds
cheap energy rear speakers
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 95 Blu Ray Disc Player , Blu Ray Players , Oppo

User Tag List