Official OPPO BDP-95 Owner's Thread - Page 22 - AVS Forum
First ... 20  21  22 23  24  ... Last
Blu-ray Players > Official OPPO BDP-95 Owner's Thread
dart383's Avatar dart383 11:10 PM 02-09-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa_M View Post

A few months ago I received the Marantz AV7005 and found out that the mch. was better than the OPPO 83SE (which was better than my older Denon). Now, the OPPO 95 mch. is better than the Marantz.
As far as a direct comparison, you're the only one who can really do that.
The amount of improvement is dependant on your system. (A system is only as good as its' weakest link.)
Maybe when OPPO was in the early stage of designing the 83SE, the ESS 9018 was not available in sufficient in quantity or at the right price point!??! Maybe they were thinking ahead. If they had done that they wouldn't be selling us any 95's.
In the last year other companies have been modifying, upgrading, copying, the OPPO 83SE (which was also restricted by the original design of the 83). Now, OPPO is copying them! For example, a torodial analog power supply.
I gave my 83SE to my son who is going to be happy with it because his system is not as revealing. In conclusion, OPPO has a 30-day return policy with no re-stocking fee (unlike Wyred4Sound at 15%) so it's not that hard to do your own comparison, in your own system.
P.S. Before, I could see musical instruments being played in the background and hardly hear them, but now with the 95, I don't have to strain to hear them. I'm really enjoying the new sound. There's no more need for me to do any comparisons. I just want to enjoy the music!

Thanks for the info. Keep it coming!!

wuwhere's Avatar wuwhere 11:18 PM 02-09-2011
^ The wording on Oppo's purchase page hasn't changed: "Expected ship date: March 4 through March 10."
--Bob

Cool, thanks.
Styln's Avatar Styln 11:59 PM 02-09-2011
First, many thanks to Don for lending me his 95. Turned out to be a good match-up as he was running it directly into his Krell sans pre-amp via balanced cables. Needless to say, adding a good pre-amp made all the difference in the world to his kick'n system

As he says, the 95 sounded much better than the 83SE. So much so that we were surprised: 2 or 3 seconds was all it took to tell which was which. Know that there was really no rigor in this test. It was late at night, we matched levels by ear, and just dove right in for comparisons. We each had a copy of the Brothers in Arms SACD, so that's what we played. Round 1: 95 by a knock out.

Got the SE and 95 home and hooked them both up using the dedicated stereo outs and the same cables. First thing I did was align the settings. I noted these differences:

95: DSD SACD decode vs SE PCM
95: Stereo default vs SE MCH
95: Dynamic Range Compression on vs SE off
95: HDMI on vs SE off

These are significant differences, and could very well account for the large performance delta. When I return the player to Don, we'll replay these discs with similar settings and see, er report what we hear

I set the 95 to match the SE settings (I just use a composite video cable for menu settings) and level set with a trusty RS meter and Stereophile test tone cd. Don't have duplicate SACDs, and didn't think to take both copies of the Dire Straights album - Duh! It's late so I go for my standard which is the Stereophile Rendezvous disc by Jerome Harris Quintent. But I still only have one copy - the other is an EAC FLAC version I ripped a couple of years ago. I'd done a critical listening comparison between this streamed FLAC album and the CD and could not hear a difference, so we're be good to go. As 11 PM is approaching, I reconfigure Asset UPnP to NOT convert FLACs to LPCM, enable wired ethernet, and first time every time, my beloved TeraNAS is serving up Rendezvous. I put the original disc in the SE, go and go, count to five, hit previous track (resync) and now I can do fast A/B comparisons.

NOW what do I hear? I hear two excellent renditions. I A/B'd my ass off and could only hear a very minor difference and sometimes none. I'd say the bass was slightly more taunt and dynamics slightly more pronounced on the 95. The mids sounded the same to me. I listened to that Mooche trombone solo and it sounded incredible on both players - a tie.

It was a completely different experience than at Don's where the bass, for one, was significantly more present with the 95 and the sound-stage changed dramatically. So round 2: 95 by a nose.

Tonight, I cranked up the Nero factory and made copies of:

Eva Cassidy: Live At Blues Alley
Jerome Harris Quintet: Rendezvous
Santana: SuperNatural
Nel Young: Harvest (HDCD)
Steely Dan: Aja

Tomorrow night, I'll burn a couple of 24 bit MLP DVD-As and do the comparisons... work and family permitting. My plan is to do some listening sessions and take notes. But I'm not going to publish them, until after returning the 95. I will print them out and bring them with me to Don's. Then we'll listen together and see if he hears the same things or something entirely different. Should be a blast no matter what the outcome

Again, my thanks to Don for the loaner and his hospitality. And, if you ever need speaker cables as big as fire hoses, you know who to contact

Styln
WestCoastD's Avatar WestCoastD 01:21 AM 02-10-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post

Hopefully the Denon 2012UD is not canceled like the 2011UD.

interesting, not listed on Denon's site yet, only Euro press-release (700 pounds = x dollars ?)

(quote):
"Denon has revealed the details of its latest "mid-range" Blu-ray player - the DBP-2012UD. Now, as this is Denon, don't expect its definition of mid-range to be the same as yours - at £750 it probably costs a bit more than you'd expect a mid-range machine.

But, as it's Denon - you know that your money is buying a high-end product from a trusted AV brand.

The 2012UD uses the same structural and electrical design as the higher priced DBP-4010UD and DVD-A1UD models and offers "outstanding sound and picture quality plus maximum connectivity".

It has DLNA compatibility on board, USB ports for input (including MP3, WMA and DivX) and can playback DVDs and CDs, as well as 3D Blu-rays.

The model has separate audio and video circuits, "to achieve superior audio and video quality", and has Anchor Bay Technologies VRS on board, a high-bit video processor that plays Blu-rays "to perfection". It also upscales DVDs.

Audio options include a 7.1-channel analogue output with full decoding of Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio and a dedicated two channel analogue audio output, equipped with high-bit D/A converters (32bit/192kHz) for music playback.

Priced at £749.99, the Denon DBP-2012UD will be available, in black or silver, from March"
LL
WestCoastD's Avatar WestCoastD 01:29 AM 02-10-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by moglia View Post

OK from my actual experience with high end players and a fair chunk of my 1200+ CD's:

~ 85% of all 1993-present remastered CD's will sound bad.

~ 45% of all pre 1992 non remastered CD's will sound bad - surprisingly the hit/miss ratio on the older CD's is less even though the D/A's were inferior. I've been told it's the mastering or lack thereof???

~ 30% of all audiophile label CD's [MFSL/DCC/Audio Fidelity] will sound bad. Number will be lower if Audio Fidelity is removed.

~ 02% of all RCA/BMG Living Stereo CD's will sound bad. I just wish they did Jazz and Rock CD's this way. They show true capability of the format.

~ 90% of those reading this will disagree

so what remains after we filter out all these titles?
yuppi's Avatar yuppi 01:37 AM 02-10-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastD View Post

interesting, not listed on Denon's site yet, only Euro press-release (700 pounds = x dollars ?)

(quote):
"Denon has revealed the details of its latest "mid-range" Blu-ray player - the DBP-2012UD. Now, as this is Denon, don't expect its definition of mid-range to be the same as yours - at £750 it probably costs a bit more than you'd expect a mid-range machine.

But, as it's Denon - you know that your money is buying a high-end product from a trusted AV brand.

The 2012UD uses the same structural and electrical design as the higher priced DBP-4010UD and DVD-A1UD models and offers "outstanding sound and picture quality plus maximum connectivity".

It has DLNA compatibility on board, USB ports for input (including MP3, WMA and DivX) and can playback DVDs and CDs, as well as 3D Blu-rays.

The model has separate audio and video circuits, "to achieve superior audio and video quality", and has Anchor Bay Technologies VRS on board, a high-bit video processor that plays Blu-rays "to perfection". It also upscales DVDs.

Audio options include a 7.1-channel analogue output with full decoding of Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio and a dedicated two channel analogue audio output, equipped with high-bit D/A converters (32bit/192kHz) for music playback.

Priced at £749.99, the Denon DBP-2012UD will be available, in black or silver, from March"

Please note that DBP-2012UD is same as Marantz UD-7006 with different enclosure.
JazzGuyy's Avatar JazzGuyy 01:55 AM 02-10-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by moglia View Post

I agree with Bob. Here are some totally SWAG numbers pulled from my posterior - OK from my actual experience with high end players and a fair chunk of my 1200+ CD's:

~ 85% of all 1993-present remastered CD's will sound bad.

~ 45% of all pre 1992 non remastered CD's will sound bad - surprisingly the hit/miss ratio on the older CD's is less even though the D/A's were inferior. I've been told it's the mastering or lack thereof???

~ 30% of all audiophile label CD's [MFSL/DCC/Audio Fidelity] will sound bad. Number will be lower if Audio Fidelity is removed.

~ 02% of all RCA/BMG Living Stereo CD's will sound bad. I just wish they did Jazz and Rock CD's this way. They show true capability of the format.

~ 90% of those reading this will disagree

This made me immediately think of Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is crap.
WestCoastD's Avatar WestCoastD 02:00 AM 02-10-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuppi View Post

Please note that DBP-2012UD is same as Marantz UD-7006 with different enclosure.

I'm not sure it's 100% equal in design though. While Denon and Marantz share architecture platform they implement varying functions (ie. Denon uses AL32 processing, etc.,...). Are the UD7006's available yet (looks like a great player)? Has anyone had a chance to compare to BDP-95?

(okay, looks like Crutchfield shows March 04, 2011 pre-order delivery date)
yuppi's Avatar yuppi 02:47 AM 02-10-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastD View Post

I'm not sure it's 100% equal in design though. While Denon and Marantz share architecture platform they implement varying functions (ie. Denon uses AL32 processing, etc.,...). Are the UD7006's available yet (looks like a great player)? Has anyone had a chance to compare to BDP-95?

(okay, looks like Crutchfield shows March 04, 2011 pre-order delivery date)

They are no difference....

DENON:
No AL32 processing, No D-Link

Marantz:
No HDAM

Also, both using same Video Processor, same DAC...etc
wappinghigh's Avatar wappinghigh 03:17 AM 02-10-2011
Hi Guy's

I've noticed they have put a fan into the 95, which isn't in the 93. I hate it when fans are put into AV gear that are supposed to be primarily designed for hifi listening. There is absolutely no point in upgrading oamps, power supplies, changing from 24->32 dacs, or adding balanced XLR, dropping jitter etc etc if all you can hear is fan noise...

So my question.

How loud is it?
Is it on all the time?
And can it be disabled in the menu somehow

Thanks
markrubin's Avatar markrubin 03:38 AM 02-10-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

The end result of having both IR ports active is that the player will reject ALL IR commands. Been there, done that. It has to be one or the other. The BDP-83 can have both ports on at once, and the problems created by that were the impetus for this change in the BDP-93/95.

I have seen some manufacturers automatically reduce the sensitivity of the front panel IR eye when the rear IR in port is connected: I think the Lexicon MC-12 series processors did this:

nice touch since it still allows you to use the IR remote up close
tomcrown1's Avatar tomcrown1 03:54 AM 02-10-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wappinghigh View Post

Hi Guy's

I've noticed they have put a fan into the 95, which isn't in the 93. I hate it when fans are put into AV gear that are supposed to be primarily designed for hifi listening. There is absolutely no point in upgrading oamps, power supplies, changing from 24->32 dacs, or adding balanced XLR, dropping jitter etc etc if all you can hear is fan noise...

So my question.

How loud is it?
Is it on all the time?
And can it be disabled in the menu somehow

Thanks

I have not noticed the fan on my 95. By notice I mean I never heard the fan turn on if it ever does.
petetherock's Avatar petetherock 04:27 AM 02-10-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzGuyy View Post

This made me immediately think of Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is crap.

This is cute...
We are trying to think of ways to explain why the 95 does not sound as "spectacular " as we want by blaming bad CDs ??
So if the same cd sounds good on other players but not on the 95 it's the cd's fault ?

Interesting ...
wmcclain's Avatar wmcclain 05:14 AM 02-10-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wappinghigh View Post

How loud is it?

It's been reported previously in the thread that the fan is quiet.

Quote:


Is it on all the time?
And can it be disabled in the menu somehow

No and No.

-Bill
jfz's Avatar jfz 05:58 AM 02-10-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieraze View Post

I have been enjoying my OPPO BDP 95 since Friday Feb. 5th. My Martin Logan Quest speakers have never reproduced music that sounds this good until I connected up the OPPO.
When I listen to my CD and SACD collection eveything sounds new. This player in my opinon is worth every penny.


Thanks...unfortunately, this information is not very helpful without knowing what sources you have used prior to the 95.
jfz's Avatar jfz 06:04 AM 02-10-2011
Thanks for your report, Styln (and your careful execution of the comparison!). I'll look forward to reading about your experience at Don's the second time.
dart383's Avatar dart383 08:02 AM 02-10-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styln View Post

First, many thanks to Don for lending me his 95. Turned out to be a good match-up as he was running it directly into his Krell sans pre-amp via balanced cables. Needless to say, adding a good pre-amp made all the difference in the world to his kick'n system

As he says, the 95 sounded much better than the 83SE. So much so that we were surprised: 2 or 3 seconds was all it took to tell which was which. Know that there was really no rigor in this test. It was late at night, we matched levels by ear, and just dove right in for comparisons. We each had a copy of the Brothers in Arms SACD, so that's what we played. Round 1: 95 by a knock out.

Got the SE and 95 home and hooked them both up using the dedicated stereo outs and the same cables. First thing I did was align the settings. I noted these differences:

95: DSD SACD decode vs SE PCM
95: Stereo default vs SE MCH
95: Dynamic Range Compression on vs SE off
95: HDMI on vs SE off

These are significant differences, and could very well account for the large performance delta. When I return the player to Don, we'll replay these discs with similar settings and see, er report what we hear

I set the 95 to match the SE settings (I just use a composite video cable for menu settings) and level set with a trusty RS meter and Stereophile test tone cd. Don't have duplicate SACDs, and didn't think to take both copies of the Dire Straights album - Duh! It's late so I go for my standard which is the Stereophile Rendezvous disc by Jerome Harris Quintent. But I still only have one copy - the other is an EAC FLAC version I ripped a couple of years ago. I'd done a critical listening comparison between this streamed FLAC album and the CD and could not hear a difference, so we're be good to go. As 11 PM is approaching, I reconfigure Asset UPnP to NOT convert FLACs to LPCM, enable wired ethernet, and first time every time, my beloved TeraNAS is serving up Rendezvous. I put the original disc in the SE, go and go, count to five, hit previous track (resync) and now I can do fast A/B comparisons.

NOW what do I hear? I hear two excellent renditions. I A/B'd my ass off and could only hear a very minor difference and sometimes none. I'd say the bass was slightly more taunt and dynamics slightly more pronounced on the 95. The mids sounded the same to me. I listened to that Mooche trombone solo and it sounded incredible on both players - a tie.

It was a completely different experience than at Don's where the bass, for one, was significantly more present with the 95 and the sound-stage changed dramatically. So round 2: 95 by a nose.

Tonight, I cranked up the Nero factory and made copies of:

Eva Cassidy: Live At Blues Alley
Jerome Harris Quintet: Rendezvous
Santana: SuperNatural
Nel Young: Harvest (HDCD)
Steely Dan: Aja

Tomorrow night, I'll burn a couple of 24 bit MLP DVD-As and do the comparisons... work and family permitting. My plan is to do some listening sessions and take notes. But I'm not going to publish them, until after returning the 95. I will print them out and bring them with me to Don's. Then we'll listen together and see if he hears the same things or something entirely different. Should be a blast no matter what the outcome

Again, my thanks to Don for the loaner and his hospitality. And, if you ever need speaker cables as big as fire hoses, you know who to contact

Styln

Styln,
Could you Please do some Multi-Chanel comparisons for those of us that primarily use that configuration??? I'm certain that your gear is much better then mine, but a/b comparison on the same gear with same settings will answer questions for many of us that are on the fence about upgrading to the 95 from the 83SE.

So far the impression I get from your review is that the 95 vs 83SE 2CH. is very close (VIRTUAL TIE). That makes sense because of the DAC similarities
of the 2CH.
The MCH. DACS are very different as I'm sure you know. So a solid review of that format is desired by many. Some folks chime in with (95 is better in every aspect) with no details of how and what was used to do the test.

Also if you could do a/b tests on the video as well this to would be appreciated. Again some people chime in saying the 95 is better with no explanation.

Thank you for taking the time to set things up!!
I look forward to reading more of your testing results.

Regards,
John
djwobbrock's Avatar djwobbrock 08:40 AM 02-10-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastD View Post
I'm not sure it's 100% equal in design though. While Denon and Marantz share architecture platform they implement varying functions (ie. Denon uses AL32 processing, etc.,...). Are the UD7006's available yet (looks like a great player)? Has anyone had a chance to compare to BDP-95?

(okay, looks like Crutchfield shows March 04, 2011 pre-order delivery date)
3 year warranty on the Marantz!
z06gal's Avatar z06gal 08:58 AM 02-10-2011
Well, I did not know there was a fan in it and wouldn't from listening to it. Mine is dead quiet. If there is a fan in it, it is the quietest one in the world.
Soccerdude's Avatar Soccerdude 09:23 AM 02-10-2011
I am in the market to purchase either the 93 or 95. I am using a digital processor which does all sound formats via HDMI. The analog audio not an option with my processor at the this time. I hear the Dac's on the 95 is way better than the 93. Don't know what to do..
DAB's Avatar DAB 09:25 AM 02-10-2011
What Fan Noise?
Had my player on for 3+hr. fan didn't come on. One time last week it came on. I had to shine a flashlight to the fan port- to confirm it was spinning-- YMMV.
db

Quote:
Originally Posted by wappinghigh View Post
Hi Guy's

I've noticed they have put a fan into the 95, which isn't in the 93. I hate it when fans are put into AV gear that are supposed to be primarily designed for hifi listening. There is absolutely no point in upgrading oamps, power supplies, changing from 24->32 dacs, or adding balanced XLR, dropping jitter etc etc if all you can hear is fan noise...

So my question.

How loud is it?
Is it on all the time?
And can it be disabled in the menu somehow

Thanks

wmcclain's Avatar wmcclain 09:34 AM 02-10-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerdude View Post
I am in the market to purchase either the 93 or 95. I am using a digital processor which does all sound formats via HDMI. The analog audio not an option with my processor at the this time. I hear the Dac's on the 95 is way better than the 93. Don't know what to do..
The player DACs are not used for HDMI (or coax/optical), so stick with the 93.

-Bill
gsr's Avatar gsr 09:35 AM 02-10-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerdude View Post
I am in the market to purchase either the 93 or 95. I am using a digital processor which does all sound formats via HDMI. The analog audio not an option with my processor at the this time. I hear the Dac's on the 95 is way better than the 93. Don't know what to do..
If you aren't using the analog outputs, then the better DAC's in the 95 are completely irrelevant. In your case, you should save your money and go with the 93 unless you plan to make other changes to your system so you can take advantage of the analog outputs.
rnrmf1971's Avatar rnrmf1971 09:41 AM 02-10-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wappinghigh View Post
Hi Guy's

I've noticed they have put a fan into the 95, which isn't in the 93. I hate it when fans are put into AV gear that are supposed to be primarily designed for hifi listening. There is absolutely no point in upgrading oamps, power supplies, changing from 24->32 dacs, or adding balanced XLR, dropping jitter etc etc if all you can hear is fan noise...

So my question.

How loud is it?
Is it on all the time?
And can it be disabled in the menu somehow

Thanks
I've literally had the player powered on and playing cd's for 24 hours a day since Saturday, and I haven't heard the fan, nor been aware if it's come on.
EARS 101's Avatar EARS 101 09:44 AM 02-10-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dart383 View Post
+1 Symmetry and balance, room characteristics play a key role in the cohesion and the overall dynamics of the sound.

I moved 18 months ago. My listening room WAS 20 x16 with an 8ft. ceiling, around 320sq.ft. or 2560 cubic ft.almost completely sealed room. I closed a pocket door and could here the difference.
The sound was dynamic, yet delicate, enveloping, natural, satisfying, I WAS very happy with my setup.

My new listening room is 23x27 with a 16ft. vaulted ceiling, around 620sq.ft. (not sure how to calculate the vaulted ceiling) which is open to an 8x12
foyer, and a large doorway to a very large kitchen.
The sound is less than impressive. I'm always turning on the clip lights on the Carver AV705X amp without complete musical satisfaction. I had a Panasonic RP91 in the OPPO's place. The 83SE made things better, but I need more power, been looking at the Emotiva products.
I guess I'm not sure if an amp will do it for me. I have an order in for the 95, but wonder if I would be better served with a good pre/pro with audyssey room correction for the dynamic challenges of the room ie. (vaulted ceiling).

Any advice would be welcome!!
You can check out the rest of my modest gear in the "view public profile" (about me) tab, under my name.

Regards, John
John,
IMHO, From the new room dimensions / configuration you posted, I believe your lack of satisfaction is room related. Not so much the ceiling but the almost square room dimensions. You already know your equipment sounds great, if you fix the room "effects", I'm sure your good sound will return. I would suggest you look into room acoustics and how they can be improved. I'm not a big fan of EQ.

Bill
Styln's Avatar Styln 10:00 AM 02-10-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastD View Post
thanks for that report. Yes, the Musical Fidelity A3 is a nice sounding integrated amp, I've listened to an A5-CDP/A5 combo at my local boutique shop, I was totally blown away with the beautiful warm, transparent, sound, and using various speakers (ie. B&W CM-Series, etc.,...). It does'nt surprise me that the BDP-95sounded more balanced through the M3.
Just so there is no confusion, the pre-amp Don is using in his Krell/Wilson system the Musical Fidelity A3CR. It is a mid priced pre-amp and so a couple of steps below the level of equipment in his system. That said, people seem to like it audioreview.com. I know I do and it positively transformed Don's system from dry, sterile and closed to a beautiful, open an engaging presentation. You could do a lot worse than this pre-amp, and Don has two to prove it

Styln
Soccerdude's Avatar Soccerdude 10:10 AM 02-10-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
If you aren't using the analog outputs, then the better DAC's in the 95 are completely irrelevant. In your case, you should save your money and go with the 93 unless you plan to make other changes to your system so you can take advantage of the analog outputs.
Thank you guys.
moglia's Avatar moglia 10:34 AM 02-10-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastD View Post
so what remains after we filter out all these titles?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzGuyy View Post
This made me immediately think of Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is crap.

That 90% number is probably close.

I use the following as reference discs for 2 channel:

CD:
RCA/BMG Living Stereo: Hovhaness: Mysterious Mountain/Prokofiev: Lieutenant Kije - Sonically one of the best CD's in existence and recorded in 1958. Dynamics are practically off the charts.

MFSL: Simon and Garfunkel - Bookends - Amazing. Sounds like an SACD to me. Why can't all Classic Rock CD's have these sonics?


SACD:
Sony: Dave Brubeck Time Out [3 channel mix is killer as well]

RCA/BMG Living Stereo: Ravel: Bolero/La Valse/Rapsodie Espagnole Incredible performance and sound. If you like Dynamics this is a SACD to get.

Analogue Productions: Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River - I'm not a fan of the guy who mastered it but all Rock SACD's should sound this good.

UMG Japan - The Who - Who's Next ["SHM-SACD"] - I am not into fads and Marketing hype like SHM but the transfer of this album to SACD is spectacular. While the recording quality is not equal to what I normally like in a reference disc, it's nice to have material which I am this familiar in this type of quality to compare new components.


Note - Dire Straits Brothers In Arms SACD - while the surround mix is interesting, it appears to Dynamically Compressed pretty badly. At least that is what my ears hear. I can no longer use it a reference disc as a result.


DVD-Audio:
Classic Records: Alan Parson Project - A Turn Of A Friendly Card - smooth analogue like 24/192 goodness
Bob Pariseau's Avatar Bob Pariseau 10:56 AM 02-10-2011
Oppo UK Now Shows Pricing for the European Version of the 95 (BDP-95EU):

http://www.oppo-bluray.co.uk/ecommer.../BDP-95EU.aspx

Price: 899 UK Pounds Sterling including VAT.

Status: "Out of Stock". Estimated availability date not stated.

Their web site is currently not accepting pre-orders, but that could change at any moment.

ETA: I make that US$1,450. Of course some of the extra cost is VAT, and some is the difference in import tariffs.

ETA 2: As noted below, the standard warranty for the BDP-95EU is 2 years as opposed to 1 year for the BDP-95 in the US. Based on the US pricing for a one year warranty extension, that would account for US$69 of the price difference.
--Bob
2.2gotboost's Avatar 2.2gotboost 11:09 AM 02-10-2011
^ Interesting that overseas the manufacturer's warranty is 2 years, not 1.
Tags: Blu Ray Players , Oppo , Oppo Bdp 95 Blu Ray Disc Player
First ... 20  21  22 23  24  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop