AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

Please don't encourage him.

When I think about my ratio of posts read to posts posted I become severely depressed. I could have started a major enterprise with that amount of time.

With Bob's talent, he could have started several multinational power houses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7022 of 11138 Old 12-23-2011, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

When I think about my ratio of posts read to posts posted I become severely depressed. I could have started a major enterprise with that amount of time.

With Bob's talent, he could have started several multinational power houses.

ht,
You're not too far behind Mr. Pariseau.

He (or she) who dies with the most HT gear doesn't win anything. They're DEAD!
post #7023 of 11138 Old 12-23-2011, 01:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post

Yeah, I'm surprised it took him so long to get to 20,000 posts .

It would be more meaningful if Bob's posting was measured in inches instead of posts. Any guesses on how many lines of text we're talking about?
post #7024 of 11138 Old 12-23-2011, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post

Release date: December 21, 2011.
Category: Latest Official Release
Main Version: BDP9x-61-1219
Loader Version: CN0900
Sub Version: MCU93-09-0218 (BDP-93), MCU95-08-0218 (BDP-95)

Note: This version was previously released as a public beta test version on December 5, 2011. It has been qualified and promoted to an official release version. If you have installed the public beta version during the week of December 5, there is no need to reinstall the firmware.

Release Notes:

1. Added "Title/Chapter Repeat" capability to some Blu-ray movies authorized with BD-Java technology. During movie playback, press the REPEAT button on your remote to select the desired repeat mode. As BD-Java is an evolving technology, this function may not apply to all present and future BD-Java based movies.
2. Resolved the loading failure issue observed on several recently-released Blu-ray TV series, including "Fringe" (Season 3, 2011), "Chuck" (Season 4, 2011), "Dexter" (Season 5, 2011). Normally, these movies can be played with no problems when initially loaded. However, if disc playback has been stopped or the disc ejected, the disc would fail to load properly and remain on a black screen with the front VFD displaying 00:00:00. The cause of this error was related to the player failing to load pop-up menu to display disc resume functionality. This firmware properly resolves the pop-up menu.
3. Resolved a Fast Forward (FWD) bug during some FLAC music playback. Customers have reported that during some FLAC playback, if you press the FWD button to 2x and up, the music playback could automatically skip to the next track. This issue has been resolved.
4. Resolved the extra BD-Live setting required to load some Blu-ray movies such as "Warlord" (2010). To load such titles it was necessary to set "BD Live" to be "ON" under Network Setup, even if no internet connection was present. This issue has been resolved and for all "BD-Live" states ("ON", "LIMITED", "OFF").
5. Resolved FL and FR channels missing from user generated 7.1 WAV media. Customers have reported that FL and FR channel contents may be lost during the playback of 7.1 WAV files. This issue has been resolved.
6. Reset the SPDIF audio format from VUDU to DTS 5.1 when Bistream is enabled. In compliance with the VUDU certification requirements, we have set the VUDU's audio stream to be converted to DTS 5.1 through SPDIF in Bitstream mode. Previous firmware resolved only stereo PCM over SPDIF.
7. Added the direct play capability to BDAV folder. BDAV is a container for videos recorded using AVCHD camcorders such as Sony's HDR-SR series.
8. Improved general disc compatibility based on recent and upcoming Blu-ray releases as well as user-submitted disc samples.

Thank you very much.
Any Cinavia protection with any update ?
post #7025 of 11138 Old 12-23-2011, 03:17 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:

It would be more meaningful if Bob's posting was measured in inches instead of posts. Any guesses on how many lines of text we're talking about?

Let's see, 20000 posts times 100 lines per post is only 2 million lines of text .
post #7026 of 11138 Old 12-23-2011, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 46
My new 95 came today!! Using it in place of two players. I wanted to run through my set up to see if I'm missing anything. The two hdmi allows for some flexibility.

First the analog stereo outs go to the headphone rig. That was the primary motivation for upgrading with the 95 from the 83. The sound is nothing short of fantastic.

Second, my technologically challenged wife would like a dvd/bluray player/netflix player that is not run through the reciever that she can use with just the TV. The two hdmi's come in great for that. I ran hdmi 1 straight to the TV, for the advanced video processing . She can have at it and never bother to cut on the receiver. I ran hdmi two to the receiver for audio when I want to use the receiver. You just have to remember to mute the tv when using the reciever. (Can I cut hdmi 1 audio off in this case?) Best of both worlds, she has her simple set up, and I have mine. We used to have two players to do this, a panasonic with netflix and the 83, now one. I also have to be able to see the denon menu from time to time, which I can do from that hdmi input to the TV. (Am I creating potential handshake issues here, should I just hook the denon to the TV with a standard video rca for seeing menus and get rid of the denon to TV hdmi cable? When all three devices are on I've got oppo to TV, Oppo to Denon, then Denon to TV all HDMI. ) The other option is the TV is off and CDs or SACDs are playing to the Denon or headphone amp.

Third to test the FR/FL analog performance even though the denon is doing a adc then a dac to apply dsp, I connected RCAs from the FR/FL to the cd input of the denon for comparing the analog audio to the hdmi audio input. (multichannel set to FR/FL stereo, I only have a two channel system) I haven't done much critical a/b testing yet so the jury is out. I'll have to test both with various settings with audyssey, audyssey flat, audyssey off, pure audio etc.

Anyway, my real interest, critical headphone listening, is pure bliss. It didn't take much listening to notice a marked improvement from the 83. The headphone set up made the 95 a great investment.

Anyway as far as set up, did I miss anything?
post #7027 of 11138 Old 12-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post

Let's see, 20000 posts times 100 lines per post is only 2 million lines of text .

Each one packed with wisdomy goodness!
--Bob (and I've got a 98 line credit balance from this post) P.

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #7028 of 11138 Old 12-23-2011, 07:32 PM

Hi, i have a 95 wich i really like but i still have a few questions. I read tons of pages of this thread but still.

First, i always have some problem with the test tone of the player. Sometimes no sound coming out, sometimes i cannot chose to play the test tones. No disc in tray i already know that and the player is with the firmware of december.

Second is about the stereo outputs. I use my player with the analog outs for multi channel. I'm plugged with the stereo out for my front left and right.

To ajust levels, i had to chose stereo L/R to do the calibration cause choosing mix stereo didn't work. It sounds weird and could'nt ajust levels. Is that normal?

When i want to listen to the stereo outs with multichannels do i chose L/R or stereo mix?

Thanks, english is not my first language so bare with me
post #7029 of 11138 Old 12-23-2011, 08:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I just received my 95 today, and put it in place of a Denon 3800. I have an EAD 8800 pre/pro with Cirrus CS43122 DACs plus a bunch of Noble Electronics upgrades on the EAD. I only have a 2.1 system set up right now and listened to several CDs to compare the modified DAC board in the EAD to the Oppo. Both sounded very good and much more similar than I was expecting. The noticeable difference however was the vocals. With the EAD, they were more present, forward and "in the room" sounding, but also a tad bright. The vocals with the Oppo were clearer and more laid back......very nice.

Even when my whole multichannel system is together, I won't be needing to send the dedicated stereo outs to anything but the EAD. So shouldn't I use the dedicated stereo outs as my FL and FR and in the audio processing settings set the "stereo signal" setting to "front left/right"???? Then use the rest of the multichannel out bank for my center, surrounds and sub? Then I'll be good to go for watching/listening to blu, DVD and CD with this configuration right?

-Kevin

Epson 5020UB 1080p 3LCD projector

Screen Innovations Black Diamond Zero Edge 1.4 110" 16:9

Marantz AV8801 pre/pro

Wyred4Sound 5-channel amp

Oppo BDP-105

Darbee Darblet

JTR 3TX LCRs

JTR Single8 HT-LP surrounds

twin JTR Orbit Shifter LF subwoofers

GIK Acoustic room treatments

post #7030 of 11138 Old 12-25-2011, 07:52 AM

Most years about this time I listen to the Musical Heritage Society recording of Vaughn Williams' Hodie. As much as I liked the music, I always found the recording unpleasant in the highs and lacking in the low end. The dynamic range is huge and the loud sections were too harsh. Well, this year everything has changed. I am now listening to cds using the OPPO BDP 95 through the balanced output (to the Parasound P7). ( I have also changed the ribbon crossovers on the biamped Newform Research R 645 to Mundorf Supreme Oil and Silver caps and Sonicraft Platinum caps. I also now have Richard Gray RGPC 400S on both dedicated lines to the seperated amps. I added a power cord to the 400S made by Patrick Cullen (on Audiogon). Also the Shunyata Venom power cords to the Oppo and the Parasound). So the changes are not entirely due to the Oppo.

But, this is the reason for this posting: I am amazed at the quality of this recording played through the Oppo. The dynamic range is now thrilling (not harsh). The brass (particularly trombones and tuba) has the 'bite' and power I have rarely heard on recordings. The bass is there, just not overblown and thick. In my opinion this recording needs to be played really loudly and this system can handle it. This is one of several recodings that I now find truly extraordinary that I original found almost unlistenable. Bravo to Oppo!
post #7031 of 11138 Old 12-25-2011, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by More4less View Post

Most years about this time I listen to the Musical Heritage Society recording of Vaughn Williams' Hodie. As much as I liked the music, I always found the recording unpleasant in the highs and lacking in the low end. The dynamic range is huge and the loud sections were too harsh. Well, this year everything has changed. I am now listening to cds using the OPPO BDP 95 through the balanced output (to the Parasound P7). ( I have also changed the ribbon crossovers on the biamped Newform Research R 645 to Mundorf Supreme Oil and Silver caps and Sonicraft Platinum caps. I also now have Richard Gray RGPC 400S on both dedicated lines to the seperated amps. I added a power cord to the 400S made by Patrick Cullen (on Audiogon). Also the Shunyata Venom power cords to the Oppo and the Parasound). So the changes are not entirely due to the Oppo.

But, this is the reason for this posting: I am amazed at the quality of this recording played through the Oppo. The dynamic range is now thrilling (not harsh). The brass (particularly trombones and tuba) has the 'bite' and power I have rarely heard on recordings. The bass is there, just not overblown and thick. In my opinion this recording needs to be played really loudly and this system can handle it. This is one of several recodings that I now find truly extraordinary that I original found almost unlistenable. Bravo to Oppo!

+1 the 95 has made some recordings I have labeled shrill, thick and some times down right unlistenable, sound fantastic ( 80's included) It has led me to the conlclusion of digital (redbook in particular) reaching a balance with itself. It's become mature enough in recordings and the equipment to interpret itself properly. This shows the correct implementation of the SOTA ESS Sabre dac's, having said that about redbook! SACD and 24/192 and other various hi-rez recorrdings on the 95 have yeilded the best sound Iv'e heard period And this is on my system and not a showroom demo I suspect in future CD's will become as Lp's have become today" No Really"
post #7032 of 11138 Old 12-25-2011, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muralireddy View Post

Any Cinavia protection with any update ?

No. This is not required by their licensing. They will have to add it to a future model, but all current and past Blu-ray players will not require Cinavia.
post #7033 of 11138 Old 12-25-2011, 01:46 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franksonic View Post

Hi, i have a 95 wich i really like but i still have a few questions. I read tons of pages of this thread but still.

First, i always have some problem with the test tone of the player. Sometimes no sound coming out, sometimes i cannot chose to play the test tones. No disc in tray i already know that and the player is with the firmware of december.

Second is about the stereo outputs. I use my player with the analog outs for multi channel. I'm plugged with the stereo out for my front left and right.

To ajust levels, i had to chose stereo L/R to do the calibration cause choosing mix stereo didn't work. It sounds weird and could'nt ajust levels. Is that normal?

When i want to listen to the stereo outs with multichannels do i chose L/R or stereo mix?

Thanks, english is not my first language so bare with me

I recommend you set your analog audio levels using a calibration disc. I recommend the LPCM Channel ID tracks from AIX Audio Calibration, Blu-ray.
-Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #7034 of 11138 Old 12-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Advanced Member

Hi Bob. Is this the disc you recommend? http://aixrecords.com/catalog/bd/oppo_sampler_bd.html

Bob could you also confirm the 2nd part of my post above about hooking up the dedicated stereo outs -vs- the FL and FR in the 7.1 bank? Thanks much.

-Kevin

Marantz AV8801 pre/pro

Oppo BDP-105

Darbee Darblet

JTR 3TX LCRs

post #7035 of 11138 Old 12-25-2011, 05:29 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post

Hi Bob. Is this the disc you recommend? http://aixrecords.com/catalog/bd/oppo_sampler_bd.html

Bob could you also confirm the 2nd part of my post above about hooking up the dedicated stereo outs -vs- the FL and FR in the 7.1 bank? Thanks much.

Yes, that's the AIX disc I was referring to.

On your other question, yes, that's the whole idea. If you don't need to cable the dedicated stereo outputs to some other amp then re-assign them to act in place of the LF/RF outputs of the multi-channel set.

Now be aware that when you do that, the L/R dedicated outputs will react to all the settings that normally affect the LF/RF outputs of the multi-channel set. In particular, if you have set volume trims or bass steering (designating LF/RF as "Small") then that will affect the L/R jacks just as it would the LF/RF jacks. So think that through for when you are playing stereo content. For most folks this is not a problem.

Also note that your sound processor will not be aware that the multi-channel input only happens to have the front speaker channels active when you are playing a CD. I.e., it can't know that the silence in the other surround channels is not real. Which means it can't automatically offer surround sound processing to you to raise that stereo input to 5.1 speaker output for example.

If instead you hooked up the dedicated stereo jacks to a dedicated stereo input, then of course your processor would know the input audio really is only stereo.
--Bob

post #7036 of 11138 Old 12-25-2011, 09:56 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks Bob. That's my plan then. All speakers will be set to small in the Oppo. So hopefully after hooking everything up this way, setting up the bass management and getting everything balanced and letting the Oppo handle all of the dedoding........It'll be set it and forget it for Blu, DVDs, and CDs and I won't have to change any settings from. Hope it works out that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

On your other question, yes, that's the whole idea. If you don't need to cable the dedicated stereo outputs to some other amp then re-assign them to act in place of the LF/RF outputs of the multi-channel set.

Now be aware that when you do that, the L/R dedicated outputs will react to all the settings that normally affect the LF/RF outputs of the multi-channel set. In particular, if you have set volume trims or bass steering (designating LF/RF as "Small") then that will affect the L/R jacks just as it would the LF/RF jacks. So think that through for when you are playing stereo content. For most folks this is not a problem.

Also note that your sound processor will not be aware that the multi-channel input only happens to have the front speaker channels active when you are playing a CD. I.e., it can't know that the silence in the other surround channels is not real. Which means it can't automatically offer surround sound processing to you to raise that stereo input to 5.1 speaker output for example.

If instead you hooked up the dedicated stereo jacks to a dedicated stereo input, then of course your processor would know the input audio really is only stereo.
--Bob

-Kevin

Marantz AV8801 pre/pro

Oppo BDP-105

Darbee Darblet

JTR 3TX LCRs

post #7037 of 11138 Old 12-25-2011, 10:57 PM

I've had my oppo for about a month and finnally connected it to my marantz sr7005 via the analog surround outputs. Im using 5.1 currently and when I tested it out on some blu rays it seemed as if the audio quality was not as good as HDMI. The bass is definitley not as strong or deep and it just seems less dynamic. I used the amp direct mode on the marantz and selected the 7.1 analog option. Am i missing something or is this how its supposed to be and im not used to it. Hopefully im doing it wrong because the whole reason to spend the extra $500 was to use the analog and take advantage of the DACs
post #7038 of 11138 Old 12-25-2011, 11:15 PM
Read the FAQ!

seanh1978,

Get the AIX audio calibration disc cited a few posts above and check your subwoofer level. You need to apply +15dB boost on the sub to match it with the levels for the other analog outs. Your Marantz may be supplying some of that already, but evidently not all of it.
--Bob

post #7039 of 11138 Old 12-26-2011, 12:58 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyz2021 View Post

www.amazon.com/Oppo-BDP-95-Blu-Ray-Player/dp/B004UVJCPO/

Is this a good deal? It's hard to find online.

If you're looking for the base model...then go via direct to Oppo or Music Direct...here's a link.

Standard price...$999

Martin

SACD Library:  http://www.sa-cd.net/library/7540/1

Outlaw 970 Pre-Pro, Outlaw 7125 Amp, Oppo BDP-95 Universal Player, Panasonic TC-P50GT25 Plasma, Aperion VGT/VGT Center/532LR surrounds/Dual Outlaw LFM-1 EX subs, Anti-Mode 8033 Cinima, Denon AH-D2000 headphones

post #7040 of 11138 Old 12-26-2011, 05:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:

Also if you are on the east coast Crutchfield has the 95 at standard prices of 999. I used them as it was free 2 day shipping. When I ordered my 83 from the west coast it took about 6 days to get here.
post #7041 of 11138 Old 12-26-2011, 06:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:

Absolutely not.

You can buy it direct from Oppo, like the rest of us, for $250 less.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #7042 of 11138 Old 12-26-2011, 08:03 AM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:

HDCP handshakes occur every few minutes during playback. It's possible you are seeing (hearing) a handshake failure. Replacing the cable is one way to troubleshoot handshake failures. Setting the player to explicit audio and video output (not "auto") is another way to limit possible issues. Your player is outputting video also, with the audio signal, so be sure that the video settings are compatible with your HDMI processor.

I bought brand new HDMi cables and replaced them in addition I loaded the new software update as well did a factory reset, and unfortunately the problem still persist

It never happened before, so I am not sure what is going on. Audio output is set to Bitstream and Video set to 1080p. It is going to Oppo for service hope they can fix this issue
post #7043 of 11138 Old 12-26-2011, 08:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post

I bought brand new HDMi cables and replaced them in addition I loaded the new software update as well did a factory reset, and unfortunately the problem still persist

It never happened before, so I am not sure what is going on. Audio output is set to Bitstream and Video set to 1080p. It is going to Oppo for service hope they can fix this issue

I'm sure that the Opponauts are happy to look at it and do whatever is possible, but you should also be aware that the player is only one of 3 components participating in HDMI negotiations, and errors can result from any one of them dropping the ball. You may also wish to consult the appropriate forum for your AVR to see if there may be some relevant settings there like video processing and HDMI which could play a role. And unless Oppo happens to have identical gear in house and can reproduce the error, they are limited in what they can do.
post #7044 of 11138 Old 12-26-2011, 10:37 AM

Liked: 15
If I wait and buy a BDP-95 later in 2012, might it have Cinavia enabled if the actual player date is manufactured when Cinavia is turned on?
Dave
post #7045 of 11138 Old 12-26-2011, 10:56 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehale View Post

If I wait and buy a BDP-95 later in 2012, might it have Cinavia enabled if the actual player date is manufactured when Cinavia is turned on?
Dave

No, the rule is by the date the model was introduced to the market, not date of manufacture of a specific unit. The current product line is safe for as long as it lasts.

-Bill
post #7046 of 11138 Old 12-26-2011, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post

If you're looking for the base model...then go via direct to Oppo or Music Direct...here's a link.

Standard price...$999

The link provided also has an excellent white paper on the technical performance(design, noise and jitter performance) of the ESS9008 DAC, the one used in the 83SE player. The 95 uses the more advanced ESS9018 which even has better performance than the already excellent ESS9008.

- David

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19542630
post #7047 of 11138 Old 12-26-2011, 02:41 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:

I'm sure that the Opponauts are happy to look at it and do whatever is possible, but you should also be aware that the player is only one of 3 components participating in HDMI negotiations, and errors can result from any one of them dropping the ball. You may also wish to consult the appropriate forum for your AVR to see if there may be some relevant settings there like video processing and HDMI which could play a role. And unless Oppo happens to have identical gear in house and can reproduce the error, they are limited in what they can do.

Well hopefully they will be able to figure it out otherwise the only thing I can see is that the Classé is acting up?
post #7048 of 11138 Old 12-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Advanced Member

Hi Bob. Spending a little more time with my new 95, I found an old Chesky stereo SACD sample disc. Before I gave it a whirl, I went back in the setup menu to check the SACD settings. I set SACD priority to stereo and SACD output as DSD to start. Again, I'm using the analog outs and just a 2.1 setup right now.....left and right speakers set to small in the Oppo and 80Hz Xover. Started with first track... Rebecca Pidgeon/Spanish Harlem. Sounded great but got up and discovered nothing coming out of the sub. Back into the setup menu and switched to PCM.....track restarted and now the sub is outputting. Just trying to ascertain what my system is doing? Can I still choose DSD and change something else to get 2.1 playback for SACD or just leave the PCM setting for SACD output?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

--Bob

-Kevin

Marantz AV8801 pre/pro

Oppo BDP-105

Darbee Darblet

JTR 3TX LCRs

post #7049 of 11138 Old 12-26-2011, 06:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
audioadvisor.com has it for $1009.99 including shipping. That's where I got mine.

Bob Simandl ... somewhere near St. Louis
post #7050 of 11138 Old 12-26-2011, 06:38 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post

Hi Bob. Spending a little more time with my new 95, I found an old Chesky stereo SACD sample disc. Before I gave it a whirl, I went back in the setup menu to check the SACD settings. I set SACD priority to stereo and SACD output as DSD to start. Again, I'm using the analog outs and just a 2.1 setup right now.....left and right speakers set to small in the Oppo and 80Hz Xover. Started with first track... Rebecca Pidgeon/Spanish Harlem. Sounded great but got up and discovered nothing coming out of the sub. Back into the setup menu and switched to PCM.....track restarted and now the sub is outputting. Just trying to ascertain what my system is doing? Can I still choose DSD and change something else to get 2.1 playback for SACD or just leave the PCM setting for SACD output?

When you activate SACD DSD-direct-to-analog conversion you get no audio processing in the Oppo.

In particular, you get no bass steering (crossover processing). Your speakers are treated as if they are set to Large.

If you need the Oppo to do bass steering for you, then set SACD Output PCM.

By the way, in case you haven't spotted this already, you can switch between the stereo and 5.1 layer on an SACD disc on the fly by pressing the Audio button on the remote. The track currently playing will restart.
--Bob

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 95 Blu Ray Disc Player , Blu Ray Players , Oppo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page