Official OPPO BDP-95 Owner's Thread - Page 290 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #8671 of 11138 Old 05-12-2012, 08:20 AM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 775
^ That's pretty unusual. It's possible you have a faulty disc that the OPPO was having trouble reading, but the Marantz managed to handle. In any event, email OPPO with the disc details, including the bar code number from the disc packaging, and they can check if they have any history on this disc.

They may ask you to loan the disc to them so they can check out what's happening (i.e., to check disc reading problems that might be specific to your copy). They'll get it back to you of course.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8672 of 11138 Old 05-12-2012, 10:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by niualaals94 View Post

I hit the play botton to listen to a sacd disc and the sound started to distort and I went crazy thinking that I to fix or replace my beloved amp, after several tries and sacd changes, it turned out to be that this specific sacd is not compatible with the 95, it did played flawlessly on my Marantz player though.

Strange. What disc is it?

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round

post #8673 of 11138 Old 05-12-2012, 11:43 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by niualaals94 View Post

I hit the play botton to listen to a sacd disc and the sound started to distort and I went crazy thinking that I to fix or replace my beloved amp, after several tries and sacd changes, it turned out to be that this specific sacd is not compatible with the 95, it did played flawlessly on my Marantz player though.

I have had multiple instances where the Oppo puts out a tremendous amount of hiss with SACDs. It seems to be almost a random type thing and not limited to a specific title. I shut down the power on my power conditioner and it reboots the player and then everything is fine again. It is mighty disconcerting however.

Parasound Halo fan...atic
post #8674 of 11138 Old 05-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davee70 View Post

I have had multiple instances where the Oppo puts out a tremendous amount of hiss with SACDs. It seems to be almost a random type thing and not limited to a specific title. I shut down the power on my power conditioner and it reboots the player and then everything is fine again. It is mighty disconcerting however.

This is definitely not normal and should be diagnosed and fixed.

Start by making sure your firmware is up to date. In Setup > Device Setup > Firmware Information, compare the version numbers for all 3 parts of the firmware (Main, Loader, Sub/MCU) against the expected values as shown on the OPPO support page or in the firmware history portion of the first post of the BDP-93 sticky thread at the top of this forum.

Whenever the player exhibits odd behavior, a good thing to try is a simple reset:

1) Remove any disc. Jot down your personal settings.

2) In Setup, Erase Persistent Storage, and then Reset Factory Defaults. When the Easy Setup Wizard finishes, power down the player -- NORMALLY, not by cutting it's wall power.

3) NOW remove wall power from the player for about 10 seconds. Do not skip this step.

4) Power up, and re-enter your personal settings.

5) Power down the player again -- normally. Settings are saved during the power down cycle.

If you are using HDMI for audio when playing the SACDs then you could be having a form of HDMI handshake failure. The next time it happens, turn volume WAY down on your AVR immediately and then take a careful look at what format of audio signal your AVR is reporting as input. Compare to what it reports when the SACD playback is correct. If you are getting an incorrect signal type reported then the usual sorts of steps for addressing HDMI handshake problems apply. E.g., checking your cable quality.

Another step to try with digital audio output is to Pause the player and then Play again. This makes the AVR re-sync with the digital audio input stream and can cure problems where the AVR failed to recognize the start of digital audio properly.

If you are using Analog for audio when playing SACDs, then obviously that does not apply. If it is happening on more than one disc, then your player likely needs service. Talk to OPPO and let them help you diagnose this.

By the way, cutting power to the unit by turning off the power conditioner should *NOT* be your normal way of shutting it down. The player should be allowed to power itself down. Suddenly cutting off wall power prevents the player from saving settings. It is also not a good thing to do while a disc is playing.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #8675 of 11138 Old 05-12-2012, 06:15 PM

Liked: 10
I noticed that scary sounding intermittent hissing on SACDs and brought it up in October at post #6362 but received no responses at the time:

"On a separate note, I have been using Kimber Cable PBJ balanced xlr cables into my Anthem AVM 30 and have noticed on a few occasions a hissing sound for a few seconds and some harshness compared to the analog outs. Is that a problem with the my balanced cables or is it something I am doing? Or is it just my ears?"

I ended up selling the cables and no longer using the balanced outputs of the 95 and do not recall hearing that hissing since. It was definately an alarming sound as it came out of nowhere and sounded like it could blow something in your speakers. I wonder in retrospect if perhaps the volume was being overdriven out of the DAC if the Oppo volume was set at the maximum?
post #8676 of 11138 Old 05-13-2012, 12:39 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM1415 View Post

I noticed that scary sounding intermittent hissing on SACDs and brought it up in October at post #6362 but received no responses at the time:

"On a separate note, I have been using Kimber Cable PBJ balanced xlr cables into my Anthem AVM 30 and have noticed on a few occasions a hissing sound for a few seconds and some harshness compared to the analog outs. Is that a problem with the my balanced cables or is it something I am doing? Or is it just my ears?"

I ended up selling the cables and no longer using the balanced outputs of the 95 and do not recall hearing that hissing since. It was definately an alarming sound as it came out of nowhere and sounded like it could blow something in your speakers. I wonder in retrospect if perhaps the volume was being overdriven out of the DAC if the Oppo volume was set at the maximum?

You can't overdrive the outputs of the OPPO. They are designed to carry the full volume.

However you CAN overdrive the INPUTS of your preamp, which will result in "clipping" if the preamp doesn't have enough headroom -- i.e., if it is not prepared to handle that much input voltage.

Because of the way XLR works, the audio on XLR is +6dB hotter than the audio on RCA. This can be a problem if you use XLR to RCA cabling. Some XLR inputs also have a selector switch to set whether they are expecting that +6dB hotter or not (in case someone has cabled RCA outs into those XLR ins). If that selector is set to NOT expect the +6dB, then you can have problems.

Now clipping sounds like distinctly harsh distortion, but is not usually described as hissing. In any event it is EASY to tell if you are clipping the inputs of your preamp:

1) Preamp clipping distortion will be 100% repeatable if you play the same content at the same volume settings for the OPPO outputs (combo of speaker Volume Trim settings and the Volume +/- button settings from the Remote).

2) Preamp clipping will *NOT* stop happening just because you power cycle the player. This is why I don't think preamp clipping is what's happening for the original poster, since he reported that power cycling the player allowed him to play the same disc at the same volume without the audio problem.

3) Preamp clipping will only happen in louder passages, and will go away if you lower the output level of the OPPO. I.e., if you use the Volume buttons on the OPPO to lower the player's output level significantly, preamp clipping will go away. Indeed that's just how you cure the problem if your preamp can't handle the analog output voltage levels of the player. Note: It is the volume level of output from the OPPO that matters here, not the main volume setting in your preamp controlling the output level of the speakers.

NOTE: I forget how the Anthem AVM 30 is set up, but in the Anthem D2v there is a Setup menu for Analog Input Levels and if you select the line for the analog input you are using it will show a level bar, updated in real time, so that you can see if a particular passage of music is overdriving the input. If so, in the D2v, you can set an attenuation on that analog input to prevent that from happening.
--Bob

post #8677 of 11138 Old 05-13-2012, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 106
Just picked up 95 yesterday and have it all hooked up so now im just dialing it in.I've wanted a Oppo for years what a quality piece the packaging was unreal . Watched a bluray last night and was amazed with its speed of loading and PQ. I 'm just beginning to scratch the surface with what this 95 has to offer but figure its something I can grow into .Glad to finally be part of the Oppo family !!
post #8678 of 11138 Old 05-13-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrecording View Post

This is the first time I have had any problems with my 95 in a year of use.

Netflix is freezing during movies and searching. I cannot move get out when it freezes, so I have to turn off the 95 and start again.

I have done full factory default re-sets a couple times, but it has not helped. I have a 12mbps business connection via Ethernet.

Is anyone else having these issues?

I've been having this same problem with Netflix since the new software installed, and was reading the board this morning to see if anyone else was having this problem. I've also had the 95 over a yr now, with no previous problems. I also have 12mbps connection, through ATT.

Netflix movies freeze up the machine about once per day, with the only apparent resolution being to shut off power and restart. Last night it froze while watching the two part Scorcese Dylan documentary, No Direction Home. I don't recall if it was part 1 or part 2.

I've also started having problems with the Netflix menu information going absent after watching a movie and returning to the menu, with the only resolution being to go back to the oppo menu and restarting Netflix.

Both these problems started occurring recently, following the most recent os update.

Jay
post #8679 of 11138 Old 05-13-2012, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

Is your player using the same Netflix app that's available on the PS3s?

DD+ 5.1 shows up on my AVR. Netflix info Video:"X-high/HD" on display; AVR states 1080P
The PQ is improved over Oppo and Apple TV 3G.

Took a pix (lots of light in my NY apt. today) with in motion but it is not a true reflexion.
LL
post #8680 of 11138 Old 05-13-2012, 12:50 PM

Liked: 24
Thanks Bob for the advice. I have reset the player to the default settings but that has been quite awhile ago now. A relatively easy thing to do. As for the firmware, since I do not think I downloaded a copy of the December firmware I have been reluctant to update it, for reasons known to readers of this thread. However, if the problem persists, I may go ahead and update it anyway since I have no plans to use the (now lost) functionality. I have wondered if the occasional hiss problem that I have experienced could be related to the fact that I use the DSD direct to analog conversion SACD Output option. In any event, doing the firmware update (or shutting down properly) could possibly eliminate it.

The suggestion to shut off the player before powering down is not something I would have thought of. I would not shut down my system with a disc still in the player, at least not intentionally. I don't change the settings that often and when I do, it does seem the player retains them (and I usually check). But I certainly would not power down my computer without shutting down first. With all the software on board the 95 I suppose I should start thinking of it as a highly specialized computer and act accordingly!

Parasound Halo fan...atic
post #8681 of 11138 Old 05-13-2012, 01:21 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian-HD View Post

DD+ 5.1 shows up on my AVR. Netflix info Video:"X-high/HD" on display; AVR states 1080P
The PQ is improved over Oppo and Apple TV 3G.

Thanks for the information.
post #8682 of 11138 Old 05-13-2012, 01:23 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

With all the software on board the 95 I suppose I should start thinking of it as a highly specialized computer and act accordingly!

I've started thinking that way about almost every piece of electronic grear that I own.
post #8683 of 11138 Old 05-13-2012, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Norwood View Post

I've been having this same problem with Netflix since the new software installed, and was reading the board this morning to see if anyone else was having this problem. I've also had the 95 over a yr now, with no previous problems. I also have 12mbps connection, through ATT.

Netflix movies freeze up the machine about once per day, with the only apparent resolution being to shut off power and restart. Last night it froze while watching the two part Scorcese Dylan documentary, No Direction Home. I don't recall if it was part 1 or part 2.

I've also started having problems with the Netflix menu information going absent after watching a movie and returning to the menu, with the only resolution being to go back to the oppo menu and restarting Netflix.

Both these problems started occurring recently, following the most recent os update.

Jay

I had problems with the missing movie list on some titles. I have written to oppo about it. this is on the 93.

Jacob
post #8684 of 11138 Old 05-13-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

You can't overdrive the outputs of the OPPO. They are designed to carry the full volume.

However you CAN overdrive the INPUTS of your preamp, which will result in "clipping" if the preamp doesn't have enough headroom -- i.e., if it is not prepared to handle that much input voltage.

Because of the way XLR works, the audio on XLR is +6dB hotter than the audio on RCA. This can be a problem if you use XLR to RCA cabling. Some XLR inputs also have a selector switch to set whether they are expecting that +6dB hotter or not (in case someone has cabled RCA outs into those XLR ins). If that selector is set to NOT expect the +6dB, then you can have problems.

Now clipping sounds like distinctly harsh distortion, but is not usually described as hissing. In any event it is EASY to tell if you are clipping the inputs of your preamp:

1) Preamp clipping distortion will be 100% repeatable if you play the same content at the same volume settings for the OPPO outputs (combo of speaker Volume Trim settings and the Volume +/- button settings from the Remote).

2) Preamp clipping will *NOT* stop happening just because you power cycle the player. This is why I don't think preamp clipping is what's happening for the original poster, since he reported that power cycling the player allowed him to play the same disc at the same volume without the audio problem.

3) Preamp clipping will only happen in louder passages, and will go away if you lower the output level of the OPPO. I.e., if you use the Volume buttons on the OPPO to lower the player's output level significantly, preamp clipping will go away. Indeed that's just how you cure the problem if your preamp can't handle the analog output voltage levels of the player. Note: It is the volume level of output from the OPPO that matters here, not the main volume setting in your preamp controlling the output level of the speakers.

NOTE: I forget how the Anthem AVM 30 is set up, but in the Anthem D2v there is a Setup menu for Analog Input Levels and if you select the line for the analog input you are using it will show a level bar, updated in real time, so that you can see if a particular passage of music is overdriving the input. If so, in the D2v, you can set an attenuation on that analog input to prevent that from happening.
--Bob

Thanks, Bob -- very interesting. I recall experiencing the hissing similar to what the OP described as opposed to distortion, so just wanted the OP to know that others may have heard it as well and throw out a possibility. It does seem to have gone away for now and hopefully will stay away!
post #8685 of 11138 Old 05-13-2012, 11:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM1415 View Post

My 95 is ran to an Anthem avm20v2 which is pretty much an avm30 and I use both balanced and rca's, indeed the xlr's are 6+db hot after calibration with the Oppo's outputs at the default 0 mark, the sound is pure and clean, I use AudioQuest Columbia balanced and rca and can tell you that the xlr's after a considerable burn in sound better than the rca's, this was not the case at first (a bit harsh sounding) but they now make the rca's sound restricted and flat however upon first insertion it was the rca's that bettered the xlr in terms of tonality and musicality. As Bob said adjusting the input level for the 2ch input on the Anthem keeps the playing field level.

Hope this helps
post #8686 of 11138 Old 05-14-2012, 04:11 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:

Thanks Bob for the advice. I have reset the player to the default settings but that has been quite awhile ago now. A relatively easy thing to do. As for the firmware, since I do not think I downloaded a copy of the December firmware I have been reluctant to update it, for reasons known to readers of this thread. However, if the problem persists, I may go ahead and update it anyway since I have no plans to use the (now lost) functionality. I have wondered if the occasional hiss problem that I have experienced could be related to the fact that I use the DSD direct to analog conversion SACD Output option. In any event, doing the firmware update (or shutting down properly) could possibly eliminate it.

The suggestion to shut off the player before powering down is not something I would have thought of. I would not shut down my system with a disc still in the player, at least not intentionally. I don't change the settings that often and when I do, it does seem the player retains them (and I usually check). But I certainly would not power down my computer without shutting down first. With all the software on board the 95 I suppose I should start thinking of it as a highly specialized computer and act accordingly!

If you are using the North American version of the player (not the EU labeled models), then check the firmware history portion of the first post of the BDP-93 sticky thread at the top of this forum. It contains archived links to the various firmware versions. You can download a copy of the 1219 firmware installer from that link. So long as you have not already gone BEYOND 1219, you can install or re-install the 1219 firmware using the USB stick or burned-disc install methods.
--Bob

post #8687 of 11138 Old 05-14-2012, 04:18 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Norwood View Post

Jay

There is definitely something funky going on with Netflix in the current firmware. OPPO has cases they are studying now to try to figure out if the new firmware broke the app, or if Netflix changed what they are sending in a way that requires an app update.

My guess is that both issues have to do with the network communication protocol between the Netflix app and their servers, but that's just a guess. (I.e., the menu display gets blocked because the app is trying to communicate with the server regarding things like the Resume time code and Ratings.)

For now, the only workaround, as you have found, is to exit Netflix -- either by pressing Home, or perhaps by forcing the player to power down -- and then restart Netflix. Fortunately, the failure is not particularly frequent.

NOTE: The player has a power down "fail safe" that works even if the player has suffered a hard crash. Press the Power button once on the remote or front panel. If normal processing is blocked for any reason, the player will still power down ANYWAY after a delay of 10 seconds or so. I.e., no need to do drastic action like pulling the power cord.

Stay tuned.
--Bob

post #8688 of 11138 Old 05-14-2012, 07:04 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Guys:

I am thinking about getting Oppo BDP-95, primarily for its "audiophile" qualities.

My receiver will be Denon 4311CI.

Could you please advise (or direct me to a source of information) what settings should be used on the Oppo to take full advantage of its superior sound processing, and to avoid any secondary processing by the Denon?

I will be using 5.1 and would like to take full advantage of my both two-channel and surround SACDs using Oppo processing.

I can run either HDMI or 6 analog outs from the Oppo to the Denon.

I apologize if this question has been asked a million times, but this is a 8000-post thread. Hopefully someone knowledgeable can point me in the right direction here.

Thanks
post #8689 of 11138 Old 05-14-2012, 07:16 AM
Read the FAQ!

^ While waiting for any Denon-specific answers, be sure to check out the FAQ and Wiki links found at the top of the first post of this thread. Between those, and the connection and setup advice found in the Manual for the 95 (downloadable as a PDF file from the OPPODigital web site), you'll have a good starting point.
--Bob

post #8690 of 11138 Old 05-14-2012, 07:46 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojtekmk2 View Post

Guys:

I am thinking about getting Oppo BDP-95, primarily for its "audiophile" qualities.

My receiver will be Denon 4311CI.

Could you please advise (or direct me to a source of information) what settings should be used on the Oppo to take full advantage of its superior sound processing, and to avoid any secondary processing by the Denon?

I will be using 5.1 and would like to take full advantage of my both two-channel and surround SACDs using Oppo processing.

I can run either HDMI or 6 analog outs from the Oppo to the Denon.

I apologize if this question has been asked a million times, but this is a 8000-post thread. Hopefully someone knowledgeable can point me in the right direction here.

Thanks

I happen to have a 4311 in my secondary system (I'm using their AVP in my main system). If you really want to do this, you should connect the dedicated 2 channel stereo outputs to an analog input on the Denon and the 5.1/7.1 (depending on how many speakers you are using) outputs to the Ext. In input on the Denon. Also connect HDMI1 out to an HDMI input on the Denon.

Assign the HDMI output to the 2 channel analog input you're using on the Denon. You can then toggle that input between getting audio from the stereo analog input, Ext. In (5.1 / 7.1), and HDMI. To bypass any audio processing in the Denon, select the Pure Direct mode.

That all said, I really think you'd be better off getting a BDP-93, using HDMI for audio, and making use of the Audyssey XT32 that the Denon 4311 offers. Unless you have a well treated listening room AND excellent speakers, I really don't think you're going to benefit from the audio capabilities of the BDP-95.

If you have additional questions about using the 4311 for this purpose (or anything else about the 4311, for that matter), there's an excellent 4311 thread here.
post #8691 of 11138 Old 05-14-2012, 10:31 AM

Hello does anyone know if BDP-95 can do a phantom center channel, that is downmix center to LF and RF equally so you could have NO center amp or speaker and LF and RF provide it?

Useful in small rooms where LF and RF are spaced closely.

Jon
post #8692 of 11138 Old 05-14-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofan1 View Post

My 95 is ran to an Anthem avm20v2 which is pretty much an avm30 and I use both balanced and rca's, indeed the xlr's are 6+db hot after calibration with the Oppo's outputs at the default 0 mark, the sound is pure and clean, I use AudioQuest Columbia balanced and rca and can tell you that the xlr's after a considerable burn in sound better than the rca's, this was not the case at first (a bit harsh sounding) but they now make the rca's sound restricted and flat however upon first insertion it was the rca's that bettered the xlr in terms of tonality and musicality. As Bob said adjusting the input level for the 2ch input on the Anthem keeps the playing field level.

Hope this helps

Thanks for your insight, Audiofan. I felt the same way about the sq through the XLR connection versus the RCA connection, so I scrapped the XLR interconnects. I may try again someday and let them burn in for longer, but will try to match any replacement XLR interconnects with the rest of my system which uses Analysis Plus interconnects. Happy listening!
post #8693 of 11138 Old 05-14-2012, 12:53 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonpaul View Post

Hello does anyone know if BDP-95 can do a phantom center channel, that is downmix center to LF and RF equally so you could have NO center amp or speaker and LF and RF provide it?

Useful in small rooms where LF and RF are spaced closely.

Jon

Yes, on the multi-channel Analog output, or if all you are set up for is Stereo then on the dedicated Stereo Analog outputs.

For the multi-channel Analog output, set the Center speaker to OFF in Speaker Configuration.
--Bob

post #8694 of 11138 Old 05-14-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post

That all said, I really think you'd be better off getting a BDP-93, using HDMI for audio, and making use of the Audyssey XT32 that the Denon 4311 offers. Unless you have a well treated listening room AND excellent speakers, I really don't think you're going to benefit from the audio capabilities of the BDP-95.

Thanks, gsr; I really appreciate your advice.

Does your comment above refer to a NuForce-chipped BDP-93 (Xtreme), or a regular BDP-93?

Somehow the links automatically generated for BDP-93 by AVS take one to a Nu-Force chipped 93 on ebay...

I would love to use the Audyssey chip in my 4311 for 5.1 listening, as speaker positioning in my room is highly irregular and I am hoping that Audyssey will help in that regard.

Also, I like using the idea of only using one HDMI cable from my Oppo to my Denon.
post #8695 of 11138 Old 05-14-2012, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Quote:

Does your comment above refer to a NuForce-chipped BDP-93 (Xtreme), or a regular BDP-93?

Somehow the links automatically generated for BDP-93 by AVS take one to a Nu-Force chipped 93 on ebay...

I would love to use the Audyssey chip in my 4311 for 5.1 listening, as speaker positioning in my room is highly irregular and I am hoping that Audyssey will help in that regard.

Also, I like using the idea of only using one HDMI cable from my Oppo to my Denon.

I think under this set up any BD/SACD players (stable FW) with HDMI will get you the same result. I would read carefully about some BD/SACD players, i.e. "pop....."
post #8696 of 11138 Old 05-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:

No, those NuForce players are modded by NuForce to upgrade the Analog audio outputs. Kind of a different approach to what the OPPO BDP-95 is offering.

But what GSR is recommending is that you use the HDMI (digital) audio to your Denon.

I.e., the standard OPPO BDP-93 as sold direct by OPPO at the OPPODigital web site, or via places like Amazon -- list price $499 -- is the type of OPPO you should be looking at.

www.oppodigital.com

--Bob

post #8697 of 11138 Old 05-14-2012, 03:24 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

I wonder why the AVS software is doing that. The link suggested by Bob is also the OPPO link at the top of every AVS page.

The standard 93 seems to be the best fit for your digital situation.
post #8698 of 11138 Old 05-14-2012, 03:35 PM

Thanks, everyone. Excellent, to-the-point advice. That's why I love this forum. Once I get the BDP-93 I will read up both on it and the Denon 4311CI to find out the best settings, bass management, Audyssey setup, etc.

post #8699 of 11138 Old 05-14-2012, 04:01 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Thanks, everyone. Excellent, to-the-point advice. That's why I love this forum. Once I get the BDP-93 I will read up both on it and the Denon 4311CI to find out the best settings, bass management, Audyssey setup, etc.

For the kind of contribution that I personally made, I accept payment in barter -- say a Denon 4311CI in good condition.
post #8700 of 11138 Old 05-14-2012, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob305 View Post

I had problems with the missing movie list on some titles. I have written to oppo about it. this is on the 93.

Jacob

I've had that happen on a couple of titles, only to find out that netflix no longer streams that movie so it was dropped from my que. You'd think that once they started streaming a movie that they always would, but no.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 95 Blu Ray Disc Player , Blu Ray Players , Oppo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page