Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
3D menu & volume display

Hi guys,
This player is a 3D-player, but when I enter the 3D mode to play a movie
both the player menu, volume progress bar and sometimes the subtitles
are visible just for my right eye. In the left eye I can not see anything or
aside moved menu or the other displayed things.
That does not seem to be normal

By my friend, that has the Oppo 103D and a 4K TV the problem
is also present

What should I do to see that all properly while playing 3D blurays
or MKV movies ??
(my TV is a SONY KDL-46W905A - a new one)

Any hint would be very appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11132 of 11146 Old 07-08-2014, 12:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 114
^ So what is the problem exactly? Are the subtitles not readable when they are on screen?
Why are you watching with only one eye? AFAIK, Captain Jack Sparrow doesn't wear an eye patch.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
post #11133 of 11146 Old 07-08-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riwi View Post
Hi Jan,
My 95 was software modded to be a US player. At the time I could not live with the fact that the EU model would not play mp3. It does now but my EU player is still US in firmware.

Regards Richard
Hi Richard

Thanks for fast reply - sorry to hear that as I had hoped for a verification...
How did you mod it to be a US version?

Regards
Jan

Oppo BDP 95 | Pioneer SC-LX87 | Panasonic P50VT20 | Pro-Ject RPM 5.1
Fronts: JBL L-112, Center: JBL LS Center, Backs: JBL Control One Pro, Sub: Velodyne SPL-1200 Ultra
post #11134 of 11146 Old 07-08-2014, 02:01 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
The shop that sold it to me did that. I don't know how it was done exactly. The online stuff does not work because I am in the EU but I don't care about that.
post #11135 of 11146 Old 07-09-2014, 11:32 AM

^ Thanks for the answers Richard

(=) Jan

Oppo BDP 95 | Pioneer SC-LX87 | Panasonic P50VT20 | Pro-Ject RPM 5.1
Fronts: JBL L-112, Center: JBL LS Center, Backs: JBL Control One Pro, Sub: Velodyne SPL-1200 Ultra
post #11136 of 11146 Old 07-12-2014, 08:51 AM

I recently looked at an old (secrets of home theater) review of the Integra DHC 80.1 processor, August 2010. In a laudatory review Chris Eberle suggested that the digital coaxial input for CD's provided the best sound by a significant margin. He was using an Oppo BDP 83 as a source. He an a reference to jitter which I was able to link to. I assume that this means that this setup was utilizing the DAC's in the Integra rather than the Oppo. I have a 95 and and an Onkyo 886. I've now tried that hookup. Other than somewhat higher gain, I'm not sure I notice anything different. I would suspect that using the analog outs would take advantage of what should be superior 95 DAC's. Am I thinking about this correctly?
post #11137 of 11146 Old 07-12-2014, 08:53 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 796
^ Digital audio output (HDMI or Optical/Coax) uses the DACs in the AVR only.

Analog audio output uses the DACs in the OPPO, and may *ALSO* use the DACs in the AVR if the AVR re-digitizes that Analog audio input for audio processing (e.g., Room Correction).
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #11138 of 11146 Old 07-12-2014, 11:59 AM

Bypass

Thanks,

I think I'm able to bypass the Onkyo DACs and processing when I choose analog inputs for CD and chose direct feed.
post #11139 of 11146 Old 07-19-2014, 06:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
The hd connected to the USB port works perfectly. Now I would like to use the OPPO as a DAC, ie. to convert the outputs from the PCs digital outputs (coax or toslink) but it doesn't seem to work. Coax and toslink are labelled as outputs in the OPPO manual. I read elsewhere I can do this using the USB - but I would need to have a male to male USB connector to do this. They are available but will it work? I can't seem to find anywhere to select additional inputs but it may be that as they are detected they will show up under the music selection like the hd does. Can the 95 be used as a dac for external sources?

Thanks in advance for any response.
post #11140 of 11146 Old 07-19-2014, 06:56 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober58 View Post
The hd connected to the USB port works perfectly. Now I would like to use the OPPO as a DAC, ie. to convert the outputs from the PCs digital outputs (coax or toslink) but it doesn't seem to work. Coax and toslink are labelled as outputs in the OPPO manual. I read elsewhere I can do this using the USB - but I would need to have a male to male USB connector to do this. They are available but will it work? I can't seem to find anywhere to select additional inputs but it may be that as they are detected they will show up under the music selection like the hd does. Can the 95 be used as a dac for external sources?

Thanks in advance for any response.
Welcome to AVSForum.

The audio ports are output only. The USB ports are for mass storage devices only, so you need to mount a hard drive or USB stick.

You can access sources via a DLNA server.

The 103/105 series adds digital inputs.

-Bill
post #11141 of 11146 Old 07-19-2014, 08:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thank you wmcclain. I guess I'm in the market for an inexpensive, but decent quality DAC to convert my PCs toslink/coax digital output to line level analog for my preamp. Oh well this system will have two sources, a PC with a DAC and the OPPO-BD95. Come to think of it it's not like the videos I want to hear via the PC are high quality in the first place. But it would have been nice bypassing the OPPO hd gui and using foobar or iTunes instead.

Thanks again.
post #11142 of 11146 Old 07-21-2014, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I have a Oppo BDP95 which has performed admirably since I bought it new over a year ago... Recently I have been having HDMI synching issues. Sometimes when skipping chapters, I would lose audio. The receiver will change from DTS HD Master to stereo on the display (which is the default when no signal is received). Now, when I power on the system, the receiver will sometimes not recognize the Oppo, the display showing no source.

I changed the HDMI cable and that did not resolve the issue. I also have a Pioneer BDP-09FD and it has not shown any problems when used, leading me to believe the issue is the Oppo. Any ideas?

I did a full reset on the Oppo last night. I hope maybe that will resolve the issue. Crossing my fingers. It is on the latest firmware. I think the issues appeared after the firmware was upgraded.

If it's not a BIG screen, it's not a theater...
post #11143 of 11146 Old 07-21-2014, 10:48 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 796
^ Get a flashlight and check the HDMI sockets and plugs for bent pins -- both ends of every cable in the HDMI signal path.

Note that new cables came sometimes be the cause of problems because kinks in the cable (from packaging) tug on the plugs. It only takes a small shift of plug in socket to screw things up.

Check whether the problems still exist with a lower bandwidth HDMI signal. Set the player's output to 480p (not 480i), and turn Deep Color OFF. Also set explicit choices for HDMI Color Space (YCbCr 4:4:4 is the usual default) and audio type. I.e., set HDMI LPCM or HDMI Bitstream, not AUTO.

If 480p and 1080i work but 1080p does not, check whether the problem is use of 1080p/24 output.

This is all just gathering evidence to see if the problem really is in the HDMI connections or something else.

Another thing to try is to switch the OPPO to an input on your AVR that is working well with some other device. This can help tell whether the problem is in the OPPO or in that AVR input.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #11144 of 11146 Old Today, 12:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hey OPPO owners, help me understand something ...How is it that the models, BDP-95 and 93 are being apparently sold for a considerably higher price than original (and current price of the of the standard BDP-103) on the used market??????(BDP-83s and BDP-85s are being marketed at over current 103 prices too!!!--on ebay, Amazon, audiomart, audiogon, etc)
post #11145 of 11146 Old Today, 04:12 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcrpro3 View Post
Hey OPPO owners, help me understand something ...How is it that the models, BDP-95 and 93 are being apparently sold for a considerably higher price than original (and current price of the of the standard BDP-103) on the used market??????(BDP-83s and BDP-85s are being marketed at over current 103 prices too!!!--on ebay, Amazon, audiomart, audiogon, etc)
Some have region-free hardware mods, which is value added.

The older players also have pre-sunset analog outputs, which some people still need, although that is a shrinking population with time.

The older players do not enforce Cinavia, which is a benefit to some.

For a few brief months, the BDP-93 and -95 had firmware which would play DVD and Blu-ray ISO files. Players with that firmware command a premium.

Otherwise: some outlets are just "sellers markets". I'm often surprised at what people are willing to pay on ebay. It makes no sense.

-Bill
post #11146 of 11146 Old Today, 07:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 114
^There's a sucker born every day... on eBay

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 95 Blu Ray Disc Player , Blu Ray Players , Oppo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page