Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #11191 of 11215 Old 08-23-2014, 07:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 262
I am having a problem with Blu Ray Season TV shows locking up.

Examples of new Blu Ray releases.
Boardwalk Empire, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Justified.

It seems if you use "Play All" the Oppo BDP 95 will lock up after the first or second episode. When this happens the work around is to Stop playing, delete the memory in the Oppo, eject and then re-install the disc.
Once you get the menu back up, you must use "select episode". After that when the episode is done there should be a new menu pop up that let's you select the next episode.

My 95 has the latest firmware.
Main Version: BDP9x-80-0513
Loader Version: CN0900
Sub Version: MCU93-09-0218 (BDP-93), MCU95-08-0218 (BDP-95)

Is this a known issue for the 93/95 Oppo.?

ss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11192 of 11215 Old 08-23-2014, 07:04 PM
AVS Special Member

I am having a problem with Blu Ray Season TV shows locking up.

Examples of new Blu Ray releases.
Boardwalk Empire, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Justified.

It seems if you use "Play All" the Oppo BDP 95 will lock up after the first or second episode. When this happens the work around is to Stop playing, delete the memory in the Oppo, eject and then re-install the disc.
Once you get the menu back up, you must use "select episode". After that when the episode is done there should be a new menu pop up that let's you select the next episode.

My 95 has the latest firmware.
Main Version: BDP9x-80-0513
Loader Version: CN0900
Sub Version: MCU93-09-0218 (BDP-93), MCU95-08-0218 (BDP-95)

Is this a known issue for the 93/95 Oppo.?

ss
post #11193 of 11215 Old 08-23-2014, 07:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 129
@ sillysally^ Not a known problem, otherwise this thread would be filled with people who have the same issues.
Check your connections, and cables, and firmware on other devices.
You may want to try resetting it to factory default settings.
Can also try REinstalling the latest fw too via usb method, then reset to default and see if that fixes it.
Those are standard things to try to troubleshoot such issues.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
post #11194 of 11215 Old 08-24-2014, 10:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Here is one more you can add to the list. "The Following"

Tried my old Pioneer BDP 09, updated to the latest software last night. NP playing these Blu Ray disc's.

The Blu Ray disc's play's fine in the Oppo, until the next one or two episode changes, then the Oppo BDP 95 locks up.

The Oppo BDP 95 acts just like a firmware update is required for series type Blu Ray disc's . Given the the fact that Oppo has only had one official update in the last year for the 95 (probably the 93 is the same).

I am starting to think Oppo really isn't very interested in supporting these last generation Blu Ray players.

ss
post #11195 of 11215 Old 08-25-2014, 04:26 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post

I am starting to think Oppo really isn't very interested in supporting these last generation Blu Ray players.

ss
Have you reported your experience to OPPO?

-Bill
post #11196 of 11215 Old 08-25-2014, 05:33 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

-Bill
+1

Oppo can't know all the issues with BR's. We as consumers need to keep them updated with information so they can address issues we find.
post #11197 of 11215 Old 08-25-2014, 06:12 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Maybe you could try going 1 firmware step back?
I am watching Lost S1 and S2 with seasonplay on my 95 with older firmware and don't have problems watching many episodes in a row
post #11198 of 11215 Old 08-25-2014, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

-Bill
No.

Please feel free to forward my post's links to Oppo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riwi View Post
Maybe you could try going 1 firmware step back?
I am watching Lost S1 and S2 with seasonplay on my 95 with older firmware and don't have problems watching many episodes in a row
I don't have the older firmware, and I don't think you can roll back firmware to a older version.

However you may have a good suggestion about older firmware not having the lock up issues. I don't recall any issues with my Oppo 95 four or five months back for these types of Blu Rays. And there seems to be no issues with my old Pioneer 09 and the few Blu Ray disc's I tried last night.

So the logical conclusion would be the firmware is causing these issues.

ss
post #11199 of 11215 Old 08-25-2014, 08:26 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
No.

Wait. I'm not having the problem, you are. Before complaining that OPPO doesn't care you should at least give Support a chance.

-Bill
post #11200 of 11215 Old 08-25-2014, 08:39 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
No.

Wow... Where's the dislike button?

We don't work for Oppo here. It's up to YOU to report an issue to them if you expect them to fix it. You shouldn't assume that they read these forums nor should you expect someone else to report an issue for you (we aren't your messenger boys). Those of us posting here do so on our own time on our own dime.
Smarty-pants and quad4.0 like this.
post #11201 of 11215 Old 08-25-2014, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrecording View Post
+1

Oppo can't know all the issues with BR's. We as consumers need to keep them updated with information so they can address issues we find.
Why should we Oppo's customers have to inform Oppo. Or send them are disc's so they can see what's what.

Oppo should be monitoring these thread's if they are interested in customer satisfaction. Don't forget Oppo is a advertiser/sponsor and has a large customer base here on AVS.
Also Oppo as I have said, has only had one official update in a year for are BDP 95/93.

Most vendors that advertiser/sponsor here on AVS, also monitor there threads and respond.

ss
post #11202 of 11215 Old 08-25-2014, 08:44 AM

Quote:
I don't have the older firmware, and I don't think you can roll back firmware to a older version.
I think you are right :
Quote:
Special Notice:
  1. Once this firmware version is installed on the player, you will not be able to revert back to any previous official or public beta firmware. There will be no problem upgrading to any future official or beta firmware release.
  2. It is recommended that you perform a "Reset Factory Defaults" operation after the firmware is installed. Please write down your special settings before doing this, and remember to re-apply your settings and adjust the proper volume level (if applicable) before you play any content.
Did you do the factory reset as recommended in 2. ?

I keep older firmware for the 93/95 at http://etmriwi.xs4all.nl/oppo/bdp9x-us/
But apparently this is of no use to you.

I think you should mail Oppo about your problem if the factory reset does not fix your problem.

Regards Richard
post #11203 of 11215 Old 08-25-2014, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
Wow... Where's the dislike button?

We don't work for Oppo here. It's up to YOU to report an issue to them if you expect them to fix it. You shouldn't assume that they read these forums nor should you expect someone else to report an issue for you (we aren't your messenger boys). Those of us posting here do so on our own time on our own dime.
Of course I know we are not messenger's.

If you look I also post to help folks. I don't post in the Oppo threads because there are four or five guys that are well verse in these players.

Think before you post. Being rude or jumping to conclusions is no excuse for posting anything.
post #11204 of 11215 Old 08-25-2014, 08:57 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
Why should we Oppo's customers have to inform Oppo. Or send them are disc's so they can see what's what.
Perhaps because they can't reasonably be expected to purchase a copy of EVERY disc that comes out.

Quote:
Oppo should be monitoring these thread's if they are interested in customer satisfaction. Don't forget Oppo is a advertiser/sponsor and has a large customer base here on AVS.
Even if they monitor these threads, it would be pretty easy for them to miss a post here or there. Their primary forms of support are via phone and email (there's an easy to use contact form on their web site).

The bottom line, despite your expectations for others to do your legwork for you (as if we have nothing important we need to do with our time), is that if you expect them to fix a problem, it's up to you to let them know there's a problem that needs fixing. If you don't do that, you have no reasonable expectation that the problem will get fixed.
Smarty-pants likes this.
post #11205 of 11215 Old 08-25-2014, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by riwi View Post
I think you are right :

Did you do the factory reset as recommended in 2. ?

I keep older firmware for the 93/95 at http://etmriwi.xs4all.nl/oppo/bdp9x-us/
But apparently this is of no use to you.

I think you should mail Oppo about your problem if the factory reset does not fix your problem.

Regards Richard
So you are saying I can roll back the firmware on the 95, that being the case I will DL the last older version of firmware from you. Thank you for offering.

Yes I have had many disc turners over the years, and at one time was very active on the Pioneer Blu Ray players threads and also Oppo. So yes I have already done all of the above before I originally posted.

ss
post #11206 of 11215 Old 08-25-2014, 09:10 AM

Quote:
So you are saying I can roll back the firmware on the 95, that being the case I will DL the last older version of firmware from you. Thank you for offering.
No the quote from the firmware page says you can't downgrade.
In the past this was possible so I collect older firmwares as a hobby.

If you report the problem to Oppo yourself they may ask you to provide details of settings or details about the disk.No one else can supply this info better then you yourself. Also communication lines are shorter and therefore quicker by contacting them by mail yourself.
I have good experience with Oppo support in the past where they made me aware of the 'force3D' setting that I needed to set in order to play 3D.
post #11207 of 11215 Old 08-25-2014, 09:15 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 847
^ If you currently have the Official, 0513, firmware installed you will not be able to roll back to older firmware.

I've not seen any other reports of the type of disc problem you are reporting against the 0513 firmware, but you really should get in touch with OPPO Tech Support to see if THEY already have information on this, including, possibly a workaround.

If you give them the details on the disc (the bar code number from the packaging is particularly useful) they can check it themselves.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #11208 of 11215 Old 08-25-2014, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Of course I know we are not messenger's.

If you look I also post to help folks. I don't post in the Oppo threads because there are four or five guys that are well verse in these players.

Think before you post. Being rude or jumping to conclusions is no excuse for posting anything.
Oppo has one hell of a terrific support team, I have been extremely impressed by the response and help they will give the product. You need to to approach them, and explain the issue to them, because the issue is specific to your player evidently. Yes, there are experts here who know these units inside out, but you must know that the people who made the thing are the best source to determine what is going on here.
In fact, I bet they will respond immediately. I am speaking from my own experiences with them. I have yet to see a better CS operation from any manufacturer.
You need to take care of your own, the good folks here don't know everything-just most of it!
All the firm ware upgrades they issue are mostly from consumer issues brought up by use.
post #11209 of 11215 Old 08-25-2014, 09:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Perhaps because they can't reasonably be expected to purchase a copy of EVERY disc that comes out.
No but I have given five different titles, all are TV series Blu Ray's, all with the same issues. I am sure I can come up with more TV series Blu Rays with the same issues.
So my question is if in fact this is a firmware issue, Oppo may not have tried any new TV series Blu Rays on are 95/93. After all one official firmware update in one year doesn't suggest Oppo is really tiring hard to insure are 93/95 Oppo's are at there peak performance.

Quote:
Even if they monitor these threads, it would be pretty easy for them to miss a post here or there.
Well in this case they will have to miss this whole page.

Quote:
The bottom line, despite your expectations for others to do your legwork for you (as if we have nothing important we need to do with our time), is that if you expect them to fix a problem, it's up to you to let them know there's a problem that needs fixing. If you don't do that, you have no reasonable expectation that the problem will get fixed.
I don't expect anybody to do my leg work for me. Please read my original post on this issue. I only ask if others had any issues as I am having.

I am sorry if you have some kind of a special interest with Oppo. And why you seem to be so defensive, when my suggestion helps all of us owners of Oppo players.

As I said many other vendors/sponsors do monitor and reply here on AVS. Why should Oppo be any different.?
When was the last time a Oppo representative replied here on AVS?
Oppo Blu Ray players are not cheap, although they are pretty much bit perfect.

btw, At one time I was a beta tester for Nuforce/Oppo with Oppo's first Blu Ray player's analog enhancement, forerunner to the Oppo 95/105.
[/QUOTE]

ss
post #11210 of 11215 Old 08-25-2014, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks to the guys that did try and help.

I took your suggestion and called Oppo, they are very interested in helping.
When I get my 95 back from Oppo, I will report on how it is working.

btw, I was correct. Oppo said I/you can't rollback firmware to a older version.
Also Oppo said they do monitor there threads but will not respond.

ss
post #11211 of 11215 Old 08-25-2014, 10:31 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
I took your suggestion and called Oppo, they are very interested in helping.
See, a bunch of people all saying the same thing (get in contact with Oppo yourself) just might be on to something. I'm sure they'll get your player repaired (if needed) and returned to you in a jiffy. Obviously, if a firmware update is needed to address the problem, that could take a while depending on exactly what the issue is.
post #11212 of 11215 Old 08-25-2014, 08:11 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
It seems I can't audio from my Oppo95 HDMI 1 output! HDMI 2 is ok!
I already set it as primary output, set the "video only" to NO and nothing... I still have the last firmware that plays ISO files and don't want to update!
It is connected to a Marantz AV8801 processor.
One more thing, when the disc starts and the oppo plays the menu, if there's a stereo audio there, I can hear it. But no multichannel out when the movie starts.

Any ideas?

Sorry for bad english...
post #11213 of 11215 Old 08-25-2014, 08:24 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrangel View Post
I already set it as primary output, set the "video only" to NO and nothing... I still have the last firmware that plays ISO files and don't want to update!
One more thing, when the disc starts and the oppo plays the menu, if there's a stereo audio there, I can hear it. But no multichannel out when the movie starts.

Any ideas?

Jot down your settings, do a Reset Factory Defaults, power off the player and pull the power plug for about 10 seconds (to insure a complete reboot), power up and see if you now get the expected audio on HDMI 1 using the Factory Default settings. Double-check that you have not confused the HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 outputs.

If you get audio, then re-enter your desired settings until the problem returns (if it does) and that will clue you in.

If you do NOT get audio, give OPPO Tech Support a call, as your player may need service.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #11214 of 11215 Old 08-25-2014, 08:25 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrangel View Post

Any ideas?
Given that you don't want to update the firmware and lose ISO support, I'd suggest starting with a reset to factory defaults (this won't change your firmware version, it just clears all the settings to their default values so everything is in a known state).
post #11215 of 11215 Old 08-25-2014, 08:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Given that you don't want to update the firmware and lose ISO support, I'd suggest starting with a reset to factory defaults (this won't change your firmware version, it just clears all the settings to their default values so everything is in a known state).
Thank for the reply! Already did it! didn't work.
Maybe it's some handshake problem with the marantz?

Sorry for bad english...
post #11216 of 11215 Old 08-25-2014, 08:41 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ For your testing, make sure you only have 1 HDMI cable (from the HDMI 1 output) physically connected.
--Bob

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 95 Blu Ray Disc Player , Blu Ray Players , Oppo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page