6Likes

post #11251 of 11259 Old 10-07-2014, 07:51 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Official OPPO BDP-95 Owner's Thread

I've checked into this thread from time to time the better part of a year. Has Oppo released a firmware update to address the 3D and component skipping of frames when the wifi dongle is connected to the player? This bug was introduced in the previous FW update, and I recall they were working on a fix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11252 of 11259 Old 10-13-2014, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Not yet, no. There will be a new firmware that will address issues related to subtitles not appearing properly with some Blu-rays, but as far as I know the issue with 3D playback and the Wireless Dongle have not been addressed.
post #11253 of 11259 Old 10-18-2014, 03:24 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus00 View Post
when playing hi rez flac files (96/24) via usb it pauses for half a second sometimes. Very annoying. Files play fine from computer or when I burn a dvd-a. I really hope they fix this issue. Playing via usb is very convenient but with the problems it has playing his rez flac freezing up I will be forced to move away from using the oppo as much to play music that is not on hard media. Of course this issue is separate from the already frustrating issue wiht flac not playing seamlessly. If the player is not where it should be regarding usb playback then they should say so and not advertise it plays hi rez.

This is an old post but I am having the same problem. I just downloaded FLAC 96/24 files from HD Tracks to a USB. I get this split second drop randomly. Was this issue ever resolved. My player tells me that I have the latest firmware. I did a factory reset and still the same thing.
post #11254 of 11259 Old 10-18-2014, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 175
This is not a known issue with FLAC playback. Provide OPPO samples so they can replicate the issues in-house and work on addressing them through firmware.
post #11255 of 11259 Old 10-19-2014, 12:57 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post
This is not a known issue with FLAC playback. Provide OPPO samples so they can replicate the issues in-house and work on addressing them through firmware.
This WAS a known issue with a number of purchases from HD tracks, along with many of their hi-res downloads not, in fact, being hi-res downloads, but dolled-up redbook quality (that is, 16bit, 44.1 sampling put into a 24bit, 96k container). I vaguely recall it being reported that some labels supplying their download masters to HDTracks with some form of DRM or copyright still being in the tracks, and HDTracks not picking this up when putting the albums onto their website, causing playback problems for customers.
In other words, not an Oppo issue, but a an issue of some of HDTracks downloads.
greylight44 likes this.
post #11256 of 11259 Old 10-19-2014, 11:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaudio View Post
This WAS a known issue with a number of purchases from HD tracks, along with many of their hi-res downloads not, in fact, being hi-res downloads, but dolled-up redbook quality (that is, 16bit, 44.1 sampling put into a 24bit, 96k container). I vaguely recall it being reported that some labels supplying their download masters to HDTracks with some form of DRM or copyright still being in the tracks, and HDTracks not picking this up when putting the albums onto their website, causing playback problems for customers.
In other words, not an Oppo issue, but a an issue of some of HDTracks downloads.

I'm beginning to think that this is the problem. Were they made aware of this problem? I'm going to contact them. I'm surprised that they have not taken care of this problem. This was the first time that I used them and it was with a newer band. I will not use them again to download music if they can't fix this problem.
The album that I downloaded was $15. This loss of signal makes it hard to listen to the music. I have an older 70s stereo system so at first it made me think something was wrong with my system.
post #11257 of 11259 Old 10-19-2014, 02:24 PM
Advanced Member

I contacted HDtracks but they are trying to tell me it is a equipment problem

I converted the same FLAC files to WAV files and the problem got worse. Is it because I'm using a USB drive? Maybe putting on a DVD would be better?
post #11258 of 11259 Old 10-19-2014, 02:34 PM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 905
^ Get in touch with OPPO Tech Support with details on the tracks giving you grief and they can check it out. OPPO knows what the issue is with older HDTracks files, and should be able to tell if that's what's going on here.

It is possible, but frankly pretty unlikely, that a "slow" USB drive might give you problems. However the data rate for audio tracks is tiny compared to video, and most USB drives do just fine for video.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #11259 of 11259 Old 10-19-2014, 03:25 PM
Advanced Member

I will call OPPO and see what they say. I did re-encode the files down to zero compression and it seems to have almost fixed the problem. I am going to try another USB drive also and see what happens.
Thanks everyone for the help.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 95 Blu Ray Disc Player , Blu Ray Players , Oppo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page