Official OPPO BDP-95 Owner's Thread - Page 394 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 46Likes

post #11791 of 11802 Old 11-26-2016, 06:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 72
I finally got rid of my old plasma and my old non-HDMI receiver, and replaced them both with a new Samsung 4K TV and a new Yamaha receiver with HDMI (but no analog inputs like on my old receiver).

And now I can't get any sound whatsoever from my BDP-95 player! Also get occasional short pink screens when changing from one video mode to another (starting the main movie from a menu, etc).

The input info on the receiver shows it's receiving no audio data whatsoever, even though the player is showing "5.1 channel DTS-MA" or whatever mode the disc is in. Swapping in a brand new HDMI cable didn't help.

I've done the reset to factory defaults and run the Easy Setup again, but that didn't help, either.

The receiver works fine with Roku/FireTV and such, just the blu-ray player is having problems.

I think there's nothing actually wrong with the player since it's been flawless for years, and that I just have some setting wrong.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Bob Simandl ... somewhere near St. Louis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11792 of 11802 Old 11-27-2016, 12:06 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Simandl View Post
I finally got rid of my old plasma and my old non-HDMI receiver, and replaced them both with a new Samsung 4K TV and a new Yamaha receiver with HDMI (but no analog inputs like on my old receiver).

And now I can't get any sound whatsoever from my BDP-95 player! Also get occasional short pink screens when changing from one video mode to another (starting the main movie from a menu, etc).
I think there's nothing actually wrong with the player since it's been flawless for years, and that I just have some setting wrong.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
Have you made sure that you have associated the sound input from your 95 with the video from your 95 in your new receiver's input settings, and that your receiver is set to find both from the same hdmi input port??

Also, on the 95, are you using its hdmi 1 or hdmi 2 port? Also on the 95, check under the Setup, Audio Format Setup, HDMI Audio that you haven't set that to "Off"

Last edited by madaudio; 11-27-2016 at 12:16 AM.
post #11793 of 11802 Old 11-27-2016, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The input info on the receiver shows it's receiving no audio data whatsoever, even though the player is showing "5.1 channel DTS-MA" or whatever mode the disc is in. Swapping in a brand new HDMI cable didn't help.

I've done the reset to factory defaults and run the Easy Setup again, but that didn't help, either.

The receiver works fine with Roku/FireTV and such, just the blu-ray player is having problems.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
Well, forwarded my issue to Oppo tech support.

They had me manually download and do a USB install of new firmware that doesn't come up when you have the player check for updates.

It worked, end of problem.

I'm not posting the update or it's location, since Oppo apparently doesn't want everyone installing it and I assume there's a reason for that.
Smarty-pants likes this.

post #11794 of 11802 Old 11-27-2016, 08:43 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Glad to hear it got solved.

I've had my 95 for about 4 or 5 years, and I am very happy to say other than having to do a re-start once and a while I have had no other problems with it.
post #11795 of 11802 Old 11-27-2016, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Okay, think I see why this particular firmware update isn't readily available for everyone.

While it solves my pink screen/no audio issues, it leaves the player dead and unresponsive to the remote for several minutes after stopping disc playback. After that several minutes, the player rights itself and works okay again. Definitely the lesser of the two evils, but unless you suddenly get pink screens and lose all audio, stick with the firmware ya already got.

post #11796 of 11802 Old 11-28-2016, 11:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 548 Post(s)
Liked: 395
Quote:
Okay, think I see why this particular firmware update isn't readily available for everyone.

While it solves my pink screen/no audio issues, it leaves the player dead and unresponsive to the remote for several minutes after stopping disc playback. After that several minutes, the player rights itself and works okay again. Definitely the lesser of the two evils, but unless you suddenly get pink screens and lose all audio, stick with the firmware ya already got.
Have you tried resetting the player back to factory default settings after updating the firmware?
If you try that and you still have freezing issues after that, then be sure to let Oppo know about it.
post #11797 of 11802 Old 11-28-2016, 08:08 PM
vld
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
No matter what, if Oppo has released a firmware update for this player, I would not think that it should be exhibiting issues as you have described, unless it is an alpha or extremely early beta version.

Could there possibly be another hidden issue lurking some where? I dunno!

Just make sure that you let Oppo know what you are experiencing.
post #11798 of 11802 Old 11-29-2016, 07:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Factory reset didn't help, player still takes forever to respond to the remote after playing a disc. Email sent to Oppo. Thanks.

post #11799 of 11802 Old 11-29-2016, 06:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Here's Oppo's reply:

This is a known issue with the firmware which is why the firmware is not available to the general public. You will need to turn off the player then turn the player back on to resume using the player after stopping a disc.

Wow, did I have the situation pegged or what?

post #11800 of 11802 Old Yesterday, 04:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Been browsing the manual and this site, but can't find information on how I turn the player's display permanently on (turns off after a few secs).

What's the trick?
post #11801 of 11802 Old Yesterday, 04:31 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2099 Post(s)
Liked: 1061
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdr30 View Post
Been browsing the manual and this site, but can't find information on how I turn the player's display permanently on (turns off after a few secs).

What's the trick?
The Dimmer button on the remote. Also available in the Setup menu.

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #11802 of 11802 Old Today, 04:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post
The Dimmer button on the remote. Also available in the Setup menu.

-Bill
Thanks, should have found that but I got my player from an Italian who'd bought it in Hong Kong so the remote is in Chinese.

Use it mainly for audio, excellent with cd, sacd and 192/24 FLAC from USB/hard drive.

Stefan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , Oppo , Oppo Bdp 95 Blu Ray Disc Player