Official OPPO BDP-95 Owner's Thread - Page 397 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 61Likes

Old Today, 11:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post
OPPO has backlit remotes for the 103 series for $12. The codes are the same across the models; the button layout changes very slightly.

Check out the enlarged image to ensure it isn't missing anything you need: http://www.oppodigital.com/proddetai...xRemote&cat=23

Also: have you contacted OPPO? They might have a few onhand even if not listed at the online store.

-Bill
I have never had the need to contact Oppo Support before but boy, do they respond fast!

They do not have anymore BDP-95 backlit remotes, but they did recommend the one for the BDP-105 for around $12. I bought one for everyday use and will retire my OEM -95 remote in case I sell my unit, as it's probably still fine. I prefer the beefy backlit models.

My -95 remote was having a problem with not turning on the unit, but Oppo said to just reset the remote code on the unit. I'm at work so I'll try that when I get home. I should have learned a lesson from my vintage Toshiba RD-XS HDD recorders to get spare remotes when they are available. These were discontinued in 2006 or so and the factory remotes are impossible to find now. Factory remotes in brand new or cherry condition do increase the sale value of these recorders on Ebay as most are listed w/o remotes.

What's interesting about the non-backlit BDP-95 remotes is they are selling for $26-32 on Ebay or Amazon when you can get them direct from Oppo for $8! Oppo is probably selling them for close to wholesale price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Blu Ray Players , Oppo , Oppo Bdp 95 Blu Ray Disc Player