official pioneer BDP43FD BD player - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 75 Old 04-23-2011, 10:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Hooked up the Pany 210. It loads fast. Just getting going. No issues so far. Played the recorded demo almost as fast as the disc closed. Little exaggeration but really, not much longer. Definitely much faster than the Pioneer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 75 Old 04-23-2011, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
you know the product is a complete dud when the owner's threads last five posts are about what other player to buy!
post #63 of 75 Old 04-26-2011, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I am waiting for someone from pioneer to send a note asking me to contact them to hear my concerns and in exchange they will accept this player as a return. Until then, I guess I will continue to send this player into the grave by telling everyone I know to stay away. As I have said many times this player is a total rip off, do not buy one at ANY cost, it's rediculous how sad this is, it can't even operate as well as a player I got at walBart. And as I mentioned I also own a SC37 which is fantastic!
post #64 of 75 Old 04-27-2011, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post

I am waiting for someone from pioneer to send a note asking me to contact them to hear my concerns and in exchange they will accept this player as a return. Until then, I guess I will continue to send this player into the grave by telling everyone I know to stay away. As I have said many times this player is a total rip off, do not buy one at ANY cost, it's rediculous how sad this is, it can't even operate as well as a player I got at walBart. And as I mentioned I also own a SC37 which is fantastic!

Sad very sad indeed! Pioneer needs to get their act together again otherwise they will fold all together. My HD1 is still working awesome and I refuse to replace it with something else. I seriously wanted to upgrade with another Elite BD player over the past few years but I waited, read reviews and realized that besides a little faster load times I would not be gaining anything. Hopefully Pioneer will soon see the light and start building quality Pioneer only players. Could you imagine if they went ahead and built their Kuros with Sharp like they originally planned on doing!

Go Celtics!
post #65 of 75 Old 04-28-2011, 02:29 AM

Liked: 11
Hey guys,

I´m not sure you´ve seen some UK forums but we have pretty much the same saaaaaaaad situation in the EU with BDP-430/LX-54..the latter is a EU version of BDP-41/43FD..
http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-r...ved-today.html

However, I decided to go with a DVD multiregion BDP-430 as a direct sibling of LX-54/41,43FD lacking just the chassis-type and some better audio inputs..the price was 240 EUR/some 320 USD in February..(US dollar is insanely weak nowadays)
so far, I´ve had none significant issues like lipsync outs or freezing..at all..I played at least dozen discs of various sources (BD, DVD region 1 and 2, CD, DivX on DVD/R and CD-R, MKV on USB)..there has been 2 firmware updates so far, both were performed..
I had the BDP-320 before, which I admit was very cool in PQ but really sloooooow with no DivX HD on USB playback..or YouTube, which is though still unavailable on BDP-430/LX-54
but the truth is that Pioneer really makes new firmwares for these older players, the most recent for BDP-320 is from the start of April 2011..which means they still try to maximize its performance..
I wrote them yesterday complaining about the new firmware lag, still waiting for answer..
Let´s be merciful and let them come up with the new every-issue-resolving version (at least there was an earthquake and radiation problems in Japan)
and we´ll see what they are capable of..if they keep struggling like they did so far, **** them..
post #66 of 75 Old 04-28-2011, 03:57 AM
Advanced Member

I just found out I can do direct youtube from my cable box instead of using the wifi of the BD player. Verizon FIOS widget.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #67 of 75 Old 06-15-2011, 09:27 AM

I agree, I wish I could go directly to the desired CD track.

I am also not happy with the sound. I am using the 2 channel analog audio outs into a vintage stereo reciever and the sound is very harsh and missing all the lower midtones.

Picture quality is nice but it is going back.
post #68 of 75 Old 09-11-2011, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

So disheartening reading all the negative comments for Pioneer's 43FD player....as a current Pio 23FD owner (which I was considering replacing with a newer 43FD for 3D support), I can safely say I will be keeping my 23FD for now and I'm seriously hoping Pio gets it's act together and starts making their own equipment and stop selling rebadged Sharp players with an Elite logo. That's just disgusting and it seems to be the norm in this industry more and more...they will not get another cent from me until this practice stops.
post #69 of 75 Old 09-11-2011, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rieper View Post

So disheartening reading all the negative comments for Pioneer's 43FD player....as a current Pio 23FD owner (which I was considering replacing with a newer 43FD for 3D support), I can safely say I will be keeping my 23FD for now and I'm seriously hoping Pio gets it's act together and starts making their own equipment and stop selling rebadged Sharp players with an Elite logo. That's just disgusting and it seems to be the norm in this industry more and more...they will not get another cent from me until this practice stops.

The upcoming 52FD and 53FD are pure Pioneer units, no Sharp involvement at all as per Chris Walker from Pioneer! They should be out by next month and look to be their best BD players ever!

Go Celtics!
post #70 of 75 Old 10-22-2011, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMan34 View Post

The upcoming 52FD and 53FD are pure Pioneer units, no Sharp involvement at all as per Chris Walker from Pioneer! They should be out by next month and look to be their best BD players ever!

Great news. Sounds like I will be waiting for the new one to come out. Any idea when??

B&W 684s, 685s, HTM62
PSA XV30Fse x2
DIY SI 18" / port tuned- 17hz
Onkyo 809, Emotiva XPA5, iNuke DSP1000
Projection: Panasonic PT-AE8000U / LED: Sharp 70" -Smart
HTPC: Lenovo q190 w/ Roku for chuckles
post #71 of 75 Old 11-02-2011, 12:44 AM

Liked: 11
The local Magnolia had the 43BFD open box on clearance here tonight... IIRC prices aren't welcome here so I won't mention it, but a big reduction.
post #72 of 75 Old 11-02-2011, 12:32 PM

I already got my denon last weak so I wont say ask how much but can you say what city
post #73 of 75 Old 02-16-2012, 06:01 AM
Advanced Member

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...ayers/BDP-53FD

Thing is... I'm loving my Panasonic. I just don't feel the urge to upgrade/downgrade anytime soon.

post #74 of 75 Old 02-23-2012, 05:17 PM

Just got Pioneer Elite BDP-41FD and picture & sound is just amazing. Player works very nice you can't hear any reading going on and load time is very much acceptable for me. This is a great machine and 3D Rio I watched was just unreal. I'll give this blu-ray player 5 out of 5 star. You will be happy
post #75 of 75 Old 05-25-2012, 09:58 PM

My 1.5 year old 43fd has started showing hdmi video out problems. TV screen goes blank intermittently, as if the hdmi connection from the player has been lost. A few seconds later it comes back. Has anyone seen a similar problem?
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Pioneer Bdp 43fd Blu Ray 3d Player

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page