post #2311 of 2322 Old 04-04-2014, 06:31 PM
CPB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrezinh0 View Post

No I haven't! Thanks! I should try this soon. But at this point I already bought a new 64Gb SSD.
Ah yeah.. that was part of the instructions of the 'trickery' post... you allow the BD player to boot up, and thereby 'unlock' the drive... once it is unlocked, with power still attached, you quickly pull the SATA cable and swap it with one hanging off a comuputer that's already up and running Linux.

I was apprehensive doing this, but i did it twice (BD590 and BD690) and it worked flawlessly. I've been able to use the two unlocked 250GB drives in other computers.
andrezinh0 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2312 of 2322 Old 04-06-2014, 07:51 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPB View Post

Ah yeah..

Thank you so much CPB! It worked!

OK, so here's what I did,

- First off enabled SATA Hotswap on your BIOS otherwise it wouldn't work.
- Connected the SATA power plug from the desktop on the drive and the data cable from the BD-player
- Booted the PC with a USB stick with PartedMagic
- Powered on the BDplayer and made sure it was actually opening the hard drive
- Unplugged the data cable from the bd-player and quickly plugged the data cable from the PC
- Issued the hdparm command to confirm the drive was there unlocked and unfrozen
- Did a secure wipe and it successfully completed

At this point I booted the PC in Windows 7 and the drive was actually frozen (shown as read only in windows disk management) then I set the drive to offline and then back online again. That was it! I was then able to create a new NTFS partition.

Thanks! biggrin.gif:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
post #2313 of 2322 Old 04-07-2014, 10:12 AM
CPB

Liked: 15
Cool! So it is now confirmed that this trick works with both HDD and SSD smile.gif Glad that it worked out for you.
post #2314 of 2322 Old 04-16-2014, 11:09 PM

Liked: 16
i own a BD620C.ive owned this unit for a couple years.only recently i have noticed that when im watching concert blurays or movies when i access the info display,its showing that the sound format is only 2.1 or 2.0.i have the HDMI hooked to a LG 42 LCD and its hooked optically to a Yamaha YAS101 soundbar.my question is since the bluray players output is only 2 channel,is it converted to 5.1 when it reaches the soundbar? i asked this question in the soundbar forum,but from further investigation,its not a soundbar issue.thanks.
post #2315 of 2322 Old 04-17-2014, 05:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 446
Mine outputs up 7.1, both via HDMI & Optical. Must be a setting on the player &/or the soundtrack selection on the Blu-ray Disc itself.

just 1 more pair of KLIPSCH Classic speakers...
RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

PANASONIC 60" PLASMA 3D, DENON AVR-3312CI, LG BD670 3D NETWORK BRD (iPhone APPs), TOSHIBA HD-XA2 HD DVD, SAMSUNG BD-UP5000 HD DVD/BRD, iPod 8 GB, 13.2: KLIPSCH La Scala 1980 (Crites Rebuilt Type AA Crossovers Sonicaps) FRONT, HERESY II "SIGNATURE EDITION" WIDE, HERESY II CENTER/SURROUND, kg2 SB, kg3/kg1 Front/Rear HEIGHT, RW-12d SW, km-rsw
post #2316 of 2322 Old 04-17-2014, 06:28 AM

on the back of the player it says 2 channel audio beside the HDMI output.so im guessing I have to go into the settings to change the sound formats?sorry for the newb questions,as I thought the player automatically converts the discs sound formats,didnt know about the players different audio settings I have to change,if possible.
post #2317 of 2322 Old 04-17-2014, 09:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcam406 View Post

i own a BD620C.ive owned this unit for a couple years.only recently i have noticed that when im watching concert blurays or movies when i access the info display,its showing that the sound format is only 2.1 or 2.0.i have the HDMI hooked to a LG 42 LCD and its hooked optically to a Yamaha YAS101 soundbar.my question is since the bluray players output is only 2 channel,is it converted to 5.1 when it reaches the soundbar? i asked this question in the soundbar forum,but from further investigation,its not a soundbar issue.thanks.

TV sets generally will not pass through surround audio from external sources. Unfortunately, your current rig does not allow any alternative because your sound bar only has optical and coaxial inputs, but the BD 620 only has HDMI for multichannel audio output.

On top of that, a soundbar that does not have any rear satellite speakers really cannot give you a surround experience anyway.

I have never heard the soundbar you have, but the marketing claim of simulating 7 channel surround in that form factor is highly suspicious. Presuming the soundbar can handle more than 2 channels discretely, you may be better off with a player with optical or coaxial outputs. However, you would need a better audio system to get a truly immersive surround experience.
post #2318 of 2322 Old 04-17-2014, 05:48 PM

thanks for the response.i know a soundbar isn't going to compare to an actual surround system,but this thing does sound real good considering.i bought it basically because of the TV's speakers wernt cutting it.only when playing movies and watching sports is when this soundbar really shines.i notice when im playing movies and check the format it reads "DTS MA multi channel".when I play concert blurays,it says either 2.0 Dolby" or "3/2.1 Dolby".im still trying to figure out what the latter means.
post #2319 of 2322 Old 04-18-2014, 10:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcam406 View Post

thanks for the response.i know a soundbar isn't going to compare to an actual surround system,but this thing does sound real good considering.i bought it basically because of the TV's speakers wernt cutting it.only when playing movies and watching sports is when this soundbar really shines.i notice when im playing movies and check the format it reads "DTS MA multi channel".when I play concert blurays,it says either 2.0 Dolby" or "3/2.1 Dolby".im still trying to figure out what the latter means.

As you are probably aware, the soundtrack options will vary from disc to disc depending on the source and encoding format chosen during mastering. 3/2.1 is simply 5.1. 3 front channels + 2 surround channels and subwoofer effects channel.
post #2320 of 2322 Old 04-19-2014, 07:54 AM

thanks for the clarification.
post #2321 of 2322 Old 08-09-2014, 11:37 PM

I Use an LG BP-645 here in the UK and watch quite a lot of contents on Netflix. However, here in the UK, the LG players only output 24fps and 50hz...I use Unblock US to watch Netflix from around the world and of course, only here in the UK is NF streamed at 50hz so whenever I try to watch it from another region at 60hz, I get a lot of jerky pans. The display setup menu seems to affect Blu-ray playback only and if I select "other" for the regions on my Smart Hub, then Netflix is missing...does anybody know how to get this to playback at 60hz please? I'm using it connected to a Pioneer LX-57 receiver and ye ol Pioneer PDP 4280XD panel (which should be able to work at 60hz no problem and has done until I got this player...)
I was thinking of messing with the video setting on the AVR...
post #2322 of 2322 Old 08-11-2014, 06:15 PM

Do the newer LG players recognize a 4tb external hard drive?
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Lg Bd650 3d Network Blu Ray Disc Player With Smart Tv , Lg Bd690 3d Wireless Network Blu Ray Disc Player With Smart Tv And 250gb Hard Drive , Lg Bd670 3d Wireless Network Blu Ray Disc Player With Smart Tv , New Lg 3d Blu Ray Player Smart Tv 1080p Bd650 , Lg , Blu Ray Players
Gear in this thread - Bd670 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page