Official Panasonic DMP-BDT110/210/310 Owners Thread - Page 16 - AVS Forum
First ... 14  15  16 17  18  ... Last
Blu-ray Players > Official Panasonic DMP-BDT110/210/310 Owners Thread
colour's Avatar colour 09:09 PM 03-18-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob305 View Post

I beleive that the lighter/darker control is related when you use conposite and not HDMI.
if you are using HDMI. dont worry about it.
Jacob

Not true. It simply enhances the blacks HDMI or not.

nabokovfan87's Avatar nabokovfan87 11:11 PM 03-18-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by colour View Post

I thought it had to do with the whole HDMI limited/full setting that is on the PS3. So, mine is on dark, mostly because the TV is far too bright (backlight bleeds through badly) and then the TV contrast/brightness adjusted to show black detail and try and lower the bleeding as much as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post

When a disc is playing, hit Display button on your remote, you will see a menu to change audio and video settings.

Very nice tip, I am still getting used to the player, didn't see the button. I think most of those settings aren't even in the main menu settings, which is odd.

Gives you some options, but not nearly everything.

Thanks again!
nabokovfan87's Avatar nabokovfan87 11:13 PM 03-18-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro View Post

Guys would these players be compatible with WD-65735 TV and what shall I need besides 3d glasses and what kind?

It has 3 different display types for 3d. Check the manual on the TV and the player, but it should be compatible with most anything apart from the red/blue glasses type.
myron243's Avatar myron243 09:07 AM 03-19-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro View Post

Guys would these players be compatible with WD-65735 TV and what shall I need besides 3d glasses and what kind?

When you set up the 210 select checkerboard and it will work for 3D blu-ray on your Mits. If you want to use the 2D to 3D conversion you will have to have the Mits adapter because the player only does 2D to 3D when in Full 3D. Forced me to connect my adapter to my 82737. Also if you run your player through an AVR via HDMI the AVR will need to be 1.4 HDMI for any 3D mode other than checkerboard. I currently have the 210>adapter>TV and use the optical audio to my AVR. Doing that allows me to make adjustments on the HDMI port the 210 goes through that don't apply to the one my Dish box is connected to.
colour's Avatar colour 04:58 PM 03-19-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornillo View Post

I jiggled the connection and it started going on/off very fast. Wouldn't stay on or off. Tried another cable and got no picture at all. I borrowed my son's xbox hdmi cable and it seems ok now.

Are some HDMI cables rated higher than others? It seems odd that one in current use would fail, while the xbox cable (it is labeled as such) would work.

Are far as settings go...I did not change anything.

HDMI cables are pretty much same, it's the construction that can make a cable bad. The one thing I don't like about HDMI is the connection isn't very secure. I switched out all of mine because they were too heavy and almost falling out, I went with even cheaper ones.

If it seems okay now even if you jiggle it then I assume the player is fine, I'd be concerned if the pins are bent or the input is loose. Did you try the first cable on your xbox?
moxie1617's Avatar moxie1617 05:50 PM 03-19-2011
[quote]Originally Posted by Jacob305
I beleive that the lighter/darker control is related when you use conposite and not HDMI.
Jacob[quote]
Quote:

Actually, Jacob305 is correct regarding black levelst. Use lighter for Composite connection(yellow video cable) and use darker for Component connection(red,blue,green cables). It has no effect on HDMI.
iblaineman's Avatar iblaineman 07:52 PM 03-19-2011
I just purchased the BDT210. First it doesn't do well streaming over my FIOS 802.11g router. I guest it's time for N or hard wire. I am amazed it plays TS files although not well over wireless G and I think no fast forward or rewind. I wonder what the bitrate is Pandora? I tried some of the tube sound settings but I think off is better. Also I didn't see a way to tell netflix streaming quality. I am replacing a BD35 and I do think the BDT210 sounds better and less sharp then the BD35.
XBR11's Avatar XBR11 08:11 PM 03-19-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post

From the 110/210 manual...

BD-Video
This unit supports high bit rate audio (Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio and DTS-HD Master Audio) adopted in BD-Video. - [BDT110] : If Dolby D/Dolby D +/Dolby TrueHD is set to PCM, the maximum possible number of Dolby sound is 5.1ch PCM. (␣ 30)

[BDT110] : The maximum possible number of Dolby sound is 5.1ch PCM.

Also the manual says both the 110/210 will play (some formats of) MKV with USB playback. Their site states only the 210. Anyone know which is accurate?

Can someone please explain to me what this means? If my PS3 outputs PCM to this 210 (which I am thinking of buying) then will I NOT get 7.1 sound?
cage22's Avatar cage22 10:05 PM 03-19-2011
Is there a way to enter a specific time in a DVD (not Blu-ray) to jump to?
i.e. I want to finish watching a movie tomorrow on DVD and at that time would like to jump to exactly 1 hour, 14 minutes and 32 seconds.

Anyone know how to jump to a specific time? (I could easily do this on my old Oppo)
Tornillo's Avatar Tornillo 10:13 PM 03-19-2011
Quote:

HDMI cables are pretty much same, it's the construction that can make a cable bad. The one thing I don't like about HDMI is the connection isn't very secure. I switched out all of mine because they were too heavy and almost falling out, I went with even cheaper ones.

If it seems okay now even if you jiggle it then I assume the player is fine, I'd be concerned if the pins are bent or the input is loose. Did you try the first cable on your xbox?

Yes I did......and it was fine.
colour's Avatar colour 11:03 PM 03-19-2011
[quote=moxie1617;20176049][quote]Originally Posted by Jacob305
Jacob
Quote:

Actually, Jacob305 is correct regarding black levelst. Use lighter for Composite connection(yellow video cable) and use darker for Component connection(red,blue,green cables). It has no effect on HDMI.

Well all I can say is I switched it on mine and saw the difference through HDMI.
jbolt's Avatar jbolt 11:44 PM 03-19-2011
I know most Blu-ray 3D discs give you the option to play it in 2D or 3D mode, but most Disney movies do not have this option. Is there a way to get the player to display the 3D disc in 2D if you just want to watch it normal? I have TRON: Legacy on Blu-ray 3D and I have a friend that wants to watch it in 2D mode. I thought I read that you can do this, but I couldn't figure out how to do it.

I figured when you first put in the disc, it tells you that it recognizes a 3D disc, but gives you the option to play it "Automatic" or "2D Playback". When I select 2D, I then get the message, "This disc has recognized that your player and/or display does not support 3D playback. To begin your 3D experience, please insert this disc into a 3D-enabled Blu-ray player and connect to a 3D-enabled TV display with an HDMI cable, or insert your disc into a 3D-enabled computer with a Blu-ray drive."
Jacob305's Avatar Jacob305 11:58 PM 03-19-2011
doesn't the tron set include a seperate disc for 2d blu ray? why not use that.

Jacob
moxie1617's Avatar moxie1617 06:08 AM 03-20-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by colour
Well all I can say is I switched it on mine and saw the difference through HDMI.
Throw in the DVE calibration disk or any other calibration disc with the pluge pattern. While connected with HDMI display the pluge pattern. Adjust the contrast until the BTB bar is visible, toggle the Black Level control on the player and it has no effect on the BTB bar, it is always there. Now repeat using the composite connection. The BTB bar is visible on Darker and goes away on Lighter.
Howie411's Avatar Howie411 06:39 AM 03-20-2011
After nunumerous emails to Panasonic (they didn't understand what I was talking about I've confirmed the new Panasonic models support HDMi 1.4a.

"
Thank you for your inquiry.

The DMP-BDT210 can accommodate the HDMI 1.4a cable along with its features. We
hope this information is helpful to you. Thank you for contacting
Panasonic.
"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie411 View Post
HDMI 1.4a was the latest standard for 3d, for instance my Onkyo receiver says - HDMI Version V1.4a (supports 3D video and Audio Return Channel)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

HDMI 1.4a was released on March 4, 2010 and adds two additional mandatory 3D formats for broadcast content, which was deferred with HDMI 1.4 in order to see the direction of the 3D broadcast market.[114][115] HDMI 1.4a has defined mandatory 3D formats for broadcast, game, and movie content.[114] HDMI 1.4a requires that 3D displays support the frame packing 3D format at either 720p50 and 1080p24 or 720p60 and 1080p24, side-by-side horizontal at either 1080i50 or 1080i60, and top-and-bottom at either 720p50 and 1080p24 or 720p60 and 1080p24.[115]

Foxbat121's Avatar Foxbat121 07:02 AM 03-20-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolt
I know most Blu-ray 3D discs give you the option to play it in 2D or 3D mode, but most Disney movies do not have this option. Is there a way to get the player to display the 3D disc in 2D if you just want to watch it normal? I have TRON: Legacy on Blu-ray 3D and I have a friend that wants to watch it in 2D mode. I thought I read that you can do this, but I couldn't figure out how to do it.

I figured when you first put in the disc, it tells you that it recognizes a 3D disc, but gives you the option to play it "Automatic" or "2D Playback". When I select 2D, I then get the message, "This disc has recognized that your player and/or display does not support 3D playback. To begin your 3D experience, please insert this disc into a 3D-enabled Blu-ray player and connect to a 3D-enabled TV display with an HDMI cable, or insert your disc into a 3D-enabled computer with a Blu-ray drive."
That's probably because those Disney discs typically have 2D stream and 3D stream on separate discs. I know my Alice 3D comes with 3 separate discs:2d, 3d and dvd.
Foxbat121's Avatar Foxbat121 07:11 AM 03-20-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBR11 View Post
Can someone please explain to me what this means? If my PS3 outputs PCM to this 210 (which I am thinking of buying) then will I NOT get 7.1 sound?
Why do you want to output from PS3 to 210? 210 is not a receiver and hence don't take external inputs.

What that paragragh means is that when you play a BD disc, 210 can decode and outputs Dolby TrueHD 7.1 with all 7.1 channels in PCM while 110 can only decode and output Dobly TrueHD 7.1 to 5.1 channels in PCM. There are only handful or Dolby TrueHD discs that supports TrueHD 7.1 and you can use bitstream from 110 to let your AVR to decode it.
JJ7's Avatar JJ7 08:42 AM 03-20-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob305 View Post
doesn't the tron set include a seperate disc for 2d blu ray? why not use that.

Jacob
The official release date for these discs is April 5, 2011. So the OP can buy them then.
bommai's Avatar bommai 09:42 AM 03-20-2011
One of the posters said his 210 had a better video quality than the 300. I have a 300 that I can still return to BB. I am wondering if I should get the 210 instead, or wait for 310. I can use the 310's second HDMI port. Will there by any other enhancement in the 310 compared to the 210?
flintstone1's Avatar flintstone1 10:57 AM 03-20-2011
I am thinking of buying Panasonic 110/210 3D player but is there any quality difference in picture or audio output between these 2 models or is just the touchless sensor for which I do not care.
Can any of these playes adjust picture size in multiple steps ? The problem is when you play WS movie and have black bars on top and bottom. I have currently LG BD-370 that allows zoom adjustment in multiple steps, that I use to reduce the size of black bars without using full zoom that impairs the quality and limits the visible portion of the picture.
Thanks
Ruined's Avatar Ruined 11:34 AM 03-20-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bommai View Post

One of the posters said his 210 had a better video quality than the 300. I have a 300 that I can still return to BB. I am wondering if I should get the 210 instead, or wait for 310. I can use the 310's second HDMI port. Will there by any other enhancement in the 310 compared to the 210?

The 210 is head and shoulders better than the 300/350 unless you need the extra HDMI port.

With the 210 vs the 310, per Panasonic's press materials there is zero difference aside from HDMI port. As I plan to upgrade my preamp to HDMI1.4 later in the year, I will simply run optical out of the 210 until said upgrade instead of spending more for the 310.
BillP's Avatar BillP 12:28 PM 03-20-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by flintstone1 View Post

I am thinking of buying Panasonic 110/210 3D player but is there any quality difference in picture or audio output between these 2 models or is just the touchless sensor for which I do not care.

The other major difference is WiFi in the 210.
bommai's Avatar bommai 12:57 PM 03-20-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined View Post

The 210 is head and shoulders better than the 300/350 unless you need the extra HDMI port.

With the 210 vs the 310, per Panasonic's press materials there is zero difference aside from HDMI port. As I plan to upgrade my preamp to HDMI1.4 later in the year, I will simply run optical out of the 210 until said upgrade instead of spending more for the 310.

I wish the 310 had 7.1 analog too like the 300. But I think it does not. I used the second HDMI of the 300 to send audio to my non-HDMI 1080p pass through receiver and I was able to get 5.1 PCM but today it was not working properly. Then I hooked up 5.1 analog and it sounds awesome through my receiver. My receiver even applies EQ on analog inputs. So, I really want a BD player with 7.1 analog output. So, my choices are 1) keep my 300 but it was open box and I paid $200 for it 2) buy a BD-85 for $140 from sears 3) buy an Oppo 93. Some one said they liked the video in the panny 300 compared to Oppo 93. I am sure most people will disagree with me on that. I have a few SACDs that I would like to play. Currently I use my gen 1 ps3 for that - but I can probably sell that PS3 for $250 - I don't really play games. Too many choices!

I would go with the 310 if the second HDMI works reliably but the 300 seems a little flaky.
jbolt's Avatar jbolt 01:23 PM 03-20-2011
Quote:

That's probably because those Disney discs typically have 2D stream and 3D stream on separate discs. I know my Alice 3D comes with 3 separate discs:2d, 3d and dvd.

I know that they come with the regular Blu-ray, but in general I thought I read somewhere that the Panasonic 110 can take a 3D Blu-ray and show it in 2D by just showing one side of the image. I plan to buy Tron: Legacy when it is released, but I was given a burnt copy of just the Blu-ray 3D disc.
XBR11's Avatar XBR11 01:29 PM 03-20-2011
Quote:

Why do you want to output from PS3 to 210? 210 is not a receiver and hence don't take external inputs.

What that paragragh means is that when you play a BD disc, 210 can decode and outputs Dolby TrueHD 7.1 with all 7.1 channels in PCM while 110 can only decode and output Dobly TrueHD 7.1 to 5.1 channels in PCM. There are only handful or Dolby TrueHD discs that supports TrueHD 7.1 and you can use bitstream from 110 to let your AVR to decode it.

Well that was a dumb question from me!

I meant replace my PS3 with a 210.

So my real question - if I get a 210 and HDMI to my 7.1 receiver via PCM, will I be able to get 7.1 sound?

If only the 110 has a 5.1 limitation, and the 210 doesn't, then I am good to go.
bommai's Avatar bommai 01:32 PM 03-20-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBR11 View Post

Well that was a dumb question from me!

I meant replace my PS3 with a 210.

So my real question - if I get a 210 and HDMI to my 7.1 receiver via PCM, will I be able to get 7.1 sound?

Yes - 210 will and with HDMI even 110 will get you 7.1 PCM to your receiver (I believe).
Foxbat121's Avatar Foxbat121 02:13 PM 03-20-2011
Quote:

Yes - 210 will and with HDMI even 110 will get you 7.1 PCM to your receiver (I believe).

According to the manual posted above, 110 will only decode Dolby TrueHD 7.1 into PCM 5.1, an artificial limit imposed in firmware. But as I also mentioned above, Dobly TrueHD 7.1 discs are very rare. And if you chose bitstream, it will be identical as 210.

The differences bwtween 110, 210 and 310 are really features (wi-fi dongle, second HDMI port etc.). You just have to judge yourself whether or not the features worth the extra $ to you.
cage22's Avatar cage22 03:04 PM 03-20-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by flintstone1 View Post

Can any of these playes adjust picture size in multiple steps ? The problem is when you play WS movie and have black bars on top and bottom. I have currently LG BD-370 that allows zoom adjustment in multiple steps, that I use to reduce the size of black bars without using full zoom that impairs the quality and limits the visible portion of the picture.
Thanks

The 210 should have better sound than the 110 as the 110 does not have "High Clarity Sound" - a feature that, at least in part, makes the sound better by disabling the analog video output - good for those who are using HDMI.
hobbes4444's Avatar hobbes4444 04:42 PM 03-20-2011
Well, never got an answer to my question regarding exFAT formatted hard drives over USB. So i got a 110 recently, unboxed it this morning, and gave it a go. The 110 recognized a thumb drive formatted exFAT with 720p 6 gb mkv and 1080p 5 gb mkv files on it and played them (although I only watched about 30 secs of each). So there is some hope for this unit after all!! I think i have an unused portable HDD that I'll format exFAT soon and see what happens. . .

Well the 110 recognized the exFAT portable HDD. i loaded 3 files on the drive: a 1080i ts file, it wasn't recognized at all; a 1080p mkv (specs below) it recognized it in the file list, player indicated play, but no audio or video; a 720p mkv with DTS audio and it played fine. i suspect it's the bitrate that's causing problems, over 9000 kbps on the file that would not play. . .

1080p file that did not play back:
AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.0
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 5 frames
Muxing mode : Container profile=Unknown@4.0
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 1h 51mn
Bit rate : 9 592 Kbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 800 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.40:1
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.260
Stream size : 7.29 GiB (92%)

1080p that played fine

Format : AVC
Format profile : High@L4.1
Muxing mode : Container profile=Unknown@4.1
Duration : 1h 35mn
Bit rate : 5 895 Kbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 816 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.35:1
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.157
Stream size : 3.85 GiB (88%)
Writing library : x264 core 112 r1867 22bfd31

720p file that played fine
Format : AVC
Format profile : High@L4.1
Format settings, GOP : M=2, N=3
Muxing mode : Container profile=Unknown@4.1
Duration : 1h 32mn
Bit rate : 5 263 Kbps
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 688 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 1.860
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.249
Stream size : 3.31 GiB (76%)
Razvanel's Avatar Razvanel 09:02 PM 03-20-2011
Quote:

I just bought the 210. I also have the 350 and I too think that the 210 has better video quality than the 350. So far I've only tried Blu-Ray and YouTube but on both the 210 has better PQ than the 350.

R
Tags: Panasonic Dmp Bdt110 3d 2d Blu Ray Disc Player , Blu Ray Movies , Panasonic Viera Tc P50gt30 50 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Dmp Bdt100 Full Hd 3d Blu Ray Disc Player , Receivers Amplifiers , Sony Bdp S770 3d Blu Ray Disc Player With Wi Fi , Panasonic 1080p Blu Ray Player Dmp Bd35ak Brand , Panasonic Dmp Bd55k Blu Ray Disc Player
First ... 14  15  16 17  18  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop