Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 8497 Old 03-28-2011, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertester777 View Post

There is a new update today for the BDT110 - dont know what it contains though.

They haven't updated their website yet, still list 1.47 as the latest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 8497 Old 03-28-2011, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by workinghard View Post

Hey, so I was interested in setting up the network drive and seeing how that worked...but, I have no idea how. I have tried my "#%# off to figure it out, but part of the paroblem is that my Vista is in Japanese...and there is no bilingual option, so it is a real pita to figure this stuff out...let me know if you have any tips, I can never figure out how to enter my folder name and so forth on the pany to find it.

I did have mine working on win 7 but can't get it working again. I had it working using the shared folder name and my name and blank password as the user. Works fine with my WDTV Live.

I'm afraid to ask but why Jap windows? It's bad enough in English.
post #633 of 8497 Old 03-28-2011, 05:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 516
I just found a little info on the 1.56 firmware here (European support page off the Japanese site):
Quote:

2011/3/28, Ver 1.56 - 3D still pictures (MPO) compatibility and other improvements

Wish I knew what "other improvements" were .

EDIT: The Netflix player has changed, at least a little. The main menu no longer annoyingly overlaps the thumbnail to its right and the thumbnails seem sharper (though I may be fooling myself). There may be other things--I'm checking something now.

EDIT: EDIT: Below is the visual difference. At the top is what I see on the BDT110 now, at the bottom is what I still see on the PS3. They were identical in 1.47 (at least the menu overlap was--I noticed the change immediately because I don't like the way the overlap looks and it always annoys me):

It sort of pushes the thumbs off to one side when you're in the menu. I just noticed it, but the PS3 shows the top of a 3rd row of thumbs which the BDT110 no longer does; it's possible that the thumbs on the BDT110 could be a bit larger now--I'll measure.

I wanted to check whether the BDT110 now has access to the 3rd HD encoding (presumably 1080p) that the PS3 does, but my supposedly-25-Mbps Cox network connection is not presently good enough--I was getting the lower rate 2.6 Mbps 720p encoding, though I might have been seeing higher rates for an instant here and there . I'll try it later.

EDIT: EDIT: EDIT: I measured the thumbs, and they're a hair over 7" long on my 46" panel when you're navigating through them; when you're in the menu, they remain the same size on the BDT110 and shrink to 5 5/8" on the PS3.

I'd also say that navigating the Netflix interface has become just as fast as on the PS3 except for redrawing the thumbs when you change from one set to another, which is still a bit sluggish in comparison.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #634 of 8497 Old 03-28-2011, 06:24 PM

I just updated the firmware on my 110 over the internet from version 1.47 to 1.56. North America firmware site has been updated:

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...bdt110_na.html
post #635 of 8497 Old 03-28-2011, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Pretty sad and annoying that that they don't list the details of the firmware updates.

Can't understand why companies do that, it's like having work done on my car and not knowing what was done.
post #636 of 8497 Old 03-28-2011, 07:41 PM

Question: I received my 210 today and quickly set it up and have not had much time to play with it. What audio settings do I use so when I watch a Netflix movie that is streaming 5.1 sound that on my receiver I can see that it is playing 5.1 vs the 2.1 my old Samsung showed? I prefer to let my receiver decode the signal, if possible, and I did not know what the equivalent of bitstream is on the 210. Thanks
post #637 of 8497 Old 03-28-2011, 07:43 PM

I just updated the 210 and tried to play Inception blue ray but could not hear the dialog does not matter what I did. Selected the option but it did not help. I have yamaha rx-v663. Any help is appreciated.
post #638 of 8497 Old 03-28-2011, 08:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colour View Post

I did have mine working on win 7 but can't get it working again. I had it working using the shared folder name and my name and blank password as the user. Works fine with my WDTV Live.

I'm afraid to ask but why Jap windows? It's bad enough in English.

Well, I managed to get it to work...sort of. I ahve everything set up now, and I can view pictures through it, but i dont give a "#%& about the pictures. I am trying to play my AVCHD, which the specs list as compatible with the Network Drives. Of course that is false...I keep holding out hope I will not have to drop it for the Sony again, but it keeps looking more an dmore like yes. I have a panasonic camcorder, and I knew it wasnt going to play the 1080/60p files (despite sony being able to) but it wont even play my 1080/60i files via USB/DLNA OR network drives...while the SOny could play all, including 1080/60p via usb external hard drives AND the DLNA...wth is wrong with pany not allowing their own consumer camcorder footage to play via these means on their blu ray player? Makes me furious with them, honestly... but anyway

If you have any questions on process or problems you are having let me know via message, I have learned a lot about this stuff now, between learning what needs to be done, finding images of it online and youtube videos showing the tabs, and then memorizing the locations...I could probably walk through most of the files blind-folded now
post #639 of 8497 Old 03-28-2011, 08:16 PM
Advanced Member

Well, my local blockbuster express does not carry Blu Ray, so I checked out a standard def dvd. Looks fantastic, but it still has that ticking noise. While playing it is pretty much inaudible, but if I pause the movie it seems to increase in volume. Then If I hit the power button to the blu ray on the remote I can still hear the disc spinning continuously even after it has said bye, and the ticking continues. No slowing or stopping.

Does yours do this?
post #640 of 8497 Old 03-28-2011, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 13
One thing I have noticed on my BDT110...

On quite a few of the DVDs I have played, I am not able to skip the previews and whatnot to get to the main menu. I press the "top menu" button, and it keeps saying something to the effect of "this option is not available". I have to physically fast forward through the preview, then the FF will stop when the next preview comes up, and I'll have to FF again. I'll have to repeat this till I get to the main menu. Does this happen to anyone else? Its quite annoying and if anyone knows of a way around this, I'd be very appreciative.
post #641 of 8497 Old 03-28-2011, 08:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well, my local blockbuster express does not carry Blu Ray, so I checked out a standard def dvd. Looks fantastic, but it still has that ticking noise. While playing it is pretty much inaudible, but if I pause the movie it seems to increase in volume. Then If I hit the power button to the blu ray on the remote I can still hear the disc spinning continuously even after it has said bye, and the ticking continues. No slowing or stopping.

Does yours do this?

I did exchange a 210 due to a noisy drive, but no mine doesn't do that.
post #642 of 8497 Old 03-28-2011, 09:02 PM

In the middle of streaming Netflix tonight, my 210 cut off the internet. I thought my DSL or ROUTER was messing up, so I rebooted everything. Well, I went to the network settings, and it appears I am connecting to the Network, but not the internet, I keep getting the cannot connect to internet message when selecting Netflix or Vierra. BY the way, the rest of my wireless tech connects to the web just fine. Any Suggestions?
post #643 of 8497 Old 03-28-2011, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Does yours do this?

Mine doesn't make a ticking sound, but it does sound like the disc is still spinning for a while after I shut the unit off.
post #644 of 8497 Old 03-28-2011, 09:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Has anyone called or wrote Panasonic about the Netflix blinks?

My 210 is doing it too.

post #645 of 8497 Old 03-28-2011, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

One other question I have is about white "sparkles" on my player. From what little I have read, its not the player, but the HDMI connection/handshake issues with my Onkyo receiver. Is there any way to fix this? Could I have a bad HDMI cable? I have high speed (v1.4) AmazonBasics brand 6 ft HDMI cables for all my components, and the BDT110 is the only component in my system that is showing these sparkles. Thanks!
post #646 of 8497 Old 03-28-2011, 09:39 PM

So I installed a 210 on Friday. Customer called me today complaining that the Netflix stream seems to be going in high speed. When I asked for a better explanation, they explained that both the picture and sound seem to be moving faster than normal. (Yes, I asked the obvious question.)

Is anyone else seeing or heard of this type of issue?
post #647 of 8497 Old 03-28-2011, 09:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUPPPP View Post

One other question I have is about white "sparkles" on my player. From what little I have read, its not the player, but the HDMI connection/handshake issues with my Onkyo receiver. Is there any way to fix this? Could I have a bad HDMI cable? I have high speed (v1.4) AmazonBasics brand 6 ft HDMI cables for all my components, and the BDT110 is the only component in my system that is showing these sparkles. Thanks!

Which Onkyo do you have?
post #648 of 8497 Old 03-28-2011, 09:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post

My 210 is doing it too.

The Netflix player is a version of the one being used on the PS3, which has a very good adaptive bit rate streaming scheme: when bandwidth fluctuates on your connection with Netflix (different thing than the rated speed of your service), it smoothly and seamlessly switches to lower or higher bit rate encodings of the stream as necessary. It's so smooth on the PS3 that it's like watching the focus of a camera soften and sharpen; it's not always so seamless on these BD players. The blinks are obviously undesireable, but it's for damn sure better than many other Netflix players, which pause for seconds sometime to rebuffer a lower bandwidth stream--many can't switch to a higher quality stream when more bandwidth becomes available on the connection.

AFAIK, this player is only running on the PS3 and these BD players, though I'm sure that it'll be present on other devices soon.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #649 of 8497 Old 03-28-2011, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by colour View Post

which onkyo do you have?

tx-sr508
post #650 of 8497 Old 03-28-2011, 11:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Just downloaded the new firmware. No issues. Playing Inception just fine, now streaming Firefly in netflix w/out issue.
Friday night was watched our first Vudu movie and everything went pretty smooth, we had one loss of connection of sorts where the screen went blank anf then came back as if the stream was still running but the player lost connection to the TV.

I recently picked up a Netgear MoCA adapter and Trendnet gigabit ethernet switch. I'm using them for me Squeezebox, 210, and xbox 360 and it has been a godsend. Rock solid connection that is... wait for it.... consistent!

Anyways, happy 210 owner here with no drop outs or other issues save the mess that is DLNA support.

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #651 of 8497 Old 03-29-2011, 03:36 AM

Quote:

On quite a few of the DVDs I have played, I am not able to skip the previews and whatnot to get to the main menu. I press the "top menu" button, and it keeps saying something to the effect of "this option is not available". I have to physically fast forward through the preview, then the FF will stop when the next preview comes up, and I'll have to FF again. I'll have to repeat this till I get to the main menu. Does this happen to anyone else? Its quite annoying and if anyone knows of a way around this, I'd be very appreciative.

Press the options button on the remote and select Menu from the on screen menu.
post #652 of 8497 Old 03-29-2011, 03:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 211
Quote:

Sparkle typically means bad HDMI cable. Get a Monoprice cable.
post #653 of 8497 Old 03-29-2011, 03:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It is because those discs are authored to not allow you to skip previews. Most BDs I watched are like this.
post #654 of 8497 Old 03-29-2011, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post

Those Sonys are typically 768p (1366x768) native, not 720p(1280x720). So, 1080i may give you better results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurcielagoSV213 View Post

I've generally seen that 1080i from a BR player to a 720p tv is usually a better choice.

Thanks I'll leave it set to 1080i
post #655 of 8497 Old 03-29-2011, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post

It is because those discs are authored to not allow you to skip previews. Most BDs I watched are like this.

You can also chapter skip the previews. Annoying, absolutely. But short of ripping to your pc hd and making a new disc, not much u can do.
post #656 of 8497 Old 03-29-2011, 05:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

AFAIK, this player is only running on the PS3 and these BD players, though I'm sure that it'll be present on other devices soon.

I believe the Boxee Box is using the same (basic) interface for a while without the blinks as well.
post #657 of 8497 Old 03-29-2011, 05:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post

My 210 is doing it too.

I have called Panasonic and Netflix each twice... with the usual results (nothing). Panasonic told me my notes stated it would be bounced up and I would be contacted. That was three weeks ago and not counting.
post #658 of 8497 Old 03-29-2011, 06:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes4444 View Post

You can also chapter skip the previews. Annoying, absolutely. But short of ripping to your pc hd and making a new disc, not much u can do.

Nope. Recent BDs I watched didn't allow chapter skips at all. You can only fast forward. I sure if there is way to block fast forward, studios will block that too. I was actually supprised that a recent Disney disc actually popup messages to tell me to use Top Menu button to skip previews. I remember in the old DVD days, every single Disney DVDs force me to watch through at least a dozen previews.
post #659 of 8497 Old 03-29-2011, 06:49 AM

Does anyone know how the 210 compares to the Toshiba BDX2700? I'm picking one of these up today. Thanks!
post #660 of 8497 Old 03-29-2011, 06:55 AM

Hi,

i'm an german user of the DMP-BDT110. I want to create some sidebyside 3d movies from my Fuji FinePix W3. But any format i tried is not recognized on USB od SD (tried MPG2/4/AVI/DivX). Only mkv or avi is shown up on USB-disk. But avi is also not playable, sbs-mkv (x264) with 9GB and 1080p playes fine with an extFat formated USB-HD

Somebody knows which format is supported? Have read that mpg4 is supported on SD, but only with the original panasonic SD-Structure out of the cam.

To create the 3d sbs files i use an Magix 17HD program.

thanks, seb.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Panasonic Dmp Bdt110 3d 2d Blu Ray Disc Player , Blu Ray Movies , Panasonic Viera Tc P50gt30 50 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Dmp Bdt100 Full Hd 3d Blu Ray Disc Player , Receivers Amplifiers , Sony Bdp S770 3d Blu Ray Disc Player With Wi Fi , Panasonic 1080p Blu Ray Player Dmp Bd35ak Brand , Panasonic Dmp Bd55k Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - P50gt30 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page